Balur's Shield

74 Replies
Oracle
19 January, 2017, 12:59 PM UTC

I am sorry, I apologize for the trolls. These was supposed to be a mind blowing announcement from a KoK captain about their plan for the future. But trolls saw it fit to turn it into a Emp Vs Destiny flame war Version 100. A great debate was taken out of content and it quickly turned into mere trolling and almost zero observation of rules. These was a great debate, and in these post KoK would have debated their choice, and other players would have said what they think of KoK decision, perhaps that is what make KoK such a great league, I praise them for coming out in the forum and their willingness to gather player opinions about the matters concerning their league.  I hope these decision doesn't result in another NAP, creating a chain reaction that further ruins the game. Seeing how civil DJ is I hope he continue to digest all the players who come here to oppose his leagues stand with great respect. A great post sans the trolls it would have been better.


To the trolls

Sometimes, in time we find that we just don't like something/someone in those time a great struggle begins inside us, and these struggle leads to a decision that is polar to other peoples perspectives. In these great time a debate ensure and pros and cons, facts and opinions tally head to head till one polarity wins. Sometimes a losing party refuse to give up and no compromise is met. These result in a stalemate. Stalemate without compromise are futile not only to that same polarity we so hope to conserve but also to the very facts/opinions, pros and cons that hold that very polarity. What happens after is what in Science we call a misanthropy, or himsha in some religion. 


@Gali

What can I say I am amusing. I relate to that fact in real life too. I am very proud of my country and very proud that I can make people happy by talking about it. Even more proud that I am DEs ORACLE the amuser. Thank you for being totally honest about that. But I say again don't associate me with those warmongers...


I think I laid down all the the facts and lies. The blurry line between the two shines bright again. All assumptions about players expenditures without fact are simply that. You can't say for a definite fact that player A spend X amount and hold is as a fact without prove or consent from player A. 

 
Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
1
djmoody
19 January, 2017, 1:37 PM UTC

Thanks for that response. Respect what it took you to write that.

Out of interest, what is your country, if you don't mind me asking.


oracle said:



 All assumptions about players expenditures without fact are simply that. You can't say for a definite fact that player A spend X amount and hold is as a fact without prove or consent from player A. 

The point I have been laying out is that there are facts and you can know.

- Player attacks with 100 dragons.

- 30 of them die in attack 1

- Couple of hours later you see attack 2 with 91 dragon

- You know that 21 dragons were revived


- Player attacks with 100 dragons

- 50 of them die in attack 1

- Couple of hours later you see attack 2 with 100 dragons

- You know that 35 were revived and 15 we purchased at full price


Remember back in the day if you were mega coining virtually all your coin came directly from the shop at FULL price. So not only do you know what they purchase/revived you also knew exactly how much it cost.

Simply collecting battle reports you could know extremely accurately exactly how much someone spent.

Today there are many offers and ways to buy sapphires. You can't know exactly what price people paid for them. So its not so easy to pinpoint exactly how much people spent. Which is why I general refer to the Emps spending as  "tens of thousands of dollars", whereas you can be much more precise with Roanne's spending.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
gali
19 January, 2017, 2:14 PM UTC
djmoody said:

Thanks for that response. Respect what it took you to write that.

Out of interest, what is your country, if you don't mind me asking.

TIP: Southern most point of Africa

UTC +0:00
0
exxxe
19 January, 2017, 3:05 PM UTC

hello 

 sorry going offtopic a bit but let me highlight something 


@Dj 

you seriously guys did all that tracking back with KT wow ( i understand your point and yes it is possible ) but 

are you telling me you tracked each wyvern, dragon , necro that is killed / revived then used again by checking all the battle reports ( which i guess first you had to organize which happened first and by who - league attacks considered / troops that might been just normally produced considered etc,, )

and you did all of THAT to prove to yourself that he coined his army ( im not going against you its your strategy but look at the downside )

1) requires massive effort and i feel sorry to the guy who kept track and did calculations 

2) counting the exact numbers ( especially that units are in thousands striking millions in power ) with huge possibility of a huge margin of error ( since you may have missed a report or maybe simply did a human error ( which what i would expect if someone starts tracking the losses to someone attacks when he has hundreds of thousands of pathfinders )


even with top notch accuracy and real effort is it really worth it ,, i wonder this game is like a drug on one end you get someone who coins thousands and on the other one who spent years with logs, data, tracking and keeping a close eye 

to me both ends have lost 


my sole problem is that you put all that effort just so you could say Roanne coined his army ( nahh i dont believe it any one using common sense knows these armies are coined - consider build times , repetition of attacks even after sustaining losses ,,etc- and i really hope im right 


now im worried about you all guys because contrary to what you say about the game here on the forum you seem to be hugely invested in it ( which is not a bad thing but there is a limit lol )

lol some people here have put effort in game  more than i would do with real life things just have fun and play ( being smart and strategist in a strategy game is great but that much effort shocks me i doubt its real and all just to say he coined the army )

note :- all that tracking may have also given you a true lead against the coining and for that i just stand admiring it unable to believe it :))

  
  
I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
1
mindful
19 January, 2017, 3:12 PM UTC

I am sure djmoody will reply soon. Here are my replies.


1 - Not massive effort at all. Speedy calculations has been done years before due to battle reasons.

2 - No huge margin of error at all. Safe coordinations has been done for years due to battle reasons. Leagues are adapted for it.


The reason you do it is to keep track of your enemies armies. The reason is not to point finger at someone coining. Kind of important though to know which one of your enemies do buy armies and to what extent. KoK is a well organized league. It was very easy for them to do the calculations and do them correctly.



