All Categories

THE DECLINE OF A ONCE GREAT LEAGUE

THE DECLINE OF A ONCE GREAT LEAGUE

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 1, 2015, 02:1012/01/15
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)

It's a shame that a once great newspaper/blog has become a baseless rumorville tabloid.  Most good journalists would actually contact someone from the source and get the facts before writing and publishing such an inaccurate description of what is happening. Instead it seems the author got its information from disgruntled former members.  Thats like asking a former employee what they thought of their old company.  Rarely accurate and often biases.

"This league, consisting of a large number of members that splintered from the DaM Empire..."  

ACTUALLY, maybe only 10% of the entire league was from DaM.  You guys may have started it, but abandoned it just the same as you abandoned DaM.

"Entering into challenge after challenge and war after war, they were able to take down some of the most notable leagues in the realm. The war between Legacy and the Fist of Honor is one such example that was well recorded within the Stormfall Chronicles."  

ACTUALLY we are still very much involved in challenges and just recently CRUSHED a league with well over 100 members that challenged Legacy and our measly 47 players. We won by such a huge margin it almost wasn't even a challenge and their marshal stepped down in embarrassment.

http://prntscr.com/98x6ex

"but since this time, the league has been in a gradual decline that has accelerated within the last month."

If you solely define "decline" as the number of players a league has, then perhaps you are right.  But here is what actually occurred.  YOU managed to successfully lure 15 of our members slowly overtime.  Of which maybe half we may miss. The other several members, WE removed intentionally for being inactive, part time players, alts, or playing an individual game and no help to the league.  In fact these players were so individual based that it didn't even affect our beacon defenses!  What is left is the strongest, most active, aggressive players who have a team based attitude with a strong interest in making Legacy a household name in this game with an average level of 67 and average length of time playing Stormfall of just under a year.  What we HAD, and we thank you for taking them off our hands, were complainers and folks not willing to do beacon strikes, raillies, and noone willing to take initiative and step up and be a leader to help make the league great.  Folks that want promotions but who aren't willing to EARN them....

"Legacy was surprisingly absent from the Beacon Wars which rocked the realm to its very core. Since this time, they have chosen to stay on the sidelines and have been absent from any major war. Many have credited this as being one of the main reasons for their recent decline."

We fight our own fights and make our own enemies.  Always have and always will.  We don't fight other leagues wars for them.  KoK and KT  and KOC wanna beat the snot out of each other, thats their battle - we have good relationships with them and as you know we have one of the shortest diplo lists in the realm, so noone can accuse us of playing nice.  We keep the list short so we are not restricted on kicking azz.

"Ex-members have reported that stagnation set in within the ranks. Battle-hardened warriors yearned to enter the fray, but none were present for them to vent their frustrations and bloodlust."

God forbid a marshal and a captain should take a vacation or get pulled from the game for real life matters.  The amount of patience and loyalty exhibited from our ex players during this time, was no surprise, given most of their past, jumping from league to league whenever they didn't get their way.  Leopards don't change their spots, it will happen again I am sure.

"In a realm dominated by war, this was not the formula the seasoned members of Legacy desired."

Actually maybe only 3 or 4 of those former members were "seasoned" members of Legacy.

"Before the exodus began, Legacy stood at over 110 members, at current writing this number is fluctuating in the 40's and expected to drop further. Their old Marshal has stepped down and the league is now led by the stout and well respected warrior Aries, an original member of Legacy."

Again, "exodus" is not the right word.  15 members out of 110 is not an exodus.  The rest were purged in an open league chat vote which most of them didn't bother to show for.  Our old Marshal did not step down.  This too was voted on by the league.

"Although only a fraction of their members remains, Legacy is not to be discounted fully as of yet. If able to regain their aggressive nature and leave a mark on the map, then they will once again naturally attract like minded players."

You got ONE FACT right!  we are not to be discounted.  We are as strong as we ever were and more united then ever.  Except for one thing - we don't give a sh*t about leaving a mark on your precious beacon map.  We can take most beacons if we wanted to - thats not our game.  We NEVER cared about league ranking.   Only being respected, and we have done that well and continue to do so.

