This topic is closed

Online chat with Plarium's Community Manager has started! March 2

48 Replies
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:42 PM UTC
tatiana said:

it is possible to eliminate the routing information, I found that totally useless and annoying, specially when you have multiple raids, sieges, etc and you are trying to send caravans to the target
Can you please specify how do you see this? 
UTC +2:00
SkylarMorrowind
2 March, 2017, 2:43 PM UTC
Is there an update to help with all the game crashes lately ? or a recomendation to help solve this issue ?
UTC +0:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:44 PM UTC

ataboy71 said:

I am new to the game and I like it a lot sofar but when you go to battle is there a way to see the battle as it happing

Hi! Welcome in Stormfall! 

No, you can't see the way the battle is happening.

tatiana
2 March, 2017, 2:44 PM UTC

it is possible to do metrics? for example I want to calculate the distance time between two other than me castles. That applies in many cases, but the most important one, is when you are trying to relocate your castle.

In that case I want to know if there is much better location for my castle

UTC +8:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:46 PM UTC

SkylarMorrowind said:

Is there an update to help with all the game crashes lately ? or a recomendation to help solve this issue ?

Hi! First of all, please take a look at these troubleshoot steps here . If these steps aren't helpful, please report your situation to our Support team so they can investigate this case for you. Thanks!

Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:47 PM UTC
tatiana said:

it is possible to do metrics? for example I want to calculate the distance time between two other than me castles. That applies in many cases, but the most important one, is when you are trying to relocate your castle.

In that case I want to know if there is much better location for my castle

You can try to count the metrics if you know the coordinates. 
tatiana
2 March, 2017, 2:51 PM UTC

do you know that you can send caravans when raiding, in order to get more from the target, isn't? Well, if some other raid you sent or that one itself, when it's to close to the target, and you are trying to choos the icon for caravans, appears constantly the routing information for that raid or another one that passes through. The routing information, is that useless information that shows, how many units youu send, and all that information. do you understand now? I missed a lot of good rewards from the target, because of that

UTC +8:00
SkylarMorrowind
2 March, 2017, 2:52 PM UTC
Which type of defense is most effective against fireball ? It seems that a single fireball does a lot more damage than it should considering my castle defense amount.
F.O
2 March, 2017, 2:55 PM UTC

Hello EUGENIA

Can you move pop up message from left to right side?

They can somethimes interferce chat :)

Thank you

Greeting F.O
juan
2 March, 2017, 2:56 PM UTC

I agree with Tatiana, about the useless routing information, how ever that will be usefull when doing metrics between two other castles, I found that also very important to be done. Not just when relocating castles, but I really want to see for example blue lines betwwen my castle and another castle, without having to raid, siege or spy the other castle. just to know possibilities. and in that case I would like to define as much as I want , much better if they persist through until I decided to eliminate that metrics

It is hard to do that for you?
Faramir
Eugenia Misura said:

Faramir said:

What's the deal with the 'random' variable in BG payouts now? it still appears the old method of banking multiple BGs before winning allows for a mass payout but they don't always go 'supernova' if you know what I mean. Is it a coin flip? or every nth time you win after investment is made? Curious as ever and of course all of the readers of Faramir's BG Bible have enquiring minds that would like to know too... Thanks for your reply :-)

We haven't changed anything in Battlegrounds mechanics for a long time. There can be several reasons why you feel like you get a small reward. First of all, remember that the reward size may differ even for the same Battleground level. Also, try to minimize your losses by analyzing the Balur's Units on a Battleground before raiding it. Check the Unit Defensive stats. Choose the type of Units that will be the most successfull against Balur's forces. Remember that Cavalry Units may be the strongest ones, but they're not always the best type of Units to send at a Battleground.

All Units (including different modifications) count when you raid Battlegrounds. However, please keep in mind that the actual Unit value may differ from your expectations and the info provided by other players in different spreadsheets. 

