This topic is closed

Why plarium should focus its development efforts on Stormfall

7 Replies
User
27 December, 2017, 9:45 AM UTC

Hello,

Please list the reasons why Plarium should focus its development efforts on one only game, rather than trying to develop 11 different games at the same time.

Personally, the reasons that come to mind first are:

- it's more rewarding for players who spend money to see the game they like to be improved

- it's more attractive for new players to see one (or two) well-built game rather than several different neglected games

- it's more interesting for gamers to see a well-crafted game rather than a few simple games, which are not a real challenge

Thank you for posting your opinion on the question. Please, color your suggestions in white, so we can easily spot them.

I need your help to spread my revolutionary works in social sciences: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78322083&f=276
UTC +1:00
User
27 December, 2017, 12:09 PM UTC

Not everyone like the same theme, that is why there is different "skinned" versions of the games. Doing this Plarioum cover a lot more ground, but not as effective imho. 
UTC +2:00
User
29 December, 2017, 2:12 AM UTC

This is part of the master plan.

Plarium business model is:

- make basic cheap game

- minimize investment by adding little to no new content outside of new ways of spending money and running minimal support (at times even hiding the support button)

- have a massive advertising budget that dwarfs most of your competitors

- split the games into multiple brands to crowd out competitors

So a competitor who makes an RTS doesn't just have to compete against 1 Plarium product but actual 7 or 8 at once. Saturate the market. When you have the most to spend on advertising you can easily do this.

It's not an original strategy. Lots of major companies have run this for a long time (studied this as a well established business practice in my economics degree over 20 years ago). For example most washing powder is made by the same couple of companies but they simultaneously run multiple brands. This floods the market and makes it very difficult for any new entrant to enter the market.

I suspect Facebook will be working quite hard to hide the fact that they are Facebook, Instagram, Whats App. They have an absolute strangle hold on social media. From memory Facebook is 2bn users, Instagram/Whats App 1bn users. 

The next biggest social media not owned by Facebook is Twitter at about 300m users (but struggling as user numbers have flat lined) and Linked in around 100m (but really weak as it has no stickiness, not something people use every day). They simple bought all the strongest competition and I bet they keep all the seperate brands operating.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
29 December, 2017, 9:32 AM UTC

Hi !

Plarium is a company like any other else, you must think this company is selling products - in this case the products are the games - like other company when you have a good product and the demand is big you will try to make and to sell other products too - so, the facts are simple is pure economy and be sure we can speak about this but it's just their own strategy how their are ruling their company.

Best regards and a happy new year!

Bogdan
Open your mind! The fact you aren't thinking at some things doesn't means they don't exist...
User
29 December, 2017, 9:36 AM UTC
isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi !

Plarium is a company like any other else, you must think this company is selling products - in this case the products are the games - like other company when you have a good product and the demand is big you will try to make and to sell other products too - so, the facts are simple is pure economy and be sure we can speak about this but it's just their own strategy how their are ruling their company.

Bogdan
No, not any other else. Just take CDProjekt RED as an example. These companies so far apart, it not even funny. Which one do you think give a better experience to their gamers? Heck, Plarium put even EA in a good light, and thats damn hard to do.
User
29 December, 2017, 7:58 PM UTC

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi !

Bogdan

Hello Isacescu Bogdan,

I am well aware that Plarium is a company. But it seems to me that this company does not need to create 11 different games to make money. In comparison, Riot Games has created a single big game, League of Legends, and it's making a lot of money.

Personally, I play only one game: Stormfall. It seems to me that most players play only one game. I do not see any reason for Plarium to develop so many different games. On the contrary, I think getting all players to two or three different games would be a great idea because there would be more interactions between players. This would make the games more interesting.

I need your help to spread my revolutionary works in social sciences: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78322083&f=276
UTC +1:00
User
31 December, 2017, 11:42 AM UTC

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi !

Bogdan

No - Plarium has not acted like any other company.

They happily killed the long term to maximise short term profit. Most companies can't do that. Plarium could because they were always building a company to sell it. So they could sell out before everything went to crap due to the short term profit focus they took.

That allowed senior managements strategy to diverge significantly from one of customer satisfaction to one of customer manipulation and exploitation. It's been a really sad experience for everyone. Virtually no one has left this game happy or satisfied as a result.

Games with no content added in 3 years, only more coining options. Games with really bad support (that at times has been hidden to people couldn't even raise tickets). Games that were stretched to extreme pay to win, knowing that would ultimately kill all activity and ruin/kill the games. 

The new owners are going to see a world of pain. The existing games they think drive a profit stream are about to crumble into dust. And the Plarium brand they have paid for has negative equity given most people quitting say they would never touch another Plarium game with a barge pole.

It's all been a cynical exercise in wealth creation for a handful of people at the expense of EVERYONE else.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Community Manager
4 January, 2018, 1:15 PM UTC

Hello!

The reply to this question was already given here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/tavern/90447_dear-alina/?post=434703

If you have any other questions on this topic, ask it in that thread.

To avoid duplicate topics, this one is closed.

Community Manager
1906327 users registered; 60884 topics; 321238 posts; our newest member:L0ST S0UL