The end of KT as we know it ....

The end of KT as we know it ....

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 27, 2017, 02:1908/27/17
12/18/14
BBQ Chips said:

I would not say that KT is dying, but positioning itself with the limitations of game play implemented by the developers. All leagues go through change within this game, which makes it cyclical in nature. Players come and go, but it is the foundation and integrity of our players that have allowed KT to flourish for all these years and years to come.
couldn't agree more - excellent response - cheers!!  
Aug 27, 2017, 06:1508/27/17
12/22/14

1. We support our leader Rizzo and stand together as a league.

2. AS BBQ Chips told, sometimes one has to adapt his strategy to game mechanics. Adapt or die - that's not only true in RL. This is not the end of a league but an important step to keep it alive.

3. We are confident, that the developers will come up with an appropriate solution for the problem, that people alerady pointed out here (see posts by Jezebel e.g. Maybe a better incentive for beacons + increased amount of becon levels or whatever, we're sure they find something.

4. Sometimes it's not bad when a league goes thru hardship. This seperates the loyal from the tag-along and winning-team-joiner.

Aug 27, 2017, 10:3508/27/17
03/20/14

It was inevitable after the way the game has changed.

Anarchy had to actually test hit and probe here and there to find the numbers which means that their Intel has lowered with a spy's in league demotion Which is a good thing, That means they had to do it the old fashion way which is fair play in my eyes.

The back breaker was other leagues getting up to the minute def numbers so they could avoid the mobile def here by 2 min and then there by 5 min.

Thats hard to counter, So we placed the extra def where it was needed to hold what we hold right now. Which in turn stopped Anarchy in their tracks after they probed again.

And a final word, bcn def spy! if you are playing lurker in chat while you send info you shouldnt put in a building upgrade req dum dum.
Aug 27, 2017, 12:0608/27/17
07/30/14

Stewart_KT1 said:

It was inevitable after the way the game has changed.

Anarchy had to actually test hit and probe here and there to find the numbers which means that their Intel has lowered with a spy's in league demotion Which is a good thing, That means they had to do it the old fashion way which is fair play in my eyes.

The back breaker was other leagues getting up to the minute def numbers so they could avoid the mobile def here by 2 min and then there by 5 min.

Thats hard to counter, So we placed the extra def where it was needed to hold what we hold right now. Which in turn stopped Anarchy in their tracks after they probed again.

And a final word, bcn def spy! if you are playing lurker in chat while you send info you shouldnt put in a building upgrade req dum dum.

I do not recall any league other than Anarchy and myself that hit your beacons.

Rizzo told Me I missed the def hammer by a minute or so.

Although you might not believe me I do give my word I have no spy or got any info on your beacons other than my own test hits and 2 ss of tests from Anarchy.

I did however ask DV what you had in the remaining 3 lvl 5 beacons but even after he left he was honor bound and would not give it out.

What is a "bcn def spy" ?

Like I said up top it is better hitting beacons than castles game mechanics has made it this way.

And even though I do not like KT for what some of their players stand for I must say that KT has earned respect for what they have accomplished.

By what means they accomplished it is on them, but respect none the less.

Whether this is the end of KT only time will tell.

Aug 27, 2017, 12:3208/27/17
03/20/14

"bcn def spy"  Beacon defensive numbers spy.

im curious to see how some members handle this fork in the road,  "separate the wheat from the chaff" some might say.

Aug 27, 2017, 17:4308/27/17
07/11/13

Stewart_KT1 said:

im curious to see how some members handle this fork in the road,  "separate the wheat from the chaff" some might say.

all less beacons mean is less De.. which.. I would assume most KT members have most/all D darkened and maybe even their O darkened by now.

Holding a few core beacons is something that is always on the mind of every good beacon holding league... The question is  if they are willing to play the long and smart gameplan and be willing to drop beacons temporarily.

Glad to see that KT has taken the smart route and is willing to play the long game.
Aug 27, 2017, 19:4308/27/17
08/03/14
Skycooldude said:

Stewart_KT1 said:

all less beacons mean is less De.. which.. I would assume most KT members have most/all D darkened and maybe even their O darkened by now.

Holding a few core beacons is something that is always on the mind of every good beacon holding league... The question is  if they are willing to play the long and smart gameplan and be willing to drop beacons temporarily.

Glad to see that KT has taken the smart route and is willing to play the long game.

with 2 years left in the game, what is the long game?
Aug 27, 2017, 22:5308/27/17
Aug 27, 2017, 22:53(edited)
05/30/14

Hello Roftie,

Thats what I like about you so far from the reality. You challenge the word of DoomieUK.....well theres a first for the game.

