EMPERORS LEAGUE WAS HACKER ON 21 SET2017

91 Reply
Marcel Stokvis
26 September, 2017, 2:38 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Tychi said:

You could well be right Zwelgje. Let me think , errr.....Considering DJ hasn't posted since I asked the question I would say you are right Zwelgje.

I'm curious to know Dj's answer as I know what league the culprit comes from (didn't need Sherlock for that 1) and as a betting man I know who the odds on favourite is as well lol.  

I promised Red I wouldn't post any more. 

I provided her significant info about the level of account sharing occurring in Emps (which she didn't seem to be aware of) and how a person given account details can continue to log in well beyond the point the password is changed.I thought the latter was reasonably common knowledge, given a mod has posted about it and report to Plarium but the info seems to have passed Emps by.

I did this because from her posts she seems to have a degree of honesty and integrity. While she was posting honestly from what she knew, in fact a lot of what she is saying is untrue. I wanted to her a chance to learn the truth from her fellow league mates before she incriminated herself more on the forums.

I also said I would keep quiet as long as I wasn't been called out and flamed. 

Seeing as I am being called out - this is what I know:

- "The account" has been shared with a large number of Emp captains

- "The account" account has (unbelievably stupidly) been shared with multiple people outside of Emps

- It has been shared so much I doubt we will ever be able to pin down who ran this event

- League strikes have been run on Frenzie's account by people other than Frenzie

- It is possible, once given the account details, to maintain access to an account, even if the password and e-mail on the account are changed. A Mod has posted about this and reported it to Plarium.

- The issue has been represented to Plarium as a hack. The degree of account sharing was not mentioned to Plarium. As a result on Friday half the troops have been compensated back to the account.

Now if Emps want to continue to lie and say that any of the above is not true then I will pull out the damning screenshot evidence that proves it. That evidence will embarrass several people including the person that has already been through a painful enough experience already. So I would rather not. But if the lying and BS continue then I will quite happily do it to prove a point.

It is possible Emps were not aware of the continued access that can be maintained post the original account share. Maybe they initially believed that access post password change was proof of a hack. I have informed an Emps captain (kindly to help them solve the problem of continued access) that this is not correct and that the account sharer can still maintain access (as reported recently by a Mod)

At this point then Emps now also know it's not a hack. But they have continue to post in the forum as if it is. Clearly it's counter to the propaganda demanding full comp and league issue be sorted to:

a) admit to the monumental level of account sharing on the account

b) that they know now how this could have been done by simply account sharing

Now we can live in a fantasy land that this was a complex hack, requiring significant knowledge and experience and the hacker was willing to risk breaking laws to execute what happened. Or they were one of the many people that simple had been given access to the account.

That is what I mean by beyond reasonable doubt. And I think any intelligent, rational person is going to come to the same conclusion.

Not that I am a fan of Plarium but it's a shame for them, because hack has been cried wolf so loudly that people are questioning the integrity of Plarium's systems and security. Reality is no matter how good they are (or not) they can't protect against user stupidity (hence why they have the account sharing rule). It seems a bit unfair that they are on trial now as well because an individual/league can't tell everyone the truth.

I wonder what you end game is, for a sick little game it is.
You claim to have some incriminating screenshot yet you start and post on several threads asking for info, pointing fingers nd entering discussions.
You take great pride into tricking people into an answer it seems you already know the answer to.

Seriously??
If this is true you are truelly a deceitfull and mean person.

Dutch Viking // Sa souvraya niende misain ye
UTC +0:00
zapelo
26 September, 2017, 2:51 PM UTC

From what i understand from today's CM post the initial assessment that the account was hacked resulted to be premature. After additional investigation the facts were more clear.

Let me say this again the act itself was below the belt and evil.

But to expect that Plarium to reimburse someone whilst it is not Plarium's fault is childish.

SWALLOW THE HOT POTATO AND LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS.

Not only for this game but also for other games and life itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most important thing that the other players should get from this is 

IF YOU DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNT DETAILS WITH OTHER PEOPLE YOU ARE SAFE

Tychi
26 September, 2017, 9:33 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Tychi said:

You could well be right Zwelgje. Let me think , errr.....Considering DJ hasn't posted since I asked the question I would say you are right Zwelgje.

