EMPERORS LEAGUE WAS HACKER ON 21 SET2017

91 Reply
Tichapaty
22 September, 2017, 9:31 AM UTC

Good day 

I play for enough time , teh most of the players that play as long as i do stop playing long ago.

See whats i have saw , make very sad  .. one thing is playing a war game and win fairly another is hacker a league to win ... this is not playing and this is destroying and make us want to stop play ... I really hope that plarium will solve the issue that happen on Emperors league.

We have an hacker player with the acc Chris111 ( -199 / 2100 ) that took the league as hostage hacker the marshal Frenzie acc ( -1754 / - 9 ) kick almost all te member so they have Rebels downgrade there fortress . We sould all ban this kind of act . I never talk before on a forum ... but this .... no words . Same of the one that had done it ... 

UTC +0:00
ThatGuy
22 September, 2017, 9:37 AM UTC
I'm sorry to hear that happened.  Have you submitted a ticket with that information?  Putting the info on the forum lets other players who are active here know what's going on, but Plarium Support can't act without a ticket and whatever proof is available. 
UTC +6:00
blackwell.dale
22 September, 2017, 1:47 PM UTC
Tichapaty said:

Good day 

I play for enough time , teh most of the players that play as long as i do stop playing long ago.

See whats i have saw , make very sad  .. one thing is playing a war game and win fairly another is hacker a league to win ... this is not playing and this is destroying and make us want to stop play ... I really hope that plarium will solve the issue that happen on Emperors league.

We have an hacker player with the acc Chris111 ( -199 / 2100 ) that took the league as hostage hacker the marshal Frenzie acc ( -1754 / - 9 ) kick almost all te member so they have Rebels downgrade there fortress . We sould all ban this kind of act . I never talk before on a forum ... but this .... no words . Same of the one that had done it ... 

UTC +7:00
blackwell.dale
22 September, 2017, 1:48 PM UTC
You should contact the FBI or your local police on this one and this is sickening
UTC +7:00
Tommy Lee
22 September, 2017, 1:54 PM UTC

It is my hope that Plarium will find a way to make this right and to rid the game of that person and all associated with him.

Geaorge
22 September, 2017, 2:35 PM UTC

This isnt the first time something like this has happened. Not long ago Bobthedog also was supposedly hacked. The common denominator is that both these times the person shared their login with others. Plarium is very clear that sharing your login with others is a no no yet both these players did this and both these players payed the price for it.

What happened is wrong on many levels.. There is no honor in winning that way but it would have never happened if either of these players played by the rules. 

Lesson to be learned is follow Plarium rules and dont share your login with others. 
UTC +6:00
Tommy Lee
22 September, 2017, 3:30 PM UTC

There seems to be much talk about what hacking is or is not. I want to hope there are enough right thinking people in this game to understand it is not the HOW that is most important. It is the WHO and the WHY and HOW it was used or misused. 

There are times even in a war game when a line needs to be drawn. 

As an example. Many years ago on the facebook servers a post was made asking if it was a good idea to make League attacks able to be used against castles. The response from marshals and players alike from all sized leagues was remarkable. There could be no honor left in the game if that was ever put into place and used.

Perhaps it is once again time for honor to be restored in the game by the players if no one else.

DragonFire
djmoody
22 September, 2017, 5:47 PM UTC

It would be good to talk less about hacking, given the account was known to be account shared.

Given this post is a little more sensible that the original one in discussion which was "hacked! Plarium must sort out" - which they clearly shouldn't sort out because it's company policy not to support account sharing (for the obvious reasons they don't want to / can't afford to run around sorting out the mess after account sharing happens) - I'll add some thoughts.

I feel sorry for Frenzie. Have talked to her in TS. She seem nice, friendly. Wouldn't wish the loss of everything on an account on anyway. It is though worth noting that she has lost troops that someone else purchased and paid for. Changes the sympathy level a bit versus someone who lost what they worked for or personally paid for.

Not sure how I feel about the dropping of members from the league. Whilst the damage was done through the stupidity of account sharing, that stupidity wasn't perpetrated by the rank and file members of the league. So there are a lot of people hurting through the loss of their league and community that haven't personally done anything to deserve that. That doesn't sit too well with me.

A 3rd party league, "Unforgiven Knights", will have lost troops in the attacks that killed Frenzie's account. They are blameless. It's pretty unfair to them.

