Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 26, 2017, 02:1108/26/17
12/31/15
I agree 
Aug 26, 2017, 23:5408/26/17
07/25/15

brunsonthomas said:

I have an idea for giving Leagues a better chance to hold Beacons.

First create a Beacon bubble. This will be like a newbie bubble but good for 1 week.

Make a league bank for sapphires for purchasing a Beacon bubble only.

When a Beacon is held for 24 hours or when the league purchases one or more.

Any league with any number of Beacons would get 1 free at the beginning of the usage. 

If no attacks are made against other leagues, the Bubble may be purchased for a significantly reduced price.

If any league attacks another Beacon, the attacker loses their Beacon bubble. This will encourage Diplomacy and reduce senseless aggression.

A Challenge or a War will void any bubble as well.

The only way for someone to hold a beacon is for them to be able to defend it. For some leagues beacons is a waste when there is hammers out there that is bigger than the leagues combined defence they can put into said beacons. 

Imho, the only sensible thing would be to change how battle calcluations for beacons and fortress's is done. If you imagine a gate. It doesn't matter if you got 100k soldiers, or 10 million ones, you can only fit so much through the gate at the same time. Heck, Battle of Thermopylae is good example of this. In Stormfall we don't even have siege engines for breaching fortifications which is stupid in the first place. 

It would be more sensible for beacons and fortress's would need to be hit in waves to wither down the defence. That way it would be costly for the attacker and costly for the attacker even they combined have a much bigger force. Taking objectives shouldn't be like stealing candy, it should be consequences. But it need to be caluclated in such a way so an attacker doesn't lose everything. It need to be a breaking point. In any war game I played there always been the ability to fall back, flee the field of battle etc. As a defender in a entrenched position that not likely you can do. So you just have to hold out and sell yourself as most costly as possible. 

Aug 27, 2017, 16:2808/27/17
03/11/17
you all had to reinvent the bot fields, trying to fix something that wasn't broken. they are worthless now , always empty, or very lop-sided gold to iron ratios. not playing untill they go back to the way they were.

Aug 28, 2017, 10:0008/28/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Can we get a name and guild history of players? No need for it to be visible for everyone. But if someone apply to join a guild, the guild marshall or whoever with the roles to accept new members, should have the ability to see what past guilds the players been member if, and what names the player might have had in the past.

Hello.

I don't think that all players will love this idea as it's kind of confidentiality rights violation. 

I agree that it would be easier for Marshal to check the history of the player. But you can also ask a player who wants to enter your League this information.

Of course some players wouldnt like this, because it would help vs spying, meta gaming behind the game and so on. Its silly to think that, if asking someone if they are a spy out to damage the guild they answer honest about that. Actually that is just retarded logic.

In game such as EVE-Online, you can ask someone for their account API key and you can check out their past employment history and a lot of other stuff. It doesn't really solve the problem with spying and such but it helps somewhat. In EVE having multiple accounts is allowed, where in Stormfall it's supposedly not, but we all know its a wide spread thing.

At current date how things is in Stormfall, if I ever wanted to start a guild, I would demand of every new member, their email address, and phone number to just verify who they are and where they live. Spying and such can lead to so much damage done to a guild and their hard work, with little consequence at all to the part who does inflict the damage. There is no mechancis in the game that help safeguard vs that. 

If the ones accepting new members into your guild had better tools at vetting new players. See where they come from, who they been affiliated with before they applied to the guild and so forth, the decissions to allow them in or not would be far more easier. Of course if Plarium so afraid of players feel violated over such. Then make it a optional flag for a player to have it visible or not on their accont, and if they chose not to have it visible, then well maybe they get auto rejected when apply to a leauge they want to join because that would be their right to do so.

Hello.

I agree that spying is a dangerous thing for the League. But for now, we think that it's a Marshal responsibility to decide whom to accept to the League and decide whether a player is a spy or not.

I still think that many players will be against such feature (no matter whether they're spies and want to hide some info or they are just players who don't want to share this information obligatory).

Aug 28, 2017, 10:1108/28/17
02/29/16

brunsonthomas said:

Alina Phoenix said:

brunsonthomas said:

Could the developers allow us to stack 8 hour Weor's protrection so we can use 3 8 hour to make 1 24 hour protection. It would be good if we could buy up to a week at a time for vacations.

Hello.

We already have Weor's protection for 1 day. To get this protection, you will need fewer Sapphires than if you were stacking 3 protection Items for 8 hours. 

As for protection for 7 days, devs refused this idea as Protection itself gives the significant advantages. Players can abuse this feature and use it not only for the vacation period.

yes but what if I have 3 1 day but 120 8 hours. Would it not make more sense to stack my 8 hour than to spend the 1 days especially if I only want 16 hours of protection?

Hello.

The main reason why devs decided not to allow stacking of these Items is that the players could create a kind of permanent bubble in such a way.