I'm curious to know Dj's answer as I know what league the culprit comes from (didn't need Sherlock for that 1) and as a betting man I know who the odds on favourite is as well lol.  

I promised Red I wouldn't post any more. 

I provided her significant info about the level of account sharing occurring in Emps (which she didn't seem to be aware of) and how a person given account details can continue to log in well beyond the point the password is changed.I thought the latter was reasonably common knowledge, given a mod has posted about it and report to Plarium but the info seems to have passed Emps by.

I did this because from her posts she seems to have a degree of honesty and integrity. While she was posting honestly from what she knew, in fact a lot of what she is saying is untrue. I wanted to her a chance to learn the truth from her fellow league mates before she incriminated herself more on the forums.

I also said I would keep quiet as long as I wasn't been called out and flamed. 

Seeing as I am being called out - this is what I know:

- "The account" has been shared with a large number of Emp captains

- "The account" account has (unbelievably stupidly) been shared with multiple people outside of Emps

- It has been shared so much I doubt we will ever be able to pin down who ran this event

- League strikes have been run on Frenzie's account by people other than Frenzie

- It is possible, once given the account details, to maintain access to an account, even if the password and e-mail on the account are changed. A Mod has posted about this and reported it to Plarium.

- The issue has been represented to Plarium as a hack. The degree of account sharing was not mentioned to Plarium. As a result on Friday half the troops have been compensated back to the account.

Now if Emps want to continue to lie and say that any of the above is not true then I will pull out the damning screenshot evidence that proves it. That evidence will embarrass several people including the person that has already been through a painful enough experience already. So I would rather not. But if the lying and BS continue then I will quite happily do it to prove a point.

It is possible Emps were not aware of the continued access that can be maintained post the original account share. Maybe they initially believed that access post password change was proof of a hack. I have informed an Emps captain (kindly to help them solve the problem of continued access) that this is not correct and that the account sharer can still maintain access (as reported recently by a Mod)

At this point then Emps now also know it's not a hack. But they have continue to post in the forum as if it is. Clearly it's counter to the propaganda demanding full comp and league issue be sorted to:

a) admit to the monumental level of account sharing on the account

b) that they know now how this could have been done by simply account sharing

Now we can live in a fantasy land that this was a complex hack, requiring significant knowledge and experience and the hacker was willing to risk breaking laws to execute what happened. Or they were one of the many people that simple had been given access to the account.

That is what I mean by beyond reasonable doubt. And I think any intelligent, rational person is going to come to the same conclusion.

Not that I am a fan of Plarium but it's a shame for them, because hack has been cried wolf so loudly that people are questioning the integrity of Plarium's systems and security. Reality is no matter how good they are (or not) they can't protect against user stupidity (hence why they have the account sharing rule). It seems a bit unfair that they are on trial now as well because an individual/league can't tell everyone the truth.

Ah there you are DJ, I thought you had gone AWOL lol

1st I will give you respect for this I promised Red I wouldn't post any more. Obviously didn't know.

2nd I appreciate the lengthy explanation but there was really no need as I already knew 99% of it and is not what I actually asked. What I said was 'Now DJ I could read this I know beyond all reasonable doubt what happened. I wouldn't put my credibility on the line for a blind hunch. differently and say that you even know the culprit guilty of this despicable act. 

So do you?

A simple yes or no would have done lol. I would of liked a YES personally and then a pm to see if it matches my name but......

As I said I knew 99% of what you wrote and I did but there is 1% that I'm reading that I had no idea and throws a little light on a dark situation. 

So would it not be fair to say IF this is the scenario that actually a cured then surely Plarium have some fault in this? And before you all shout out SHE SHARED HER ACCOUNT!!!!  Surely if you change your login details and NO1 has them it should then be 100% secure and if not its Plarium fault? 

djmoody
26 September, 2017, 11:34 PM UTC

Unfortunately it's a No

I'd love to know given it's the biggest news of the year.