Where I diverge from a lot of people here is whether this is appropriate gameplay. Like a few posters on the other thread I have played Eve. The tone of that game is if you open yourself up to abuse, or make stupid mistakes other exploit then that is your look out. Spying and espionage are encouraged. They are seem as part of the wide variety of sandbox play available in the game.

Spying and espionage have been part of this game also. Before most people's time, but KoCII was infiltrated by a spy to the point that the spy became marshal. The player was able to sow a lot of seeds that led to the demise of KoK I & 2. Whilst KoK were an ally and I was sad for them I couldn't help but have a begrudging respect for the months of time, effort and considerable skill that it took to execute the espionage.

Same in this case. There are people I feel sorry for given the fallout and how it impacts them. But also I have some respect for how much time, effort and skill it must have taken to gain the trust and become part of the inner circle of Emps to pull this off. 

This game was reasonable simple to begin with. The few areas where skill, knowledge and experience made a difference have been steadily eroded away by coining updates. Virtually the only ways skill still plays a part is in the meta game. The human interactions outside of the confines of the code where friendships, alliances, feuds, diplomacy, spying and espionage take place are the only areas where player skill exerts and influence. In game its just credit card spending.

So I can't help but see this as Emps getting totally outplayed. This didn't just happen, it I suspect it took months in the planning if not years.

While the outcome is really harsh on a lot of people and it maybe outside of what I personally would do, it actually represents how the sandbox, the meta-game creates content way more complex, interesting and challenging than the code itself. I think this is the crux of why we play MMO's, to interact with the biggest challenge of all, other people. MMO's are in part a reaction to playing solo games versus a computer AI's that don't react, evolve their strategy, or do anything out of the ordinary.

So if Plarium reset everything, provided compensation, this would squash everything that is good about MMO's. It would be tantamount to saying we are on train tracks and any deviation from the expect path wouldn't be allowed. Losing the freedom for players to make their own gameplay out of the original tools provided by the developer would be a MASSIVE step backwards.

So how would I feel if this happened to my league.

- First off I wouldn't stop screaming at my marshal for being so stupid for a good week

- I would scramble to try and pull the league back together as best possible

- I expect I would petition Plarium the same way Emps are doing, hoping a magic wand would fix the damage

- But I would also be begrudging accepting that we just got totally outplayed and had our arses handed to us

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Oracle
22 September, 2017, 5:56 PM UTC

djmoody said:

It would be good to talk less about hacking, given the account was known to be account shared.

Given this post is a little more sensible that the original one in discussion which was "hacked! Plarium must sort out" - which they clearly shouldn't sort out because it's company policy not to support account sharing (for the obvious reasons they don't want to / can't afford to run around sorting out the mess after account sharing happens) - I'll add some thoughts.

I feel sorry for Frenzie. Have talked to her in TS. She seem nice, friendly. Wouldn't wish the loss of everything on an account on anyway. It is though worth noting that she has lost troops that someone else purchased and paid for. Changes the sympathy level a bit versus someone who lost what they worked for or personally paid for.

Not sure how I feel about the dropping of members from the league. Whilst the damage was done through the stupidity of account sharing, that stupidity wasn't perpetrated by the rank and file members of the league. So there are a lot of people hurting through the loss of their league and community that haven't personally done anything to deserve that. That doesn't sit too well with me.

A 3rd party league, "Unforgiven Knights", will have lost troops in the attacks that killed Frenzie's account. They are blameless. It's pretty unfair to them.

Where I diverge from a lot of people here is whether this is appropriate gameplay. Like a few posters on the other thread I have played Eve. The tone of that game is if you open yourself up to abuse, or make stupid mistakes other exploit then that is your look out. Spying and espionage are encouraged. They are seem as part of the wide variety of sandbox play available in the game.

Spying and espionage have been part of this game also. Before most people's time, but KoCII was infiltrated by a spy to the point that the spy became marshal. The player was able to sow a lot of seeds that led to the demise of KoK I & 2. Whilst KoK were an ally and I was sad for them I couldn't help but have a begrudging respect for the months of time, effort and considerable skill that it took to execute the espionage.

Same in this case. There are people I feel sorry for given the fallout and how it impacts them. But also I have some respect for how much time, effort and skill it must have taken to gain the trust and become part of the inner circle of Emps to pull this off. 

