All Categories

The Sword of Mara - Guide

Search
Jul 16, 2018, 16:2807/16/18
01/06/15

Sword of Mara

The Goddess Mara has created 25 holy Swords to aid in her struggles against Balur. But to ensure that these Swords are worthy to be her divine weapons, she has cast them down to the mortal realms of Darkshine so that the Lords of Stormfall may forge them into weapons of epic power.

Those with the strength to claim a Sword of Mara from dangerous Battlegrounds can then wield them in battle against other Lords, greatly strengthening their Offensive Units. When two Sword-wielders clash, the Sword of the victor will absorb the power of the Sword belonging to the vanquished. In this way, the power of the Swords will be concentrated, and at the end of this glorious Tournament, they will be returned to Mara’s realm in the heavens.

Until then, however, competition among Lords for these Swords will surely be fierce, for the strength they grant could reshape the balance of power in the land. In her mercy, Mara will revive 90% of those slain in pursuit of her Swords when the Tournament ends, so don’t hold back - claim the power of a Sword of Mara, and make your Sword the strongest in the realm!

During the Sword of Mara Tournament you can attack or defend Battlegrounds Level 100 or higher to have a chance of winning a new special Item - a Sword of Mara. You can receive this Item by winning on a Battleground or by beating the owner of a Sword and stealing it. There are 25 Swords total that can be claimed from Battlegrounds during a single Tournament.

The owner of a Sword of Mara receives the following Bonuses:

•  90% of all Units lost in PvP attacks as well as 90% of Units lost while defending their Castle end up in a special “Sword of Mara” Infirmary tab
  • These Units can be revived for free after the end of the Tournament.

When the Sword of Mara Tournament ends, players who lost Units in Tournament-related battles can revive 90% of those Units for free. This includes Units lost:

• While you are using a Sword of Mara
  • Attacking Sword of Mara owners
  • Defending your Castles, Hamlets, Beacons or League Fortresses from Sword of Mara owners
  • Reinforcing the Castle of a Sword of Mara owner

In other words, all PvP battles involving a Sword of Mara owner will give the participants the opportunity to revive 90% of lost Units for free after the end of this event. This bonus does not apply to Units lost while attacking a Sword of Mara owner outside their Castle (for example, after attacking a Beacon reinforced with a Sword of Mara owner’s Units).

The Units from the “Sword of Mara” Infirmary tab can be also revived instantly for Sapphires during the Tournament with a 90% discount.

Sword of Mara owners display

In the Tournament window or on the Global Map all Players can view:

• How many Swords of Mara remain to be claimed from Battlegrounds
  • Players who have Swords of Mara
  • The Level of each Sword of Mara

Sword of Mara Offensive Bonus

The bonus provided by a Sword of Mara depends on its Level. Level 1 Swords must be improved to Level 2 to have an  effect.

Level 2 Sword multiplies offensive and spying characteristics of their offensive Units by 2.
Level 3 Sword multiplies offensive and spying characteristics of Units by 3.
Level 4 Sword multiplies offensive and spying characteristics of Units by 4.
Level 5 Sword multiplies offensive and spying characteristics of Units by 5.

Example: Player’s Units Offense equals 5,000K. If he receives a Sword of Mara and upgrades it to its maximum Level 5, their army strength equals 25,000K.

A Sword of Mara is always Level 1 when received at a Battleground. A Sword owner can upgrade it by successfully attacking other Sword owners at their Castles. The maximum Sword of Mara Level is 5.

To upgrade a Sword, a Sword owner has to successfully attack another Sword owner in their Castle. Beating a Sword owner if you have a Sword will destroy their Sword and add the Level of their Sword to yours.

Example 1:

• Player_1 with Level 1 Sword attacks Player_2 with Level 1 Sword in their Castle and wins.
  • Player_1’s Sword of Mara upgrades to Level 2 (offensive power of their Units multiplied by 2).
  • Player_2 loses their Sword of Mara.

Example 2:

• Player_1 with Level 2 Sword attacks Player_2 with Level 3 Sword in their Castle and wins.
  • Player_1’s Sword of Mara upgrades to Level 5 (offensive power of their Units multiplied by 5).
  • Player_2 loses their Sword of Mara.

If a Player with a Level 5 Sword successfully attacks another Sword owner, the Sword of the defending Player will disappear (Level 5 Sword cannot be upgraded any higher).

If Player does not have a Sword and beats a Player who does, there is a good chance to steal it, but there is a small chance it will be destroyed instead.

Spying characteristics of Spying Units also are multiplied by Sword of Mara Level.

Sword owner attack limits

Each Player is limited in the number of times a Sword of Mara can provide them a bonus, based on a maximum number of these actions:

1. 10 Beacon attacks
  2. 30 Spying Missions of any PvP object
  3. 30 attacks on any PvP object

When a Sword owner has used up all their Sword uses of a certain type, the Offensive Bonus does not apply to a Sword owner’s army for any more of those missions. When all uses have been expended, the Sword can no longer provide any benefit. But special revival conditions will still apply to a Sword owner’s Units until the end of Tournament.