On the last point, I don't think Plarium have handled it very well. They certainly have some blame IMO.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Gadheras
27 September, 2017, 8:27 AM UTC

When you start play any mmo, online game and so forth, you agree to accept a TOS. If that also include don't share your login details, keep them safe and so forth. That is a responsiblity on your part. Breaking that, also violate the TOS, and the company have really no duty to fix anything based on a user violation. 

If you think a crime was done. Then you pick up your phone, you call your local police and you report it. Plarium is not the cops... If you want to file a lawsuit against Plarium, you contact your lawyer to do so. Threats and tantrums doesn't fix anything, action does. 
UTC +2:00
Red
27 September, 2017, 8:57 AM UTC

djmoody said:

Unfortunately it's a No

I'd love to know given it's the biggest news of the year.

On the last point, I don't think Plarium have handled it very well. They certainly have some blame IMO.

All I have seen are the screenshots that were provided to Plarium and what I was told the results of the investigation were.  Lacking more detail makes it hard to dispute one way or another.  

I do feel Plarium is at fault for not taking action to safeguard league assets after the breach was reported.  We did our duty of reporting the breach soon as it was detected.  

Also, if what you say about credentials is true, then Plarium has a vulnerability which can be exploited.  Account sharing may be stupid, but a reasonable person would expect that changing credentials would lock people back out again.  You also said Plarium has been made aware of this vulnerability.  If they know about this route of attack and did not fix it, they are not providing players with the tools to safeguard our accounts.  One could say its a moot point since account sharing is wrong in the first place, but there are other ways to get account credentials that do not involve the user giving them to you.

Lastly, there is the issue of players who did nothing wrong and have sustained losses from this.  It is unreasonable to expect players to defend against other player's vulnerabilities, especially when knowing about those vulnerabilities is not guaranteed.
IronApex Turok
27 September, 2017, 9:02 AM UTC

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/75066_plarium-on-the--frenzie-hack-------/

i dont know if youve seen this thread, but sergey was forced to recant his declaration of a hack, and plarium has back tracked and blamed account sharing as the culprit. 

all we are left with is airplane noise from the CMs and the promise that there wasnt a breach. 

SERGEY KRYVOROTCHENKO

COMMUNITY MANAGER

First of all, please pay attention that from company side we do our best to secure the game from hackers' attacks as we have a strong protection against outside interference. That means no-one can hack your account without knowing the password/login combination. But still, the security of your social network account and Plarium.com account is the sole responsibility of you as the account holder. Please, don't share your login or password with anyone, don't follow suspicious links and don't use third-party services, which require your account details.

Let me share some quotes from our Terms of Use and Security Policy.

TERMS OF USE, 3.Use of the Service (d):

"You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (A) notify Plarium immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (B) exit from your Account at the end of each session."

Security Policy: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002370429-Security-Policy

And as for the situation that has arisen. Unfortunately, MAD FRENZIE was really hacked.

UPDATE

Our Support Team investigated the issue in more details, and it came out that my conclusion regarding this situation was made too fast.

Support team representative discussed this case with the owner of the account once again and informed her about our Support Team's decision.

We won't announce either the results of investigation or decision made by Support team as it's against our Privacy policy.

Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your p

Gadheras
27 September, 2017, 9:52 AM UTC
Red said:

Lastly, there is the issue of players who did nothing wrong and have sustained losses from this.  It is unreasonable to expect players to defend against other player's vulnerabilities, especially when knowing about those vulnerabilities is not guaranteed.
Well, for those that did nothing wrong and got affected, and if the reason they got affected is due to account holder shared login details. Then sue the fkn account holder for the damage done to you. Responsibility start and end with the first link in the chain of events.
Oracle
27 September, 2017, 2:44 PM UTC

There is too much offense going on in these forum, too much abuse of power and deceitful actions. So the KoK, or more accurately a certain mod in KoK dilivers incriminating screenshot of Frenzie talking to her friends about giving her a domained access to her accounts. The support immediately use these screenshots as proof, recarnt all evidence that shows, beyond any doubt that Frenzie was hacked. Then they offer her a 75% take it or leave it discount. 

