All Categories

Crystals at your disposal!

Search
May 5, 2015, 12:5405/05/15
01/06/15

Apply Crystals and improve your Units!

Good tidings, my Lord! An excellent opportunity for making your army invincible has been bestowed upon you, and Crystals is its name!

Crystals can be found in Crystal Coffers which you can get at the Black Market or receive as rewards. Make sure that you construct the Crystal Vault to store, activate and upgrade your Crystals.

Crystal upgrading means crafting two Crystals of the same type and Level into a Crystal of a higher Level. For instance, two Level 1 Crystals can be crafted into a Level 2 Crystal; the maximum Level of your Crystals is 12. In case you need to salvage an activated Crystal, call for a Goldsmith - you can hire one at the Black Market. Otherwise, the Crystal shall be destroyed and lost forever.

Enough talk, my Lord - discover the might of Crystals and strengthen your forces today!

Views
Comments
Comments
May 6, 2015, 21:3105/06/15
03/21/15

It wasn't clear in the instructions, but can a Goldsmith be used only once (i.e. to retrieve just one crystal from a slot), or can you use the Goldsmith several times?

This might seem like a stupid question, but the reason why I'm asking is that you have a similar unit improving building in Plarium's Soliders Inc. game (The Medical Laboratory). In it you need an "injector" to extract the unit improving stimulants (the crystals of that game), but you can only use each injector once, then it's destroyed. That's why I'm curious if a Goldsmith is "destroyed" when it's used to retrieve a crystal.

P.S. Thanks for including this new Crystal Vault building. Now it's possible to reach 35 buildings and get the Weor the Mighty statue.

May 6, 2015, 22:5705/06/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14

Bunnyonwheels said:

It wasn't clear in the instructions, but can a Goldsmith be used only once (i.e. to retrieve just one crystal from a slot), or can you use the Goldsmith several times?

This might seem like a stupid question, but the reason why I'm asking is that you have a similar unit improving building in Plarium's Soliders Inc. game (The Medical Laboratory). In it you need an "injector" to extract the unit improving stimulants (the crystals of that game), but you can only use each injector once, then it's destroyed. That's why I'm curious if a Goldsmith is "destroyed" when it's used to retrieve a crystal.

P.S. Thanks for including this new Crystal Vault building. Now it's possible to reach 35 buildings and get the Weor the Mighty statue.

Lord I believe you can only use it once. Its like the wand in Stormfall Age of War. I hope this helps and I am glad your able to get your 35 building. Happy gaming.

May 7, 2015, 09:2805/07/15
03/21/15

Stephen Brandon said:

Bunnyonwheels said:

Lord I believe you can only use it once. Its like the wand in Stormfall Age of War. I hope this helps and I am glad your able to get your 35 building. Happy gaming.

Thanks for the answer. It was what I expected based on Plarium's other games. However, it would be nice if this information was written somewhere in the game, for example when buying a Goldsmith. Imagine people's surprise when their Goldsmith disappears after using it only once, despite paying 5000 sapphires for it.

May 8, 2015, 00:5505/08/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:59(edited)
11/05/14

Lord actually it is, please when opening up your crystal vault click one of the crystals and read the description. Thanks

May 9, 2015, 06:0805/09/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14

The description say only that we need a goldsmith to retieve a crystal of lvl5 or higher...it doesnt say that the goldsmith is 1 use only.I just wasted 5000 sapphires to buy one,if knew that i wouldnt buy it....

May 10, 2015, 00:1105/10/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

spriggan81 said:

The description say only that we need a goldsmith to retieve a crystal of lvl5 or higher...it doesnt say that the goldsmith is 1 use only.I just wasted 5000 sapphires to buy one,if knew that i wouldnt buy it....

Lord be careful. Read the description of the goldsmith before using. Thanks

May 10, 2015, 04:5305/10/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14

Stephen Brandon said:

spriggan81 said:

The description should tell before you buy it that the goldsmith is a one time only item...not after you buyed it ;)

May 11, 2015, 14:1505/11/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14

am I reading this right, you pay 5000 for a gold smith and he can only retrieve one crystal lvl 5 higher then he has to be replaced by another if you want to retrieve another crystal ??

May 12, 2015, 06:5105/12/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14

YEDAN said:

am I reading this right, you pay 5000 for a gold smith and he can only retrieve one crystal lvl 5 higher then he has to be replaced by another if you want to retrieve another crystal ??

Right....it's a theft,and they dont even say that is a one uso only before you buy it.I just wasted 5000 sapphires and i cant get a refund...nice one.Im not going to spend an euro on this game anymore.