If a Player steals a Sword of Mara from another Player, that specific Sword does not “remember” how many times it was used for the purpose of the usage limits above. The limits are tracked per-Player, not per-Sword.

End of the Sword of Mara Tournament

After the end of the Tournament, all Swords will disappear, and their Offensive Bonus will stop affecting Units. All Players who participated in the Tournament (including Sword owners and Players who attacked or reinforced them) are able to revive 90% of Units lost in Sword battles for free.

Important

Players who have Weor’s Protection or Spy Protection of any duration active cannot win a Sword of Mara at a Battleground. Sword owners cannot apply these Items while they have a Sword of Mara.

The Offensive Bonus is applied at the time of the actual battle. If a Player loses their Sword while their Units are in transit, the Offensive power of their Units in the battle they arrive at will not be affected by the Sword Bonus.

During the Sword of Mara Tournament, Beacons do not lose Upgrade Levels after being captured by another League.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 16, 2018, 22:4107/16/18
06/15/17
Amazing!
Jul 17, 2018, 02:1507/17/18
05/28/17
Ugh I hate tournaments like this. Skews the ranking system so badly. Someone who’s been stacking their offends is about to get like 10 million offence points lol
Jul 17, 2018, 19:3407/17/18
10/15/15
Trent Kestin said:

Ugh I hate tournaments like this. Skews the ranking system so badly. Someone who’s been stacking their offends is about to get like 10 million offence points lol
There will be a small number of swords handed out and they each have a chance of disappearing if stolen by another player. Also can only be used so many times in attacks. Hopefully it brings more fun and who knows, all those who saved all their offense could just fight each other to get the sword and end up with no offense 
Jul 18, 2018, 18:0007/18/18
12/31/15
What a waste of time just another example of splitting stormfall in two. The haves and the have nots. What about the leagues who’s players are under level 100. It’s a joke.  Just look at the players who hold the swords not one under level 100. Now all the swords are gone what is the point of the tournament for all your other players 
Jul 18, 2018, 22:1907/18/18
06/15/17
I though this could be a way to see a bigger (VIP and coinners) players fight each other, and that is ok, but they start to use that power to smash smallest leagues. 
Jul 18, 2018, 22:5007/18/18
05/28/17
As predicted this just broke the rankings lol. It’s a battle of the big boys essentially. Once you get rank 5 you just wreck people. I’ve seen people jump over people in rankings in 1 day that took people years to get. There’s literally people out there getting 70 million offense points. That’s more than almost everyone in the game with exception to the top 5 which took years of playing to even get...
Jul 19, 2018, 05:5307/19/18
01/11/16

judy.allinson12 said:

What a waste of time just another example of splitting stormfall in two. The haves and the have nots. What about the leagues who’s players are under level 100. It’s a joke.  Just look at the players who hold the swords not one under level 100. Now all the swords are gone what is the point of the tournament for all your other players 

You can attack those who have swords or send reinforcements to get revival benefits.

Jul 19, 2018, 05:5507/19/18
01/11/16

Chascon said:

I though this could be a way to see a bigger (VIP and coinners) players fight each other, and that is ok, but they start to use that power to smash smallest leagues. 

Maybe they were their longtime enemies.
Jul 19, 2018, 06:0007/19/18
Jul 19, 2018, 06:00(edited)
01/11/16

Trent Kestin said:

As predicted this just broke the rankings lol. It’s a battle of the big boys essentially. Once you get rank 5 you just wreck people. I’ve seen people jump over people in rankings in 1 day that took people years to get. There’s literally people out there getting 70 million offense points. That’s more than almost everyone in the game with exception to the top 5 which took years of playing to even get...

Yes, true but maybe developers have something in mind for future game updates and hence this tournament.

Hope you leveled up your castle too
Jul 19, 2018, 09:1607/19/18
11/21/15
only levels above 120 are winning, it's getting boring, and frustrating 
Jul 19, 2018, 09:3507/19/18
01/11/16
maxou 2.2 said:

At least now I have the chance to attack those high levels like never before 
Jul 19, 2018, 10:0507/19/18
11/21/15
Gandalf:
maxou 2.2 said:they have so much power that it could destroy any fortress, I do not see where there is fun, in addition the xp points are ridiculous even with 90% free it's not worth taking as much risk for those who have an average fortress

At least now I have the chance to attack those high levels like never before 

Jul 19, 2018, 10:5007/19/18
01/11/16

I agree and we are passing all the feedback to developers for them to consider for future events.