But Roftie, I was hoping to chat to you 1:1 and plans for you to join KT.

I believe KT could use your experience and skill in this changing game. Let me know friend

Happy gaming

DoomieUK

Aug 28, 2017, 02:4508/28/17
07/11/13
IronApex Turok said:

Skycooldude said:

Stewart_KT1 said:

with 2 years left in the game, what is the long game?
the long game is to be around for the "big bang"
Aug 28, 2017, 06:5108/28/17
07/30/14

DoomieUK said:

Hello Roftie,

Thats what I like about you so far from the reality. You challenge the word of DoomieUK.....well theres a first for the game.

But Roftie, I was hoping to chat to you 1:1 and plans for you to join KT.

I believe KT could use your experience and skill in this changing game. Let me know friend

Happy gaming

DoomieUK

LOL CAN not contain my laughter on joining KT ....Thanks for that.

You know where to find me.

Let me know Ill meet you on TS 

Have fun.

Aug 28, 2017, 16:4508/28/17
07/09/14
Well said BBQ Chips. We are in a time of reorganization, as is good for any group to do from time to time. The game has changed, the players must also adapt to the changes. KT is doing well with Rizzo at the helm. 
Aug 29, 2017, 02:2108/29/17
09/29/14

DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

I haven't had the time to read all the posts here, BUT the title says "The end of KT as we know it".

I guess some would have this assumption, but the real truth is we place our defence where it is required.

Anarchy hit our beacons, but hardly any defence was lost. We have the beacons back and WE will level them when we have the right amount of defence.

The right amount of defence? If you lost nothing how come you dont have "the right amount of defence" anymore?

Anarchy took 1st and 2nd place on the pvp tournament and had another 6 players in the top 20. Unless Balur is giving out free points I would say we did kill quite a bit. 

Aug 29, 2017, 04:2108/29/17
Aug 29, 2017, 04:24(edited)
03/20/14

yogozo72 said:

DoomieUK said:

The right amount of defence? If you lost nothing how come you dont have "the right amount of defence" anymore?

Anarchy took 1st and 2nd place on the pvp tournament and had another 6 players in the top 20. Unless Balur is giving out free points I would say we did kill quite a bit. 

I would put it as yes we lost some but not a great deal.

"the right amount of defence" anymore? Any person who knows the game will tell you that the right amount of def to hold a beacon is NOW more than it used to be.

As for the PvP tournament? did all the other beacons you hit of other leagues have exactly zero troops in them? none at all?

EDIT

Im sorry, i just checked your profile and realised that you have done nothing to learn from, Sorry about expecting more.

Sep 1, 2017, 17:1809/01/17

Stewart said:

yogozo72 said:

DoomieUK said:

"the right amount of defence" anymore? Any person who knows the game will tell you that the right amount of def to hold a beacon is NOW more than it used to be.

As for the PvP tournament? did all the other beacons you hit of other leagues have exactly zero troops in them? none at all?

EDIT

Im sorry, i just checked your profile and realised that you have done nothing to learn from, Sorry about expecting more.

As my loyalty to KT was ended with a knife in the back I can safely say that Anarchy hitting KT beacons is a serious concern among its members.
More then one player has left in frustration after yet another beacon being lost without any information from leadership.
Even worse, the call to withdraw troops from beacon wasnt send my leagueblast but in a personal mail to individual players ...

That resulting in some players loosing 75-90% of their defence as they werent trusted enough to be kept upto date!
I can tell you that they werent amused but even after loosing all their defence were still not trusted enough to be informed that only they lost anything ... talking about foul play.

Feedback from other major leagues (top 5 leagues) , and I quote ...
"We never had any problems or major incidents with KT untill Rizzo took over"

Rizzo is a coiner that only started playing a shot time ago ... lol he has admitted serveral times in talks that he has no real experience in gameplay, tactics and diplo.
He can be pushed around pretty easily, he is to "young" to be able to put his foot down and protect his league ... a league filled with alts tbh

Sep 2, 2017, 08:4809/02/17
10/31/14

Marcel Stokvis said:

Stewart said:

yogozo72 said:

DoomieUK said:

EDIT

As my loyalty to KT was ended with a knife in the back I can safely say that Anarchy hitting KT beacons is a serious concern among its members.
More then one player has left in frustration after yet another beacon being lost without any information from leadership.
Even worse, the call to withdraw troops from beacon wasnt send my leagueblast but in a personal mail to individual players ...

That resulting in some players loosing 75-90% of their defence as they werent trusted enough to be kept upto date!
I can tell you that they werent amused but even after loosing all their defence were still not trusted enough to be informed that only they lost anything ... talking about foul play.

