Your Suggestions

Your Suggestions

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 30, 2016, 19:4510/30/16
12/18/14
Rosconz said:

Maybe I am just missing it but I can not find anywhere that tells us the defensive strength value that our league has in our beacon/s. I can see the number of troops in each but not the total points value of those troops. This would be useful when sending more defense to determine which beacon is the weakest.
there isn't a place that shows the overall value of the defense in beacons, some leagues have created spreadsheets to enter the data into in order to determine the defense strength of a beacon, these spreadsheets include the legendary bonuses, fortress bonuses, beacon level etc
Oct 30, 2016, 20:0010/30/16
Oct 30, 2016, 20:00(edited)
12/18/14
SaMilkieSa said:

Was only a few weeks away from having all my lost arts to lvl 20 and then you brought in the update increasing lost arts to lvl 32.

Which is fine, but this is going to take me another 18 Months upgrading them again. 

Please give us an option to purchase a permanent additional sage (with sapphires). At least with two sages it might only take another year.

Thx. 

Declined. Our game has a certain dynamics. It means that you need not only Resources, but also time to develop your Castle and upgrade Units. Time component is extremely important, and we can't remove it.

This is a reasonable request, not everyone has the boosts to move the upgrades along faster and quite frankly I do not see myself using boosts and spending saphs to speed it up.  We have extra craftsman for a cost I don't see why we cant have an extra Sage for the same costs as a Craftsman.  These lost arts will take a very long time to get to level 30 never mind level 32 where we will eventually need sketches
Oct 30, 2016, 20:1110/30/16
07/02/15

SaMilkieSa said:

Was only a few weeks away from having all my lost arts to lvl 20 and then you brought in the update increasing lost arts to lvl 32.

Which is fine, but this is going to take me another 18 Months upgrading them again. 

Please give us an option to purchase a permanent additional sage (with sapphires). At least with two sages it might only take another year.

Thx. 

Declined. Our game has a certain dynamics. It means that you need not only Resources, but also time to develop your Castle and upgrade Units. Time component is extremely important, and we can't remove it.

I think this is a very logical suggestion. it would be great to have 2 sages now that it will take long time to finish upgrading lost arts again.

One more sage for some of the new players to upgrade the lost arts wont kill your time component as much as mega coiners already are. SO "Time component is extremely important"  until what you get mega coiners boosting lost arts to lv 32 already then all the time component gets thrown out the window???

Oct 30, 2016, 20:3910/30/16
Nov 1, 2016, 11:17(edited)
12/18/14

In the Entertainment Community Thread there is a topic about a Black Wizard

I don't like this idea BUT I would suggest rather than being able to steal someone else's items that we could have a castle improvement to reduce the effects of a Wrath of Weor at a reasonable saph cost (maybe 2k at the most) make it a Black Wizard, Giant or a Magic Tower or something

Make it so we can upgrade it to level 20 with resources, have the initial reduction amount of the wrath of weor's effect be 10% and with each upgrade increase it by 2% by the time its at level 20 then the reduction of a Wrath of Weor's effects would be 50%

This does not eliminate them from the game but would give us that feel they are over used a small bit of protection against them

this item does not need to improve castle defense by any amount it can be strictly for the reduction of the effects of the Wrath of Weor

It's just an entertainment post. We are not planning to create Units with such powers. It could negatively affect the game balance.

Oct 31, 2016, 12:1110/31/16
Nov 1, 2016, 11:22(edited)
01/31/15

Special Unit: The Wizard

The Wizard is a special unit that can be sent to anything. The Wizard carries enchantments. They can be trained as well.

In the Lost Arts, Wizards can be upgraded.

The following things apply upon upgrading the Wizard's Lost Art:

• Increased maximum enchantment tier (Every 5 levels the tier goes up by one);
  • Increased amount of enchantments it can provide at once;
  • Better enchantment effects;
  • Decreased chance on corruptions;
  • Decreased power of a corruption;
  • Increased offense & defense.

