Beacons

6 Replies
Travesty ULS
User
19 December, 2017, 3:51 PM UTC

I have been playing this game for at least 721 days. (Paragon run)

We need to discuss beacons and the direction of the game. At one point, it was a game based on beacons. DE was valuable and beacons were hard targets to take down. Now beacons are one of the easiest places to get pvp and most folks don't see the value in holding them / leveling them above default.

Fact:
Defenders do NOT get a commensurate amount of EXP / tournament points compared to losses. Even if you defend a beacon solo, it seems you get less when you add up the total losses vs exp.

The rewards for holding beacons are no longer worth the losses. This is evidenced by the map being almost entirely level 1 beacons. The number 1 and 2 leagues have 3 leveled (above1) but that wont last.

This may be by design I suppose but it really seem to be some type of oversight or mistake in game design. Everyone can and does attack beacons, they shouldn't be the 2nd easiest pvp in the game. So I think that the folks who defend beacons should have some advantage or at least make it worth the effort.

Suggestions that may help:

1.) All defenders get a minimum amount of experience / tournament points per hit.

2.) All defenders get exp / tournament points based on their losses.

These first two would make them a better place for pvp, you would see more leveled up.

3.) Level 5 beacons give some benefit to the league as a whole like forts. Perhaps every level 5 fort gave the entire leave 25% bonus everywhere, not just in the beacon.

4.) No food consumption for the defense in beacons.

5.) Less beacons perhaps, remove 50,60% or more from the map.

The bottom line is either beacons need to be a better place for defenders to get PVP or the value of the beacons needs to be increased. One or the other or both. If not perhaps let us in on your plans for the game so we can adjust and formulate our new strategies.

UTC +8:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
20 December, 2017, 7:50 AM UTC

Hello, my Lord! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

We have gathered all players' suggestions for the Beacons and it will be passed to the team. Also, we have plans to improve this feature in the future to make it more interesting for old and new players.

Since devs are working on a huge feature now which we'll be added at the beginning of the next year, unfortunately, we can't work on improvements for Beacons right now. 

UTC +2:00
Sheranius
User
20 December, 2017, 2:05 PM UTC
Please let us know soon as posible that the new things for the beacons will be.
UTC +1:00
Travesty ULS
User
21 December, 2017, 3:17 PM UTC

When I mentioned some of my ideas to the VIP rep, they stated that it would throw the game out of balance.

If the game was in balance, 99% of beacons would NOT be level 1.

If the game was in balance there wouldn't be so many leagues with no interest in beacons, targeting them for easy PVP.

The only way to fix this is to strengthen beacons, not so they are ridiculous like fort, but so all of the defenders get experience at minimum. Even that won't be quite enough, they need to be tough to take down, not just easy to take down.

Alina Bright
Community Manager
26 December, 2017, 2:58 PM UTC
Sheranius said:

Please let us know soon as posible that the new things for the beacons will be.
Once I get the news, I'll share it on forum, my Lord. 
Alina Bright
Community Manager
26 December, 2017, 4:10 PM UTC
Travesty ULS said:

When I mentioned some of my ideas to the VIP rep, they stated that it would throw the game out of balance.

If the game was in balance, 99% of beacons would NOT be level 1.

If the game was in balance there wouldn't be so many leagues with no interest in beacons, targeting them for easy PVP.

The only way to fix this is to strengthen beacons, not so they are ridiculous like fort, but so all of the defenders get experience at minimum. Even that won't be quite enough, they need to be tough to take down, not just easy to take down.

Hello, my Lord! As I said before, we have gathered the feedback and suggestions to the team. If you have any ideas how to improve this feature, please share them with us. Thank you! 
Travesty ULS
User
28 December, 2017, 4:16 PM UTC

I think the way to go is in incremental small changes to see how balance and behavior changes with each one.

Start with giving all defenders exp  to make their losses worthwhile. A minimum xp / something that gives the defense a comparative amount of xp to what they would get if they lost a similar amount of power attacking the beacon.

Then start increasing the defensive bonus from a level 5 beacons until people start leveling them to 5.

The biggest issue is that so many different folks that have no desire to hold beacons hit them from easy pvp. It shouldn't be so easy if your league or alliance is very weak to just take your ball and go home / screw with folks.

It should be a SERIOUS disadvantage to not hold beacons. Not just in the beacons, but with everything that happens in the game. Having a level 5 beacon be a huge boon to a league. Not a hinderance.

1825722 users registered; 53658 topics; 298818 posts; our newest member:arturkuznetsov01