new moderator

41 Reply
IronApex Turok
5 September, 2017, 7:46 PM UTC
Jezebel said:

We should get to nominate moderators for the forums - we are the ones who know the players and know who can actually give good advice

DJ would have been one of the most skilled mods if he was accepted I cannot understand why he wasn't.

i agree....  voting on mods would be the best approach
UTC +0:00
DoomieUK
8 September, 2017, 7:56 AM UTC

djmoody said:

In the UK here is the concept of "Policing by consent". It indicates that the legitimacy of policing in the eyes of the public is based upon a general consensus of support that follows from transparency about their powers, their integrity in exercising those powers and their accountability for doing so (that is a google definition not my own).

What the police recognise is that they can't simply wield power and have it respected. The respect has to be earned by working with the communities they are policing. In effect the people have to give their consent for others to have power over them and if that doesn't exist the police's job becomes impossible.

The same goes in the forum. People don't just respect authority becomes it is given to someone (quite often seemingly at random).

We have had some good mods, some very good mods. But mostly we haven't and mostly the appointees are no-name members, that haven't contributed significantly the community, don't know the game, don't know the culture of the community, the frustrations it faces, the people or the personalities.

What Plarium should have a long hard think about is why a long standing community member is going to accept a random person being given authority over them. Why would any community accept anyone that doesn't come from the heart of that community and have a degree of existing respect within that community.

Might be before your time but they once appointed a mod who had ZERO posts - I sh1t you not. We have had others who are complete noobs and within their first few weeks in the game. Absolutely crazy nonsensical decisions.

So the whole program was in disrepute long before you got here. Due to 3 yrs of problems the Mod program simply doesn't have people's consent and they rebel against it constantly as a result (the CM's don't have anyone's respect either, hostility towards them isn't even thinly veiled anymore).

Against that backdrop making a hugely controversial appointment was never going to work. You would have only stood a chance if you had entered into a existing healthy environment. You were never going to be the right choice to fix a broken environment. 

So try not to take it personally. Some of the hostility wasn't aimed at you it was pent up frustration build for a long time.

Having said that, bit of advice though. If you don't want problems, spend a bit less time flaming and trolling everyone else, because you are the author of most of the issues you face. For instance if you stop posting crap about me I am not going to feel compelled to respond to it and we can all live happily ever after :)

Hello DJ Moody,

Firstly, I believe you have all the credentials to become a good moderator here, I say this with over 3 years game experience and reading your forum posts.

But interestingly the above post, "Policing with consent". I learn something new everyday here reading these forums. I never knew we have so much in common. I could have wrote something similar with my life experience of working with communities, some "hard to reach communities", the victims charter for Policing our communities and living in the UK, with the best Police force in the world. BTW its not the MET Policing that are great...LOL

Happy Gaming

DoomieUK
Oracle
14 September, 2017, 5:10 PM UTC

Looks like Oberon have some grudge on DJ Moody.

I wonder if the new mod will be worthy or even skilled enough to operate in these forums. 
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. . . . . . Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
IronApex Turok
15 September, 2017, 12:59 AM UTC

Oracle said:

Looks like Oberon have some grudge on DJ Moody.

I wonder if the new mod will be worthy or even skilled enough to operate in these forums. 

probably not. 

i stil say the game and forum is dead enough that theres no need for moderators with community managers here. 
Oracle
19 September, 2017, 3:56 PM UTC
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. . . . . . Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
djmoody
19 September, 2017, 9:08 PM UTC

At least they went for a highly respected member who has a strong track record of contribution to the community. Would have hated it to be someone who hadn't even posted in the forum before.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Oracle
19 September, 2017, 11:04 PM UTC

He has my support too. The forum is in need of new blood anyways. Besides, these was meant to happen

isacescu_bogdan
20 September, 2017, 10:51 AM UTC

Hi!

Thanks for your big and nice words...just doing my job and enjoy the game in any position I had before :-)

I hope to help the players better from here and also help Plarium to make the game better for everyone to play with pleasure, joy and relax...

Best regards!

Bogdan

Open your mind! The fact you aren't thinking at some things doesn't means they don't exist...
IronApex Turok
21 September, 2017, 2:17 AM UTC

Bogdan,

didnt i have you in my league at one time?
isacescu_bogdan
21 September, 2017, 7:17 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

Bogdan,

Hi, I don't think so...I don't change leagues very often... :-) 
Open your mind! The fact you aren't thinking at some things doesn't means they don't exist...
IronApex Turok
21 September, 2017, 7:37 AM UTC
isacescu_bogdan said:

IronApex Turok said:

Bogdan,

what league are you playing under?
isacescu_bogdan
21 September, 2017, 7:57 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

isacescu_bogdan said:

IronApex Turok said:

Bogdan,

what league are you playing under?
On S1 First I was in Invited II - HoT league - then I joined Hammer of Thor (proudly founders of HOT Alliance) and stayed there for over 3 years as captain, marshal, mod Alliance and now I'm in Black Scorpion.
On S2 I'm in Brotherhood Romania since the beggining (officer as well). As I said not many leagues :-)

Skycooldude
22 September, 2017, 4:09 AM UTC
for S1... I can't find any of those leagues lol
isacescu_bogdan
22 September, 2017, 7:12 AM UTC

Skycooldude said:

You have to look better :-)  

Skycooldude
22 September, 2017, 10:41 AM UTC
isacescu_bogdan said:

Skycooldude said:

You have to look better :-)  

..... you don't even play the browser version..... you play the Facebook version....
Oracle
22 September, 2017, 12:21 PM UTC

Skycooldude said:

..... you don't even play the browser version..... you play the Facebook version....

So ?

moderation is converged. Plarium.com Ru and FB mods work together. 

No rules says otherwise.

djmoody
22 September, 2017, 7:13 PM UTC
Good luck Mods - the next few days are going to be a massive challenge - recent events are going to make it hotter than a real hot barbecue, hotter than a small sun - maybe hotter than a big sun....... maybe THE BIG BANG!!!!
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
isacescu_bogdan
22 September, 2017, 7:33 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Good luck Mods - the next few days are going to be a massive challenge - recent events are going to make it hotter than a real hot barbecue, hotter than a small sun - maybe hotter than a big sun....... maybe THE BIG BANG!!!!

Are you referring to the planetary alignment theory, the autumn equinox and the end of the world? 

Best regards!

Bogdan

Juglar del Viento
22 September, 2017, 7:40 PM UTC

isacescu_bogdan said:

Are you referring to the planetary alignment theory, the autumn equinox and the end of the world? 

Best regards!

Bogdan

LoL +1000

Regards
Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
IronApex Turok
23 September, 2017, 9:07 AM UTC

isacescu_bogdan said:

djmoody said:

Best regards!

Bogdan

unless... the ancients prophesied that the hacker Nabiru would hack a major league and disenfranchise a majority of players thus bringing about the destruction of the game.....

then yes, thats what he was referring to
1698663 users registered; 39715 topics; 264397 posts; our newest member:bezofaxi