The Saga continues on server 2

The Saga continues on server 2

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jul 20, 2017, 14:4807/20/17
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:

its really none of my business. i know. its just really annoying to see the same cliche "the (top ranked) league is full of bullies"  line played out over and over again.   no matter who is at top, everyone else thinks they are douchbags and need to be destroyed. 

''Truth, I have learned, differs for everybody. Just as no two people ever see a rainbow in exactly the same place - and yet both most certainly see it, while the person seemingly standing right underneath it does not see it at all - so truth is a question of where one stands, and the direction one is looking in at the time.''  Iain Banks

Jul 20, 2017, 20:2007/20/17
12/20/16

I am a captain in LotBR, I have had a front row seat to this "war", as well as the events leading up to it. After reading this forum, I feel perspective has been lost somewhat.

It will help if people had a better understanding of who we are. We have a melting pot of members, with a strong showing in both North America, and EU (particularly France), we also have a fair number from down under. We believe that restricting people from "fighting or warring" in a war game is stupid. That does not make us evil, just … realist. We try to make sure our members are well trained, we try to make sure our members are not harassing individual players. We make sure our members know how to best protect their troops. But mostly, we make sure our members are enjoying their time while playing. This is why we have so few restrictions. Play how you want. LotBR are simply people enjoying the game.

Every day I log in, I read the chat and I join our TeamSpeak, and what I see and hear is joy. Yes, we have had our moments of frustration, but by far we are socializing, training and laughing about the game. Our views of this 'war' are 90% humorous. We love that KT and KTR are raiding us with defense. We find humor in Clueless coming to forums and basically saying "WAAAHHHH, they won't raid our traps!". We have found joy in our entertainment. We have found humor and friends in each other. Having read this forum, it seems that is rare. Therefore, in my opinion, we are winning this fictional war of pixels.

Having said that, I recognize this war is stressful to some and I would like to call out some admirations.

To Clueless. Kudos for starting his post with "he is having fun". I hope that’s true, and if it is, congratulations! We hope you can find a way to spread that joy to your members.

To Annabella and her crew of Drunken Dragons. You have amazing stamina and tenacity. You have been in full on war mode long before the KT war started and you have never tired. You have far outshined KT and KTR put together. Everyone accuses us of being the super coiners, but I tip my hat to you guys. You and your members have lost armies to our traps over and over again, and yet you coin out and press on, never giving up. Plarium had better gift you 'Shares" or something when this is over.

To GDG and ADP Leagues. Much Respect! The day the war started, KT and KTR went into hiding. They were silent and they stayed that way for 2 weeks or more, asking their allies to attack us while they 'planned'. Most leagues were half-assed efforts at best. A couple raids here and there. But GDG and ADP came thru, they attacked us full on for 2 weeks, with a majority of their members, not a select few . As a captain who watches every hit on us, the members of GDG & ADP are FAR better trained than the rest of the RA. Very few noob mistakes. Respect for training your members, and kudos for acting as a true ally, stepping up and making the ally status mean something. We at BR have few allies, because we do not like that ally/peace status means nothing to most leagues on this server. It's basically an agreement to not 'play' in a war game. We know KT did nothing to support you two when LotBR attacked your beacons, yet GDG and ADP stepped up and came to the fight when called on. KT does not deserve either of you.

To TECHWAY. I have no idea how you get leagues to ally with you and RA. Your league has shown moderate abilities at best in this war. You lost leadership of your own league, how can you be expected to lead a collision. Any league with RA tag is our enemy. And we have proven no RA League can hold a beacon over level 1. Your league has changed Marshalship and captains more times than can be counted. You SHOULD be poison to this server, yet people flock to you like your Jim Bakker. Amazing. Not sure if your threatening, or charming or using voodoo. But it's impressive.

To RA leaders. We know your setting traps. No, we are not going to fall for them. To RA members. You raid with OFFENSE, you defend with DEFENSE, seriously. This war was brought on by a select few, deciding smaller members are expendable or inconsequential. If you are not being trained on how to raid or build troops or keep your troops the safest they can be, consider a league more focused on players than ego. If you are not enjoying the war, cat your troops, focus on BGs, and I wish you the best of luck until this thing is over.