Meantime the mod comes to the forum, deletes all evidence that shows and proofs that Frenzie was hacked, ban members of the forum that have unquestioned evidence showing vulnerability in the system. 

Minutes latter, a CM, not Sergey, edits another CM post, recant a statements that was uttered after the same CM was showed evidence of a hack. Then these CM, locks a topic and tells everyone to shut-up. And post a statements, that doesn't state anything. 

Then members of KoK using alts, post the recanted statements of the CM. They then go on a spree, telling everybody who questions the tenacity of the CM, that they are liars, stupid and idiots for trusting the statements of the CM, and the security teams decision that there is evidence of a hack. 

Questions arise. 

Why did Sergey say that Frenzie was hacked
Why was the KoK acting all criminal about these issue, and trying, even after Sergey said there was evidence of a hack, to incriminate Frenzie, and blaming her  inconvenience on account sharing even though there is no evidence to that
Why did someone send old pics to support.

There is no way, I could believe that the ''rebels'' did these criminal action. Nor am I not willing to believe that an inside job to cover these mess up was initiated by the KoK. 

It is also very important to understand the gravity of these situation deeply. 

1. When Sergey stated in these forum that there was a hack, and then recanting these statement. He was immediately in offense, Perjury. Lying in an official statement is a crime, and He knows that, why would he lie. If he knew that what he was stating was a fallacy and that it could get him fired, why did  he do it. 
2. Why was Alina and Biohazard closing all means of communication about these matter. By actively doing these THEY failed, to allow a platform for dialogue, they failed in their duties. Their actions trapped the community in a cycle of misinformation. They failed in their job of being Plarium's representative, In Biohazard case of being players representative. Instead of being a bridge between Plarium and players they became blockers of information.  Biohazard was in no way concerned with these matter. He was never willing to help Frenzie, and I bet he didn't communicate with her or anyone in trying to facilitate these issues. 

I have come to a conclusion that is best to pull the plug on Plarium. My money and time can be spend somewhere else, I am tired of all these stuffs going on here. Covering up a hack is criminal. 
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Lord
27 September, 2017, 3:12 PM UTC
bye bye
zapelo
27 September, 2017, 4:21 PM UTC

Oracle said:

There is too much offense going on in these forum, too much abuse of power and deceitful actions. So the KoK, or more accurately a certain mod in KoK dilivers incriminating screenshot of Frenzie talking to her friends about giving her a domained access to her accounts. The support immediately use these screenshots as proof, recarnt all evidence that shows, beyond any doubt that Frenzie was hacked. Then they offer her a 75% take it or leave it discount. 

Meantime the mod comes to the forum, deletes all evidence that shows and proofs that Frenzie was hacked, ban members of the forum that have unquestioned evidence showing vulnerability in the system. 

Minutes latter, a CM, not Sergey, edits another CM post, recant a statements that was uttered after the same CM was showed evidence of a hack. Then these CM, locks a topic and tells everyone to shut-up. And post a statements, that doesn't state anything. 

Then members of KoK using alts, post the recanted statements of the CM. They then go on a spree, telling everybody who questions the tenacity of the CM, that they are liars, stupid and idiots for trusting the statements of the CM, and the security teams decision that there is evidence of a hack. 

Questions arise. 

Why was the KoK acting all criminal about these issue, and trying, even after Sergey said there was evidence of a hack, to incriminate Frenzie, and blaming her  inconvenience on account sharing even though there is no evidence to that
Why did someone send old pics to support.

There is no way, I could believe that the ''rebels'' did these criminal action. Nor am I not willing to believe that an inside job to cover these mess up was initiated by the KoK. 

It is also very important to understand the gravity of these situation deeply. 

1. When Sergey stated in these forum that there was a hack, and then recanting these statement. He was immediately in offense, Perjury. Lying in an official statement is a crime, and He knows that, why would he lie. If he knew that what he was stating was a fallacy and that it could get him fired, why did  he do it. 
2. Why was Alina and Biohazard closing all means of communication about these matter. By actively doing these THEY failed, to allow a platform for dialogue, they failed in their duties. Their actions trapped the community in a cycle of misinformation. They failed in their job of being Plarium's representative, In Biohazard case of being players representative. Instead of being a bridge between Plarium and players they became blockers of information.  Biohazard was in no way concerned with these matter. He was never willing to help Frenzie, and I bet he didn't communicate with her or anyone in trying to facilitate these issues. 

