Your Suggestions

Your Suggestions

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 6, 2017, 00:5701/06/17
12/18/14
Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, last several comments did not contain any constructive suggestions or ideas.

Please follow the Forum rules and discuss such topics in the appropriate threads, otherwise it's hard to track new players' suggestions.

You responded to a post and we sought clarification I will bring this topic to the game discussion so you can do this for us.
Jan 10, 2017, 10:2601/10/17
Jan 13, 2017, 15:40(edited)

Hello,

I come with some simple practical suggestions regarding contacts that i think will be useful (at least for me).

I would find it useful if contact info (text included) would appear when I hover over the contact icon in the map view, thus sparing me the time needed to go to my castle and search for it.

Also it would be great if there was an option for editing the contact info instead of completly deleting the text.

Thanks!

Hi!

Can you please show me on the screenshot where it should be located?

Jan 10, 2017, 14:3401/10/17
Jan 13, 2017, 15:49(edited)
07/11/16

It is my suggestion, that under   leagues > warriors, you should add extra options to the blue arrow beside names.    Add a friend, send reinforcements etc.    The only time you can do that is by literally visiting their castle on the map, or if they ever pop into chat.     It is a VERY long process for people joining leagues to go ONE by ONE to every castle on the map, to add friend or send archers.     Right now you can only add to contacts or send letter through the league menu.   I have to go to everyone's indvidual coords to do what i need to do most of the time unless they are already on my friends list at the bottom of the screen.    Thanks for the consideration. 

You can do some of these actions thanks to League Help feature and that was the idea when we created it. In all other cases you can send troops as reinforcement.

As for the "Add a Friend" button, we're working on such opportunity for leaguemates.

Jan 11, 2017, 11:0301/11/17
07/25/15

RandomDrop said:

Lets pretend this an RTS platform just for a moment and consider theses options.

1. Remove maranian amulet troops from the sentry house and move them to the Altar Of Mara and allow them to be built separately.

2. Remove cavalry from the sentry house and move it to the Order of Knights and allow them to be built separately.

3. Remove occult from sentry house and move it to the Council of Mages and allow them to be built separately.

4. Remove bestiary from sentry house and move it to the Hall of Shadows and "what ever building would produce a dragon/griffin (eagles nest and dragon stone perhaps?)" and allow them to be built separately.

5. Create a separate queue for offensive and defensive units in all military production buildings.

6. Add upkeep for standing armys to reduce abuse of increased production.

7. Fix all the raid tricks and hard cap it at 10 per day with 50k per castle unless the target castle has raided you previously during the week to help prevent abusing the increased production.

That would make you able to build more units faster and that is a big no no, because of BALANCE...... It make completely sense from a gamers perspective, but you know, balance, sapphires and all that.

Jan 11, 2017, 14:5401/11/17
Jan 11, 2017, 15:04(edited)

RandomDrop said:

2. Remove cavalry from the sentry house and move it to the Order of Knights and allow them to be built separately.

3. Remove occult from sentry house and move it to the Council of Mages and allow them to be built separately.

4. Remove bestiary from sentry house and move it to the Hall of Shadows and "what ever building would produce a dragon/griffin (eagles nest and dragon stone perhaps?)" and allow them to be built separately.

As far as i know infantry, cavalry, occult and bestiary units already have separate training queues even though all training tabs are available from every unit specific buiding (which i consider to be ok).

It would be good for maranian amulet consuming units to have their own queue for each unit category.
Jan 11, 2017, 17:0601/11/17
Jan 13, 2017, 16:04(edited)
07/11/16

I would also like to suggest a few more things.    

1)  add a search for warrior option under leagues.   You can search for leagues, but when you are in a league menu, you cant search for a person.   It would be handier than running through a whole league list of names.   I often have to do that.  You would still have to know what league they are in just for a bit of security of course.  

2) In the market, when posting trades for resource or scrolls, it would be nice to choose the run time for caravans.   Gets really annoying when someone accepts a trade, and sends your caravans on a 16 hour round trip.   Maybe add an option to scale down the time you are willing to travel for.

3) Maybe having a "list" of friends option, rather than have to scroll through them at the bottom of the screen would be faster.   There is a contact list in the keep, but maybe adding the friends list could be helpful as well.   and again, with the name search option, makes life easier. 

Our developers have accepted this idea - to create a searchbar for friends, or League mates. However, it's almost impossible to implement at the moment. They are working on some improvements for the game which would allow us to include more dynamic features like a searchbar. So, we'll be waiting.

As for the Market, this suggestion is being discussed now.
Jan 11, 2017, 17:1301/11/17
Jan 13, 2017, 16:05(edited)
07/11/16

I am so sorry.   One more thing.    PLEASE reduce the seven day purgatory of joining a league.     Seven days is a very long time to not partake in events.   It is almost like being punished for joining a league.  