Note that the points related to enchantments and corruptions should only apply to newly obtained/trained Wizards. Offense & Defense upgrades will apply to all the Wizards you own.

Depending on where the wizard is located, it'll provide Enchantments. They can give special boosts. Enchantments should have several tiers.

If the Wizard is at your own castle, he can provide enchantments for Fortifications, unit speed and defense & offense, Lost Art Discovery/Upgrading speed, and other things related to your home castle.

If the Wizard is sent to fight a Battleground, he can provide enchantments for unit speed and defense & offense and eventually be able to free more units.

If the Wizard is sent to fight another player, he can provide enchantments for unit speed and defense, offense & capacity.

If the Wizard is sent as reinforcement, it can provide enchantments for Fortifications, unit speed and defense & offense and other things related to your ally's castle.

If the Wizard is sent with a siege, it can provide enchantments for resource stealing from the siege, siege defense & offense, and other things related to the sieged rival's castle.

And so forth!

Wizards are and should be labeled as Special Units, just like how there's Champion Units and Legendary Units.

However, this doesn't mean they're a Champion or Legendary. They should be able to be trained, as opposed to Legendary or Champion Units. They could be trained by a new kind of resource (e.g Magic Crystals or Magic Orbs) or Soulstones.

Another thing is, they don't have a selection of units that increases their defense or offense as opposed to Legendary or Champion Units. Special Units, like the Wizard, can enchant almost anything that's enchantable without having a small group of 20 or 40 units that's being enchanted

You can click on a Wizard to open the unit GUI (Graphical User Interface).

This GUI shows the Wizard's standard stats (Offense, defense, capacity, etc.) just like any other unit but it should also show the stat 'Enchantment count: '.

In the Council of Mages should be a new tab which should display:

• The amount of Wizards and their enchantments;
  • The Lost Art's level for the ease.

You should be able to select which wizards will be able to use their enchantments. For if you think you don't want a specific enchantment, you can turn it off.

Enchantment tiers include:

• Simple/Basic;
  • Common;
  • Uncommon;
  • Rare;
  • Elite;
  • Godlike;

The higher the tier, the better the enchantments are and the more the enchantment can give.

The Godlike tier can grant an extra special effect.

An example of a regular enchantment could be:

Troops of the Dark

Tier: Elite 
Effects:

• +20% Unit Defense;
  • +10% Unit Offense;
  • -5% Unit Speed.

A Godlike example could be:

Fortifications of the Mighty Ocean

Tier: Godlike 
Effects

• +4000 Castle Defense;
  • +25% Unit Defense at home;
  • -10% Sapphire cost at the Healer.

Godlike effect: Wraths of Weor are 40% less effective on your castle.

The effects could, just like the hero's items, have a range of how big the effect is for each Enchantment.
For example: 

• +10% - 40% Unit Defense;

A random number between the 10% and 40% will be chosen. Just for the variation!

Corruptions are the negative effects on the enchantments. 

Wizards could be obtained in some new kind of tournament perhaps as well!

For example: 

• Magical PvP Tournament;
  • Magical Battleground Tournament;
  • Magical Experience Exhibition;

Enchantments lasts as long as the Wizard who gave the enchantment lives. After his last fight, the enchantment will be gone.

This means, that if the Wizard has been destroyed e.g by a raid, the enchantment still applies to that fight.

You should be able to obtain a maximum amount of 12 Wizards. If one dies, you're always able to revive it, or train another!

Declined. Unfortunately, our developers don't accept suggestions regarding big features that can drastically change the game balance. There are many good ideas that were already passed to them, or invented by them. However, they don't have time to start working on them all. Such features require all dev teams to be involved. server/client/UX/UI/localization/balance/etc. But all teams are already working on big features according to their plans. 

As soon as they have some time, they may start working on player suggestions, but it also takes time and requires several teams to be involved. 

