Breaking the Siege on Leagues Sub-Forum

67 Replies
Trentos
12 May, 2017, 3:43 AM UTC

We've all seen the leagues sub-forum be taken over by those trying to get a one-up on moderators. However, much has been happening on the server of late. And when I talk a lot, I mean heaps. For example, we saw a large beacon drop coincide with a beacon massacre. Wondering what others have to say about:


- The total annihilation of KoC by AOC in the NW corner

- The territory of Fellowship being turned into a wasteland of lv1 beacons

- Anarchy opening a can of woop arse on KT

- Emperors re-emergence as a beacon league in their old Northern territory

- KoK breaking their alliance with Balur and committing to holding the NE corner

- The ever aggressive Die Blutige Hoard staking their claim in the South


There is plenty of content in these stories alone. Some would surley even make great Chronicles articles. Come on all. Lets try and break the siege on the Leagues sub-forum
UTC +11:00
Knightmare
12 May, 2017, 4:06 AM UTC

Amen. Good Luck.

Seems like the majority of the people are pretty uptight in general. So it would be like trying to squeeze blood from a rock.




Nug Life !
UTC +7:00
DrFondles
Moderator
12 May, 2017, 4:16 AM UTC
Knightmare said:

Amen. Good Luck.

Seems like the majority of the people are pretty uptight in general. So it would be like trying to squeeze blood from a rock.





Josh/Synergy S3
UTC +0:00
Knightmare
12 May, 2017, 4:18 AM UTC
DrFondles said:

Knightmare said:

Amen. Good Luck.

Seems like the majority of the people are pretty uptight in general. So it would be like trying to squeeze blood from a rock.





As I said... LOL
Nug Life !
UTC +7:00
Oracle
12 May, 2017, 12:45 PM UTC

Trentos said:


We've all seen the leagues sub-forum be taken over by those trying to get a one-up on moderators. However, much has been happening on the server of late. And when I talk a lot, I mean heaps. For example, we saw a large beacon drop coincide with a beacon massacre. Wondering what others have to say about:


- The total annihilation of KoC by AOC in the NW corner

- The territory of Fellowship being turned into a wasteland of lv1 beacons

- Anarchy opening a can of woop arse on KT

- Emperors re-emergence as a beacon league in their old Northern territory

- KoK breaking their alliance with Balur and committing to holding the NE corner

- The ever aggressive Die Blutige Hoard staking their claim in the South


There is plenty of content in these stories alone. Some would surley even make great Chronicles articles. Come on all. Lets try and break the siege on the Leagues sub-foru

You are very correct. The problem is that only 1 chronicle is published per week. Many chronicles are submitted to Lord Oberon, but only one make it. A very deserving story can fail to make it because the author used bad pronounce, or because they wasn't enough photos provided, and many other factor. I have talked to Lord Oberon, and you can write your stories in the Chronicles page, but they won't be any compensation. I have also provided all the information needed to write a chronicles here . The best way to increase your league influence in real life is by telling stories, and having one story writter in your league is the best thing any league can have. It's up to individual marshals to encourage players to write stories. Providing screenshot to players in your league, who have good English writing skill is a start. I believe a marshal should appoint such a player, like they appoint scroll masters. 

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
djmoody
12 May, 2017, 8:36 PM UTC

Trentos said:


- KoK breaking their alliance with Balur and committing to holding the NE corner

I can shed some light on that one at least.

The fun we have PvP'ing on the level one beacons with about 40 or 50 different leagues caused a massive resurgence in people's interest and activity in the game.

As a result we decided to give Balur the finger and become a beacon holding league again.

Or I can roll play that for you and say that Balur wasn't able to uphold his end of the bargain and get BG's fixed. He turned out to be unable to influence Plarium to investigate, acknowledge and fix the BG banking issues, despite provision of cold hard evidence that conclusively proves there is a problem.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Trentos
13 May, 2017, 1:33 AM UTC

Thanks for the update DJ. The allegiance with Balur sure made for some interesting times, and much fun was to be had in the East/South-East for those adventurous enough to make the trip.

Kind of worried to hear that Balur let you down. Now who can we trust? I definitely don't trust that Oberon chap. Always encouraging us humans into killing each other over beacons and precious sapphires.

Best of luck with your return to the beacon scene

UTC +11:00
Stewart_KT1
13 May, 2017, 6:19 AM UTC
Trentos said:

Thanks for the update DJ. 