I understand WHY they do it. But they dont need seven days for it. I know it prevents people just jumping from league to league to help ...and to stop alts and what not from cheating.   However, most events only run for three days, and there is no way of us knowing what events are upcoming until the day of.  Whichever events are currently running would be bypassed in those three days, and it would allow new members to take part in upcoming events ....    If this is a concern for beacon tourney announcements, do not announce those until the day before they are scheduled.

Declined. The probation period was added to prevent some tricks.

Jan 11, 2017, 17:4501/11/17
Jan 11, 2017, 17:47(edited)
07/11/16

djmoody said:

Might we worth another try with another CM....

Suggestion: Reopen the Suggestions section to posting

There would be no reddit or twitter if one thread was the answer to communication right - doh!!! 

It is highly inconvenient to have all suggestions squashed in one thread. Makes it impossible to see the progression of an idea. Therefore kills improvement of ideas by other players. Also minimises comment by other players on suggestions (probably your best chance of working out whether a suggestion is a good one or not)

Individual suggestions in individual threads allows customers to:

- Quickly scan suggestions they are interested in and get involved with them

- Encourages a format of reply and interaction with the suggestion provider

- Player feedback on suggestions will greatly inform the CM's as to suggestions merits (or sometimes lack of)

- Will lead to fine tuning of suggestions as players discuss them

The forum has a function that visually shows you threads that have new comments since your last forum visit. I don't see what a great time saver it is to CM's to have just one thread. But we lose SOOOOOOOO much discussion and improvement of suggestions this one thread way (I for one stopped reviewing all the comments in the thread after about page 11/12 due to the inconvenience).

Harness the knowledge and experience of your players. They know so much more about the playing the games than any of your staff ever will (cause they are the ones playing them 24/7).

I love this suggestion, and I was thinking the same thing myself. Everytime I post a suggestion, i fear it will get lost and never seen with how much other people post.  Well done.  I suggested a few things just under you. I just happened to look up and see it, otherwise I never would have seen your post.     I don't have time to scroll through 35 Pages just to see if maybe my suggestion was already made by someone else, and not responded to yet.    D'oh!!!  

Jan 13, 2017, 00:5501/13/17
It is decidedly so.
Jan 13, 2017, 16:0601/13/17
03/01/16
roadstar Pitbull said:

Since Eugenia is AWOL, or has atleast gotten tired of the same old replies and has turned to ignoring posts.

We need to assign a number to each post here, and a bingo ball machine with corresponding numbers, Then we can just pick a number for the accept suggestion. It does not need to make sense or even a just cause suggestion. It will have the same effect, and a promise for it to take 2 years to implement.
I am here and not going to leave anywhere
Jan 13, 2017, 16:0801/13/17
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, since this topic is discussed, I'll post my answer here.

The main aim of suggestion thread is to work with ideas from players, i.e. read them, forward them and give an answer if they're going to be implemented. This format of work with suggestions was introduced so that players could easily find suggestions which were already discussed, those ones which we'll add to the game, and suggestions which are declined for some reasons.

If you want to discuss any particular suggestion, you can create a topic in Game Discussions, give a link to suggestion from this thread and discuss it there.

Jan 13, 2017, 23:4601/13/17
Jan 18, 2017, 15:51(edited)
07/11/16

Thera said:

It is my suggestion, that under   leagues > warriors, you should add extra options to the blue arrow beside names.    Add a friend, send reinforcements etc.    The only time you can do that is by literally visiting their castle on the map, or if they ever pop into chat.     It is a VERY long process for people joining leagues to go ONE by ONE to every castle on the map, to add friend or send archers.     Right now you can only add to contacts or send letter through the league menu.   I have to go to everyone's indvidual coords to do what i need to do most of the time unless they are already on my friends list at the bottom of the screen.    Thanks for the consideration. 

You can do some of these actions thanks to League Help feature and that was the idea when we created it. In all other cases you can send troops as reinforcement.

As for the "Add a Friend" button, we're working on such opportunity for leaguemates.

Unless they are already your friend, you are still visiting their castle one by one.   When joining a league, to add every single person, and send an archer at the same time requires going to the map. Otherwise you have to wait til they accept your friend request to do it from any menu.     all options that are available from the "friends menu"   should be available from the league menu for convenience.  