"In the short term, many have questioned whether they will be able to hold onto their two seats of power, Beacons 116 and 148."

As you are aware, we no longer hold 148.  Days before Legion Latina hit that beacon our strong allies (multiple sources) gave us intel of their plans.  We let them take it, we hardly had it defended - NEVER DID! since the day we took it!  We took it for fun one day and no one challenged it.  Even with minimal defenses in it, Legion Latina still lost countess offense trying to take it.  Then we had our fun with them.  Pounding their players, taking one of their new beacons and dropping it like a bad habit.

http://prntscr.com/98xfw5

http://prntscr.com/98xg5s

http://prntscr.com/98xggy

http://prntscr.com/98xgon

"In the long term, others are questioning whether they will simply continue to exist? Will they merge with another league, will they bring in a large pool of players from another league? "

I am glad so many are paying attention to us.

Its clear to Legacy that this article was written with an agenda to try and lure more members of Legacy away to the author's league since so little facts were actually stated in the article, and that is a shame and a disservice to the Chronicles readers.

Dec 3, 2015, 20:4212/03/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

Back in WWII, the Japaneses were incredibly difficult to deal with, because they just would not quit, and fought to the last drop of blood. The only thing that could be done to stop them was dropping 2 atomic bombs.  To think that because Legacy "only" has 40 members we are weak is poor judgment. Our current members are all active and highly skilled players, who can and will wreck leagues 3-4X larger. 

Like any online game, people come and go as they please. If someone joins our league, and later decides to move on, that is their right. People join our league because they like to fight, and they don't want to fight OTHER people's battles for them. We have stayed true to our statement of  fighting our own wars, and that is what we will continue to do. 
Dec 10, 2015, 16:4012/10/15
03/08/15
When i first started playing this game, i only ever knew of one league to fear taking settlements off, which was LEGACY, because they would rain fire on you for it. I personally destroyed Costa's entire offence what hit me was 50-60 fireballs from numerous places so i could kill off 4M/5.5M Off. Yes LEGACY still has a great player base however small the numbers in their league seems, but they are being outgrown on this server. As a beacon league 48 players isn't enough, it is enough to remain a 1 beacon league but not be as mighty as their tale is :) Recruit, Grow or Merge, make something happen!
Feb 28, 2016, 23:0302/28/16
03/01/15

Timmyboy said:

When i first started playing this game, i only ever knew of one league to fear taking settlements off, which was LEGACY, because they would rain fire on you for it. I personally destroyed Costa's entire offence what hit me was 50-60 fireballs from numerous places so i could kill off 4M/5.5M Off. Yes LEGACY still has a great player base however small the numbers in their league seems, but they are being outgrown on this server. As a beacon league 48 players isn't enough, it is enough to remain a 1 beacon league but not be as mighty as their tale is :) Recruit, Grow or Merge, make something happen!

They stated above that beacons aren't their game and that they don't care about league ranking.  They play their way, fight their own wars, and have a solid group of active and skilled players.  If that's not what you enjoy, then you know not to join them.  If that is your play style, then you might find a good home there.

I see no reason to tell players who have been around for over a year how to play the game.  They already know how to play and have chosen the path they enjoy the most =)
Mar 3, 2016, 21:2803/03/16
11/30/14
Well said Red.
Mar 5, 2016, 16:4703/05/16

Sir Gradly said:

Back in WWII, the Japaneses were incredibly difficult to deal with, because they just would not quit, and fought to the last drop of blood. The only thing that could be done to stop them was dropping 2 atomic bombs.  To think that because Legacy "only" has 40 members we are weak is poor judgment. Our current members are all active and highly skilled players, who can and will wreck leagues 3-4X larger. 

Like any online game, people come and go as they please. If someone joins our league, and later decides to move on, that is their right. People join our league because they like to fight, and they don't want to fight OTHER people's battles for them. We have stayed true to our statement of  fighting our own wars, and that is what we will continue to do. 

Still fighting Legacy was good fun !!!

Fighting with Legacy was an honor aswell