At this moment we are not ready to accept suggestions regarding big features as we have high-priority tasks to be finished. The idea is cool and worthy. But we have too many good ideas in the backlog right now.
Oct 31, 2016, 15:0110/31/16
Nov 1, 2016, 11:24(edited)
03/22/16

http://prntscr.com/d19wqj

This shows troops should have a Bonus from the Beacon but if you look at troops in the Beacon or any castle within range of the Beacon this bonus is not shown. Please add bonus to appropriate troops within range so that they have the adjusted strength and can be verified by player.

This Bonus is applied only to Units at the Beacon. And this Bonus is calculated only at the moment of a fight. Just like the Castle Protection Bonus, because it's additional.

Oct 31, 2016, 17:1010/31/16
12/18/14

SlopranoDark said:

The Wizard is a special unit that can be sent to anything. The Wizard carries enchantments. They can be trained as well.

In the Lost Arts, Wizards can be upgraded.

The following things apply upon upgrading the Wizard's Lost Art:

• Increased maximum enchantment tier (Every 5 levels the tier goes up by one);
  • Increased amount of enchantments it can provide at once;
  • Better enchantment effects;
  • Decreased chance on corruptions;
  • Decreased power of a corruption;
  • Increased offense & defense.

Note that the points related to enchantments and corruptions should only apply to newly obtained/trained Wizards. Offense & Defense upgrades will apply to all the Wizards you own.

Depending on where the wizard is located, it'll provide Enchantments. They can give special boosts. Enchantments should have several tiers.

If the Wizard is at your own castle, he can provide enchantments for Fortifications, unit speed and defense & offense, Lost Art Discovery/Upgrading speed, and other things related to your home castle.

If the Wizard is sent to fight a Battleground, he can provide enchantments for unit speed and defense & offense and eventually be able to free more units.

If the Wizard is sent to fight another player, he can provide enchantments for unit speed and defense, offense & capacity.

If the Wizard is sent as reinforcement, it can provide enchantments for Fortifications, unit speed and defense & offense and other things related to your ally's castle.

If the Wizard is sent with a siege, it can provide enchantments for resource stealing from the siege, siege defense & offense, and other things related to the sieged rival's castle.

And so forth!

Wizards are and should be labeled as Special Units, just like how there's Champion Units and Legendary Units.

However, this doesn't mean they're a Champion or Legendary. They should be able to be trained, as opposed to Legendary or Champion Units. They could be trained by a new kind of resource (e.g Magic Crystals or Magic Orbs) or Soulstones.

Another thing is, they don't have a selection of units that increases their defense or offense as opposed to Legendary or Champion Units. Special Units, like the Wizard, can enchant almost anything that's enchantable without having a small group of 20 or 40 units that's being enchanted

You can click on a Wizard to open the unit GUI (Graphical User Interface).

This GUI shows the Wizard's standard stats (Offense, defense, capacity, etc.) just like any other unit but it should also show the stat 'Enchantment count: '.

In the Council of Mages should be a new tab which should display:

• The amount of Wizards and their enchantments;
  • The Lost Art's level for the ease.

You should be able to select which wizards will be able to use their enchantments. For if you think you don't want a specific enchantment, you can turn it off.

Enchantment tiers include:

• Simple/Basic;
  • Common;
  • Uncommon;
  • Rare;
  • Elite;
  • Godlike;

The higher the tier, the better the enchantments are and the more the enchantment can give.

The Godlike tier can grant an extra special effect.

An example of a regular enchantment could be:

Troops of the Dark

Tier: Elite 
Effects:

• +20% Unit Defense;
  • +10% Unit Offense;
  • -5% Unit Speed.

A Godlike example could be:

Fortifications of the Mighty Ocean

Tier: Godlike 
Effects

• +4000 Castle Defense;
  • +25% Unit Defense at home;
  • -10% Sapphire cost at the Healer.

Godlike effect: Wraths of Weor are 40% less effective on your castle.

The effects could, just like the hero's items, have a range of how big the effect is for each Enchantment.
For example: 

• +10% - 40% Unit Defense;

A random number between the 10% and 40% will be chosen. Just for the variation!

