Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jul 30, 2017, 14:4107/30/17
avery said:

Alina Phoenix said:

avery said:

Oracle said:

Sorry but no one, other than master did anything. Plarium have no power over master. 

Just when you think Oracle can't make things any worse...he goes and admits that Plarium has no power over master - and instead, "master" (someone that continually breaks the ToS)  has power to do anything they want.

What a terrible game, terrible moderation (specifically by oracle), and a pathetic way to run a game.

"Epic fail" hardly begins to describe this horrendous situation that is Plarium and their moderators.

Hello.

I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding this question.

We do have a power over Master. His accounts that are reported to our Support team are getting banned.

Also, we run an automatic check on the servers and ban the players with the alternative accounts.

Apology accepted, thanks for sharing your insights.  

Oracle has on multiple occasions has directly contradicted himself as a moderator and/or given out information as if it were fact, that is completely wrong (which some people might consider a situation like that to be a lie).   Why is he still a moderator?  As someone that is put into a position of power, shouldn't he be held to a higher standard to not spread lies and give out false information?    

There are many times when he directly contradicts himself (just like above in this thread - here's a link to another recent thread where the same style of false info is spread by Oracle:  https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/tavern/53070_testing-/).  Why is that an acceptable practice that the community managers / oberon allow to happen time and time again in the forums?   There are also a number of people who have voiced their concern and complaints against him.  How long will he be allowed to continue as a moderator?  At what point does a moderator get ranked back down to a normal forum member?

Thanks for taking the time to answer the above questions. I think it's fair to assume after reading so many posts in the other threads that many others have these same questions or concerns - it would be great to receive answers so we can all learn.

Hi Alina, can you please respond to the above post - I'm curious as to what your answers are.
Jul 31, 2017, 09:4007/31/17
10/31/14

avery said:

Hi Alina, can you please respond to the above post - I'm curious as to what your answers are.

The actual video is at least 3 years old. The method however is not entirely obsolete. The basic mechanism are still the same however. And that Video was the first to suggest the existence of a ''bank''. 

It's unfortunate that many people still believe the video method to be true. It might work to an extent, but I can't guarantee it. 

And the topic in question, was a ''testing'' topic. Such topics are created to test something with the features of the forum. Like multiple quoting, replying( or starting a topic EG https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/47145_test-10/  ) I created that one to test video posting. Sorry if it gave you a wrong impression. 

Jul 31, 2017, 10:0007/31/17
02/29/16

avery said:

avery said:

Alina Phoenix said:

avery said:

Oracle said:

Sorry but no one, other than master did anything. Plarium have no power over master. 

Just when you think Oracle can't make things any worse...he goes and admits that Plarium has no power over master - and instead, "master" (someone that continually breaks the ToS)  has power to do anything they want.

What a terrible game, terrible moderation (specifically by oracle), and a pathetic way to run a game.

"Epic fail" hardly begins to describe this horrendous situation that is Plarium and their moderators.

Hello.

We do have a power over Master. His accounts that are reported to our Support team are getting banned.

Also, we run an automatic check on the servers and ban the players with the alternative accounts.

Apology accepted, thanks for sharing your insights.  

Oracle has on multiple occasions has directly contradicted himself as a moderator and/or given out information as if it were fact, that is completely wrong (which some people might consider a situation like that to be a lie).   Why is he still a moderator?  As someone that is put into a position of power, shouldn't he be held to a higher standard to not spread lies and give out false information?    

There are many times when he directly contradicts himself (just like above in this thread - here's a link to another recent thread where the same style of false info is spread by Oracle:  https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/tavern/53070_testing-/).  Why is that an acceptable practice that the community managers / oberon allow to happen time and time again in the forums?   There are also a number of people who have voiced their concern and complaints against him.  How long will he be allowed to continue as a moderator?  At what point does a moderator get ranked back down to a normal forum member?

Thanks for taking the time to answer the above questions. I think it's fair to assume after reading so many posts in the other threads that many others have these same questions or concerns - it would be great to receive answers so we can all learn.

Hello, Avery.

Regarding this topic, Oracle has explained above that it was just a testing one, where he wanted to check a feature of inserting videos in his replies.

I agree that it would be better to test such moments in some closed threads to avoid any confusion, and this situation was already discussed with Oracle.

Also, the reports that are sent by other players to Oberon regarding moderators' replies, are thoroughly checked and, if it's required, forwarded to CM who is working with moderators and monitor their activity.

Also, I would like to remind you and other players, that if you notice any mistakes or contradictions in the moderators' replies, please report them to Lord Oberon in PM. Forum is the place for game discussion, but not for discussion of moderators. 

Jul 31, 2017, 11:3707/31/17
04/17/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Avery.