I have come to a conclusion that is best to pull the plug on Plarium. My money and time can be spend somewhere else, I am tired of all these stuffs going on here. Covering up a hack is criminal. 

THE RESOLUTION WAS NOT TO YOUR LIKING SO LET'S JUST BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE MISTAKES MADE LEADING TO THE INCIDENT

Your logic is really warped.

1. So you are saying that when someone makes a statement and then changes it due to new facts is not allowed. (you must think you are infallible you smarty-pants)

2. they were closing topics to organise things ... you realise you were spamming the forum with topics and as soon you encountered resistance to your claims you opened an new topic starting all over again ... and even when someone else opened a topic to question how could plarium work out if it was really a hack you started ranting and spamming there too.

3. Forum mods are just forum mods ...  http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-forum-moderator.htm

4. the proof of account being hacked was never shown however the proof of account sharing was. (so who should we believe)

5. You are leaving ORACLE? .... Does that mean we will not see you posting nonsense on the forums? If that is true that this game just got better.

Good bye and good luck

Oracle
27 September, 2017, 4:35 PM UTC

zapelo said:

THE RESOLUTION WAS NOT TO YOUR LIKING SO LET'S JUST BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR THE MISTAKES MADE LEADING TO THE INCIDENT

1. So you are saying that when someone makes a statement and then changes it due to new facts is not allowed. (you must think you are infallible you smarty-pants)

2. they were closing topics to organise things ... you realise you were spamming the forum with topics and as soon you encountered resistance to your claims you opened an new topic starting all over again ... and even when someone else opened a topic to question how could plarium work out if it was really a hack you started ranting and spamming there too.

3. Forum mods are just forum mods ...  http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-forum-moderator.htm

4. the proof of account being hacked was never shown however the proof of account sharing was. (so who should we believe)

5. You are leaving ORACLE? .... Does that mean we will not see you posting nonsense on the forums? If that is true that this game just got better.

Good bye and good luck

1. I never said that. Read what I wrote!

2. I never opned a topic, The KoK however opned 2 topics,even if these matter didn't concern them

3. I was a mod, and I am I still a mod on another game. I moderate other 2 platforms, including a comment section. I run a discussion section on disqus, and am a mod on another disqus forum. I know what is a mod better than you. 

4. The proof was way too old to be used as evidence. I bet if we are to run IP checks these would prove my point. But Plarium, because its protecting criminals is unwilling to do these. 

5. I will leave, But I will not quit yet. I will however cut my time on Plarium.com by 75%, Will no longer log in on weekends and I will not spend EVER AGAIN. My plan is to find a game then quit

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
zapelo
27 September, 2017, 4:46 PM UTC

Oracle said:

zapelo said:

Good bye and good luck

1. I never said that. Read what I wrote!

2. I never opned a topic, The KoK however opned 2 topics,even if these matter didn't concern them

3. I was a mod, and I am I still a mod on another game. I moderate other 2 platforms, including a comment section. I run a discussion section on disqus, and am a mod on another disqus forum. I know what is a mod better than you. 

4. The proof was way too old to be used as evidence. I bet if we are to run IP checks these would prove my point. But Plarium, because its protecting criminals is unwilling to do these. 

5. I will leave, But I will not quit yet. I will however cut my time on Plarium.com by 75%, Will no longer log in on weekends and I will not spend EVER AGAIN. My plan is to find a game then quit

1. Your own words

1. When Sergey stated in these forum that there was a hack, and then recanting these statement. He was immediately in offense, Perjury. Lying in an official statement is a crime, and He knows that, why would he lie. If he knew that what he was stating was a fallacy and that it could get him fired, why did he do it. 