This game was reasonable simple to begin with. The few areas where skill, knowledge and experience made a difference have been steadily eroded away by coining updates. Virtually the only ways skill still plays a part is in the meta game. The human interactions outside of the confines of the code where friendships, alliances, feuds, diplomacy, spying and espionage take place are the only areas where player skill exerts and influence. In game its just credit card spending.

So I can't help but see this as Emps getting totally outplayed. This didn't just happen, it I suspect it took months in the planning if not years.

While the outcome is really harsh on a lot of people and it maybe outside of what I personally would do, it actually represents how the sandbox, the meta-game creates content way more complex, interesting and challenging than the code itself. I think this is the crux of why we play MMO's, to interact with the biggest challenge of all, other people. MMO's are in part a reaction to playing solo games versus a computer AI's that don't react, evolve their strategy, or do anything out of the ordinary.

So if Plarium reset everything, provided compensation, this would squash everything that is good about MMO's. It would be tantamount to saying we are on train tracks and any deviation from the expect path wouldn't be allowed. Losing the freedom for players to make their own gameplay out of the original tools provided by the developer would be a MASSIVE step backwards.

- First off I wouldn't stop screaming at my marshal for being so stupid for a good week

- I expect I would petition Plarium the same way Emps are doing, hoping a magic wand would fix the damage

- But I would also be begrudging accepting that we just got totally outplayed and had our arses handed to us

As I have explained the is no WAY that the account was cracked, These is a factor arising from my knowledge of Frenzie. 

The account was hacked, Frenzie even said so. A ticket was launched, the security team investigated and found out that the account was not cracked(illegal entering of account by knowing credential) but by hacked( using vulnerability in the system, eg Plarium.com to access the account)

Stop spreading false information about this matter and leave it to Plarium and players who care like me. 

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Oracle
22 September, 2017, 6:06 PM UTC

To expalin again. The account was hacked, not cracked. hacking and cracking are different. 

Hacking

Hacking, is the act of stealing personal or private data, without the owner's knowledge or consent, it could also include other things like stealing passwords, creating a bot net, or pretty much any act that breaches someone's privacy, without their knowledge, or consent.

Cracking

a cracker - looks for back doors in programs, and exploits those back doors. A cracker normally knows the person credentials. ( this was not the case, as the CM said it was a Hack, and didn't arrise from previous sharing of information. 

its not the same as Dog's case. 

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Tychi
22 September, 2017, 6:17 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Excellent post DJ I must say and I pretty much agree but this goes way way below the belt for me. 

Also saying that someone else purchased the troops in that account is not entirely true. A lot of Frenzie own money went into that. This is where things for me get really annoying. That account was worth 1000's of dollars (ofc not to buy as but to build). When people have used hard earned cash then it is just plain wrong.

Another part that doesn't sit well with me is for anyone who had knowledge of this before the Fortress hit is just as bad as the 'Hacker' imo. Well maybe that's not quite true as you could argue some people had some grudges with Emps and would have seen it as an opportunity to hit Emps whereas that opportunity would never have arise. Still below the belt imo.

djmoody
22 September, 2017, 6:50 PM UTC

Yeah I agree with you.

It's below my personal belt also. It isn't something that I would do. 

If I were to espionage it would be to sow discord and distrust to break the cohesiveness of a league and try and pull it apart from the inside, not just press the self destruct button and kick all the members.

I will try and find out how much Jez knew about what had happened. Might simply have been shown SS of the def and been none the wiser that it was lowert than it should have been. It's not like it was dropped to 100m or something where it was obvious there was something wrong.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
djmoody
22 September, 2017, 7:09 PM UTC

Oracle said:

Stop spreading false information about this matter and leave it to Plarium and players who care like me. 

At virtually the same time you wrote that, a CM was posting to me that the investigation was ongoing.

So who is lying you or the the CM?

Arutha
23 September, 2017, 4:52 AM UTC
In a game such as this spying and subterfuge is a necessary strategy  to gain position on your opponents just as much as it is to gain superior strength. However to blatantly go in and steal someones account with intent to destroy it is in no other words but wrong. There is no Honor no matter how it is put. We all joined this game to have fun. There is no true enemy just opponents who strive to use their guiles and even coin to gain an edge. What was done to Frenzie and her league, Emperors, was unethical in any gaming community. Even if she gave her info in trust and that trust was broken it is still theft of her identity . If there is no Honor or Integrity in this game what is the use in playing it.
UTC +5:00
Trentos
23 September, 2017, 11:23 AM UTC

Great post Arutha. 

