All Categories

Prerequisites for Upgrading Keep

Search
Feb 17, 2015, 11:5902/17/15
11/05/14

Hi. Does anyone have a breakdown of what future buildings will need to be unlocked and the corresponding keep level they are required for?

I wish there was a comprehensive wiki for Rise of Balur.

For example:  

Lvl 10 Keep - Spring of Life

Lvl 11 Keep - Dungeon

Lvl 15 or 16 Keep - Council of Mages

Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 18, 2015, 05:5102/18/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Thanks for the reply gut.  So there are no others for lvl 12 and so on?

Feb 19, 2015, 10:5502/19/15
01/06/15

exzentrix said:

Thanks for the reply gut.  So there are no others for lvl 12 and so on?

My Lord, everything is learned from experience!

Apr 25, 2015, 05:2904/25/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14

Amelia Stormfall said:

My Lord, everything is learned from experience!

This is true and I wanted to update to let other players learn from my experience in order for them to plan ahead.  Such as the trick to direct scrolls exactly where you need them in order to level up the keep at a faster rate.  

For those that haven't figured it out yet, in order to prevent scrolls from coming in at random in different skills you can block them by not activating a certain skill above it. 

For example:  I didn't activate Divine Blades when I received 2/2 scrolls and prevented future daily scrolls from being spread out to Horsemanship.  This forced all future daily scrolls to go towards Trade and Waters of Life.  I might have overdone it, but I continued to keep my paladins locked all the way until I got the Light of Eldur for the dungeons.

The reason this trick is so important is to prevent you from being stuck at a certain keep level for extended periods of time. Without constantly upgrading your keep you will not be able to increase your resource capacity and have really low cart capacity and only a single cart for trading resources, I absolutely hated that.  I got to level 9 keep in only 3 days from when I started playing and was forced to stay there for 2 more weeks waiting for the spring, all the while struggling to keep my troops fed because of a crippling food deficit.

This trick might not apply to everyone, but personally for me having 4 craftsmen I didn't want any downtime...and by the time I got my dungeons I had already upgraded every possible building I had and still had about a day or two of nothing for my craftsmen to do.  That would have been a lot longer had the daily scrolls been spread out to other skills.

One last note:  I'm sorry but I forgot exactly which keep level required the Council of Mages. I had to wait a week or so in order to keep advancing my keep while scrolls came in for the Council, but my craftsmen were kept busy during that time upgrading my farms, town, and mines.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.