Oh, i didnt know you were after info, hang on a sec.
Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
Stewart_KT1
13 May, 2017, 6:24 AM UTC

Trentos said:


 However, much has been happening on the server of late. And when I talk a lot, I mean heaps. For example, we saw a large beacon drop coincide with a beacon massacre. Wondering what others have to say about:


- The territory of Fellowship being turned into a wasteland of lv1 beacons

- Anarchy opening a can of woop arse on KT


There is plenty of content in these stories alone. Some would surley even make great Chronicles articles. Come on all. Lets try and break the siege on the Leagues sub-forum

I know about Fellowships doings at that time BUT it is not my place to say.


Anarchy opened a can of woop arse on KT?  They knocked down some beacons, very nearly empty ones.


For all the Anarchy knob polishers in other leagues but used to be in Anarchy, ASK for the big screenshots of them wooping KT beacons.


Here is a screen, Check the date.


http://prnt.sc/f79ur2


Screenshot or it didnt happen!

Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
Trentos
13 May, 2017, 7:21 AM UTC

Thanks for the clarification Stewart. Smart play leaving those inside beacons with little defense. Anarchy walked away with nothing I'm guessing, so no story here?

I also see you made the most of the opportunity to move you sister leagues into that territory, which will surely strengthen KT's hold on the SW?


UTC +11:00
djmoody
13 May, 2017, 1:28 PM UTC

http://www.legendsofstormfall.com/


I partially built this as a news website for the game.

While it might look reasonably incomplete, actually the hard parts are all done. Account creation, log in, submission of articles, database behind the scenes, is all done.

Over the past couple of weeks forum posting there seems to be a bit of interest resurgent interest in server news. If there were 4/5 people willing to contribute stuff it might be worth reviving (it would also be very easy to reskin for other servers or even over versions of the game).

I didn't process because I got pissed off with the uber coining unbalance in the game and Plarium's refusal to listen to players, last year as the game seemed doomed to me.


Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Sir Crusher
13 May, 2017, 2:02 PM UTC
Stewart_KT1 said:

Trentos said:


 However, much has been happening on the server of late. And when I talk a lot, I mean heaps. For example, we saw a large beacon drop coincide with a beacon massacre. Wondering what others have to say about:


- The territory of Fellowship being turned into a wasteland of lv1 beacons

- Anarchy opening a can of woop arse on KT


There is plenty of content in these stories alone. Some would surley even make great Chronicles articles. Come on all. Lets try and break the siege on the Leagues sub-forum

I know about Fellowships doings at that time BUT it is not my place to say.


Anarchy opened a can of woop arse on KT?  They knocked down some beacons, very nearly empty ones.


For all the Anarchy knob polishers in other leagues but used to be in Anarchy, ASK for the big screenshots of them wooping KT beacons.


Here is a screen, Check the date.


http://prnt.sc/f79ur2


Screenshot or it didnt happen!

Fantastic job on the Syndicate without Alan and Dreadnaught.  How about THOSE screenshots?  Alan seems to be doing well in the Emperors these days. :)
UTC +0:00
Sir Crusher
13 May, 2017, 2:03 PM UTC
djmoody said:

http://www.legendsofstormfall.com/


I partially built this as a news website for the game.

While it might look reasonably incomplete, actually the hard parts are all done. Account creation, log in, submission of articles, database behind the scenes, is all done.

Over the past couple of weeks forum posting there seems to be a bit of interest resurgent interest in server news. If there were 4/5 people willing to contribute stuff it might be worth reviving (it would also be very easy to reskin for other servers or even over versions of the game).

I didn't process because I got pissed off with the uber coining unbalance in the game and Plarium's refusal to listen to players, last year as the game seemed doomed to me.


Isn't that the website you guys are using to collect IP addresses?
UTC +0:00
Oracle
13 May, 2017, 2:04 PM UTC

djmoody said:


 can shed some light on that one at least.

The fun we have PvP'ing on the level one beacons with about 40 or 50 different leagues caused a massive resurgence in people's interest and activity in the game.

As a result we decided to give Balur the finger and become a beacon holding league again.

Or I can roll play that for you and say that Balur wasn't able to uphold his end of the bargain and get BG's fixed. He turned out to be unable to influence Plarium to investigate, acknowledge and fix the BG banking issues, despite provision of cold hard evidence that conclusively proves there is a problem.