Regarding this topic, Oracle has explained above that it was just a testing one, where he wanted to check a feature of inserting videos in his replies.

I agree that it would be better to test such moments in some closed threads to avoid any confusion, and this situation was already discussed with Oracle.

Also, the reports that are sent by other players to Oberon regarding moderators' replies, are thoroughly checked and, if it's required, forwarded to CM who is working with moderators and monitor their activity.

Also, I would like to remind you and other players, that if you notice any mistakes or contradictions in the moderators' replies, please report them to Lord Oberon in PM. Forum is the place for game discussion, but not for discussion of moderators. 

Your moderator explained his mistake AFTER a player talk about it, so if that would not happend, according to forum rules, then the mistake would not be explained or crrected. So how those two things work toghether? 

Why to not discuss about moderators posts, since they involve in discution, and not just moderate the topic ? 
Aug 1, 2017, 10:1308/01/17
02/29/16

OCTAVIAN said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Avery.

Your moderator explained his mistake AFTER a player talk about it, so if that would not happend, according to forum rules, then the mistake would not be explained or crrected. So how those two things work toghether? 

Why to not discuss about moderators posts, since they involve in discution, and not just moderate the topic ? 

Hello.

The topic was named as "testing". So, Oracle thought that from this name, other players would understand that it was a testing topic.

As I said, this situation was already discussed with Oracle.

> Why to not discuss about moderators posts, since they involve in discution, and not just moderate the topic ? 

Players can discuss the posts of moderators. But trolling or discussion of moderator's decisions, such as banning, closing Forum threads, deleting Forum posts / threads, etc.  are not allowed.

Aug 1, 2017, 13:2408/01/17

Alina Phoenix said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Avery.

Hello.

The topic was named as "testing". So, Oracle thought that from this name, other players would understand that it was a testing topic.

> Why to not discuss about moderators posts, since they involve in discution, and not just moderate the topic ? 

Players can discuss the posts of moderators. But trolling or discussion of moderator's decisions, such as banning, closing Forum threads, deleting Forum posts / threads, etc.  are not allowed.

Hi Alina,

Thank you for the response.  The issuing as I understand it, is that a Moderator is someone that I think we all can agree should be held to a "higher standard".  Oracle created a thread, and spread mis-information, regardless of the tittle, and showed a video and stated as if it were fact.  Only after he was called out on it, did it change.  Had Lord Stewart not spoken up, it could be assumed that many new players would of thought the lie was a fact (since it was posted by a moderator) and really hurt them down the road as what was posted was not true.

Another skilled player was smart enough to look at the video, and tell everyone on the forum, that Oracle, a moderator, is once again spreading a lie and that video is very old and not a fact, unlike what Oracle had stated in his post.

Had Oracle posted a "testing" thread, stated hey look at this video, I wonder if this is how things still work?  Instead of stating that this is how things work, which is actually a lie, is a much different topic.

So many of the forum members are tired of his consistent lies.

My question above was:

Thanks for sharing your insight on parts the lower portion of the post, can you please specifically answer the section in the red box?
Aug 1, 2017, 14:1008/01/17
10/31/14

avery said:

Thank you for the response.  The issuing as I understand it, is that a Moderator is someone that I think we all can agree should be held to a "higher standard".  Oracle created a thread, and spread mis-information, regardless of the tittle, and showed a video and stated as if it were fact.  Only after he was called out on it, did it change.  Had Lord Stewart not spoken up, it could be assumed that many new players would of thought the lie was a fact (since it was posted by a moderator) and really hurt them down the road as what was posted was not true.

Another skilled player was smart enough to look at the video, and tell everyone on the forum, that Oracle, a moderator, is once again spreading a lie and that video is very old and not a fact, unlike what Oracle had stated in his post.

Lord Stewart has been around the forum for  many moons. So when I saw his comment. I didn't think he was commenting on the nature of those videos, but on the test. (That videos could be posted for almost 2 years now), I didn't take it as a post about the content of those videos.

And As I have explained, That thread was a test thread. and we had many such thread in these forum. I did that thread to help in starting a tutorial thread on posting videos. 

And I am not sure why you're saying that the content of that video are ''mis-information''. The player who made that video is a ''king of BG sort of'. Plus the CM can't in anyway confirm or deny weather that mechanism of doing BG is correct or not. But as I have told you, the basic( eg banking) explained in that video are still correct. But most parts are not. 

Aug 2, 2017, 09:0108/02/17
02/29/16

avery said:

Alina Phoenix said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Avery.

Hello.

Hi Alina,

Had Oracle posted a "testing" thread, stated hey look at this video, I wonder if this is how things still work?  Instead of stating that this is how things work, which is actually a lie, is a much different topic.

So many of the forum members are tired of his consistent lies.

My question above was:

Thanks for sharing your insight on parts the lower portion of the post, can you please specifically answer the section in the red box?

