All Categories

Dead leagues need to be dissolved.

Search
Apr 25, 2017, 00:2304/25/17
02/12/16

Rather than post this under the Suggestions section, I've decided to post it here as it's a pressing issue that is negatively impacting both the gameplay for the players and Plarium's potential revenue. 

When a new player starts a castle they are prompted to follow along the basic introductory Quests, giving them a feel for the most important mechanics of the game. Eventually they come to one of the final quests, "Join a League." This quest is arguably the most important step for all Stormfall lords and ladies. Joining a league enables the player to learn from experienced league members, participate in league events, and gives the player a sense of purpose. 

As it stands, the game currently displays a list of small leagues that would, on paper, be perfect for a new player to join. Sadly, nearly all of these leagues are dead. "Dead" meaning the marshall is completely inactive. Most of these leagues also have innumerable inactive players among the lower ranks. 

So now we have new players joining these dead leagues that seem to be recommended to them by the game, since they appear at the top of the "Join a League" tab. At this point the player either quits on the spot, or grinds it out for a few more days/weeks until he grows disinterested due to a lack of activity. This cycle of new players joining dead leagues then quitting has been an issue for years that needs to be addressed. The game is hurting from a steady decline of new players actually sticking with the game, and Plarium is hurting by missing out on the potential revenue with each and every player that quits.

I propose that dead leagues be disbanded. If the marshall has been inactive for over 3 months, disband the league so that any active players may move on to functional leagues and so that no new players get caught in the dead league. This issue has been discussed at length by many members of the most active leagues in the game, and there is a general consensus behind this proposal. 

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 25, 2017, 01:1404/25/17
04/25/17
Agreed!  Right now, when people try to join leagues, it looks like the game is dead.
Apr 25, 2017, 02:1004/25/17
04/25/17

(ScorpionKing76) I agree, plus it will loosen up the strain from the servers.

Apr 25, 2017, 05:1404/25/17
1 minute
Agreed!
Apr 25, 2017, 08:4704/25/17
03/15/15

I strongly agree but what would you class as a dead league? There's small leagues out there that I've seen with less than 20 members, they are happy to play the game without being absorbed into a big league or Allaince.

Apr 25, 2017, 09:2704/25/17
03/01/16

Greetings, Lords. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

I can see your point and, as you know, if Marshall is MIA for 3+ weeks, we change him to a new Leader.

The most tricky thing in the situation you've decribed, what are the exact criteria for inactive League? And which of them should be significant reason for dissolving it? 

Apr 25, 2017, 12:4104/25/17
Apr 25, 2017, 12:45(edited)
04/25/17

If a Marshal and captains of a league haven't logged in for six weeks, nobody has the permissions to do tasks essential to management, such as expanding the league, upgrading the fortress, and promoting members.

Members in such leagues would be better off if they found a league with active leaders or spent the 1000 sapphires to make a new league that they could Marshal themselves.

Apr 25, 2017, 12:4604/25/17
Apr 25, 2017, 12:50(edited)
04/25/17

I spent several hours each night writing letters attempting to recruit new members. If my league could get in on some of the new player action, I would have more time to play the game and spend sapphires.

And, as I said on Facebook, new players do not know that they are able to take over for an inactive Marshall, and they lack the experience to make a league grow.

Apr 25, 2017, 14:2404/25/17
04/25/17

If disbanding inactive leagues isn't an option, you could steer new players to active leagues that want them by making "recommended league" and "join a random league" participation an opt-in thing where each week, the Marshal needs to click a checkbox that says "Include league on recommended league list."

Apr 25, 2017, 15:0104/25/17
Apr 25, 2017, 15:20(edited)
01/07/16

They obvious problem here will be the fact that in most cases, money is spent to create a league. 

It's not hard to assume ownership of any dead league now, though; and if a new player joins a dead league and stays there, that's kinda on them. 

In other words, I don't think P-larium should be responsible for cleaning up all of our dead leagues accumulated over the past few years; it would be like asking them to do something with the inactive castles.

I'd prefer that P-larium keep focusing on new game additions, bug fixes, and game improvements, and not the intelligence level of new players joining a dead league, then decided to stay there. 

Apr 25, 2017, 16:4704/25/17
01/14/15

No offense Mrs. D, but....

But I'd think that fixing bugs is way more important of an issue right now rather than the Dead Leagues issue.  
Apr 25, 2017, 19:0704/25/17
04/25/17

pandaslovemarzipan said:

They obvious problem here will be the fact that in most cases, money is spent to create a league. 

It's not hard to assume ownership of any dead league now, though; and if a new player joins a dead league and stays there, that's kinda on them. 

In other words, I don't think P-larium should be responsible for cleaning up all of our dead leagues accumulated over the past few years; it would be like asking them to do something with the inactive castles.

I'd prefer that P-larium keep focusing on new game additions, bug fixes, and game improvements, and not the intelligence level of new players joining a dead league, then decided to stay there. 

Perhaps cleaning out the dead leagues might be problematic because of the money spent on league creation.

But, if someone is new to this game, they have no way to know that all leagues aren't full of inactive players. It is a matter of education, not intelligence.

My second suggestion, having the "recommended leagues" list be opt-in on a weekly basis, would make it easier for new players to find a league where they will have a positive experience, and hopefully keep playing for a long time.
Apr 26, 2017, 03:5204/26/17
02/12/16
patrickspandl said:

No offense Mrs. D, but....

But I'd think that fixing bugs is way more important of an issue right now rather than the Dead Leagues issue.  
Are you suggesting Plarium can't handle more than one issue at once? Come on...
Apr 26, 2017, 08:1204/26/17
03/01/16
Brunnhilde.stormfall said:

If disbanding inactive leagues isn't an option, you could steer new players to active leagues that want them by making "recommended league" and "join a random league" participation an opt-in thing where each week, the Marshal needs to click a checkbox that says "Include league on recommended league list."

Thank you for sharing your feedback and this idea.
Apr 26, 2017, 08:1804/26/17
03/01/16
Lords and Ladies, thank you for sharing your observations with me, I'll pass them all to our devs for further discussion. Please note that it takes time to analyze all the data regarding this matter. 
Apr 29, 2017, 02:5004/29/17
02/24/17
Id say if know one in the league has been active at all for over 90 days dissolve it but only if it's actually dead ya know.. Alota ppl join leagues by the name they like to call themselves so free up the options to name leagues by kills Ng off old ones for it can be used again