As far as i know that post was updated in light of new facts

2. You did not open a topic but you are spamming the entire forum with mostly nonsense

3. Like i said you are a smarty pants. Have you asked why you are not a mod here anymore?

4. If it happened once who is to say it did not happen more times. I bet if we could check all the IP's and locations of those IP's that were used to access the account the list would be quite long.

5. You could just go you stated that you are a mod on another game. I presume you play it too. So no need to find another game.

Tychi
27 September, 2017, 5:00 PM UTC

There are 2 sides here. 1 bunch on the hacking side, 1 bunch on the account sharing side.

The hacking side is calling for the head of the perpetrator and the other calling the account holder stupid for sharing logins. Now for me both sides seem to miss each others points. Now it seems like Plarium have made their decision regarding the account so for all the people on the 'hacking' side need to like it or lump it that is that (unless new evidence comes to light). I don't like that decision anymore than any of you do.

Now for all you people on the 'Sharing' side should now be doing all you can to find the culprit and get him/her off the game. The worst thing about this is all you 'Sharing' side just wanna kick Frenzie when she’s down when all she done was be naive and stupid. The culprit who did something 10000 times worst is an absolute scumbag who deserves nothing more that to get run over by a bus and bleed out a slow painful death but you all wanna turn a blind eye to it because it took down EMPS. For the people who think like this you are all sad individuals.

So how about all who don't think like that try and find the guilty little scumbag and get them off this game!!!

zapelo
27 September, 2017, 5:12 PM UTC

Tychi said:

There are 2 sides here. 1 bunch on the hacking side, 1 bunch on the account sharing side.

The hacking side is calling for the head of the perpetrator and the other calling the account holder stupid for sharing logins. Now for me both sides seem to miss each others points. Now it seems like Plarium have made their decision regarding the account so for all the people on the 'hacking' side need to like it or lump it that is that (unless new evidence comes to light). I don't like that decision anymore than any of you do.

Now for all you people on the 'Sharing' side should now be doing all you can to find the culprit and get him/her off the game. The worst thing about this is all you 'Sharing' side just wanna kick Frenzie when she’s down when all she done was be naive and stupid. The culprit who did something 10000 times worst is an absolute scumbag who deserves nothing more that to get run over by a bus and bleed out a slow painful death but you all wanna turn a blind eye to it because it took down EMPS. For the people who think like this you are all sad individuals.

So how about all who don't think like that try and find the guilty little scumbag and get them off this game!!!

Honestly i have nothing against Frenzie. My opinion is that yes she was naive and made a mistake but it is a horrible thing what happened to her.

I personally can not stand people initially lying to everyone ... then when someone proves them wrong they start insulting people, throwing  threats around and start warping everything anybody else states to fit their story.

I would very much like to know who did it and exactly how
Oracle
27 September, 2017, 5:21 PM UTC

zapelo said:

1. Your own words

1. When Sergey stated in these forum that there was a hack, and then recanting these statement. He was immediately in offense, Perjury. Lying in an official statement is a crime, and He knows that, why would he lie. If he knew that what he was stating was a fallacy and that it could get him fired, why did he do it. 

2. You did not open a topic but you are spamming the entire forum with mostly nonsense

3. Like i said you are a smarty pants. Have you asked why you are not a mod here anymore?

4. If it happened once who is to say it did not happen more times. I bet if we could check all the IP's and locations of those IP's that were used to access the account the list would be quite long.

5. You could just go you stated that you are a mod on another game. I presume you play it too. So no need to find another game.

1. Perjury is offense. An Official representative of Plarium have lied and mislead the public. That is crime. 

2. Like the nonsense that KoK was posting

3. I know why I am no longer a mod here. Why would I need to ask someone that. I know everything, relating to the reason why I am no longer a mod. Do you want to know?

4. Go ahead and check, and I bet you'll be surprise. But hey we don't want to do that because it will mean that Plarium would have to file charges and start a proper investigation

5. Its charecter based, I am still looking for a management based game. 
zapelo
27 September, 2017, 5:31 PM UTC

Oracle said:

zapelo said:

1. Your own words

1. Perjury is offense. An Official representative of Plarium have lied and mislead the public. That is crime. 

2. Like the nonsense that KoK was posting

3. I know why I am no longer a mod here. Why would I need to ask someone that. I know everything, relating to the reason why I am no longer a mod. Do you want to know?