I know that sometimes 8 hours bubble is not enough (night time, for example) and 1-day bubble is too much.

That's why I added as a suggestion 12 hours bubble. I think it's something in the middle, and it's a suitable one for a night. 

I don't have devs decision on this suggestion yet, but will see.

Aug 28, 2017, 10:1708/28/17
02/29/16

ssumm1 said:

Just as we have a 30% sketches sale, could Plarium not have a 30% "medals" sale? And why does it have to be just 30%, why not 50% for 8 hrs, or even 75% for 1hr... these would create incentive to be involved and logged into in the game more.

Plarium could also include medals in the sales that are offered, just like they do with sketches?

10 medals for 10000 sapphires is much worse that 1000 sketches for 10000 sapphires, and you have a monthly 30% sale on sketches.

We have to upgrade Buildings and Lost Arts as part of the Unit XP requirements, which require sketches to upgrade.  With the addition of using medals, that we hardly get but have to buy, it is making it very difficult to upgrade units without spending a massive fortune on buying medals.

http://prntscr.com/gbnjgu

Hello.

Offers are created by our Marketing department. Unfortunately, it's not a thing we can influence a lot.

I agree that Sketches and Medals are not the easiest Items to get in the game, but they're giving significant bonuses and help in the development of your Castle a lot. That's why you need some time and effort to collect them.

Aug 28, 2017, 10:2008/28/17
02/29/16

deutschland said:

I would like to offer 2 suggestions:

1. Dragon. Add a technology that would increase hamlet gathering speed.

2. Add new unit packs for sell. For example, 100 thieves or 100 fireballs. People would surely buy them :)

Hello.

1. Devs are working on the new Item for Hamlets. It's not a Dragon Art, but it should help to keep the Hamlets and collect the Resources from them.

2. Maybe one day our Marketing department will add such packs, but now they're more focused on the packs that will contain different Items, not only Units.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:2208/28/17
02/29/16

badone said:

ok you guys should know be for being againt fbs.

i bring you the best ides to bring stromfall to where it should had never moved:

how about a downgrade walls on every sucefull raid?hum. are you shiken to defend your castle? so be it but you should take a penalty for it i say it, dont you?

this way plariom will get shit loads more money and we will get truly revenged for that .... fb's

Hello.

I'll agree with Lady Jezebel here. Taking into account that upgrading of Fortification buildings requires a significant amount of Sapphires, I don't think that players will like this idea.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:2408/28/17
02/29/16

brn31 said:

Hi, I'd like to suggest new powerfull offers that would contain either only offensive units or only defensive units.

I'm very reluctant in spending $50 in an offer that contains only half of the units I really need. You can leave the actual offers that are interresting for new players and provide them with a good mix of off and def units as well as some other items. 

Thanks

Hello.

For now, our Marketing department is not planning to add such Offers. 

Aug 28, 2017, 10:2708/28/17
02/29/16

brunsonthomas said:

I have an idea for giving Leagues a better chance to hold Beacons.

First create a Beacon bubble. This will be like a newbie bubble but good for 1 week.

Make a league bank for sapphires for purchasing a Beacon bubble only.

When a Beacon is held for 24 hours or when the league purchases one or more.

Any league with any number of Beacons would get 1 free at the beginning of the usage. 

If no attacks are made against other leagues, the Bubble may be purchased for a significantly reduced price.

If any league attacks another Beacon, the attacker loses their Beacon bubble. This will encourage Diplomacy and reduce senseless aggression.

A Challenge or a War will void any bubble as well.

Hello.

From the last info I have from devs, they are more focused on the development of League Fortresses, and they are not planning to change anything in the Beacon mechanics. 

League Fortresses have a higher priority now. 
Aug 28, 2017, 10:3108/28/17
02/29/16

Drag-Theseus said:

This happens when I open my building 

https://prnt.sc/gd8j3e

then I'm in hurry and I want to put my building to upgrade as quick as possible and what happens?
this

https://prnt.sc/gd8j7f

Instant button come on same place where Upgrade button was and then I upgrade my building instantly with drachma even if I didn't want it ! 

SO..Could you PLEASE change place of that Instant button or at least give warning window ,,Are you sure you want to instantly upgrade thiis building?''

Hello.

This suggestion was discussed with devs for several times. Unfortunately, they refused this suggestion.

There are many places in the game where confirmation button is not present and not required. Many players are against any additional clicks now, and confirmation button for everything doesn't seem to be a great idea.

Devs said that there is no rush in upgrades, and you can wait for several seconds before clicking on Upgrade button.
Aug 28, 2017, 10:3208/28/17
02/29/16

Belial said:

you all had to reinvent the bot fields, trying to fix something that wasn't broken. they are worthless now , always empty, or very lop-sided gold to iron ratios. not playing untill they go back to the way they were.

Hello.

