Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 2, 2017, 16:5209/02/17
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

I agree that spying is a dangerous thing for the League. But for now, we think that it's a Marshal responsibility to decide whom to accept to the League and decide whether a player is a spy or not.

I still think that many players will be against such feature (no matter whether they're spies and want to hide some info or they are just players who don't want to share this information obligatory).

You know that is like leave it to a police chief to decide who can become a cop or not without any proper tools for vetting or background check, possible let criminals and murderers to be set as work as a cop. How about no proper vetting or checks of who work as teachers in schools and kindergardens, let bad ppl with candy into the chicken coup. As long as we leave it to whoever in charge we be alright right? I don't think Plarium understand how big deal this issue actually is in this game and what it can do to the morale of players in a league etc. 

Look at it as players protecting their investment, and to a greater deal that investment is money spent on the game. I thought that would be in the best interest of Plarium too? I know by myself if most of what I managed to build get wrecked by backstabbing and spying, the exit out of the game would be swift, and no more money spent. Not that I spend that much these days, but then it would be nothing at all.

If you make it a choice so players can opt out. Then no one should feel violated. Online gaming and mmos is a lot about trust. And if you can't trust the party you want to join with your details, why should they trust you at all to start with?

Let's look at this suggestion from the technical point of view.

Storage of this information on the server for every player will lead to a significant load on it. 

That's why such kind of suggestions are usually refused by devs.

I understand why this feature can be useful for players and why you would like to get it implemented, but it can't be done from the technical point of view as well :(

I don't want to sound like a utter tool here, but... the actual storage of such data is very TINY.  It could be as simple as add a guild and nameing history to our profiles. That we could opt to either hide or show. And if that is a very difficult task to manage, it can't be really tech savy people you got over there at Plarium. I don't mean to offend any of you, but please DO NOT offend us the players either, because enough of us work in and around the industry knowing how things work.

What it all come down to, this would be a feature that actually benefit the players without cost us sapphires. As such it doesn't make sense to spend a few hours on it right? 

I really would like to get a in depth explenation on how it can't be done from a technical point of view, because Im very curious how that would pan out. I'm not here to be mean, or just to argue, but I'm advocating for something I feel strongly about and would help ease up some of the toxic player interactions in the game. Its very hard to be friendly with someone you consider a spy, or someone out to destroy for you and your league. And on their side, they got a very hard time try to prove themselfs and earn enough trust to be fully accepted. 

Players get told not to use ingame chat, and to use back channels, and other medium to communicate just make for a bad community. Its like when you walk into a room and everyone stop talking when they see you enter. You wonder did they talk about you, and what did they talk about. And imagine that happen every day to you in real life, at your work, or what not. Mistrust is poision in online gaming, There is happy gilmore leagues that is little more than just social clubs where such is not a big issue, but when you get high enough up, the scheming and competition get harder and so does the spending.
Sep 2, 2017, 16:5509/02/17
03/22/16
I have a Suggestion for new Feats of Valor. Defensive receiving 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500 Wrath of Weor in one calendar day. Defensive survive 10, 20, 50 and 100 raids in one day. Survive or break 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500 sieges on your own castle.
Sep 2, 2017, 21:1709/02/17

Make it possible to sort the memberslist of a league.

Just like your contact list in your keep make it possible to sort the list of members of another (or your own) league. At least make it possible to sort it by distance!

Sometimes we have quarrel with another league and you want to attack some members of that league. You'll always start with looking at their members close by. Now you have to go through the entire list to see who is close to you and it gets really frustrating if you have multiple leagues to go through.
Sep 4, 2017, 09:4309/04/17
12/06/16

Increase traveling time to hamlets, like they used to bee so people will start using them again.
On low levels hamlets are a way for people to get interested in the game, now at low level people find the game boring and quit after a few weeks.

Sep 6, 2017, 15:1309/06/17
02/29/16

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi again!

