Your Suggestions - 2

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
May 23, 2017, 15:3305/23/17
02/20/17

Eugenia Misura said:

Thunder said:

How about a couple changes to how we see our leagues beacon defense both in stats and the actual beacon window? 

Specifically, I'd like to see a column in stats showing the % of a members defense that they have in the beacons ... i.e. 500k total defense in stats, 250k in beacon ... add another column showing this as a % ... in this case, 50% .. and for it to be sortable as the other columns are also ...

In addition, when in a specific beacon, opposed to seeing the number of units in the beacon, I'd rather see the total defensive strength ... even if it is the baseline defense of the units, it would give us a better barometer of the actual strength of the beacon ...

This could be made available to Marshals only or included with those able to see stats ...

Would like to see similar additions to the fortress but that is less pressing at the moment ...

Hello! Can you please show on a screenshot where it should be displayed? :) 
http://prntscr.com/fb7488
For the specific beacon window, currently we see the total units in the beacon as shown above ... either 1) replace that statistic with a total defense statistic or 2) add another column/area to show the total defense as well as the units in the beacon ...
Again, if this doesn't make sense or needs further elaboration, please let me know ... thanks :)

May 23, 2017, 15:3505/23/17
03/01/16

deutschland said:

Hi everyone!

I decided to share with you my suggestions regarding a few aspects of the game.

Resources:

This point is clear: if a game has resources, all of them should be “farmable” by all types of players. It is good that there are sapphire hamlets, but why are there no soulstone or scull rune hamlets? Both soulstones and scull runes have a far less implementation than sapphires, yet the later can be gathered, which is not possible with soulstones and scull runes. Strange… Therefore I recommend to create soulstone and scull rune hamlets. The harvest speed of soulstones can be equal to sapphires. As for scull runes… Well, they can be made farmable only with “Dominion” level 20 and, let’s say, only 2 per hour.

Graphics:

1. I think that there will be much more people playing the game (and more potential clients for Plarium), if they have a chance to customize not only the castle’s skin, but the internal look too. For example, if I change the skin of my castle to Teer Hael, I would also like to change the internal look to a more “elvish” one – greener landscape, more water and the buildings should look more like in stuff like that (instead of the annoying standard look).

2. Currently the castle’s interface is too boring. Add some citizens. I would even buy them for sapphires, just to enjoy watching them walking around, stopping near the buildings, admiring them, talking to each other or doing something else. I even think that this is one of the reasons, why people leave the game. There are many other competing projects and some of them have a much better look than Stormfall. If nothing changes with the graphics and animation, there will soon be no warriors left to stand against Balur.

Most likely the moderators of this forum will tell me that this idea will not be implemented as it “requires much work to be done”, “cannot be implemented because of technical reasons” or something else. Guys, I’m pretty sure that there will be some challenges, but this feature does not change in any way the game balance (as we are talking only about graphics). Yes, it requires some work to do, but I am pretty sure that for your work you are paid in dollars/euro or whatever other currency and not sapphires, so don’t be lazy. Otherwise, your current players will sooner or later find other projects, which will meet their demands in a better way. Don’t search for excuses – search for solutions.

Advisor reports.

1. Whenever we send out a group of spies, we pursue certain goals. We either want to find an army to attack (in order to earn tournament points, for example) or to get as much resources as possible. In the first case those reports, where our target has no army are useless to us. In the second case those reports where our enemy has less then 50k (or any other amount) resources are useless too. Therefore, new report filters for spying missions should be created. They can look this way:

a) “Do not show spying reports, when the enemy has zero forces”

b) “Do not show spying reports, when the enemy has less then …. Total resources”

Dragon.

I have been playing the game for already 2 month, but still did not understand the meaning of “Dragon/Lost Art Discovery Speed”. Let’s suggest that your Lost Art Discovery Speed is 25% and you want to research a Lost Art, which will require your sage to read a book for 4 days. You smack your dragon, it wakes up and your sage now needs only 3 days to study (nice motivation, by the way). Though 3 hours later you dragon falls asleep and your sage says “what a relief” – and the timer is back to 4 days (or 3 days and 21h). Is this really supposed to work like this? What’s the point? I think it would be good to have the dragon/lost art discovery time been permanently reduced…

Attack on hamlets.