If you are finding joy in this game, in this war, then congrats, you have found the freedom and fun that we at LotBR enjoy every day. Play, learn, then share that knowledge and joy. Come visit us, show us your skills. Long after this war is over, win or lose, we at Black Rose will be laughing and sharing stories. If you have a good one, come share it with us on our TeamSpeak, we always enjoy a good story.

This is a game, for entertainment. If you're not having fun, find something else. If you feel stress to the point you need to troll forums, or see things in only black and white, take moment, step back, and re-evaluate, maybe this is not the right game for you.

-Dailach of Black Rose

@ anyone who was badmouthing the Moderators on this forum. Leave the game. Seriously. Those guys are volunteers, offering their time to make this game better. Go be trolls elsewhere. This is a game, for entertainment. Say it out loud to yourself until you hear its meaning.

@ Clueless and anyone who is arguing how this war began. The KTR hit on our beacon was simply the last straw. KT was at peace with us, yet they were placing defense in DD traps vs us (yes, we can read leaderboards), they were having members send resources to our enemies. KT was threatening and hitting our Ally. The war began when Glory Raiders came to us and said KT will only agree to "KT can hit us, but we cannot hit them". We TOLD KT we would support our allies. We TOLD them it was war if they did not agree to fair terms with GR". The war was on when KT started attacking our ally, it was just a matter of timing. The KTR beacon hit was just the last straw that made us stop planning and start hitting. The first punch may be argued but KT was out every day on the playground causing trouble, setting the path to make sure the war was going to happen. They poked the Teddy Bear until the Teddy Bear bit back. 

Jul 21, 2017, 15:1907/21/17
10/31/14

Dailach said:

@ Clueless and anyone who is arguing how this war began. The KTR hit on our beacon was simply the last straw. KT was at peace with us, yet they were placing defense in DD traps vs us (yes, we can read leaderboards), they were having members send resources to our enemies. KT was threatening and hitting our Ally. The war began when Glory Raiders came to us and said KT will only agree to "KT can hit us, but we cannot hit them". We TOLD KT we would support our allies. We TOLD them it was war if they did not agree to fair terms with GR". The war was on when KT started attacking our ally, it was just a matter of timing. The KTR beacon hit was just the last straw that made us stop planning and start hitting. The first punch may be argued but KT was out every day on the playground causing trouble, setting the path to make sure the war was going to happen. They poked the Teddy Bear until the Teddy Bear bit back. 

I don't think at these state the reason why the war began is important. Besides the winners will be the one who will write history, and their tales will be the only one that will hold true. We learned that from server 1.  What is important now is who is having more fun. And the screenshot tell a tale on their own. 

Jul 22, 2017, 12:5607/22/17
10/31/14

djmoody said:

Oracle said:

We learned that from server 1.
Out of interest who "won" server 1 in your opinion?

Winning is not possible in a sense of ''winning a trophy''. But which war are you interested in?

Jul 23, 2017, 14:3107/23/17
10/31/14

That is easy. The ranking doesn't lie. It's quite obvious who lost, it's all written You can see you "winner" there in both offense and defense ranking.

Jul 24, 2017, 13:4407/24/17
10/31/14
Jul 25, 2017, 13:0907/25/17
05/25/14

Lol looks like kt on server 2 should just give up.....

Jul 25, 2017, 14:2707/25/17
10/31/14
Jul 25, 2017, 16:1807/25/17
01/01/17
Jul 25, 2017, 22:0407/25/17
Jul 26, 2017, 10:43(edited)
07/13/16

IronApex Turok said:

Mad Ted said:

LOTBR has been "at war" since I took over shortly after server two started. Our members are under a constant state of attack and have always been.

This.  this is what everyone forgets.   

they want to claim LOTBR are bullies, but if anyone has kept up server history, everyone has always been out to get LOTBR since day ONE.  the orginal KT leadership used them as a pawn to keep their enemies beat down and thought they were just going to dispose of them when Kt was done with LOTBR  but it turned out all those leagues gunning for LOTBR couldnt take them out. and LOTBR has grown into a force to be reconned with. 

its really none of my business. i know. its just really annoying to see the same cliche "the (top ranked) league is full of bullies"  line played out over and over again.   no matter who is at top, everyone else thinks they are douchbags and need to be destroyed. 

If LOTBR were to fall, that'd put us in 1st place.  and despite us having made every effort to NOT be the server bully, you guys would turn on us just as well. 

and in all of this nonsense, who is being the bully?!

