new moderator

41 Reply
IronApex Turok
25 August, 2017, 8:38 PM UTC
who is it this time?
UTC +0:00
Oracle
26 August, 2017, 7:58 AM UTC

Applications are still open. Remember Izhechis has left us, and he was he one in charge of the wiki. So someone versed in websites developments is still required. And Nemaja has resigned too. And ''you got me fired'' . So three moderators are needed, or two at least. 

Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
IronApex Turok
26 August, 2017, 10:40 PM UTC
the forum is dead these days, theres propably no need for moderators. theres already a handful of CMs who zealously perform the role. 
djmoody
31 August, 2017, 8:17 AM UTC

I threw my hat in the ring. Got rejected.

As much as a favour tbh to try and help turn around the decline of the forum and the ultimate low that the credibility of moderation reached due to the last debacle.

I thought it would be a bit of a no brainer. Uniquely qualified to help turn things around.

- One of the longest standing members and highest poster (understand the culture of the community, knows most of the people and how to deal with the)

- Guaranteed activity (3yr history or daily visits to the forum)

- One of the most game mechanic knowledgeable members (well positioned to answer questions)

- A member who is generally respected by friend and foe alike (respect being key, because the players haven't respected elements of the moderation for a long time and therefore pay little heed to the moderation or CM's these day)

- Highly connected with players, regularly talk in Teamspeak with the leaders of the game (uniquely position to provide quality player feedback)

- Have run my own websites and have significant experience in moderating forums

So I am interested to see who got chosen and understand how they are better positioned to improve the community and repair relations between the members and the mods/Plarium.

Flames from my haters and support from others welcome :)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
brunsonthomas
31 August, 2017, 2:52 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

the forum is dead these days, theres propably no need for moderators. theres already a handful of CMs who zealously perform the role. 
I am sorry to say you are wrong. Look at the league thread about server 2 and the battles being fought both verbally and with armies. Your negativity and failure to donate any useful information is daunting. It is amazing how little you ever say that could help anyone.
UTC +5:00
brunsonthomas
31 August, 2017, 2:56 PM UTC

djmoody said:

I threw my hat in the ring. Got rejected.

As much as a favour tbh to try and help turn around the decline of the forum and the ultimate low that the credibility of moderation reached due to the last debacle.

I thought it would be a bit of a no brainer. Uniquely qualified to help turn things around.

- One of the longest standing members and highest poster (understand the culture of the community, knows most of the people and how to deal with the)

- Guaranteed activity (3yr history or daily visits to the forum)

- One of the most game mechanic knowledgeable members (well positioned to answer questions)

- A member who is generally respected by friend and foe alike (respect being key, because the players haven't respected elements of the moderation for a long time and therefore pay little heed to the moderation or CM's these day)

- Highly connected with players, regularly talk in Teamspeak with the leaders of the game (uniquely position to provide quality player feedback)

So I am interested to see who got chosen and understand how they are better positioned to improve the community and repair relations between the members and the mods/Plarium.

Flames from my haters and support from others welcome :)

As a soon to be ex Moderator I can state that the selection process was not simple. The ability to communicate and stay neutral is an absolute necessity. The requirement to be knowledgeable of the game and how to deal with frustration make the job taxing. The personalities of many players makes giving valid information and assistance very difficult. I do not want to count the times people refused to follow advice and wondered why things did not work. I do not envy those who Moderate or Community Managers. 

Oracle
31 August, 2017, 3:23 PM UTC

djmoody said:

I can honestly say that these was the main reason why I nominated you to become a moderator before I became a moderator. It was apparent that Ichezis was becoming more and more inactive and the wiki was not being edited( All features of these year are yet to be documented in the wiki. 

Although, looking at it now I think I was insane for nominating you. You take things too personal and can be too hurtful at times, not to mention harsh. But I will still nominate you because I believe that you could do a good job in the wiki( I will pen a letter to Oberon nominating you(AGAIN).