Hello.

We monitor the work of moderators. Yes, there can be cases when some confusion or misinformation takes place. All these situations are checked and discussed with the moderators in private. 

Also, ROADSTAR PINBULL is right. The topic is for Issue with the alternative accounts, and we went off the track. So, all the further off-topic comments will be removed.

If you have any questions regarding moderator's replies, please send them in PM to Lord Oberon.

Aug 2, 2017, 15:1408/02/17
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

We monitor the work of moderators. Yes, there can be cases when some confusion or misinformation takes place. All these situations are checked and discussed with the moderators in private. 

Also, ROADSTAR PINBULL is right. The topic is for Issue with the alternative accounts, and we went off the track. So, all the further off-topic comments will be removed.

If you have any questions regarding moderator's replies, please send them in PM to Lord Oberon.

That is  the issue!!!

That what not my title for this thread, after it was derailed a moderator changed it!!!

It was not the topic of this thread...

I;m sick and tired of being threatened, I'm not asking for anything special,,, just do your f/n jobs and leave the rest of things alone....

Hello.

The name of the topic was changed by me to the more appropriate one.

Sorry for not informing that the topic was changed. I'll inform about it in the future.

Aug 2, 2017, 15:4808/02/17
12/18/14
Alina Phoenix said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

That is  the issue!!!

That what not my title for this thread, after it was derailed a moderator changed it!!!

It was not the topic of this thread...

I;m sick and tired of being threatened, I'm not asking for anything special,,, just do your f/n jobs and leave the rest of things alone....

Hello.

The name of the topic was changed by me to the more appropriate one.

Sorry for not informing that the topic was changed. I'll inform about it in the future.

Changing someone's post by renaming the topic is totally uncalled for considering the OP names the thread based on what they intend the thread to be about - threads always go off topic that is beyond the control of the OP - what is within the control of the OP is the original title and post made and the original intention of the post in the first place - doing these things is beyond the scope of a mod/cm's privileges.
Aug 4, 2017, 09:2908/04/17
02/29/16

Hello.

I would like to clarify that Community manager, as well as moderators, have power and right to change the topic of the Theme if they think it's not the appropriate one.  

Moreover, according to our Forum rules point 3.15, it's not allowed to create posts discussing Forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing Forum threads, deleting Forum posts/threads etc.:  https://plarium.com/forum/en/rules/

If you have questions regarding the actions of Community Managers and Moderators, please send them to the Support Team: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

All the further comments regarding this question will be removed.

Aug 10, 2017, 04:1608/10/17
08/03/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

also quoting for posterity. 

there are players on this forum who openly admit to having alts.  in fact, even after reporting several early on and finally giving up, have never seen any player banned for an alt. 

can anyone else recall a time a player was banned for having an alt account?
Aug 10, 2017, 06:2808/10/17
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

there are players on this forum who openly admit to having alts.  in fact, even after reporting several early on and finally giving up, have never seen any player banned for an alt. 

I think second hand accounts (gifted after people leave) and account sharing and babysitting of accounts is a bigger problem tbh. If you question any of this ingame with people they just refer to it all being legal now because Plarium doesnt care. 
Aug 10, 2017, 09:0708/10/17
02/29/16

IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Hello.

When you send a report regarding players who are using alternative accounts, Support Team won't inform you regarding the measures that were applied to these accounts according to our Privacy Policy.

Also, we prevent activity of players with the alternative accounts in different ways:

1. We have added limits within the game trading and gifting systems that restrict the maximum amount of Resources that can be transferred between two players. This means that a player, who has created several game accounts will be unable to use “feeder” accounts to supply any significant amount of resources to his or her primary playing account.

2. We have implemented safeguards to prevent the effective use of alternate accounts to upgrade League Objectives. We have mandated the completion of a probationary period for new League members before they are permitted to send resources to League Objectives or participate in various League activities.

3. When it comes to adding new features or improvements requested by players, we always take into account the possibility to abuse this feature by multiple accounts. If we see that it can give an unfair advantage to players, who are creating and using alternate accounts, we may decline this suggestion or find some ways to minimize their profit and encourage players to play with their main accounts only.

As we add more features and limitations to further discourage the use of alternate accounts, the relative advantage of this practice will continue to decline. 

For example, we add more opportunities to develop your main account, and it takes even more time than before. Thus, players, who need to support several accounts, will need to spend more time on that, while you could spend that time to make your main account even stronger.

Aug 10, 2017, 13:1308/10/17
08/03/14
i dont think you have an understanding of how the game is played and what alts are being used for.
Aug 10, 2017, 14:4908/10/17
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

i dont think you have an understanding of how the game is played and what alts are being used for.
Well, at least we can't blame them for be in touch reality of things.