Eugenia, I'm sure we'll see you running for political office very soon as you managed to reply to my question without answering it in the least. We are for years familiar with which units work best against Balur's army in the BGs - I co-authored the game's most widely read guide on the subject. None of that has changed in the years since. The question I still pose to you is: What exactly determines the payout reward for each BG level? Some general guidelines would be appreciated or a formula would be even better. Before the previous overhauls we used to have the 'formula' pretty well understood to the point that we'd invest X, win level Y and get payout Z. What I'm seeing now is that it holds true for the long run but not on an individual BG win. Does that sound correct? If so then how many BGs do you have to win before you reach the Nth one where the real payout exists?
F.O
Sorry from right to left side:)
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:57 PM UTC
tatiana said:

do you know that you can send caravans when raiding, in order to get more from the target, isn't? Well, if some other raid you sent or that one itself, when it's to close to the target, and you are trying to choos the icon for caravans, appears constantly the routing information for that raid or another one that passes through. The routing information, is that useless information that shows, how many units youu send, and all that information. do you understand now? I missed a lot of good rewards from the target, because of that

I can see, thank you for specifying this. Well, the matter is that the situation you've described it's a trick, which has been discovered by experienced players. And it's not the kind of issue, which we're going to improve, because it's like improving the issue. So the only thing I can advice here is to ask other players for tips and decide if it's worth to do this in the future. 
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:59 PM UTC
SkylarMorrowind said:

Which type of defense is most effective against fireball ? It seems that a single fireball does a lot more damage than it should considering my castle defense amount.
It depends on your tactic. I know that some players prefer to defend themselves with Units or Weor's Protection if such attack it quite expected. And some players just don't hold Units in Castle :) You're free to choose or ask for tips in Game Discussion section. 
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 2:59 PM UTC
F.O said:

Hello EUGENIA

Thank you

Greeting F.O
Hi! You can close them by clicking on X :) 
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 3:01 PM UTC
juan said:

I agree with Tatiana, about the useless routing information, how ever that will be usefull when doing metrics between two other castles, I found that also very important to be done. Not just when relocating castles, but I really want to see for example blue lines betwwen my castle and another castle, without having to raid, siege or spy the other castle. just to know possibilities. and in that case I would like to define as much as I want , much better if they persist through until I decided to eliminate that metrics

It is hard to do that for you?
As I mentioned above, you can do the approximate metrics if you know the coordinates. Or you can send Spies in order to know the exact destination. 
juan
2 March, 2017, 3:01 PM UTC
it is possible for the users to reprogram the dragon bonuses, for example you are using defense bonuses, but after that you are going to raid and want to use the offense bonuses.  And having to wait is not nice. specially because doing that  uses your own resources
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 3:03 PM UTC
Faramir said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Faramir said:

What's the deal with the 'random' variable in BG payouts now? it still appears the old method of banking multiple BGs before winning allows for a mass payout but they don't always go 'supernova' if you know what I mean. Is it a coin flip? or every nth time you win after investment is made? Curious as ever and of course all of the readers of Faramir's BG Bible have enquiring minds that would like to know too... Thanks for your reply :-)

We haven't changed anything in Battlegrounds mechanics for a long time. There can be several reasons why you feel like you get a small reward. First of all, remember that the reward size may differ even for the same Battleground level. Also, try to minimize your losses by analyzing the Balur's Units on a Battleground before raiding it. Check the Unit Defensive stats. Choose the type of Units that will be the most successfull against Balur's forces. Remember that Cavalry Units may be the strongest ones, but they're not always the best type of Units to send at a Battleground.

All Units (including different modifications) count when you raid Battlegrounds. However, please keep in mind that the actual Unit value may differ from your expectations and the info provided by other players in different spreadsheets. 

Eugenia, I'm sure we'll see you running for political office very soon as you managed to reply to my question without answering it in the least. We are for years familiar with which units work best against Balur's army in the BGs - I co-authored the game's most widely read guide on the subject. None of that has changed in the years since. The question I still pose to you is: What exactly determines the payout reward for each BG level? Some general guidelines would be appreciated or a formula would be even better. Before the previous overhauls we used to have the 'formula' pretty well understood to the point that we'd invest X, win level Y and get payout Z. What I'm seeing now is that it holds true for the long run but not on an individual BG win. Does that sound correct? If so then how many BGs do you have to win before you reach the Nth one where the real payout exists?
Faramir, I understand that you want to know the exact numbers and tactics, however, I can't tell you this information. That's the thing about Battlegrounds — you should experiment and make your own conclusions in order to create a strategy that fits you.  
Alina Bright
Community Manager
2 March, 2017, 3:04 PM UTC
juan said:

it is possible for the users to reprogram the dragon bonuses, for example you are using defense bonuses, but after that you are going to raid and want to use the offense bonuses.  And having to wait is not nice. specially because doing that  uses your own resources
Hi! No, that's the thing about Dragon bonuses.
F.O
2 March, 2017, 3:05 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

F.O said:

Hello EUGENIA

Thank you

Greeting F.O
Hi! You can close them by clicking on X :) 

1780785 users registered; 48422 topics; 287355 posts; our newest member:lacelltorrence