I dont think that is the case bro. A league at the number 1 ranking doesnt automatically make them seen as a bully. If you have a strong league and want to attack another league that is fine. It is part of the game. However, what deems a league to be bullies is when they threaten you unless you 'do them a favor' and then they go back on their word and attack you anyway. That is gutless. That is the problem with LOBR. We dont care if they want to attack everyone. Dont expect others to follow your 'rules' because you feel you have the right. I have never seen Dark Phoenix as a bully

Jul 26, 2017, 03:2707/26/17
10/15/15

Optimus Prime said:

I have never seen Dark Phoenix as a bully

Hard to see any league with 30 "at peace" or "allied" league as a bully. Of course, that 99% of leagues on server 2! People still use the "bully" tag to describe other league that outplay,outgun,or outsmart them. In fact, the word "bully" is nonsensical in a war game. This is a war game, expect to be attacked, expect to be attacked by bigger players, and learn to have fun and thrive in the environment provided. Or just whine, and claim others are bullies, play unfair, cheat etc etc to satiate your ego. Shrugs. The game will continue whatever perspective you CHOOSE to have. People also have choices to have fun with their online gaming or not, or act with respect towards their opponents or not. We all have choices in how we experience our online gaming. 

Jul 28, 2017, 02:4207/28/17
08/03/15
Jul 28, 2017, 14:0807/28/17
10/31/14

Mad Ted said:

https://prnt.sc/g18lz6

Thanks for inserting your pics. I hated having to open links every time. 

TO me its looks like treason there

Jul 28, 2017, 15:0507/28/17
08/03/15
Oracle said:

Mad Ted said:

https://prnt.sc/g18lz6

I am quite certain I'll be accused of photoshopping this pm. Therefore I also took the liberty of making a short video from my cell phone that shows me opening it up in game just to please those who refuse to believe it, lol.
Jul 28, 2017, 16:0307/28/17
Jul 28, 2017, 16:13(edited)
10/31/14

Mad Ted said:

Oracle said:

I am quite certain I'll be accused of photoshopping this pm. Therefore I also took the liberty of making a short video from my cell phone that shows me opening it up in game just to please those who refuse to believe it, lol.

I can't comment in that. These information might be useful

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-tutorials/54021_inserting-youtube-videos-on-your-forum-post-/

The only problem I have now I blurring/hiding parts of the site( like coordinates) while I take the video. The only useful stuffs include manipulate the actual code. 

remember you have to upload it to youtube before inserting it. 

Aug 2, 2017, 17:2108/02/17
Aug 2, 2017, 17:23(edited)
12/20/16

~~ Playground Rules ~~

I have been tasked with sending this to marshals, captains and random members on server 2. We hope this knowledge helps leagues move forward. Either away from the war, or on to fun!

The war on server 2 grows boring. The RA have dwindled down to a few select players raiding only the lowest level and long ago castles . They hold no beacons, pose no threat and have lost huge numbers of troops yet fail to accept defeat. This is partially due to their 'diplomatic posturing'. Apparently, if you have more ally's, you win. Fine. Whatever. Playground rules it is.

We have tried very hard to avoid 'bullying'. With KT telling everyone who they HAVE TO be allied with, we expected for them to have the bullying label. But alas … no.

Here is the playground. LotBR on one side of the field, KT/RA on the other. If you are allied with KT/RA, we assume you want to play in the game on their side. Fine, game on! If you see your beacon or fortress fall during the game, you will know why. If you have no alliances with RA, we presume you are standing on the sidelines watching the game.

We are not telling anyone who to ally with. We are not asking anyone to ally with us. We presume if you are allied with someone, you wish to show honor and support them, even in times of war.  Thats what allies do! 

** Any league with a KT or RA tag or leagues allied with KT, KTR, DD, DA, GDG, ADP, the Ace and LC are RA supporters and enemies to Black Rose.

-Lords of the Black Rose

[edit]

Several leagues have responded, some even did it eloquently. So I would like to address some…

Simply, there are too many leagues holding beacons with only diplomacy and no defense on this server. This is boring and against the spirit of the game. It is our experience that other leagues will not hit a beacon with 500m.  Most leagues should be able to hold a beacon (even those we do not like).  The phenomenon of leagues holding beacons with no defense needs to be adjusted.  We need more leagues to step up and claim beacons.  Strong leagues should hold beacons they can defend with troops.   No one should feel safe with 100m in a beacon.   Again, it's a war game, not a diplomacy game.

