All Categories

Q: Legendary Units

Search
Nov 11, 2016, 04:0011/11/16
11/11/16

I'm trying to clarify what bonuses are obtained by the use of these units. So far I can see the follows:

1. Each Legendary has a base statistic (Defense and Offense)

2. Each Legendary gains a set amount of power based off the unit it is paired with (eg: 1 Griffin adds 410 Def to an Archangel, regardless of Griffin level or other bonuses)

3. The Legendary Unit description seems to indicate a boost to each individual unit paired with the Legendary (Eg: 1 Griffin would receive +50% Defensive power when paired with a Archangel)

4. Pairing units with Legendary Units does NOT display any change in the supporting units defense in the UI

So, the question I am wrestling with is: Is there a server-side calculation that occurs at the time of combat to increase the efficacy of units paired with a Legendary, or is the Legendary Unit description misleading?

Any clarification on this mechanic would be appreciated. Thank you.
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 11, 2016, 04:1611/11/16
11/11/16

Also the following:

The bonus to the Legendary unit (eg: 410 Def per Griffin for an Archangel) is only represented as the Defense Power, which is factored by averaging the 4 Def Archetypes. So... how is the defense bonus being distributed against the various archetypes ?

*Note: The unit stats shows that the min/max for the Legendary is different for Inf, Cav, Occ, and Bst, so simply adding the Power doesn't sufficiently display the units statistical bonuses.
Nov 11, 2016, 09:5211/11/16

Saage said:

I'm trying to clarify what bonuses are obtained by the use of these units. So far I can see the follows:

1. Each Legendary has a base statistic (Defense and Offense)

2. Each Legendary gains a set amount of power based off the unit it is paired with (eg: 1 Griffin adds 410 Def to an Archangel, regardless of Griffin level or other bonuses)

3. The Legendary Unit description seems to indicate a boost to each individual unit paired with the Legendary (Eg: 1 Griffin would receive +50% Defensive power when paired with a Archangel)

4. Pairing units with Legendary Units does NOT display any change in the supporting units defense in the UI

So, the question I am wrestling with is: Is there a server-side calculation that occurs at the time of combat to increase the efficacy of units paired with a Legendary, or is the Legendary Unit description misleading?

Any clarification on this mechanic would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi! Let's clarify this together :)

1. Right

2. Right, but Griffin level or other bonuses don't influence on the bonus, that Archangel gets.

3. Griffin won't receive extra power, but Archangel will. 

4. You won't see any changes in the supporting units defense.

Supporting units, like Griffins are adding bonus to the Archangel, when you send them as a group. All these bonuses are calculated correctly when the battle occurs. 

Nov 11, 2016, 09:5511/11/16
Saage said:

Also the following:

The bonus to the Legendary unit (eg: 410 Def per Griffin for an Archangel) is only represented as the Defense Power, which is factored by averaging the 4 Def Archetypes. So... how is the defense bonus being distributed against the various archetypes ?

*Note: The unit stats shows that the min/max for the Legendary is different for Inf, Cav, Occ, and Bst, so simply adding the Power doesn't sufficiently display the units statistical bonuses.
Every Legendary unit has it's own defense against the various archetypes, and if we speak about the defense Legendaries, they have their own defense stats againt the various archetypes too. They are based on the bonus they get from supporting units, like Griffins.
Dec 10, 2016, 03:3112/10/16
11/11/16

Nikita,

Thank you for you response clearing up/confirming the mechanics of the Legendary units.  I was hoping to expand on this a little further:

Griffin (base):

Inf = 400

Cav = 500

Occ = 725

Beast = 725

Total = 2350 (588 Power [rounded to the nearest whole number])

Archangel Info states +50%  bonus per supporting unit:

50% of 588 = 294

588 + 50% = 882

(breaks out the same if you add it per archetype)

As far as I can tell, the information on the legendary units' description is outdated or misleading.

Actual bonus to Archangel per Griffin = ~69.72% which gives the following figures (rounded):

Inf = 279

Cav = 349

Occ = 505

Beast = 505

Power Avg = 410

Now,  I get the following bonuses when pairing with Archangel:

Griffin = +69.72% of Griffin's values

Dark Griffin = +69.69 % 

Eld Griffin = +68.5 %

I could go on but you see the over-all point.; the value seems to be some static bonus value based off the unit type and not an actual percentage of that unit's power.  

If you test this similarly on Hydras, Niatha, and Elephants, you will find that the bonus values per unit are significantly different, from those of their counterparts (ie: Archangels get a much higher bonus per unit than Hydras do, yet Hydras can only be maxed by Eldrich Golems)

SO , this brings me to the following questions:

a) How are the bonuses per unit being decided

b) Why do the bonuses conflict with the Legendary Units' description

c) Why does the bonus calculation between Tiers (ie: Niatha vs. Eephant vs. Hydra vs. Archangel) shift so much (note: I understand why the min/max bonuses are different, that bit is kind of obvious :P)

- Thanks Ahead

Dec 12, 2016, 14:3412/12/16

Greetings.

Archangel doesn't get 50% bonus from each Griffin, it gets exact number of points for each Griffin. For example, each Griffin adds 410 Defensive points to Archangel, so 20 Griffins add 8,200 Defensive points. Archangel's Defense is 2217.5 and Griffin's Defense is 587.5. It means that we will have 22,168 Defense points (Archangel + 20x Griffins + Bonus from Griffins).

I have passed this information to our developers so they could fix it in the near future.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.