A low act indeed, but seems plenty fellow players that will make excuses for the culprit/s. That is the really sad part in this entire incident. Long time players using their influential voices to somehow say this is part of some meta-game? WTF!!! So I will add my opinion as the likes of DJMoody and co selectively choose to ignore the obvious facts.

As far as I am concerned

a) Emperors played their game and recently knocked a league off their beacons

b) Somebody obtains and used the leader of Emps credentials to suicide their army. Players are kicked weakening Emperors fortress

c) Within a short timeframe a couple of leagues combine (primarily those that lost their beacons) to downgrade Emperors fortress. Shadows Edge claim that they were simply taking a rare opportunity to repay some ancient debt. They waste 100million in alt account offence (note not their own hard earnt troops) as a softener to assist this league. The marshal of Shadows Edge admits she was asked to help but still chooses to play innocent.

Is it just me? Or do others find this chain of events a bit suss? Personally, if Plarium does not take action against the perpetrators I will probably leave the game. After all, why waste time playing a game that is filled with people that have no morals. As my grandfather once told me "you hang around with losers, you will become a loser". Seems that this game has become a breeding ground for sorry excuses for human beings and will now do anything to draw pretty pictures on the map.

UTC +11:00
vakonziko
23 September, 2017, 11:31 AM UTC
Trentos said:

Great post Arutha. 

A low act indeed, but seems plenty fellow players that will make excuses for the culprit/s. That is the really sad part in this entire incident. Long time players using their influential voices to somehow say this is part of some meta-game? WTF!!! So I will add my opinion as the likes of DJMoody and co selectively choose to ignore the obvious facts.

As far as I am concerned

a) Emperors played their game and recently knocked a league off their beacons

b) Somebody obtains and used the leader of Emps credentials to suicide their army. Players are kicked weakening Emperors fortress

c) Within a short timeframe a couple of leagues combine (primarily those that lost their beacons) to downgrade Emperors fortress. Shadows Edge claim that they were simply taking a rare opportunity to repay some ancient debt. They waste 100million in alt account offence (note not their own hard earnt troops) as a softener to assist this league. The marshal of Shadows Edge admits she was asked to help but still chooses to play innocent.

Is it just me? Or do others find this chain of events a bit suss? Personally, if Plarium does not take action against the perpetrators I will probably leave the game. After all, why waste time playing a game that is filled with people that have no morals. As my grandfather once told me "you hang around with losers, you will become a loser". Seems that this game has become a breeding ground for sorry excuses for human beings and will now do anything to draw pretty pictures on the map.

Because that Djmoody is low life jealous scumbag. He will never afford what emps had nor emps enemys, so they choose to hack account and destroy their game in cowardly ways. You should ignore them lol.
djmoody
23 September, 2017, 11:55 AM UTC

Arutha said:

In a game such as this spying and subterfuge is a necessary strategy  to gain position on your opponents just as much as it is to gain superior strength. However to blatantly go in and steal someones account with intent to destroy it is in no other words but wrong. There is no Honor no matter how it is put. We all joined this game to have fun. There is no true enemy just opponents who strive to use their guiles and even coin to gain an edge. What was done to Frenzie and her league, Emperors, was unethical in any gaming community. Even if she gave her info in trust and that trust was broken it is still theft of her identity . If there is no Honor or Integrity in this game what is the use in playing it.

There is a very easy counter to that.

Why should someone or a league enjoy the benefits of account sharing which is against the rules of the game and gain an advantage over leagues who chose not to cheat.

We can safely assume Plarium will never do anything about that because it takes too much time and effort (same as monitoriing for multi-accounting and closing down the bots).

If you choose to account share then you take a risk your account will be hijacked weighting that up against the benefits of the cheating.

It's difficult to argue that an unethical cheat without honour should be afforded a defense on ethical and honor grounds. Quite difficult to claim the moral high ground here isn't it.