Also, Black Rose is, for the first time, allied with other leagues. We are mutually agreeing to not hit beacons or fortresses, but allowing the members to hit members, including fiefs, hamlets, castles and settlements. Why? Because this is a WAR game. We love good opponents. The greatest risk to a league hitting us is we may engage one of their members, discover he/she is skilled …. and then try to recruit them. We LOVE skilled players. I understand diplomacy for growth leagues, learning to play the game etc. But the top 30 leagues should feel SHAME for having so much diplomacy. Go play Farmville. Literally.  

Aug 2, 2017, 23:0008/02/17
10/15/15

Dailach said:

We have tried very hard to avoid 'bullying'. With KT telling everyone who they HAVE TO be allied with, we expected for them to have the bullying label. But alas … no.

I never try to avoid bullying. Just saying. I look for whiners,complainers, and weak minded fools to target! Did they not ask to be attacked by complaining,whining, or being idiots? Seems like common sense to me.          

Please be aware, there is NO SUCH THING AS BULLYING! It does not exist in a open world MMO war game!

This is a fantastical idea dreamed up by defeated players/leagues to explain their defeat so they could dissociate any personal responsibility for their defeat. Any thing you can say is 'bullying" I can verify is a valid strategy or tactic within the boundaries of the game. Plarium created and enforces these boundaries and as players we agree to accept them by continuing to play the game. We each make a choice to sign in daily and participate in the game, and that is tacit agreement to the boundaries of the game.

This is a war game! Expect to be attacked. Expect to be attacked by bigger players. If you want an even match please take up chess! Your job should be to use the environment provided by Plarium to have FUN! I assume that is why we play? People can only have fun IF they choose to have fun. 

(I actually know very few play for fun, its sad but true!). 

Aug 3, 2017, 00:2708/03/17
03/23/16

The arrogance of the BR players is astounding.  For over a year you have been allowed to act as pirates, raiding at will with little or no return attacks to castles, fortesses or beacons.  You've benefitted from massive league tourney rewards, large amounts of DE and higher levels of league knowledge.  You claim superiority like it's been earned.  Well, in truth, it has.  But not by you.  It's been earned by Bob.  You are all riding his spending habit like a toddler on daddy's back.  He and his alts have outspent any league.  We all know Bob can and does do as he pleases. 

Leagues cater to Bob.  Without Bob, LOBR is nothing special.  But since they have him and his unlimited spending they can tout whatever claims they wish, press whatever buttons they want and make whatever policy they care to.  Everyone knows it.  See the attached letter above regarding the "playground rules."  LOBR has pushed many leagues into dropping alliances with RA leagues by threats of Bob visiting them.  I've lost two allies today as a result of that letter. I find it amusing how all these LOBR players are sitting here acting like it's them that has made LOBR into what they are.  It's always about Bob!  

Black Rose is winning when you look at rankings and number of beacons held.  There are few, if any, leagues that can hold a beacon against Bob but many that can defeat an LOBR without Bob.  But BR is hiding behind all their allies, letting them wear down the RA, because as they have so eloquently and correctly said, they don't have to fight!  They can sit back and do nothing until Bob comes on line.

Both BR and the RA have done nothing impressive in this war.  It's not even a war.  As long as Bob coins at that level you won't see my league hold a beacon.  But that's ok with my league.  We're all having fun.  We don't need a beacon or high rank to feel good about ourselves.  I guess others need that.  So hats off LOBR, you've managed to do absolutely nothing remarkable over the past two months.  And to Bob, you're the MAN!!!  And the WOMAN (MJoan)!!!!!  You sir/ma'am have a very impressive.......credit card!!!

I know, I know......my league hasn't done anything either.  Oh well.  We wouldn't have it any other way.  Afterall, as Teddy says, we are a "training league."  Expectations for us are low, we'll do our best not to exceed them.  8 beacons, ten minutes, 200 mil+ gone Teddy.......by a training league.  All those spies and altsinmy league and you had no clue (talking to you Windwalker..wake up, you were asleep at the wheel!!).  I may be Clueless, but I'm not the clueless one here.  I can leave the game now imagining the look on all your faces when those reports came in.

BTW, how do so many LOBR players have time to comment on this forum with such frequency considering how many alts they have in their own league and in mine?!