Very simple: when someone attacks our hamlet, we should an incoming attack to have a chance to safe our troops.

No Lost Art secret requirements.

I was very much surprised, when I gathered the necessary resources to upgrade “Dominion” to level 16, but the system told me – “level 56 required to research the lost art”. I double-checked, if this information was shown anywhere in the requirement’s section, but could not find it. There were only the resources needed, but no information about any level requirements. I tried even another thing: purchased some units so that I had less resources than needed for the upgrade and hit the “upgrade” button again. The pop-up window showed me that I need to gather a certain amount of gold, iron and food, but again – nothing about any castle level requirements. Dear Plarium team, please note that this can be treated as cheating , because players do not receive what they want, even though they fulfilled all visible requirements. You should fix it ASAP.

Hello! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us, we’re glad that you like the game! I’ll try to answer your points.

Resources

The matter is that amount of all Resources is balanced. Soulstones and Skull Runes are rare Resources and they were meant to be like that. The reason is that we're striving to maintain the game balance.

Graphics

It is true that implementing your vision at this point would require much work to be done and we’re not planning to change the design of Castles/Skins significantly in the future.

Advisor reports

I don’t understand how it can benefit. If enemy has zero Resources, for example, and you won’t receive a report about it, how it can be helpful?

Dragon

It’s the matter of maths. Let's imagine that you're driving a car. Your final destination is in 200 km from your start point. Your speed is 50 kmph.

So it would take 4 hours to reach destination, right?

But after 1 hour driving you decide to drive 100% faster. Your speed is now 100 kmph for the next hour. If you continued driving with that speed till the end of your route, it would take 2,5 hour in total. Much less than the original 4 hours, right?

But let's imagine that after 1 hour your speed goes back to 50 kmph. And you still have 50 km to go. That's 1 hour more.

So the total time will be 3 hours. Not 4 hours like it would be without that speed bonus.

It works the same with in-game bonuses. Even though the speed will go back to the original value after your bonus expires, it will still give you a significant boost.

Attack on Hamlets

This feature supposed to be highly competitive. And that is the point that player should put enough Defensive troops to defend this Hamlet if he wants to keep collecting Resources.

No Lost Art secret requirements

It supposed to be that way that information is given on each step of gaming. 
May 23, 2017, 16:2105/23/17
02/13/13

Eugenia Misura said:

Advisor reports

I don’t understand how it can benefit. If enemy has zero Resources, for example, and you won’t receive a report about it, how it can be helpful?

I will gladly explain it to you. Let's imagine, I find 20 new castles, which I have never attacked before. I sent to each of them spies, because I want to farm resources. After all spies reach their destinations, it turns out, however, that from 20 castles only one has more than 50k resources. So, why do I need to read 20 spying reports, if only 1 of them fits my search criteria? Wouldn't it be better to show me only the single one, which I might find interesting?

Dragon

It’s the matter of maths. Let's imagine that you're driving a car. Your final destination is in 200 km from your start point. Your speed is 50 kmph.

So it would take 4 hours to reach destination, right?

But after 1 hour driving you decide to drive 100% faster. Your speed is now 100 kmph for the next hour. If you continued driving with that speed till the end of your route, it would take 2,5 hour in total. Much less than the original 4 hours, right?

But let's imagine that after 1 hour your speed goes back to 50 kmph. And you still have 50 km to go. That's 1 hour more.

So the total time will be 3 hours. Not 4 hours like it would be without that speed bonus.

It works the same with in-game bonuses. Even though the speed will go back to the original value after your bonus expires, it will still give you a significant boost.  

Dear Eugenia, I really like your example, yet the in-game bonus does not work like you said. It works this way: if I drive the first hour with a speed of 50kmph and then increase the speed up to 100kmph, I will really have to drive 2.5h instead of 4h. However, if I decide to change my speed back to 50kmph after driving one hour with 100kmph, I will have to drive another 2.5h - as if I never drew 100kmph! That is the problem. The dragon boost bonus is only helpful, if there is less than 3 hours left till the end of the research/costruction. Otherwise, the timer will be set back to a value, as if the dragon never boosted anything.