Feedback from other major leagues (top 5 leagues) , and I quote ...
"We never had any problems or major incidents with KT untill Rizzo took over"

Rizzo is a coiner that only started playing a shot time ago ... lol he has admitted serveral times in talks that he has no real experience in gameplay, tactics and diplo.
He can be pushed around pretty easily, he is to "young" to be able to put his foot down and protect his league ... a league filled with alts tbh

We all know that, and I have a database of most KT alts and KT alts leagues which I wanted to publish before I got a ban, probably to silence me. The forum has long being captured, that we also know. KT seen in Plarium office, that we also know of. 

That DV is a vengeful  and angry at KT for being kicked out and spreading conspiracy theories about KT that no one knows of. 

Sep 6, 2017, 23:4009/06/17
05/30/14

Oracle said:

We all know that, and I have a database of most KT alts and KT alts leagues which I wanted to publish before I got a ban, probably to silence me. The forum has long being captured, that we also know. KT seen in Plarium office, that we also know of. That DV is a vengeful and angry at KT for being kicked out and spreading conspiracy theories about KT that no one knows of.

Hello All,

I must say Oracle you really disappoint me about the statement above. I hope you completed a database with other leagues to publish your findings on them.

I have always valued and supported your views in the forums, but this is wearing thin, when it is so obvious you criticize the KT league. I am part of the KT league and its actually beginning to offend me.

You got a BAN for being unfair with your observations. I hope my words will make you think again before you comment about the KT FAMILY 

The KT story continues 

DoomieUK

Sep 22, 2017, 15:3909/22/17
05/10/16
Dutch you really crack me up, your comments should really motivate other leagues to want you in their ranks so you can bash them when you leave. The words you had for Crusher and the intel you provided on anarchy when you joined should make them real happy to have you back. A proud moment. Its funny you talk about isolation of soldiers and troop placement when you hardly attended a command meeting but you were completely on board with the protection of everyone in the leagues defense by misdirecting a handful of player who were thought could be alts. Basically what all leagues do if they could. Dutch your a dinosaur you haven't rolled with the changes in Stormfall, You publicly denounced my plans in chat after barbecuing another for doing the same thing. You refused to defend the beacons or conform to league rules on defense totals required, you think your a premadonna in castle defense but as your friend and ally during your time here you know i know you didnt do much. As for your comment about my time in game and im a coiner, yes and yes, i have 1.5 years here and yes i spend money. There is no doubt by anyone in KT or other leagues I deal with that I have a complete grip on the current state of affairs, what you did 3 years ago i could careless but i do study the past in respect to the game and those who played long before me. I dont need to list the changes ive implemented for KT and its sister leagues, everybody whos anybody can see it. We have cut out the drama queens and are focused on our league events, our level 1 traps, and offensive forces that was displayed during the massacre. Dutch i stood up for you over and over as player left because of you, even brought you back after you tried to lead us into war with FOH over some jerk off in KT2 was baiting FOH into defensive traps and instead of being diplomatic about it you led the charge to destroy FOH and luckily i was logged on to stop you. Yet I was the bad guy because your diplo skillz were so far superior to mine, lets see, a KT2 guy is begging FOH to hit where he has 15 alt castle defenses in his castle, we booted him earlier for it, and he sneaks in to KT2 you know about him but you go to war over him, in the name of KT, thats not diplo Dutch thats bully. Just like every league we are aligned with now you contact and demand they break ally status or you'll kill their beacons like you did legion latino, Just sad that someone who shared his life outside the game is so hateful
Sep 24, 2017, 21:4909/24/17
03/01/15

vakonziko said:

djmoody said:

vakonziko said:

You can do the same with defence, build it and buy it, buy a def hammer.

Well you can't easily buy a defensive hammer as the price is about 3 times more expensive. It's not just the ego that makes all the coiners offence although that is a lot of it)

Also it's not possible to maintain offence and do BG's because the split payouts aren't done right. Done on troop numbers not on resource so armies quickly become offence when put through BGs. e.g. a defence split payout on griffens/dragons is only 50/50 defence and offence.

I made a post over a year ago which has a full analysis of why offence dominates the game and actions Plarium should take on prices and BG mechanics to fix it. Got totally ignored and we live the broken game now.

There is nothing to celebrate in this thread. A great league dropping it's beacons and defending just a couple to counter a purchased hammer of 3 people (if the Anarchy spending is as it was, it's just 2 people). 

The thread should really be entitled 'living proof of everything that is wrong with the game' (no disrespect to either league, it is what it is, players just playing the game infront of them)

We have a very unique thingy, its called undead dragons. I believe nobody builds renegades for off hammer or any off player, but everyone who builds defence, do them. So super rich players can coin amulets and building queues. I know bg mechanics, its difficult to avoid split payout but there is a way to avoid it.

