This topic is closed

Capture rival League Flags, defend your own, and earn magnificent Rewards in this unique Tournament!

19 Replies
Lord Oberon
22 July, 2016, 1:45 PM UTC

Capture the Flag!


Capture rival League Flags, defend your own, and earn magnificent Rewards in this unique Tournament!


The High Council of Stormfall is proud to announce a very special Event – the Capture the Flag Tournament!


All Leagues shall be divided into Tiers according to their current positions in the Rankings. Each League shall receive a Flag to be located at their Fortress. The value of a League’s Flag depends on that League’s Tier.


Your main objective is to collect as many Flags from your rivals as possible. Each Flag captured shall yield a certain number of Tournament Points. The more Flags your League collects, the more Points your League shall earn.


NOTE: If your League’s Flag is at its Fortress when the Tournament ends, you shall receive an additional 25% of your total collected Tournament Points as a bonus!


The Top 10 Leagues in each Tier shall each be rewarded with valuable Effects - Buffs and Debuffs! These are positive and negative Effects that affect all Members of the Leagues to which they are applied. Among other things, Buffs and Debuffs can influence:


- Unit speed

- Unit attack or defense capabilities

- Resource production

- Experience Points gained in battles


IMPORTANT:


- Buffs can ONLY be applied to your own League

- Debuffs can only be applied to any League in the same Tier as your own

- The Top 3 Leagues in each Tier shall receive a special Reward, rendering them immune to the effects of some or all Debuffs

- You must have Fortress administration rights to apply Buffs and assign Debuffs

- Buffs and Debuffs are only valid for a period of 7 days after the end of the Tournament. This means that if a Buff is applied 2 days after the Tournament has ended, its effect will only last 5 days.

- Your League may apply up to 5 Buffs and assign up to 5 Debuffs (10 Effects total).

- In order to participate in the Tournament, your League must have constructed a Fortress of Level 3 or higher at least 24 hours prior to the start of the Tournament.


To arms, my Lords and Ladies! Ready your armies, reinforce your League Fortresses, and race to capture your rivals’ Flags!


Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
1
tomjaffrey
22 July, 2016, 9:19 PM UTC

This event is further once meant only for the big leagues and the little leagues have the disadvantage. The big leagues have the leagues with flag level1 and their fortresses must not attack. So would the leagues with flag vel 1 the chance had the flags divide among themselves. The idea is great, but the implementation is poor

Regards Tom
UTC +6:00
2
Ve4nik
25 July, 2016, 6:13 AM UTC

Well, in my opinion, participate or not participate - it's every league decision.

Worth it or not - every marshal decide for himself.

Unfortunately, reward buff will work only 1 week.
Ve4nik в игре ник мой, пишите Stormfall: RoB (-334 -668) // Soldiers Inc MW (-1234 567)
UTC +3:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
25 July, 2016, 9:22 AM UTC
Thank you for your feedback. I have passed it to our developers. They will take it into consideration and we will make some changes to the future Tournaments according to your feedback.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
marcinos1979
19 August, 2016, 7:06 AM UTC

Lord Oberon said:


Capture the Flag!


Capture rival League Flags, defend your own, and earn magnificent Rewards in this unique Tournament!


The High Council of Stormfall is proud to announce a very special Event – the Capture the Flag Tournament!


All Leagues shall be divided into Tiers according to their current positions in the Rankings. Each League shall receive a Flag to be located at their Fortress. The value of a League’s Flag depends on that League’s Tier.


Your main objective is to collect as many Flags from your rivals as possible. Each Flag captured shall yield a certain number of Tournament Points. The more Flags your League collects, the more Points your League shall earn.


As it is said all leagues shall be divided into tiers.....

My league is ranked 1156 and has fortress on lvl 6. And during last Capture the flag tournament we were attacked by league ranked 2 and with fortress lvl 15.

How can you explain to me we were in the same tier?

UTC +7:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
22 August, 2016, 7:09 AM UTC
marcinos1979 said:

Lord Oberon said:


Capture the Flag!


Capture rival League Flags, defend your own, and earn magnificent Rewards in this unique Tournament!


The High Council of Stormfall is proud to announce a very special Event – the Capture the Flag Tournament!


All Leagues shall be divided into Tiers according to their current positions in the Rankings. Each League shall receive a Flag to be located at their Fortress. The value of a League’s Flag depends on that League’s Tier.


Your main objective is to collect as many Flags from your rivals as possible. Each Flag captured shall yield a certain number of Tournament Points. The more Flags your League collects, the more Points your League shall earn.


As it is said all leagues shall be divided into tiers.....

My league is ranked 1156 and has fortress on lvl 6. And during last Capture the flag tournament we were attacked by league ranked 2 and with fortress lvl 15.

How can you explain to me we were in the same tier?