Oracle
31 August, 2017, 3:32 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

I am sorry to say you are wrong. Look at the league thread about server 2 and the battles being fought both verbally and with armies. Your negativity and failure to donate any useful information is daunting. It is amazing how little you ever say that could help anyone.

You are a very good moderator, you did a good job and are always there when needed. 

I know that Turok was gunning for you( he stated that in global chat that he was going to get you fired). He doesn't know what he has done. You have saved many players from permanent bans that I have. You're a pro, and good person. 

I liked the fact that you always help people( especially in bug section), You answer questions all the time, always putting a honest answer. I personally know how as a mod saying 1+1=1.0 can get you in trouble, so most mods only stay in subject they know they won't get wrong answers in, totally avoiding answering any questions, other than commenting in about the answer already given. But you didn't do that, you always give your best, and that is good enough  with me. 

I think you should stay as a mod, you're very good at this.  
Oracle
31 August, 2017, 3:46 PM UTC

To those who wish to become a mod, good luck. 

Its not a very friendly duty being out here, having people like DJ, DV and Jez calling you names. Having ''big leagues'' write memorandums demanding that you get fired. I only found out that you get paid for being hated when I everyone hated me. 

It's easy to stay a mod and get paid forever, you could just apply, get the job and never show up. The less you do as a mod the better are your chances of staying as a mod.  You can comment once a week and still get paid, that is what you should expect. If you really need to help people by answering every single question ,submit bugs report everyday( that include typing), do research on other MMORPG games and start similar topic her, then don't apply. Cause people will hate you for it, they will call you names, they'll send you PM, and an intire league will gun for you, A big league like KT and KoK will literally send millions of raids to your castle. People will call you racist names, and people you don't know at all will write post about you. All because you wanted to help people and keep the forum going. 

Latest attack Example( I don't know the guy, still trying to find out who he is)

djmoody
31 August, 2017, 8:32 PM UTC

In the UK here is the concept of "Policing by consent". It indicates that the legitimacy of policing in the eyes of the public is based upon a general consensus of support that follows from transparency about their powers, their integrity in exercising those powers and their accountability for doing so (that is a google definition not my own).

What the police recognise is that they can't simply wield power and have it respected. The respect has to be earned by working with the communities they are policing. In effect the people have to give their consent for others to have power over them and if that doesn't exist the police's job becomes impossible.

The same goes in the forum. People don't just respect authority becomes it is given to someone (quite often seemingly at random).

We have had some good mods, some very good mods. But mostly we haven't and mostly the appointees are no-name members, that haven't contributed significantly the community, don't know the game, don't know the culture of the community, the frustrations it faces, the people or the personalities.

What Plarium should have a long hard think about is why a long standing community member is going to accept a random person being given authority over them. Why would any community accept anyone that doesn't come from the heart of that community and have a degree of existing respect within that community.

Might be before your time but they once appointed a mod who had ZERO posts - I sh1t you not. We have had others who are complete noobs and within their first few weeks in the game. Absolutely crazy nonsensical decisions.

So the whole program was in disrepute long before you got here. Due to 3 yrs of problems the Mod program simply doesn't have people's consent and they rebel against it constantly as a result (the CM's don't have anyone's respect either, hostility towards them isn't even thinly veiled anymore).

Against that backdrop making a hugely controversial appointment was never going to work. You would have only stood a chance if you had entered into a existing healthy environment. You were never going to be the right choice to fix a broken environment. 

So try not to take it personally. Some of the hostility wasn't aimed at you it was pent up frustration build for a long time.

Having said that, bit of advice though. If you don't want problems, spend a bit less time flaming and trolling everyone else, because you are the author of most of the issues you face. For instance if you stop posting crap about me I am not going to feel compelled to respond to it and we can all live happily ever after :)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Stewart
1 September, 2017, 5:44 AM UTC
Thats a shame, DJ is one of very few people here that people might listen to after  horrendous previous power drunk yes men.
Noodle maker extreme
IronApex Turok
1 September, 2017, 6:43 AM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

IronApex Turok said:

Your negativity and failure to donate any useful information is daunting. It is amazing how little you ever say that could help anyone.
that trend is likely to change soon. 
brunsonthomas
1 September, 2017, 4:02 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

brunsonthomas said:

IronApex Turok said:

Your negativity and failure to donate any useful information is daunting. It is amazing how little you ever say that could help anyone.
that trend is likely to change soon. 
I would heartily welcome your information input. You were active in the game long before I was. You were a leader while I was still a newbie. You have insights into the game that could help many newer players to advance quickly. Many new players get discouraged because they do not understand the objectives of the game or the pitfalls. Advising people what pitfalls to avoid and why could improve the retention of new players.
Oracle
1 September, 2017, 4:20 PM UTC

djmoody said:

So the whole program was in disrepute long before you got here. Due to 3 yrs of problems the Mod program simply doesn't have people's consent and they rebel against it constantly as a result (the CM's don't have anyone's respect either, hostility towards them isn't even thinly veiled anymore).

Against that backdrop making a hugely controversial appointment was never going to work. You would have only stood a chance if you had entered into a existing healthy environment. You were never going to be the right choice to fix a broken environment. 

So try not to take it personally. Some of the hostility wasn't aimed at you it was pent up frustration build for a long time.

Having said that, bit of advice though. If you don't want problems, spend a bit less time flaming and trolling everyone else, because you are the author of most of the issues you face. For instance if you stop posting crap about me I am not going to feel compelled to respond to it and we can all live happily ever after :)

There is no way that Alyona will appoint a person with zero skills and zero knowledge to become a mod. That never happened, and if you had the chance to talk to "Red'' the moderator that had zero post, she would have told you how that was wrong. Yes her profile had zero less than tem post, because it was ''new' e.g another account which she used in another game. You can't be a mod in more than two places, although BIO is, mods start other forum accounts and post with these. Do some proper investigation before you spread rumors or take to accusations. 

You only started 'your hatred'' toward me after DV went on a strol in the forum saying that I was a noob, and I shouldn't be a mod. The " I am clueless"  and ''had no knowledge'' and all hose stuff are just what he build on to spread his propaganda.  By the way do you know what was his propaganda, why he wanted me not to be a mod. 

Why don't you try to prove that I am a noob, Every signle answer I give is always based on the blog and Oberon announcements. When advice was needed in other aspect of the game( like how to play ''as you put it ''broken harmlet'' I based on how I play the game. I invite you to produce the evidence that I am a noob, and have zero knowledge. 

And you might want to cut on the threats. They won't work on me, and stop calling me a troll. 

IF I was you I would work on these before even considering applying to become a mod

• Start contributing and answering question honestly and not throwing your ego and less helpful remarks( like you do with BG)
  • Stop acting like you know everything, no one even the CM and developers knows everything about these game
  • Stop labeling people and calling them names 
  • Investigate things thoroughly before taking them as the truth
  • Contribute more into these forums, answer question 
  • Stop taking things personally, IT'S A FANTASY GAME
Because I hold no hatred towards you I have nominated you. What does that say about you, after wrting assays of terrible things about a person, he nominate you to replace him. 

djmoody
1 September, 2017, 8:48 PM UTC

Oracle said:

You only started 'your hatred'' toward me after DV went on a strol in the forum saying that I was a noob, and I shouldn't be a mod. The " I am clueless"  and ''had no knowledge'' and all hose stuff are just what he build on to spread his propaganda.  By the way do you know what was his propaganda, why he wanted me not to be a mod. 

I don't even remember any post by DV.

The problems between us are caused by times when we start discussing a topic and you move to personal insults/accusations. More often than not they have no basis in fact and are completely untrue. I can give you many example threads when you have done this if you want.

Often what you say about me is the blatantly opposite of the truth. For instance, from the above you can find me contributing and providing answers in hundreds of threads. You would probably find it difficult to find many people have contributed more. There has to be a point where you stop writing bullshit about me. If you can find that point you'll have one less enemy in the forums.

And implying I am over sensitive and should stop taking things personally after all the personal BS you made up about me is just stupid. And then you wonder why people see you as troll?