Jul 19, 2018, 10:5107/19/18
06/15/14

ich kann diesem Event auch Nichts abgewinnen. Hier gewinnen doch nur die hohen Level über 100. Das ist eine blanke Einheitenvernichtungsmaschine und die vielen Punkte bekommen die Großen. Ihr vergrault mit solchen Aktionen alle die, die mit Mühe und Fleiß ihr Schloß ausgebaut und entwickelt haben. und Ihr habr nur noch die, die mit viel Geld emporgestiegen sind. 

Das Schlimme ist ja, daß durch das Schwert die Möglichkeit besteht ohne große Verluste eine Festung zu senken, den der Angreifer bekommt ja zu 90 % seine Einheiten zurück und die vielen Punkte dazu. Das hat Nichts aber auch garnichts mit Fairplay zu tun. 

Jul 19, 2018, 12:4807/19/18
07/08/16
Thank you for creating a tournament where a handful of biggest players could cut through the biggest fortresses like butter and ruin years of hard work by hundreds and hundreds of others.  Great idea.  I’ve watched the day’s events unfold and you just repeated the beacon massacre disaster.  Brilliant. 
Jul 19, 2018, 13:3607/19/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

First of all, thanks for coming to Forum and sharing your feedback with us here. It's much appreciated!    

I've forwarded it all to devs. The main points were to make it impossible to downgrade League Fortresses during this Tournament and don't count points for Rankings.

What other suggestions do you have for changes that can be done to make Sword of Mara more interesting for all players?

Jul 19, 2018, 13:4507/19/18
Jul 19, 2018, 13:58(edited)
07/08/16

They are using their swords to slice through gigantic fortresses than sending other players to kill everything off without the 90% revive.  It is completely absurd and I wasn’t even in a league that got destroyed.  I feel very bad for those that did.  You created a tournament that will essentially destroy active big leagues.  I don’t see how that promotes fun game play.  Whether rankings are effected is trivial by comparison.  

I know you are looking for suggestions though, so here is one -Take fortresses out of the equation.  Make it so swords don’t work on fortresses. There are other options for the sword owners and pvp but they aren’t ones that will completely destroy big active leagues who have worked hard to accomplish what they have with their fortresses and the smaller leagues who are working hard to build up their fortresses aren’t such easy prey. 
Jul 19, 2018, 14:4007/19/18
Jul 19, 2018, 14:48(edited)
06/15/17
Gandalf:

Chascon said:

Maybe they were their longtime enemies.
More exactly, they wanted to smash a long time ago lol
Jul 20, 2018, 06:2507/20/18
01/11/16

Farbula said:

ich kann diesem Event auch Nichts abgewinnen. Hier gewinnen doch nur die hohen Level über 100. Das ist eine blanke Einheitenvernichtungsmaschine und die vielen Punkte bekommen die Großen. Ihr vergrault mit solchen Aktionen alle die, die mit Mühe und Fleiß ihr Schloß ausgebaut und entwickelt haben. und Ihr habr nur noch die, die mit viel Geld emporgestiegen sind. 

Das Schlimme ist ja, daß durch das Schwert die Möglichkeit besteht ohne große Verluste eine Festung zu senken, den der Angreifer bekommt ja zu 90 % seine Einheiten zurück und die vielen Punkte dazu. Das hat Nichts aber auch garnichts mit Fairplay zu tun. 

I can not win anything from this event. Here win only the high levels over 100th This is a bare unit destruction machine and the many points get the big ones. With such actions you shed all those who with difficulty and hard work have developed and developed their castle. and you have only those who have risen with much money.

The bad thing is that the sword gives you the possibility to lower a fortress without big losses, because the attacker gets 90% back his units and the many points. It has nothing to do with nothing but fair play.

Spieler, die sich vor Schwertbesitzern schützen, erhalten auch Wiederbelebungsvorteile.

Sie können diese Top-Spieler wie nie zuvor angreifen und immer noch Spaß haben.

Wir geben alle Rückmeldungen an die Entwickler für zukünftige Veranstaltungen weiter.

Players who protect themselves from sword owners also receive resurrection benefits.

You can attack these top players like never before and still have fun.

We pass on all feedback to the developers for future events.

Jul 20, 2018, 06:2907/20/18
01/11/16
KashAz said:

They are using their swords to slice through gigantic fortresses than sending other players to kill everything off without the 90% revive.  It is completely absurd and I wasn’t even in a league that got destroyed.  I feel very bad for those that did.  You created a tournament that will essentially destroy active big leagues.  I don’t see how that promotes fun game play.  Whether rankings are effected is trivial by comparison.  

I know you are looking for suggestions though, so here is one -Take fortresses out of the equation.  Make it so swords don’t work on fortresses. There are other options for the sword owners and pvp but they aren’t ones that will completely destroy big active leagues who have worked hard to accomplish what they have with their fortresses and the smaller leagues who are working hard to build up their fortresses aren’t such easy prey. 
Thanks for suggestions