May 23, 2017, 18:2605/23/17
07/11/13

Eugenia Misura said:

Skycooldude said:

Can we have it so that league help is automatically turned on for everyone, but marshals/captains can manually turn it off. Its a good "punishment' that can be used for members who maybe mouth off at a member, overtake DE, or raid an ally.

I'm not sure that many players will support this idea. 

I think you would be surprised at how the players view the "punishment" methods for being rude in chat, overtaking DE, or stirring up trouble with another league. More often than not, the other members of the league are not happy with that member, but unfortunately because the ranking system is unusable for beacon leagues.. the best you can demote someone is from soldier to recruit or neophyte (No top leagues use guardian+ ranks unless the players with those ranks use teamspeak/a voice comms system)..

So either derank or take DE away.. as I pointed out.. deranking is somewhat pointless as there isn't much room to work with... that leaves only taking away DE...

What if the player already has his troops darkened... then the only thing left to do is boot the player if they won't listen... Hard to give someone 3 strikes when you only have 1 thing to use.
May 23, 2017, 22:5605/23/17
May 23, 2017, 22:57(edited)
12/18/14
Eugenia Misura said:

Jezebel said:

any new features added to the game should be tested on a test server before being implemented

every time a new feature is added something else ceases to function properly

All new features are tested on test server by our QA team.
If they are tested then why do things not work when new features are added? I guess your testing process is broken also :)
May 26, 2017, 13:1605/26/17
12/18/14

We should have the option to opt out of these quests to get the next one  http://prntscr.com/fccrg3

I don't want to upgrade my Trader's Inn it would be a waste of sketches but maybe i want to upgrade a mine or townhouse

May 26, 2017, 15:0405/26/17
03/01/16

Jezebel said:

We should have the option to opt out of these quests to get the next one  http://prntscr.com/fccrg3

I don't want to upgrade my Trader's Inn it would be a waste of sketches but maybe i want to upgrade a mine or townhouse

Hello, we are not planning to add this option.

If you don't want to complete a quest, you can skip it and move to another one.
May 27, 2017, 14:4905/27/17
12/18/14
Eugenia Misura said:

Jezebel said:

Again I ask if you actually play this game?  You cannot move on to the next quest until one is completed so if I want to follow the quest lines to earn the extra rewards that are offered I MUST COMPLETE THAT ONE and its a waste of sketches and resources IMO - so I am basically being penalized because I don't want to waste precious sketches on an upgrade that is useless to me
May 28, 2017, 18:1005/28/17

Jezebel said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Jezebel said:

Again I ask if you actually play this game?  You cannot move on to the next quest until one is completed so if I want to follow the quest lines to earn the extra rewards that are offered I MUST COMPLETE THAT ONE and its a waste of sketches and resources IMO - so I am basically being penalized because I don't want to waste precious sketches on an upgrade that is useless to me

+1 Would also like this option I have similar issue http://prntscr.com/fd3dlw

May 29, 2017, 05:4105/29/17

Make sieging players more profitable

Right now it doesn’t do much. A tiny bonus in resources is all you get. Hardly worth the trouble and then you have to collect it as well? It should just add to your resources per hour at the very least. What would be better if you recruited troops instead of gained resources. Of course, there should be a limit to how many troop producing castles you’ve had conquered. Even littles things like being able to change the layout of the sieged castle would be cool. Perhaps you can purchase a governor to make it harder to break the siege. Things like that to make you feel like YOU own the castle. Not like your men happen to be stationed at a random castle that someone else owns.

May 29, 2017, 10:0505/29/17
May 29, 2017, 10:06(edited)
03/20/14
SimeonWhite said:

Right now it doesn’t do much. A tiny bonus in resources is all you get. Hardly worth the trouble and then you have to collect it as well? It should just add to your resources per hour at the very least. What would be better if you recruited troops instead of gained resources. Of course, there should be a limit to how many troop producing castles you’ve had conquered. Even littles things like being able to change the layout of the sieged castle would be cool. Perhaps you can purchase a governor to make it harder to break the siege. Things like that to make you feel like YOU own the castle. Not like your men happen to be stationed at a random castle that someone else owns.