Yap according to many the game died in April. That is why in fact you chose to abandon your beacons. it was all fun in the last moments, which didn't happen.  

But other rumors are that you abandoned ship after rumors told of rumors that you are about to be gunned down.

Why  KoK came back, balur kicked KoK out after they insisted that the BG system was bugged. Which Balur took as a great offense, as it implies that he was not fairly winning in BG, but doing so by trickery. 

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Stewart_KT1
13 May, 2017, 9:00 PM UTC

Sir Crusher said:


Stewart_KT1 said:


Trentos said:


 However, much has been happening on the server of late. And when I talk a lot, I mean heaps. For example, we saw a large beacon drop coincide with a beacon massacre. Wondering what others have to say about:


- The territory of Fellowship being turned into a wasteland of lv1 beacons

- Anarchy opening a can of woop arse on KT


There is plenty of content in these stories alone. Some would surley even make great Chronicles articles. Come on all. Lets try and break the siege on the Leagues sub-forum

I know about Fellowships doings at that time BUT it is not my place to say.


Anarchy opened a can of woop arse on KT?  They knocked down some beacons, very nearly empty ones.


For all the Anarchy knob polishers in other leagues but used to be in Anarchy, ASK for the big screenshots of them wooping KT beacons.


Here is a screen, Check the date.


http://prnt.sc/f79ur2


Screenshot or it didnt happen!

Fantastic job on the Syndicate without Alan and Dreadnaught.  How about THOSE screenshots?  Alan seems to be doing well in the Emperors these days. :)

I was actually surprised when yous didn't make all these big claims on the BM, Well done for that.

Im extremely glad that Alan is doing well in Emps.


I didn't claim any big hits in the BM, But here is 1 for you 

http://prnt.sc/f47ob2

Noodle maker extreme
UTC +0:00
djmoody
14 May, 2017, 4:46 AM UTC

Sir Crusher said:

Isn't that the website you guys are using to collect IP addresses?

Why would you write stupid bullshit slander like that? Sad pathetic little man.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Knightmare
14 May, 2017, 6:56 AM UTC

djmoody said:


Sir Crusher said:

Isn't that the website you guys are using to collect IP addresses?

Why would you write stupid bullshit slander like that? Sad pathetic little man.

Because it would be a smart play, whether or not its real, and that directed at both of you. The only people fooled by most of this bullshit is yourselves. ( not singling anyone out, making a general statement, the bullshit here is fairly transparent.)


Seriously, yall take this to seriously. I am currently up against a league where its top for players are all the same person. talk about no life.
Nug Life !
UTC +7:00
Knightmare
14 May, 2017, 6:57 AM UTC

But I digress, not because I care, but rather because I don't.




carry on all.
Nug Life !
UTC +7:00
Sir Crusher
14 May, 2017, 12:33 PM UTC

djmoody said:


Sir Crusher said:

Isn't that the website you guys are using to collect IP addresses?

Why would you write stupid bullshit slander like that? Sad pathetic little man.

It was a yes/no question.

http://prntscr.com/f7obz6

UTC +0:00
djmoody
14 May, 2017, 12:44 PM UTC

Well some people need to learn where to draw the line, in what is meant to be a game for fun.

There is way too much slander in these forums. Where certain people just make stuff up to try and ruin someone else's reputation. 

Maybe just maybe if this was limited strictly limited to in game actions it would be OK. You could possible justify it as role playing a complete a-hat, making up lies about who was allied with who for instance.

The above and several other threads aren't about role-play within the game itself though. They are attacking the real world actions of the real people behind the accounts.

In case anyone is in doubt, that is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. And if you are wondering whether it's serious or not, it's ILLEGAL. If you still don't think it's serious, wait until someone does it to you.

If I choose to peruse that website it will have taken a huge amount of my time and effort to build. And to give something that could really add value back to the community. Because the most fun part of the game is the stories we weave but they largely go untold.

That someone would try and kill that real life project before it even started, with this kind of BS is to me completely unbelievable. I can't even get inside the head of someone that sick. Someone who has the game so out of proportion in their heads they are willing to do stuff that is utterly unjustifiable to any normal/rational person.

It's serious when the lies aren't about the game but about real life. And it's going totally unaddressed in these forums. Fortunately it doesn't happen often and only a couple of people stoop this low.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
1665476 users registered; 34180 topics; 253476 posts; our newest member:Frakenfirth