We are not owners of bot accounts, and they were not created by Plarium.

That's why we can't control how many Resources or Units these Castles contain. 
Aug 28, 2017, 18:3808/28/17
07/22/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Belial said:

Hello.

We are not owners of bot accounts, and they were not created by Plarium.

That's why we can't control how many Resources or Units these Castles contain. 
 lol cyber terrorisme arives on plarium
Aug 28, 2017, 21:4908/28/17
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

I agree that spying is a dangerous thing for the League. But for now, we think that it's a Marshal responsibility to decide whom to accept to the League and decide whether a player is a spy or not.

I still think that many players will be against such feature (no matter whether they're spies and want to hide some info or they are just players who don't want to share this information obligatory).

You know that is like leave it to a police chief to decide who can become a cop or not without any proper tools for vetting or background check, possible let criminals and murderers to be set as work as a cop. How about no proper vetting or checks of who work as teachers in schools and kindergardens, let bad ppl with candy into the chicken coup. As long as we leave it to whoever in charge we be alright right? I don't think Plarium understand how big deal this issue actually is in this game and what it can do to the morale of players in a league etc. 

Look at it as players protecting their investment, and to a greater deal that investment is money spent on the game. I thought that would be in the best interest of Plarium too? I know by myself if most of what I managed to build get wrecked by backstabbing and spying, the exit out of the game would be swift, and no more money spent. Not that I spend that much these days, but then it would be nothing at all.

If you make it a choice so players can opt out. Then no one should feel violated. Online gaming and mmos is a lot about trust. And if you can't trust the party you want to join with your details, why should they trust you at all to start with?

Aug 30, 2017, 12:2108/30/17
Aug 30, 2017, 12:23(edited)
08/30/17

Hi !

Regarding to Mar'eth Quests: some people are playing in deffensive mode and they are making only lots of deffensive troops - why you have tasks only for building necros or warlocks??? And the discussion is bigger because those players developed bigger lost arts lvls and bonuses only for deff and so on...A proposal would be fine if you have an option, for example: "build 7 necros or 10 demons" ...

Thanks!

Bogdan

Sep 1, 2017, 09:1009/01/17
02/29/16

isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi !

Regarding to Mar'eth Quests: some people are playing in deffensive mode and they are making only lots of deffensive troops - why you have tasks only for building necros or warlocks??? And the discussion is bigger because those players developed bigger lost arts lvls and bonuses only for deff and so on...A proposal would be fine if you have an option, for example: "build 7 necros or 10 demons" ...

Thanks!

Bogdan

Hello :)

This suggestion was already forwarded to devs 
Sep 1, 2017, 09:1009/01/17
02/29/16
Drag-Theseus said:

Alina Phoenix said:

This suggestion was discussed with devs for several times. Unfortunately, they refused this suggestion.

Thanks anyway for your reply
You're welcome :)
Sep 1, 2017, 09:2009/01/17
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

You know that is like leave it to a police chief to decide who can become a cop or not without any proper tools for vetting or background check, possible let criminals and murderers to be set as work as a cop. How about no proper vetting or checks of who work as teachers in schools and kindergardens, let bad ppl with candy into the chicken coup. As long as we leave it to whoever in charge we be alright right? I don't think Plarium understand how big deal this issue actually is in this game and what it can do to the morale of players in a league etc. 

Look at it as players protecting their investment, and to a greater deal that investment is money spent on the game. I thought that would be in the best interest of Plarium too? I know by myself if most of what I managed to build get wrecked by backstabbing and spying, the exit out of the game would be swift, and no more money spent. Not that I spend that much these days, but then it would be nothing at all.

If you make it a choice so players can opt out. Then no one should feel violated. Online gaming and mmos is a lot about trust. And if you can't trust the party you want to join with your details, why should they trust you at all to start with?

Let's look at this suggestion from the technical point of view.

Storage of this information on the server for every player will lead to a significant load on it. 

That's why such kind of suggestions are usually refused by devs.

I understand why this feature can be useful for players and why you would like to get it implemented, but it can't be done from the technical point of view as well :(

Sep 2, 2017, 10:2909/02/17
08/30/17

Hi again!

I have another proposal to devs: in this time in the game in server 1 and in server 2 too, some big leagues own 30-40 beacons or more and every league has a rule with amount of troops must be send to the beacons and you as a player have to send those troops to every beacon. You must select every type of units, the amount of them and then this must be done for 30-40 times - would be nice if there will be an option\button "send to all" and you will choose the troops only once time, then you select this option and the game multiply and send automatically to every beacon :-))

You already have an option when you can recall fast all your troops from every castle\beacon\siege....maybe will be nice to make the reverse too.

Best regards!

Bogdan
Sep 2, 2017, 10:3309/02/17
Sep 2, 2017, 19:25(edited)
11/27/14

What do you think about this ?

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.