Maybe you had a Flag of their Tier on board?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
marcinos1979
29 August, 2016, 7:53 AM UTC

My league doesn't attack any fortresses to eliminate all retaliations.

We are simply too weak.

That's why we feel very big pain and think division on tiers in this shape is unfair.
UTC +7:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
30 August, 2016, 7:02 AM UTC
marcinos1979 said:

My league doesn't attack any fortresses to eliminate all retaliations.

We are simply too weak.

That's why we feel very big pain and think division on tiers in this shape is unfair.
Do you have any thoughts about how would it be more fair to divide leagues in Tiers?
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
marcinos1979
7 September, 2016, 8:07 AM UTC

Of course.

Leagues should be divided by fortress level, for example 3-6, 7-10, 11-14, 17-20.

Leagues should be divided by amount of league members, for example 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100, +100.

Leagues should be divided by rank, and get more points if you gain flag from better league, for example:

If you gain flag from league ranked +50, -50 from your league - max points.

If you gain flag from league ranked 51-150 up to your league, 51-150 down to your league less points.

If you gain flag from league ranked 500+ down to your league - penalty points for unsportmanlike behaviour
UTC +7:00
2
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
8 September, 2016, 8:09 AM UTC
Thanks for the ideas. I hope our devs will find a way to improve this Tournament.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
bob.clarkson
30 December, 2016, 2:05 AM UTC

The tier concept has been discontinued accidentally in program updates or deliberately by programming. My league, ranked 1717, had our flag taken by a league rated 555 - not close. My league has 5 players, their league has 96. My league has a level 5 castle, theirs is a levrl 11. I can't make any logical argument about being in the same tier. I have asked players with years of experience and they can't explain it. Can you tell me in plain English what Plarium means by "placing leagues in similar tiers based on rankings

UTC +5:00
1
NIKITA METEOR
Administrator
3 January, 2017, 10:14 AM UTC

bob.clarkson said:


The tier concept has been discontinued accidentally in program updates or deliberately by programming. My league, ranked 1717, had our flag taken by a league rated 555 - not close. My league has 5 players, their league has 96. My league has a level 5 castle, theirs is a levrl 11. I can't make any logical argument about being in the same tier. I have asked players with years of experience and they can't explain it. Can you tell me in plain English what Plarium means by "placing leagues in similar tiers based on rankings

It's normal if these Leagues are in the same Tier. You are right, Tier is based on rankings, it doesn't depend on the number of the players. We think that power of Leagues that are on the 500+ place is approximately equal, so they are in the same Tier.

Community manager
UTC +2:00
1
Sir_bit_yakin
29 January, 2017, 6:49 AM UTC

there is a SIMPLE fix for this,   drop the TWO TIER SPREAD,  only allow people to attack inside their own tier

I have said this MANY TIMES


I really ENJOY this tourney, its the only one that's more about interleague competition and bragging rights


but when a tier 4 ranked 66 can rape a tier 2 ranked 299  its just TOTALLY UNFAIR


place 100 leagues per tier  based on rank   1 - 100   101 - 200  201 - 300  301 - 1000 and let let us keep our flags INSIDE OUR TIER

tier 2 has 100 league,  by the end we're lucky if out of all 100 league there are 10 flags left inside our tier


supposed to be a prize for top 10 leagues, in tier 2 there are RARELY even 5 leagues with ANY flags by the end


this isn't rocket science, the fix is SOOO SIMPLE

UTC +5:00
1
Sir_bit_yakin
29 January, 2017, 7:31 AM UTC

this should show how unfair this is

my league is ranked  299th  that league is ranked 127th    

299 - 127 = 162  ranks higher than us

from the picture you can see they have 105 flags,  103 of them are tier 2 flags

the answer to making this  enjoyable for ALL leagues is to limit it to within their own tiers   no spread at ALL,  let the big guys fight amongst themselves and the little guys fight amongst themselves


apparently the pic isn't being shown here, so here is the link

http://prntscr.com/dsxq15



UTC +5:00
1
NIKITA METEOR
Administrator
30 January, 2017, 11:19 AM UTC
Sir_bit_yakin said:

this should show how unfair this is

my league is ranked  299th  that league is ranked 127th    

299 - 127 = 162  ranks higher than us

from the picture you can see they have 105 flags,  103 of them are tier 2 flags

the answer to making this  enjoyable for ALL leagues is to limit it to within their own tiers   no spread at ALL,  let the big guys fight amongst themselves and the little guys fight amongst themselves


apparently the pic isn't being shown here, so here is the link

http://prntscr.com/dsxq15



Thanks for your feedback. I will pass it to our developers. If we make any changes in the Tournament's balance we will inform you.
Community manager
UTC +2:00
1
Sir_bit_yakin
2 March, 2017, 12:54 AM UTC

here we go again,, great tourney, love the interleague competition, TOTALLY unbalanced tier set up


just had a league ranked 55th his us (we're ranked 291)


we can't compete with those leagues so you've basicly said, we aren't allowed to play....