Corruptions are the negative effects on the enchantments. 

For example: 

Enchantments lasts as long as the Wizard who gave the enchantment lives. After his last fight, the enchantment will be gone.

This means, that if the Wizard has been destroyed e.g by a raid, the enchantment still applies to that fight.

You should be able to obtain a maximum amount of 12 Wizards. If one dies, you're always able to revive it, or train another!

In the entertainment thread it was suggested that the "black wizard" would be used to steal Wraths of Weor from other players, this I did not like.  I like this concept but the temporary aspect I don't like since it is something that would likely cost saphs unless the cost was the same as a Wrath of Weor

Oct 31, 2016, 17:5810/31/16
Oct 31, 2016, 18:03(edited)
01/31/15

Jezebel said:

In the entertainment thread it was suggested that the "black wizard" would be used to steal Wraths of Weor from other players, this I did not like.  I like this concept but the temporary aspect I don't like since it is something that would likely cost saphs unless the cost was the same as a Wrath of Weor

Thank you for reminding! I forgot to remove that temporal part!

I'll get rid of it now, to make it more clear.

I don't see it anywhere, could you specify what you mean with temporal?
Nov 1, 2016, 05:0611/01/16
Nov 1, 2016, 05:07(edited)
12/18/14

SlopranoDark said:

For example: 

the part where if they are destroyed that you need to revive it or retrain it, so not sure if you mean it has a temporary "death" or if you need to buy another 

I think if they are "trained" maybe they should keep their level of training and maybe be temporarily out of service for "x" amount of time before you can use it again?
Nov 1, 2016, 07:2911/01/16
01/31/15

Jezebel said:

SlopranoDark said:

For example: 

the part where if they are destroyed that you need to revive it or retrain it, so not sure if you mean it has a temporary "death" or if you need to buy another 

I think if they are "trained" maybe they should keep their level of training and maybe be temporarily out of service for "x" amount of time before you can use it again?

That sounds good!

So to make sure:

Once a Wizard is incapacitated instead of killed, he'll be temporarily out of service like the Town Guards for example.

Is that what you meant?
Nov 1, 2016, 12:4411/01/16
10/31/14
SlopranoDark said:

Bad idea, it will take time for players to upgrade the wizard, it will just add more feature+ more time. although it sound like a good stuff, but it will take more of our time. 
Nov 1, 2016, 17:2311/01/16
12/18/14
SlopranoDark said:

Jezebel said:

SlopranoDark said:

For example: 

That sounds good!

So to make sure:

Once a Wizard is incapacitated instead of killed, he'll be temporarily out of service like the Town Guards for example.

Is that what you meant?
yup something like that and if you are allowed to have multiple wizards they could be put out of commission for like 12 hrs or something to prevent inbalance in the game (re: coiners vs non coiners) it would be better for those who cant afford to have as many
Nov 1, 2016, 17:2411/01/16
12/18/14
oracle said:

SlopranoDark said:

Bad idea, it will take time for players to upgrade the wizard, it will just add more feature+ more time. although it sound like a good stuff, but it will take more of our time. 
everything takes time in the game but a lot of us are done with building upgrades etc so another task is not unwelcome to be honest
Nov 1, 2016, 17:3411/01/16
Nov 1, 2016, 17:34(edited)
10/31/14
Jezebel said:

oracle said:

SlopranoDark said:

everything takes time in the game but a lot of us are done with building upgrades etc so another task is not unwelcome to be honest
Don't you wish you can go an a killing or BG'ing spree without clicking again and again, or not having to wake up at night every 2.5 hr. 
Nov 1, 2016, 18:5811/01/16
09/05/15

GoGo Knightmare said:

Ranks should be readjusted and a vice-Marshall rank added x2  and commander rank adjusted above the captians 

Diplomats below captians And rangersraAngers above  knights. The rest stays the same.