UTC +0:00
1
djmoody
19 January, 2017, 3:22 PM UTC

I didn't do the calculations one of your fellow mods did. If you know him well you'll know how meticulous he can be when interested by something. I expect he had a good spreadsheet that took all the pain out of it.

And to mindful's point - it's straight out of SunTzu 101 - know your enemy. Always sharing screenshots with friends and allies of other league's major players to keep track of their hammer size.

I even went to the trouble of building a website that allows screenshot uploads and stores them in a database with tags so people can readily search all the screenshots. 

It's also used to store all the attacks on our castles. So for instance player A attacks a castle, you can see how many times Player A has attacked our member, whether he attacks other members and what he sends when he attacks. So you'll know whether its a one-off attack or part of a pattern of farming that needs to be addressed and what kind of WAD is required to painlessly catch the offence. You can also see if other members of his league are also attacking our member (again something that needs to be addressed and stopped).


Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
exxxe
19 January, 2017, 3:29 PM UTC

djmoody said:


I didn't do the calculations one of your fellow mods did. If you know him well you'll know how meticulous he can be when interested by something. I expect he had a good spreadsheet that took all the pain out of it.

And to mindful's point - it's straight out of SunTzu 101 - know your enemy. Always sharing screenshots with friends and allies of other league's major players to keep track of their hammer size.

I even went to the trouble of building a website that allows screenshot uploads and stores them in a database with tags so people can readily search all the screenshots. 

It's also used to store all the attacks on our castles. So for instance player A attacks a castle, you can see how many times Player A has attacked our member, whether he attacks other members and what he sends when he attacks. So you'll know whether its a one-off attack or part of a pattern of farming that needs to be addressed and what kind of WAD is required to painlessly catch the offence. You can also see if other members of his league are also attacking our member (again something that needs to be addressed and stopped).


oh yes Matt i suppose well i guess Oberon was right when he said KoK was his favorite league ( before betrayal lol )

well as will as you guys have fun heck why not good luck :))
I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
0
ThatGuy
19 January, 2017, 5:09 PM UTC

I'm not so certain it is a betrayal.  When you look at the storyline elements of the game, it paints a bleak picture of a world approaching the end with the forces of Balur rooting out the remnants of humanity.  The beacons were to be a source of light due to the dead/dying sun.  

In theory, with such dire times, you'd expect humans to work together against Balur, but instead, what does Oberon encourage us to do?  Fight eachother, capture/downgrade beacons, attack castles, seige/downgrade fortresses, attack hamlets.  This would make sense if surviving troops gained experience and grew stronger, but they do not.  Troops die and those that don't die return to fight another day, no stronger than before unless you've increased your technology level.

With that pattern of behavior that Oberon is encouraging, he is killing humans faster than Balur is.  I'd say Oberon and Balur have been in league this whole time, duping humans into killing eachother to save Balur the effort. 
UTC +6:00
0
roadstar Pitbull
19 January, 2017, 10:46 PM UTC
ThatGuy said:

I'm not so certain it is a betrayal.  When you look at the storyline elements of the game, it paints a bleak picture of a world approaching the end with the forces of Balur rooting out the remnants of humanity.  The beacons were to be a source of light due to the dead/dying sun.  

In theory, with such dire times, you'd expect humans to work together against Balur, but instead, what does Oberon encourage us to do?  Fight eachother, capture/downgrade beacons, attack castles, seige/downgrade fortresses, attack hamlets.  This would make sense if surviving troops gained experience and grew stronger, but they do not.  Troops die and those that don't die return to fight another day, no stronger than before unless you've increased your technology level.

With that pattern of behavior that Oberon is encouraging, he is killing humans faster than Balur is.  I'd say Oberon and Balur have been in league this whole time, duping humans into killing eachother to save Balur the effort. 
Well we all know the story line and graphic ads have nothing at all to do with the game it self.
UTC +0:00
0
Morin
20 January, 2017, 9:33 AM UTC

I'm just a nobody from a small league, but decided to make a quick foray down to the SE corner to check on Balurs progress. Knocked on a few doors etc.

Was very surprised to find that all it not as the DJ would like us to believe. Seemed to me that select humans were destined to take certain outside beacons. I have to admit that this was a good ruse by Kok, and wait with anticipation who else is deemed worthy of occupying the remaining edge that they have taken, and subsequently dropped 
UTC +10:00
2
None
26 January, 2017, 3:03 AM UTC
All are welcome, few succeeded, others have failed. Kudos go to those who have succeeded but the game hasn't ended quite yet
UTC +0:00
0
IronApex Turok
27 January, 2017, 12:44 AM UTC

None said:


All are welcome, few succeeded, others have failed. Kudos go to those who have succeeded but the game hasn't ended quite yet

i argue the game ended when fortresses were introduced and weak leagues were able to use alt leagues and coin to upgrade their fortresses establishing themselves in top ranks. 


when actual power no longer matters...there is no game play
UTC +0:00
0
djmoody
27 January, 2017, 11:48 PM UTC

Yeah fortress will be the greatest disappointment and missed opportunity.

It could have been a market of how active and co-ordinated you league was, progress based on how well you league was run. Instead they just added another pay to win feature.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
0
Venga
26 March, 2017, 12:20 AM UTC
i like the idea :)) 
Im High ! Like Rain Into The Sunshine
UTC +3:00
1
Skycooldude
30 September, 2017, 5:20 AM UTC

... this seems a bit more relevant now lol.



Might be more lvl 1s than lvl 5s nowadays haha

UTC +0:00
2
1781224 users registered; 48445 topics; 287492 posts; our newest member:koks7