1. Declined. We won't ne adding such extra options for League mates.

2. We'll add "Add a Friend" button for League mates.

Jan 14, 2017, 15:5401/14/17
Jan 18, 2017, 15:59(edited)

I did't see this in the declined suggestions so here goes:

We need a way to rearrange all the items/buildings in our keep that doesn't take forever - if there was an inventory we could remove everything and then put it back where we want it that would be helpful - as is everything is either dumped or it takes an hour because once you rearrange everything and hit finish 3 times out of 4 it all jumps back to where it was when you started. I think it would encourage people to expand their keeps if it didn't mean they would have to either leave everything in the smaller footprint or try to shift everything while several times to change its location.

Fortifications should be up-gradable. People would be more willing to by lower level fortifications if as they mastered the lost art for the next level they could upgrade. As it is players either hold off on buying fortifications until they master the upper levels or have several types of fortifications all jumbled together. If you can't make them up-gradable, how about the ability to sell it back to the game for applied credit on the new level?

1. We're planning to add something like Inventory for such cases. So this suggestion is accepted, but it might be slightly different.

2. I'll pass this suggestion for further discussion.
Jan 15, 2017, 01:3801/15/17
12/18/14
Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, since this topic is discussed, I'll post my answer here.

The main aim of suggestion thread is to work with ideas from players, i.e. read them, forward them and give an answer if they're going to be implemented. This format of work with suggestions was introduced so that players could easily find suggestions which were already discussed, those ones which we'll add to the game, and suggestions which are declined for some reasons.

If you want to discuss any particular suggestion, you can create a topic in Game Discussions, give a link to suggestion from this thread and discuss it there.

if you read the last two posts here their suggestions were posted quite some time ago with no response so how is this format of the suggestion thread working?
Jan 15, 2017, 21:4901/15/17
Jan 18, 2017, 16:08(edited)

Gabrosso said:

Hello,

I come with some simple practical suggestions regarding contacts that i think will be useful (at least for me).

I would find it useful if contact info (text included) would appear when I hover over the contact icon in the map view, thus sparing me the time needed to go to my castle and search for it.

Also it would be great if there was an option for editing the contact info instead of completly deleting the text.

Thanks!

Hi!

Can you please show me on the screenshot where it should be located?

Here you go:

Thank you.

Declined. In this case UI will be overloaded with information, which you can easily get in the Keep.

Jan 16, 2017, 01:0001/16/17
Jan 18, 2017, 16:21(edited)
07/09/14

Please consider changing the color on the in game league chat to something besides RED. No one can read it, and it's important information pertaining to the game. Should be an easy fix. Change it to bright orange if you like. Just dump that deep dark lights out red. And while we were in Teamspeak during the Beacon Massacre, none of us there (and there were about 10 of us there at the time) could read the reports in the game chat as the beacons were being taken. So this is a valid request. 

Thank you.

Cindy, can you please provide me with a screenshot illustrating this so that I can pass your suggestion further?

Jan 16, 2017, 01:3201/16/17
Jan 18, 2017, 16:25(edited)
03/20/14

Cindi Hinds said:

Please consider changing the color on the in game league chat to something besides RED. No one can read it, and it's important information pertaining to the game. Should be an easy fix. Change it to bright orange if you like. Just dump that deep dark lights out red. And while we were in Teamspeak during the Beacon Massacre, none of us there (and there were about 10 of us there at the time) could read the reports in the game chat as the beacons were being taken. So this is a valid request. 

Thank you.

yes please

I'll forward this suggestion.
Jan 16, 2017, 20:1201/16/17
Jan 18, 2017, 16:25(edited)

Stewart_KT1 said:

Cindi Hinds said:

Thank you.

yes please

i agree

I'll forward this suggestion.

Jan 17, 2017, 14:0901/17/17
01/02/17
Hi first want to say love the game can't wait to try others I haven't put any money into the game just yet try to think I have a strategy but anyways I recently was playing and was in a couple of tournaments which help me in the game but have to lose some troops and some gems to try and get near first place for the good rewards and recently I just experienced the shut down for maintenance and couldn't get back on the server which really stunk cause the tournaments are on timers so I couldn't log in and do my upgrades and attacks lol and it was the real first tournament I was gonna get close to some sort of first prize I was seeing if there was a way where you can stop the clock for the tournaments while you doing the maintenance and maybe if possible put a ruff time when the maintenance was done cause I feel like I just wasted time, men and gems to be stopped and couldn't go on for a while I hate to complain cause I rarely do usually I just quit when I get upset with something but I really like this one u guys did an awesome job I know this might to even be looked at or laughed at that's why I usually don't bother but u guys did great thanks for the game again
Jan 18, 2017, 15:2201/18/17
Jan 18, 2017, 16:30(edited)
11/27/14

Give special castle Skin to players that achived lvl 160 in BG.

At least if BG dont pay after this ...we will remain with a skin

Declined. Special Skin is a unique feature and it won't be given to all players who reached level 160 in Battlegrounds.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.