Declined. We are not planning to change the current Ranking system. You already have a vice-marshall. That's a Captain. Also, many players are already used to the current system, and any changes can negatively affect their gameplay.

A Vice Marshall would be the same as a Marshall in every way except one, not being able to transfer ownership of the league. Any Marshall would welcome the ability to share all the small but time consuming administrative duties that have crept into the game. Please take time to consider this point again

Changing the other ranks around really has no purpose that I can see.   
Nov 1, 2016, 19:3911/01/16
11/26/14
Almericus said:

GoGo Knightmare said:

Ranks should be readjusted and a vice-Marshall rank added x2  and commander rank adjusted above the captians 

Diplomats below captians And rangersraAngers above  knights. The rest stays the same.

Declined. We are not planning to change the current Ranking system. You already have a vice-marshall. That's a Captain. Also, many players are already used to the current system, and any changes can negatively affect their gameplay.

A Vice Marshall would be the same as a Marshall in every way except one, not being able to transfer ownership of the league. Any Marshall would welcome the ability to share all the small but time consuming administrative duties that have crept into the game. Please take time to consider this point again

Changing the other ranks around really has no purpose that I can see.   
A Vice Marshal or Deputy Marshal would be a good addition, especially when a Marshal goes on a vacation or for some reason is not able to be in the game, this would enable a league to have a "leader" at all times - I like it
Nov 1, 2016, 22:1811/01/16
12/18/14

oracle said:

Jezebel said:

oracle said:

SlopranoDark said:

Don't you wish you can go an a killing or BG'ing spree without clicking again and again, or not having to wake up at night every 2.5 hr. 

I manage to do those things as well but women are great multi taskers - men are easily distracted :P  

Look!!!! A squirrel .......
Nov 2, 2016, 05:5211/02/16
Nov 2, 2016, 05:54(edited)
08/22/15
Jezebel said:

oracle said:

Jezebel said:

oracle said:

SlopranoDark said:

I manage to do those things as well but women are great multi taskers - men are easily distracted :P  

Look!!!! A squirrel .......
Hahaha. Well I never, woman CAN be funny also. ;-)
Nov 2, 2016, 08:5711/02/16
01/31/15

Jezebel said:

SlopranoDark said:

Jezebel said:

SlopranoDark said:

For example: 

That sounds good!

So to make sure:

Is that what you meant?
yup something like that and if you are allowed to have multiple wizards they could be put out of commission for like 12 hrs or something to prevent inbalance in the game (re: coiners vs non coiners) it would be better for those who cant afford to have as many

I agree on that m'lady!

It's a bummer that it's been declined. But perhaps another time! 
Nov 2, 2016, 13:3111/02/16
07/25/15

Declined. Unfortunately, our developers don't accept suggestions regarding big features that can drastically change the game balance. There are many good ideas that were already passed to them, or invented by them. However, they don't have time to start working on them all. Such features require all dev teams to be involved. server/client/UX/UI/localization/balance/etc. But all teams are already working on big features according to their plans. 

As soon as they have some time, they may start working on player suggestions, but it also takes time and requires several teams to be involved. 

At this moment we are not ready to accept suggestions regarding big features as we have high-priority tasks to be finished. The idea is cool and worthy. But we have too many good ideas in the backlog right now.

Would be bloody usefull if the devs did give us a proper bullet point in what they are working on. You know a proper devblog with what is being worked on for features and when to expect them to hit. It would give us the players time to discuss these new features and maybe give feedback before things get dumped on the server that the players hate and just create more disgruntled players. It can't be that hard to do, it happens in a lot of other mmo games, its a way for them to showcase things befor they land, and keep players interested and vested for the future.

Also when a player put so much thought into a suggestion and get told "our developers don't accept suggestions regarding big features that can drastically change the game balance" Then what suggestions do they accept? Give us another lovely castle skin that cost only 2000 sapphires? Or something that require minimal effort, like move a number in the database?

I don't necessary agree, nor disagree with his suggestion, I just think the response was terrible.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.