So i wait till your asleep and then siege you and rearrange your castle in this manner.. delete all your walls and destroy all your farms, mines, townhouses, all castle improvements. So very smart wonderful idea
May 30, 2017, 22:0305/30/17
05/29/16

I would like you to reconsider this request by arschmugge and add one of my own.

Please can we get an icon added similar to the Wraith icon, that easily shows who's castle we have troop reinforcements at. Also, adding a simple tab/column under the "My League/warriors" section, so it is easier to track to whom we have sent reinforcements too. I know obviously we can go to our Keep, & look there, but when you have 40, 50, 75 pages of names to look through, it can take a LONG time, & be quite buggy on the eyes lol. A simple icon or column added somewhere would make this so much easier.

My addition is the request add an icon that indicates if the warrior is a Friend Ally or neither.  If it is neither then allow a click on the icon to add as a Friend.  If it is a Friend then allow a click to add them as Ally.

To the first request add the ability to click on the icon.  If reinforcements already exist then pop up the same display currently in the Garrisons that allows sending more or recalling,  if no reinforcement then pop up the Send  Reinforcements screen.

The purpose of this is to help players that have been with a league for awhile, and intend to stay, to check on their relationships with the other league members.  To be able to see new members they have not added to their Friends, note other players they want to Ally with but have not, and find those members where the reinforcements have been lost but missed replacing them.

Your prior response indicates you know of a lack in Plarium's functionality and we as players should keep spread sheets to make up for the lack.

Other suggestions to be able to sort the Garrisons by name have already been turned down even though dynamic sorting (choosing the column) is routinely done for other lists.

May 30, 2017, 23:4405/30/17
07/02/15

i have suggested this before. but havent heard anything else.

ADD sorcery spell protection.. not weors but specific for sorcery spells like spy protection

Jun 1, 2017, 10:3706/01/17
03/01/16
djmoody said:

Bringing this up to suggestions as it has largely received positive support:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/40123_league-strike-change/

Suggestion is:

- Increase the number of people who can participate in league strikes up to 10

- Bring in a power cap to the league strikes that decreases as you add more people to the league strike

There is more detail in the thread linked above.

Contentious Suggestion (for debate and not essential to the main suggestion):

- Include a 3 person league strike limit of 1bn troop power

Hello! Yes, I've passed it and it will be discussed at the next meeting with devs. 
Jun 1, 2017, 10:4006/01/17
03/01/16
Jezebel said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Jezebel said:

I meant that you can do it later, not necessary to do it when you don't have Resources to do it. 
Jun 1, 2017, 10:4006/01/17
03/01/16
SimeonWhite said:

I don't think that many players will support this idea. 
Jun 1, 2017, 10:4106/01/17
03/01/16
francinestarnj said:

GAME CHAT SOUNDS: All too often I miss my players talking in chat!!! I want to be able too:

` turn chat sounds off and on.

` assign different sounds for different members.

1 BUY MP3's this game will play.

Tuck the mp3 player and your contract to sell them inside of the castle hold or make a new building.

YES YOU CAN SELL MP3 ION THIS GAME

RAVENWOOD FAIR DID IT AND LIGHTS TOO!

THEY HAD FIREWORKS U CAN PLAY OVER AND OVER 

We don't plan to add such an option due to technical reasons. 
Jun 2, 2017, 15:5806/02/17
07/20/15

This is a separate suggestion.

Allied troops garrisoned at my castle.

Is there a way to block allies seeing your defensive troops when you are attacked by a third party? Some players send a single archer in order to spy on defenses then attack later once they gauge and see  your strength. Players can already choose what they want displayed  per attack with the little eye Icon after the attack. It would be a small adjustment to the existing censor options to censor it at all times.

Same with resource exchange. I find, as a solo player I get attacked after I make a resource exchange, puts me on league radar. 

Must location be displayed/linked ?

Jun 2, 2017, 16:1806/02/17
01/11/17
How about an export button for players names and stats under Defensive stats page . so we can move out to Excel . And know who has what troops and be able to print them .
Jun 2, 2017, 23:2106/02/17
05/29/16
In the suggestions you sometimes reference what you think others may or may not support.  You have an up thumb to indicate support but you do not have a down thumb allowing other players to indicate they do not like the idea.  You  determine by yourself if other players support or not without any means for players to indicate "against" sentiments.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.