For the sake of argument, lets say that someone did decide to coin a massive, 2 billion force strength, defensive hammer.  For a beacon massacre event, they decide to keep their league's corner beacons secure by putting 1 billion defense in each corner beacon.  For a hammer with such large amounts of force, 10% losses is still pretty big, so you'd think this would be a deterrent to potential attackers.  However, here is where the attackers have a massive advantage.  Many players see beacon massacres as an opportunity to gain wisdom levels, rank up their troops, and get bigger points for any PvP or beacon tournaments up at the same time as the massacre.  Beacon massacre events are the easiest time to find people willing to provide softening blows.  They get all that benefit and lose only 10%...a much smaller price for players who are not hammers.  So, the softening blows rain in from multiple leagues and then the hammers roar in to finish the job and take minimal losses plus they get back 90% of what they did lose.  So the defense hammer lost 10% of 1 billion twice (assuming the forces were completely killed off) while the attackers distributed their losses among several leagues, keeping the hammers near full strength.  

Even big leagues like KT are not immune to this bias toward offense.  As it gets harder and harder to hold beacons, more leagues are choosing to go attack dog and ditch the beacon game altogether.  One of the biggest things that kept beacons secure was the threat of retaliation, but when leagues have little or nothing to lose, fear of retaliation goes out the window.  

Sep 25, 2017, 18:0109/25/17
Sep 25, 2017, 18:02(edited)
11/30/14
Red said:

vakonziko said:

djmoody said:

vakonziko said:

You can do the same with defence, build it and buy it, buy a def hammer.

Well you can't easily buy a defensive hammer as the price is about 3 times more expensive. It's not just the ego that makes all the coiners offence although that is a lot of it)

Also it's not possible to maintain offence and do BG's because the split payouts aren't done right. Done on troop numbers not on resource so armies quickly become offence when put through BGs. e.g. a defence split payout on griffens/dragons is only 50/50 defence and offence.

I made a post over a year ago which has a full analysis of why offence dominates the game and actions Plarium should take on prices and BG mechanics to fix it. Got totally ignored and we live the broken game now.

There is nothing to celebrate in this thread. A great league dropping it's beacons and defending just a couple to counter a purchased hammer of 3 people (if the Anarchy spending is as it was, it's just 2 people). 

The thread should really be entitled 'living proof of everything that is wrong with the game' (no disrespect to either league, it is what it is, players just playing the game infront of them)

We have a very unique thingy, its called undead dragons. I believe nobody builds renegades for off hammer or any off player, but everyone who builds defence, do them. So super rich players can coin amulets and building queues. I know bg mechanics, its difficult to avoid split payout but there is a way to avoid it.

For the sake of argument, lets say that someone did decide to coin a massive, 2 billion force strength, defensive hammer.  For a beacon massacre event, they decide to keep their league's corner beacons secure by putting 1 billion defense in each corner beacon.  For a hammer with such large amounts of force, 10% losses is still pretty big, so you'd think this would be a deterrent to potential attackers.  However, here is where the attackers have a massive advantage.  Many players see beacon massacres as an opportunity to gain wisdom levels, rank up their troops, and get bigger points for any PvP or beacon tournaments up at the same time as the massacre.  Beacon massacre events are the easiest time to find people willing to provide softening blows.  They get all that benefit and lose only 10%...a much smaller price for players who are not hammers.  So, the softening blows rain in from multiple leagues and then the hammers roar in to finish the job and take minimal losses plus they get back 90% of what they did lose.  So the defense hammer lost 10% of 1 billion twice (assuming the forces were completely killed off) while the attackers distributed their losses among several leagues, keeping the hammers near full strength.  

Even big leagues like KT are not immune to this bias toward offense.  As it gets harder and harder to hold beacons, more leagues are choosing to go attack dog and ditch the beacon game altogether.  One of the biggest things that kept beacons secure was the threat of retaliation, but when leagues have little or nothing to lose, fear of retaliation goes out the window.  

Lol when you hit such WoD with softening blows you dont even feel a bite. But I don't see beacon massacre as opportunity, it was your idea and its obviously bad because it sounds like one player has to stack that beacon, and its bad because its a beacon. I prefer other traps to catch solo players offensive hammer instead of 3x v 1 in beacon.
Oct 8, 2017, 04:1210/08/17
03/18/14
Hmmm KT The MOST Decorated league on the server... Always ahead of the game play.... Just reading the funny thread title...  hate them love them always do this just play the war game.... who am I well just TheDarkKnight.