Our players help with beta testing.

Our players help with beta testing.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 20, 2018, 08:3504/20/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Possibly the most astounding lie I've heard yet from the company.

It has nothing to do with a lie, actually :)

Players helped to test Stormfall: Rise of Balur game when it was launching, plus Sparta players are helping to test the new engine for the game at the moment.

Apr 23, 2018, 09:4904/23/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Possibly the most astounding lie I've heard yet from the company.

It has nothing to do with a lie, actually :)

Players helped to test Stormfall: Rise of Balur game when it was launching, plus Sparta players are helping to test the new engine for the game at the moment.

None of that was or is "beta testing". 

"Forcing" your player base is not a beta test. (Sparta)

The first Group of players wasn't forced. They applied for moving to the new engine by themselves and tested the first version of engine.

When the main issues with it were fixed, we started to move other groups of players to it as well.

Aug 29, 2018, 13:5308/29/18
07/26/15

Plarium are doing their best to get the new engine up and running smoothly before all of the web browsers stop supporting the flashplayer engine

As Alina said, the 1st lot of players agreed to move to the new engine, they were not forced and once Plarium had all the major bugs fixed they began to move other groups of players over as well.

This new engine has to happen for Plarium games to continue to grow there is no choice in this, I'm a solid everyday of the week Stormfall player who really does enjoy the game and if I was asked yes I would try the beta testing because I want to be playing Stormfall well after the year 2020 and I am more than happy they are removing any new bugs found and reported that happen in Sparta before they move Stormfall over to the new engine with the rest of us players, hopefully when that happens the games will be virtually bug and lag free 

Aug 31, 2018, 14:0808/31/18
Aug 31, 2018, 14:11(edited)
07/26/15

Roadstar Pitbull and Limad, the question here is: Was the browsers decision to stop supporting Flashplayer a good choice? Plarium and many other Facebook games use Flashplayer, now with its discontinuation in 2020 with no browser supporting the Flashplayer engine anymore every online gaming company that has been using Flashplayer for many years successfully now find themselves having to find a new engine that the browsers support, adapt their game to run on the new engine then have to work out the bugs, there will always be teething problems when changing a whole game structure to a new engine

I do believe it was a good choice because it was either do it, or no more Stormfall or any Plarium game that we enjoy for us to play after 2020, so I am gratefull that Plarium is working hard to get their games to work on this new engine that is supported by the browsers
Sep 2, 2018, 14:0209/02/18
Sep 2, 2018, 14:03(edited)
07/26/15

Roadstar Pitbull, interesting question, there have been so many changes to the game with many new aspects added in that Plarium still need to make sure when they do move us all across to the new platform that all of our troop count is correct to what we all have in catacombs, beacons and forts 

Then there is all of our champions with their levels, orbs and enlightens as no one is going to have exactly the same amounts, 

Soon there will be Stoneheart troop count as well 

bg levels and where all of our bg banks are at 

our troop offense and defense points because we are not all the same there either with troop ranks involved too

Who has what beacons, fort levels, so much more than many of the smaller flash based games out there, 

This 1 Stormfall that we like to play and enjoy with our friends in our leagues has millions of different types of troops in numbers and where they are positioned in the game to move over 

It has to be done right and they have to make sure its protected from hacks just like we have now, this is no small task  because of the servers involved amount of players and their troop counts involved

Sep 4, 2018, 13:1909/04/18
07/26/15

RoadstarPitbull, yes they used Sparta for the testing and fixing so they know what to fix in their other games before they move them across too, they work on Sparta bugs when they are reported, the bug team have to be able to reproduce the bug ingame to be able to find its cause and fix it, that's why every detail is needed when reporting bugs should be included in the reports like the HAR file and screenshots.

with the Sparta forum, we all know full well any abusive posts do get removed, if anyone is upset over something, be careful how you word it, try to get your message across without comming across as abusive so your still sticking to the rules of the forum and the posts/comments don't get deleted,  I have been an active on the facebook forum for Stormfall for a long time, yes I have posted complaints on the occasion about bugs there but they never got deleted because I am careful how I word them so I still get the message across without getting a warning or a ban

Also it is possible the new features being added now before the game gets moved to the new engine are so they can have these new features working properly and any new bugs that could arise from them fixed so when we are all moved over with the complete game they only have to concentrate on moving the game over with us included with our millions of troops at different hitpoints and levels as well as our castles and buildings 

I have my fingers crossed that the transition will be smooth and lag free, we all hate lag including me, it hinders me when I want to takedown a beacon or siege a castle, the majority of bugs that appear are not major upsets to the game which is good and not having to add these new features after the move means they are able to have more time to address any bugs that appear for us after the move so long as we players report them properly as soon as we experience them ingame

I have a well developed castle on server 1 in a powerful league with many good friends in there too, I'm nervous about the big move when it happens too, but I know it must happen for the game to continue so I am glad the new features will be well and truly up n running smoothly in the game well before the big move