4. Go ahead and check, and I bet you'll be surprise. But hey we don't want to do that because it will mean that Plarium would have to file charges and start a proper investigation

5. Its charecter based, I am still looking for a management based game. 

1. I see you have no concept of an initial statement in an investigation and updated one after it. So there is no point  in me debating this with you.

3. I know why. Read point 2 in my previous response to you 
Oracle
27 September, 2017, 5:42 PM UTC

zapelo said:

1. I see you have no concept of an initial statement in an investigation and updated one after it. So there is no point  in me debating this with you.

3. I know why. Read point 2 in my previous response to you 

1. Your inability to debate these issue is because you have no argument to back up your ridiculous claim. You make up things and then believe them, and you are latter surprised when someone doesn't believe things you make up. Maybe you should google what is purjury before rattling about and making nonsensical statements.

3. I am afraid that you're wrong. You know sometimes is better, and healthy to ask, rather than make things up.
Gadheras
27 September, 2017, 6:51 PM UTC

Tychi said:

I'm on no ones side, other than what is the truth, or at least what is most plausible. If it happens to Jesus, Satan, or Saint Nick, I don't really care. If it was an "hack" then, prove it was an hack and explain how it made done (and please TECHNICAL). If it was account sharing, then the culprint would been among the people who had access to the account, recently or in the past and tbh, then it would be up to the account holder to weed out who the culprint is, not the rest of the community. 

Wish uppon someone death in real life because of what they did in a game, seems quite radical too. What should the punishment be for some high level dude harrass some low level over and over be? Cut of a finger?

Don't think anyone want to turn a blind eye to anything. Anyone with a history of account share would probably start grow eyes in the back of their heads. There is those that dislike you that will gloat, ther is friends that will be uppset and pissed, and there is a lot that just feel indiffrent over the whole thing. Eventualy the actual truth will come out one way or the other, things like this usually does. 
djmoody
27 September, 2017, 8:01 PM UTC

Oracle said:

I would suggest the following timeline is highly likely:

- The event was reported to them as a hack. The level of account sharing was omitted from the report (and lets face it, realistically none of us would have owned up to that when making the report, we would have chanced our arm as well)

- They checked the IP the event was driven through and it wasn't one used on the account before (because I expect the person hid their tracks through VPN etc). They rushed to a conclusion of hacking.

- They agreed a level of compensation and Sergey made the post he made stating a hack.

- Subsequently they read the forums or were provided additional info by members about the magnitude of the the account sharing on the account. This led them to reconsider the decision and dig deeper. They probably checked the number of IP's that have accessed the account and given the very high number concluded that the account was massively shared.

- I suspect also the original VIP chat person who dealt with the report was not that knowledgeable. If they were told the account access was persisting after a password change they might well conclude hacking. You have to know about the reported problem to know that account sharing could lead to continued access post password change.

- With confusion now as to the cause of the problem, the matter was escalated to a more experienced member of staff who was was aware of the reported problems/vulnerabilities that allow for account sharing to lead to access post password change

- At this point they recanted the original hack comment on the Sergey post because they know had enough knowledge to know it was much more likely to have been caused by account sharing.

- I also suspect they asked Frenzie about the account sharing etc. Having talked to Frenzie a bit, I would hazard a guess that, unlike most of us, she told the truth and confirmed the account sharing info was accurate

- Finally, after a lot of time had elapsed they did check the account properly, saw the linkage and were able to confirm account sharing and fix the security issue to prevent further access (I sure as hell hope they have fixed it now).

Is it a giant conspiracy - no. Is Plarium a smooth running highly professional outfit - no? Were they given all the relevant info to get it right from the start - No? Do all elements of a big corporation talk to each other and share all info - no, the left hand doesn't always know what the right had is doing. 

A well meaning but low grade VIP agent got it wrong initially and it took a more experienced member of staff to sort it out properly.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
1724232 users registered; 43166 topics; 271024 posts; our newest member:toanstsg