I have another proposal to devs: in this time in the game in server 1 and in server 2 too, some big leagues own 30-40 beacons or more and every league has a rule with amount of troops must be send to the beacons and you as a player have to send those troops to every beacon. You must select every type of units, the amount of them and then this must be done for 30-40 times - would be nice if there will be an option\button "send to all" and you will choose the troops only once time, then you select this option and the game multiply and send automatically to every beacon :-))

You already have an option when you can recall fast all your troops from every castle\beacon\siege....maybe will be nice to make the reverse too.

Best regards!

Bogdan

Hello :) 

This suggestion was forwarded to devs already.
Sep 6, 2017, 15:1509/06/17
02/29/16

Lord Mark said:

What do you think about this ?

Hi :)

I like this idea, but for now devs are working on the issue with unused Items globally.

They want to add the feature that will allow you to get rid of all unused Items and not only of Wands.

Sep 6, 2017, 15:1809/06/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

I agree that spying is a dangerous thing for the League. But for now, we think that it's a Marshal responsibility to decide whom to accept to the League and decide whether a player is a spy or not.

I still think that many players will be against such feature (no matter whether they're spies and want to hide some info or they are just players who don't want to share this information obligatory).

You know that is like leave it to a police chief to decide who can become a cop or not without any proper tools for vetting or background check, possible let criminals and murderers to be set as work as a cop. How about no proper vetting or checks of who work as teachers in schools and kindergardens, let bad ppl with candy into the chicken coup. As long as we leave it to whoever in charge we be alright right? I don't think Plarium understand how big deal this issue actually is in this game and what it can do to the morale of players in a league etc. 

Look at it as players protecting their investment, and to a greater deal that investment is money spent on the game. I thought that would be in the best interest of Plarium too? I know by myself if most of what I managed to build get wrecked by backstabbing and spying, the exit out of the game would be swift, and no more money spent. Not that I spend that much these days, but then it would be nothing at all.

If you make it a choice so players can opt out. Then no one should feel violated. Online gaming and mmos is a lot about trust. And if you can't trust the party you want to join with your details, why should they trust you at all to start with?

Let's look at this suggestion from the technical point of view.

Storage of this information on the server for every player will lead to a significant load on it. 

That's why such kind of suggestions are usually refused by devs.

I understand why this feature can be useful for players and why you would like to get it implemented, but it can't be done from the technical point of view as well :(

I don't want to sound like a utter tool here, but... the actual storage of such data is very TINY.  It could be as simple as add a guild and nameing history to our profiles. That we could opt to either hide or show. And if that is a very difficult task to manage, it can't be really tech savy people you got over there at Plarium. I don't mean to offend any of you, but please DO NOT offend us the players either, because enough of us work in and around the industry knowing how things work.

What it all come down to, this would be a feature that actually benefit the players without cost us sapphires. As such it doesn't make sense to spend a few hours on it right? 

I really would like to get a in depth explenation on how it can't be done from a technical point of view, because Im very curious how that would pan out. I'm not here to be mean, or just to argue, but I'm advocating for something I feel strongly about and would help ease up some of the toxic player interactions in the game. Its very hard to be friendly with someone you consider a spy, or someone out to destroy for you and your league. And on their side, they got a very hard time try to prove themselfs and earn enough trust to be fully accepted. 

Players get told not to use ingame chat, and to use back channels, and other medium to communicate just make for a bad community. Its like when you walk into a room and everyone stop talking when they see you enter. You wonder did they talk about you, and what did they talk about. And imagine that happen every day to you in real life, at your work, or what not. Mistrust is poision in online gaming, There is happy gilmore leagues that is little more than just social clubs where such is not a big issue, but when you get high enough up, the scheming and competition get harder and so does the spending.

Hello.

> What it all come down to, this would be a feature that actually benefit the players without cost us sapphires. As such it doesn't make sense to spend a few hours on it right? 

