TIPS for the new BG System

26 Replies
K.Vanlimb
10 January, 2016, 4:49 AM UTC

Can anyone pls tell me about the fact we need to put our rss from previous reward back in the 'bank', but in certain corridors, Example from bg 51-65  or from bg 66-75  or bg 76-85. Is this true and what exactly are these corridors? I recieved a note lately that Plarium changed these corridors. The new once are 1-40 / 41-80 / 81-100.

Can someone confirm this pls. Very important, putting rss in wrong corridor won't give you a reward (not added to your bank). If yo want to clear a level 72 bg for big reward you should have put your rss in that corridor.
UTC +1:00
Juglar del Viento
10 January, 2016, 1:05 PM UTC

Lord Vanlimb

as far i know plarium has not changed anything about bgs till now. so they work as same as since the feature was chaged in last july.

what you said is about some test that good bg players have done and have update the corridors theory and found that seems to be only 3 corridors, the last 3 you mention. but the info is given by players and their test not by plarium

so alll we can test it so see if it works.

hope this can solve ur doubts

Regards

Resistance Is Futile
K.Vanlimb
10 January, 2016, 2:10 PM UTC

Juglar Del Viento, ty very much for your answer.

One of my friends has been clearing several lvl 100 bg's (3 -4) and still not recieved a big reward. All his previous gained units have been put back in + a lot extra (he used to be player with several million off and def and has nothing left now). He didn't know about the corridor theory and banked his units everywhere (60 - 100). Maybe that is the reason he didn't get reward so far. Anyway, he's baking units 24/24 but this will take several weeks to get another high lvl bg low.

It is not fun anymore to be in such possition going from top player (20 million off and def) to zero simply because Plarium won't share the bg rules and on top even changed them (maybe twice) a few months ago.

I need to be sure what i'm doing before i sacrifice my units on bg's again.
Juglar del Viento
10 January, 2016, 2:47 PM UTC

Lord Vanlimb

so sorry to hear about your friends army, but sure one day he can reborn again. BGs are one of the most difficult features of SF to learn and understand it so most of us have to experiment and test them cause this is not an exact science.

i think the most of the players still are trying to understand where and when to bank to get the payout in an especific level (except those who are expert and get their methods for themselves without sharing it).

So in this moment exist some kind of risk you hit a level 100 and get only the small payout but the consolation we have is knowing that the big payout still is there for the moment we could hit and get it

Hope one day we all can understand the mechanism and be at leas 90-95% sure to get the payout

Regards
Resistance Is Futile
djmoody
12 January, 2016, 7:39 PM UTC

Does you friend keep a record of resources loaded?

Perhaps if you can share what he did to load his whole army and where he thinks his bank is, we might be able to give you some tips about how to get it back.

Useful info:

- current bank

- last high level hit and failed partial payout received

- does he have anything yellow barred atm?

- did he take significant profit from the BG's before (is that how he got big / or did he grow from coining and or raiding)

- roughly what is his approach to BG's (what levels does he aim to kill and how he expects to drive big payouts)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
K.Vanlimb
13 January, 2016, 10:00 AM UTC

DJMoody,

At this moment we don't know how big his bank is. We lost track a few weeks ago.

The main part of his army was from playing bg's. He got big rewards each 'round' bg he played. Things used to work fine. Normaly he yellowed several bg's untill he got his previous reward back invested and he added around 10% extra units (raided 10 raids each day and baked units 24/24). When he expected his big reward, he cleared one of his high yellow bg's (never highest). If he didn't get reward, he went to another or a thirth and always got a big reward then.He cleared all the other yellow bg's and added all the small rewards to his big reward to know how much he needed to invest next time.

This worked fine untill he reach level 100.

Because he has nothing left, he played different last time. His last attempt was 3 days ago. He couldn't clear a high level bg anymore (not enough units) and thought to recieve a big reward from a bg mid 60 because he had sacrifised almost all his army. He got a small reward (200 dragons, 400 griffins) however; Invested these units back in a level 60 + extra and got another small reward which was almost the same as previous. Invested these back in too + extra and got big reward the thirth time (big for level 60, not for regaining his army). He recieved 400 wyvern and 1700griffin.

With this big reward he went for his last change to recieve his big army back and cleared a level 95 (addedd his last units in; eldritch, darkened, imperial - units he wouldn't use otherwise). He thought he had already invested enough in these high segment bg's but he recieved a small reward (200 wyvern, 250 griffin or something like that). Game over.

One of the things i would like to know is if after the bank pays out (on low bg this time - level60) does the bank reset? We thought he would still have a lot rss banked in high segment bg because we invested millions more than that level 60 bg reward we recieved. If the bank resets, he wouldn't got a big reward from that level 95 because he didn't reach min required for level 90. But than where did all his units go?
djmoody
13 January, 2016, 8:07 PM UTC

The lvl 60 payout doesn't reset your bank. In fact nothing resets your bank in the current mechanics.

Idk if he yellow barred either of his lvl 100 BGs? If he did, kill one and you will get a large payout (not full 100%) but it will be large (between 50-80%) depending on how much you have loaded.

If he doesn't have a lvl 100 BG yellow barred then keep taking low level defense payout and feeding into the level 100 defensive BG (defensive takes significantly less resource to load and kill). That will get a significant amount of the army back. 

He will still end up with some trapped resource. Don't worry it's still banked. But at least he will see a large part of his army back which will give him some motivation back. You can then re-try doing his normal method but either i) raid a couple of weeks to increase army size ii) buy some more army. Either way don't start trying again until the army is bigger (or you might well run out again).

PS The reason I suggest lvl 100 (top level BG) is that it will payout regardless of what you have loaded. Pretty useful if you have lost track of your bank.

What league are you guys in? Maybe you can come into KoK Teamspeak at some point, there are ways to find out what is in your bank - not straight forward though.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
1725556 users registered; 43192 topics; 271744 posts; our newest member:NearBird