If you want to understand me a bit better and shed your misconception that I am a know it all with an ego, this is my type in Myers Briggs.

https://www.16personalities.com/entp-personality

I love debating stuff. That is why I have always been an advid forum poster (not just in this game). I definitely do challenge people, play devils advocate and I love the debate for the fun of the debate and learning from exploring the ideas and am very open to changing my mind about things from that. Unfortunately not everyone else does and what I see as fun for some other isn't. You wouldn't be the first person to see an arrogance in me which if you get to know just isn't there.

Marcel Stokvis
1 September, 2017, 9:21 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Oracle said:

I don't even remember any post by DV.

The problems between us are caused by times when we start discussing a topic and you move to personal insults/accusations. More often than not they have no basis in fact and are completely untrue. I can give you many example threads when you have done this if you want.

Often what you say about me is the blatantly opposite of the truth. For instance, from the above you can find me contributing and providing answers in hundreds of threads. You would probably find it difficult to find many people have contributed more. There has to be a point where you stop writing bullshit about me. If you can find that point you'll have one less enemy in the forums.

And implying I am over sensitive and should stop taking things personally after all the personal BS you made up about me is just stupid. And then you wonder why people see you as troll?

If you want to understand me a bit better and shed your misconception that I am a know it all with an ego, this is my type in Myers Briggs.

https://www.16personalities.com/entp-personality

I love debating stuff. That is why I have always been an advid forum poster (not just in this game). I definitely do challenge people, play devils advocate and I love the debate for the fun of the debate and learning from exploring the ideas and am very open to changing my mind about things from that. Unfortunately not everyone else does and what I see as fun for some other isn't. You wouldn't be the first person to see an arrogance in me which if you get to know just isn't there.

lol so you didnt made moderator and you didnt manage to get Oracle demoted ....
no reason to belittle me for your failures

Dutch Viking // Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Limad
1 September, 2017, 9:37 PM UTC
Leaving aside all the who-said-what-to-whom for a moment; turning down an offer from a very knowledgeable player willing to give up their free time to help out on here? That's just moronic. Whichever guy is running the Oberon account these days needs a good talking to. 
Hola!
UTC -12:00
IronApex Turok
2 September, 2017, 1:37 AM UTC
Oracle said:

djmoody said:

There is no way that Alyona will appoint a person with zero skills and zero knowledge to become a mod. That never happened, and if you had the chance to talk to "Red'' the moderator that had zero post, she would have told you how that was wrong. Yes her profile had zero less than tem post, because it was ''new' e.g another account which she used in another game. You can't be a mod in more than two places, although BIO is, mods start other forum accounts and post with these. Do some proper investigation before you spread rumors or take to accusations. 

are you saying the mods are using alt accounts on here?
Oracle
2 September, 2017, 9:57 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

are you saying the mods are using alt accounts on here?

Yes, If you play two games, and are active in other gaming forums you will have to start a ''forum account'' these is beacuse modetor privilages will still apply at other forums that you're not a mod at. So lets say Brunson playes pirates, and stormfall, he becomes a mod at stormfall, but his avatar at pirate will still display mod, which is bad. He have to alert the CM and support and start onether account at pirate to use only at forums. He will not be allowed to play there using that account and no one will know its him. 

but lets say you were a mod at Kabaam, and also plays at Plarium.com. When the transfer accur it will mean you've two accounts( Unless if you use the same email), now lets say you want to be a mod at Plarium.com. You alert the CM of the situation and ask to make a new account as mod. These allow you to be a mod on two platform, using two identities. 

So its not an alt, as you only have 1 account, and Plarium.com will have to know. And before you become a mod an IP scan is probably done to make sure that you don't have alts. If you don't disclose alts you are punished, and all payments might be taken away

Jezebel
4 September, 2017, 6:47 AM UTC

We should get to nominate moderators for the forums - we are the ones who know the players and know who can actually give good advice

DJ would have been one of the most skilled mods if he was accepted I cannot understand why he wasn't.

1756159 users registered; 45746 topics; 279397 posts; our newest member:virys94