when you allow leagues  with such higher ranks attack such lower ranked leagues they can't compete, you're basicly saying,  thanks for entertaining our powerful leagues, but  forget about any chance at having success...


for the duration of this event, you need to devide the tiers in to 5 tiers of 100 each, (not counting leagues ranked over 500th)  and disallow ANY ATTACKS outside the tiers


rank 1 - 100  tier  5   rank 101 - 200  tier  4  rank 201 - 300 tier 3 rank 301 - 400 tier 2  their 401 and lower tier 1

you have it set now at 1 - 50 = tier 5   51 - 100 = tier 4    101  - 200 = tier 3    201 - 300 = tier 2   301 + = tier 

with a 2 tier spread  means a ranked 51 (tier 4) can attack a rank 299 (tier 2)


299 - 51 = 248  difference in rank,    basicly letting the low side NFL teams  rape  HIGHSCHOOL  teams

UTC +5:00
2
Sir_bit_yakin
2 March, 2017, 12:58 AM UTC

tell ya what, how bout this,  you say you'll pass this along, but we hear NOTHING and NOTHING has changed.   so if nothing is going to change, how bout you AT LEAST justify letting such powerful leagues  waffle stomp the little leagues?


give us the THOGHT PROCESS on WHY you decided to let us get raped like this??


as I said, myself and many of my league mates truly ENJOY the tournament, but if you're just going to leave the deck to totally and completely stacked against us, we'll be forced to withdraw.


it's just to costly for us to try and be involved...


if your GOAL is to drive us out of the tourney, then CONGRATULATIONS,  GOAL ACHIVED

UTC +5:00
2
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 10:32 AM UTC

Hi! Players engage in massive fights and battles all over the map. So it makes players mobilize their Leagues and act together as a team - teamwork, better experience, new emotions, new fresh look at the game. 

For bigger Leagues:

- Their position is in danger. They need to act quickly and jointly if they want to hold their positions.

For smaller Leagues:

- They finally have a chance to overcome stronger enemies and show their potential.

I'm sure that you'll manage to prove your position! 

UTC +2:00
1
Sir_bit_yakin
2 March, 2017, 11:46 AM UTC

Eugenia Misura said:


Hi! Players engage in massive fights and battles all over the map. So it makes players mobilize their Leagues and act together as a team - teamwork, better experience, new emotions, new fresh look at the game. 

For bigger Leagues:

- Their position is in danger. They need to act quickly and jointly if they want to hold their positions.

For smaller Leagues:

- They finally have a chance to overcome stronger enemies and show their potential.

I'm sure that you'll manage to prove your position! 

that's just silly,  they only have ONE fortress,  they STACK MILLIONS of def in it, and us league ranked  HUNDREDS lower are just SCREWED


ohh I SEEE the goal is to get us low level league to DESTROY our armies so we SPEND MONEY


PATHETIC, most UNBALANCED BLATENT ATTEMPT TO FORCE US TO SPEND MONEY TOURNY EVER!!


well guess what, I DO spend money on this game, not thousands like some do, but it cost me MORE to play this than to buy a 60 dollar XBOX game, and my reward is to  be BADGERED with heavy handed tactics to try to FORCE me to spend MORE.


STILL waiting for the JUSTIFICATION to allow MONSTER leagues to RAPE  small league in this tourney???


been hit at least 4 times now by a league over 200 ranks higher than us,   they won't even fight in their own tier AT ALL, just go to low level league the KNOW they can rape


tier 4 league with 15 flags,  14 of which are from tier 2 , yeahhh that's SOOOO FAIR


you already have the system in place,  its already restricted to  a 2 tier spread,  1st time I played it was a ONE tier spread, so i'ts a SIMPLE change to restrict it within the tier, but you WON'T because either you want to REWARD higher leagues at our expense of you're trying to FORCE us to PAY to be competative in this tourny

PS. I was told by ONE league if we hit them again they'd attack EVERY MEMBER of our league and drive us out of the game,  since they have 150ish members ALL HIGH LVL players to our 50 medium lvl players I am 100% sure they could do it NO PROBLEM TOO

UTC +5:00
2
Alina Bright
Community Manager
3 March, 2017, 12:03 PM UTC

I understand your points, however, our game is a war strategy. We grant all users the opportunity to develop their own strategies like either diplomatic resolution or aggressive offense. In-game conflicts are the part of the game. I hope you'l manage to create your own strategy on the way to success.

UTC +2:00
1
1778515 users registered; 48134 topics; 286319 posts; our newest member:Nawab