May 12, 2015, 13:4805/12/15
01/06/15

spriggan81 said:

Stephen Brandon said:

spriggan81 said:

The description should tell before you buy it that the goldsmith is a one time only item...not after you buyed it ;)

I'll forward your observation to the devs, thank you, Lord.

May 23, 2015, 15:3505/23/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14

Spend 5000 and just use one time?? Is it joke?

May 25, 2015, 12:3805/25/15
01/06/15

akilirbis said:

Spend 5000 and just use one time?? Is it joke?

Lord, you should use it wisely.

Jun 30, 2015, 21:2806/30/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:39(edited)
11/05/14

I have written to support a number of times about this. Whilst I love the game I think this is the only upsetting thing I have discovered so far. I believe that make your players and customers pay 5000 sapphires (or about 20 pounds or 30 USD) every time you want to change crystals from offence to defense is unfair and excessive. I spent quite a bit of money buying troops, resources and boosts but will never pay this money for one time use of a Goldsmith. Every player I spoke with shares my opinion. Please make an alteration to your game program and allow to hire Goldsmith for 5000 sapphire once for multiple use.

Thanks, 

Jul 1, 2015, 06:5607/01/15

kgr260358, first of all there should be added "one use" in goldsmith description.

About changing cristals - you can change it free 1-4 lvls. Or you can save highter one but only for cash. It's your choice.

If you don't want to pay for it - use 4 lvl cristals and feel free to change them as you like.

PS Frankly speakng I'm the same ordinary player as everyone and haven't any game advantages.

Jul 1, 2015, 09:1707/01/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:53(edited)
11/05/14

This is what I call stupid. If they want to make money on goldsmiths they should allow to buy them for multiple use for crystals salvaging above lvl 4. They may increase the price above 5000 sapphires or allow more lvls of goldsmiths whereby you have to pay for every lvl goldsmith. But they must multiple use! Otherwise no one wants to pay 5000 sapphires (or 30 USD) just for one time salvaging. So, who is at a loss? Game owners, of course. It is their oversight - its clear to me...

Jul 30, 2015, 12:3307/30/15
01/06/15

Thank you, AAAAXXX4, for your constructive and useful observations. I will definitely forward them to our devs. I appreciate your feedback ana willingness to improve the game. 

Jul 29, 2015, 20:3007/29/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:59(edited)
11/05/14

I agree it is not worth spending 5000 sapphires for a single goldsmiths use.

I consider the improvement too limited and many players I had asked about the best use, prefer to ignore them instead. I prefer, for now to use only crystals level 4, so I can exchange them any time.

All unit type has a moment where it is more useful and so having an "specialty" on a single type is hard to consider useful, where it is better to make more troops instead. Maybe for the highest levels that strict and limited improvement might be useful. Maybe highest players are totally focused on maximizing their beasts attack or defense, in that case I think that beast defense would be the best crystal so maintaining alive more dragons and griffins. It would be great if it is clarified if the defense crystal will help in both attacks and reinforcements to reduce the number of units lost.

Before that moment, I prefer to change crystals many times, keeping them at level 4.

There is nothing in the game, at least so far, in terms of game balance, that would make some people to prefer one crystal over another for the long run and then have a sudden reason to change it spending real money. Maybe someone thinks that this is warranty that players will consider spending twice, not just once, so they will change again to their original preference. But then, I see nothing in the game that will encourage a player with a high level active crystal to exchange it for a temporary event and happily pay for that.

Finally for making this a constructive post, and not just blaming and criticizing, I think it would be better if:

a) Goldsmith could be like Artisans and we could pay for them for infinite uses. Maybe there should be a better goldsmith every 3 levels so you have a profit.

b) Add some patterns or situations where players can acquire the mentioned wisdom where it is an advantage to spend sapphires on changing crystals. Maybe improve the percentages or add more benefits. A crystal might still be focused on ocultism attack but can give lesser bonuses on ocultism defense, and infantry and cavalry attack.

c) Add more variety to crystals and make them less tight. Have only a crystal for each unit type, affecting both attack and defense. Or make more crystals, maybe some common and some rare to find crystals. A rare crystal could give attack bonuses to all attacking units, or even better to give defense bonuses to all attacking units (less attacking units will die, it depends on the complexity of the combat algorithms...). Some crystals could give bonuses at battlegrounds, others at settlements, others at beacons. Some epic rare crystals could give league bonuses so percentages should be really small, so as more league members participates in an attack or reinforcement the global improvement for all members will be higher, encouraging teamwork.

Well, I hope this could be helpful and creators, designers and programmers consider them useful.

Despite the disagreement on how goldsmith's functionality currently works, I am happy with most other game features. Thanks for a great MMORPG and for your rising motivation to keep improving the game.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.