It's not the reason why this suggestion won't be implemented. 

The detailed explanation on what suggestion we accept and what now can be checked in this topic. 

Sep 6, 2017, 15:2009/06/17
02/29/16

Sculptor said:

Make it possible to sort the memberslist of a league.

Just like your contact list in your keep make it possible to sort the list of members of another (or your own) league. At least make it possible to sort it by distance!

Sometimes we have quarrel with another league and you want to attack some members of that league. You'll always start with looking at their members close by. Now you have to go through the entire list to see who is close to you and it gets really frustrating if you have multiple leagues to go through.

It was forwarded to devs already.
Sep 6, 2017, 15:2409/06/17
02/29/16

brunsonthomas said:

I have a Suggestion for new Feats of Valor. Defensive receiving 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500 Wrath of Weor in one calendar day. Defensive survive 10, 20, 50 and 100 raids in one day. Survive or break 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500 sieges on your own castle.

Don't you think that these achievements can be easily achieved in some not very fair way?

Sep 6, 2017, 15:2409/06/17
02/29/16

tareringen said:

Increase traveling time to hamlets, like they used to bee so people will start using them again.
On low levels hamlets are a way for people to get interested in the game, now at low level people find the game boring and quit after a few weeks.

Devs are working on the Item that will help you to keep the Hamlets longer. 
Sep 6, 2017, 15:2609/06/17
02/29/16

Limad said:

I think there is a very good argument to be made for players to be allowed to send un-needed items to other players within their league. The mechanism already exists for scrolls so it should be quite easy to employ the same daily limit mechanism for other items. We should be able to send unwanted Relics, Wands, Shards at the very least. It's unlikely to drastically change the playing surface but it would let some players help out less advanced league members. At the end of the day, it's all about taking down Balur, right? 

Devs are already working on this issue with unused Items. On FB they decided to allow players to trade these Items for Resources.

Will see how this issue will be solved on plarium.com.
Sep 7, 2017, 18:0709/07/17
12/12/14

Alina Phoenix said:

badone said:

ok you guys should know be for being againt fbs.

i bring you the best ides to bring stromfall to where it should had never moved:

how about a downgrade walls on every sucefull raid?hum. are you shiken to defend your castle? so be it but you should take a penalty for it i say it, dont you?

this way plariom will get shit loads more money and we will get truly revenged for that .... fb's

Hello.

I'll agree with Lady Jezebel here. Taking into account that upgrading of Fortification buildings requires a significant amount of Sapphires, I don't think that players will like this idea.

Just make it like the Alter of Weor and castle guards,  after successful attack and downgrade timed free upgrades back to your fortification level (the level at which you have discovered and purchased).  Similar also to castle guards they cost you to buy but can get knocked down and they are on a timer to stand back up.  From a dev aspect the code for castle guards would be most similar.  Each individual fortification element (wall, tower, gate, etc) has a castle def bonus stat just like the castle guards.

It would be a good addition.  Since the effect is temporary (until the timer runs out or someone clicks to repair) I think most player would welcome the new aspect.  The only one that wouldn't would be the mega coiners that have amassed maximum castle def bones the every square inch of castle filled with improvements.  Even then they'l only complain a little since they could buy castle repair boost item that devs would develop soon afterwards to go along with the new castle fortification downgrading feature.
Sep 8, 2017, 00:0809/08/17
Sep 8, 2017, 00:09(edited)
03/22/16
Alina Phoenix said:

brunsonthomas said:

Don't you think that these achievements can be easily achieved in some not very fair way?

Those who attacked regularly could do it in days so make the numbers larger.
Sep 8, 2017, 07:2609/08/17
Sep 8, 2017, 07:30(edited)
11/04/16

Add unlimited levels for the buildings. Imagine that every level of a mine produce +20 iron.
mine level 16 = 300 iron/hour
mine level 26 = 500 iron/hour
mine level 36 = 700 iron/hour
mine level 76 = 1500 iron/hour
mine level 106 = 2100 iron/hour
etc.