Not only was this account shared but it appears to be common knowledge that up to 15-20 people have had access to it. It was mega shared possibly the biggest shared account in the game. People other than the true owner have conducted activities including leagues strikes and believe it or not replying to mails on it. This is well known among Emps leadership, which puts the honesty and integrity of a lot of recent posts in doubt.

Vakonziko said:

Because that Djmoody is low life jealous scumbag. He will never afford what emps had nor emps enemys, so they choose to hack account and destroy their game in cowardly ways. You should ignore them lol.

I always cringe a little when I see posts like that. 

Partly because the lack of intelligence implied is a sad reflection on the quality human race. Partly because we all deserve to be able to air, discuss and share our views without being swamped with this kind of non-content BS that now seems to run rampant in the Facebook, Twitterverse. 

In a small way. everyday, you making the world a worse place.

Trentos
23 September, 2017, 12:20 PM UTC

So DJMoody, you support the use of an alt account to take part in the softening blows? We all have access to stats and can see who was involved in the Shadows Edge hit. 

Seems you have one rule for you friends and some distorted view of the world when it comes to those you hold grudges against? Do you understand how some could see your comments as complicit to this entire affair?

I can now see why Plarium didn't want you as a moderator. Sure, you stick your beak into everything, but I'd say most of your posts are biased and generally damaging to the game. Please keep in mind before posting on this issue again that many others that play the game have a real life and not driven by their egos to lower themselves to some cheating 'meta-game' you support.

UTC +11:00
Oracle
23 September, 2017, 12:28 PM UTC

vakonziko said:

You shouldn't make baseless fallacious comments like that. I hate DJ too, and he hate me too. But making such comments it not cool man. 

Take time to reflect on your actions. All harsh words are Himsha, and Himsha against a man who is innocent is Wanton Himsha. and that is very bad. not for you. But for everyone. 

These is another one of your friend?

djmoody
23 September, 2017, 12:35 PM UTC

Trentos said:

So DJMoody, you support the use of an alt account to take part in the softening blows? We all have access to stats and can see who was involved in the Shadows Edge hit. 

Seems you have one rule for you friends and some distorted view of the world when it comes to those you hold grudges against? Do you understand how some could see your comments as complicit to this entire affair?

I can now see why Plarium didn't want you as a moderator. Sure, you stick your beak into everything, but I'd say most of your posts are biased and generally damaging to the game. Please keep in mind before posting on this issue again that many others that play the game have a real life and not driven by their egos to lower themselves to some cheating 'meta-game' you support.

I haven't offered any opinions on the softening blows. 

So again the level of debate to simply put words into my mouth is disappointingly low. 

My view on alts, is that we have had many debates about them on the forums but in the end Plarium were never willing to enforce the rule. In that vacuum players of all sides have used alts. Shin, for instance, has managed to post propaganda posts for Emps on multiple accounts in ths forum. So to point fingers at any particular group, pretending that use of alts isn't endemic in all leagues is simply devoid of integrity.

With regards to bias. It has no bearing on my opinion whether this was Emps or anyone else. I argued exactly the same on the Bob the Dog issue which related to KT/Anarchy (actually one of the accounts came into KoK so it comp would have benefited us). And I would have the same view even if it were a KoK member - "you lost out due to your own stupidity, don't cry to me about it". 

But there are three principles at stake here that I am willing to put my neck out for (and I know i will be the target of lots of hater for putting forward the arguments and discussing it):

1. That Plarium shouldn't have to waste time and resource investigating issue caused by people's own actions. That is why they have the rule. There isn't much resource in this game for support or new development, to have it used up like that is detrimental to all the other sensible users

2. That if you live by the sword you should die by it. Account share for the benefits (which is cheating) then when it goes wrong you should at least have to face the consequences. It's bad enough Plarium don't enforce the rules but if they actively support the people that break them the situation is hopeless

3. Consistency. I think we all know the account will be compensated in some form, probably at a compromise level (not fully). That won't be consistent with the Bog the Dog incident. And it won't be consistent with the treatment a normal player submitting a ticket would get. The game is hopelessly unbalanced as it is, to add to that coiners get preferential treatment in all areas regardless of their actions is a death knell for the game

So when Plarium finally comp this account (and they will) we will be in a situation where the rules of the game aren't worth the paper they are written on.

1722162 users registered; 42793 topics; 271914 posts; our newest member:berko2118