This could give this game no limit. So you keep your old players playing instead of looking for new players who don't really like the game. Please, remove the limites, it would be more fun in my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

PS : I know you refused this (but I am talking about something quite different) :

54. Add new levels for Crystals - Current bonuses existing in the game are quite high, and we are not planning to increase Crystals bonuses for now.

Sep 8, 2017, 09:4909/08/17
Sep 8, 2017, 09:51(edited)
11/04/16

Make the reductions apply to the upgrades for the fortifications (walls, tower, gate...).
Imagine a guy who spent 500$ for full fortifications level 5. There is an update and the max level for fortifications is now 10. He has to sell all his fortification level 5 and spend 2000$ for fortifications level 10.
In my opinion, to protect the old players, it would be a good idea to make reductions apply to the upgrades

Sep 8, 2017, 13:1909/08/17

SEA,SHIPS ??Lets us expands the game and the imagination . stormfall is a  fantasy game so nothing is undoable the map is art and art can be changed but do not need to change that much just add sea around the edge .you may be offended by the sight of the sea but i will assure you your dragons wont .

Here my idea how they could implement the sea and ships without changing the game mechanics and art to much ..

Have sea around existing map

Bring out ports something like league fortresses find a slot in the sea and build it once you built the port your league members get the option to build stage 1 boats and ships ..each upgrade of port allows bigger and better ships built and better port defences and each upgrades gives league rewards also bonuses.

fishing boats can be built to farm food from sea

defence boats can be built to protect the port

offensive boats can be built to attack enemys port

downgrading enemys port gives rewards and league badge accomplishment witch in it selfs gives rewards and league influence points .downgrading enemys port will stunt their growth as forts and ports lvls will work with each other you need one to be a certain lvl before you can upgrade another

this is just an idea and more detail can be added or taken out ..

Sep 8, 2017, 14:1409/08/17
07/16/16
What about speeding the troop training up.  It is stupid waiting so long to train troops
Sep 8, 2017, 17:0509/08/17
07/25/15
Erwan said:

Add unlimited levels for the buildings. Imagine that every level of a mine produce +20 iron.
mine level 16 = 300 iron/hour
mine level 26 = 500 iron/hour
mine level 36 = 700 iron/hour
mine level 76 = 1500 iron/hour
mine level 106 = 2100 iron/hour
etc.

This could give this game no limit. So you keep your old players playing instead of looking for new players who don't really like the game. Please, remove the limites, it would be more fun in my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

PS : I know you refused this (but I am talking about something quite different) :

54. Add new levels for Crystals - Current bonuses existing in the game are quite high, and we are not planning to increase Crystals bonuses for now.

and you will keep pay Plarium a unlimited amount of sketches. How much money do you think this game is worth anyway? Unlimited?
Sep 9, 2017, 06:4609/09/17
11/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Can we get a name and guild history of players? No need for it to be visible for everyone. But if someone apply to join a guild, the guild marshall or whoever with the roles to accept new members, should have the ability to see what past guilds the players been member if, and what names the player might have had in the past.

Hello.

I don't think that all players will love this idea as it's kind of confidentiality rights violation. 

I agree that it would be easier for Marshal to check the history of the player. But you can also ask a player who wants to enter your League this information.

Sep 9, 2017, 06:4609/09/17
11/25/15
sifa123kis said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Can we get a name and guild history of players? No need for it to be visible for everyone. But if someone apply to join a guild, the guild marshall or whoever with the roles to accept new members, should have the ability to see what past guilds the players been member if, and what names the player might have had in the past.

Hello.

I don't think that all players will love this idea as it's kind of confidentiality rights violation. 

I agree that it would be easier for Marshal to check the history of the player. But you can also ask a player who wants to enter your League this information.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.