Creating your own Battleground Banking Calculator

13 Replies
brunsonthomas
1 August, 2017, 10:53 AM UTC

How to create an effective Battleground spreadsheet.


The first thing to do is realize that all Battleground payouts are based on resources. A level 1 pikeman is worth the same as a level 32 Pikeman in resources. The effective power in battle is different.




Remember like the priestess any troop you buy with Maranian Amulets are still resources.





I used excel but you can use any spreadsheet to do these calculations. Remember I do not intend to predict payouts. However, you should be able to.




Step one set up a format for your spreadshett to include all incoming and outgoing resources.


As you will see I set up in groups of types of troops; Infantry Cavalry, Occult and Beastiary.


First look at your Sentry house or appropriate building for that troop. An example the Pikeman says it costs 90 Gold, 60 food and 150 food per pikeman.




Now calculate the total or 300 for each pikeman. Allow a column to multiply times the number the total resources for that kind of troop.


An example if you send 40 pikeman to a Battleground you are sending 12000 resources into it.





I forgot to note to make a total at the bottom to make sure you have a total that you can document


Next create a place to record of your gains and losses.


First the level and type of BG, next the total killed, paid total was simply added to copy that number for the formulas later, the Battle Gain is the troops and resources gained from the Battleground. I always entered that as a Negative so I knew what was being subtracted from my bank. A running total will be used to guesstimate your payout level.

http://prntscr.com/g2xhhu


Later I started adding notes of payouts because I knew I would forget details.




This example shows that anything under a level 20 will automatically get at least 300 resources.


Also, any troops you receive need to be added.


Do not worry about where your bank is as you start. If you track all BGs you will eventually determine your actual bank.


Once you get used to the spreadsheet,you will recognize patterns.


If you are winning Infantry, your bank is low.


If you are winning Cavalry or Occult you are building your bank.


If you win Beastiary then you bank is very full.


The best way to achieve maximum payouts is to yellow 3 BGs near the top, do not yellow your max BG.


Once you yellow both offense and defense start working your way down the list of your battlegrounds alternating between Offense and Defense. If you score a major win. Do not commit beastiary to any Battleground. That is a wate of good troops. The concept is to use Infantry, Cavalry and Occult to win Beastiary. Do not use legendaries. They do not count for resources. Also, a favorite of many a wraith is not purchased with resources so it does not add to the bank.


Any comments or criticism welcome.






UTC +5:00
Oracle
1 August, 2017, 11:11 AM UTC

Thanks I know many have been waiting for these for a while. 

TIP. 

Its best to use online spreadsheet. Like google spreadsheet or Excel online. These way you'll never lose your values
Add some colors to your columns. Spreadsheets can get boring. 
Make it as comprehensive as possible.

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
2 August, 2017, 7:40 AM UTC
Thanks for the great guide 
Community Manager
UTC +2:00
Clashfan
15 August, 2017, 6:15 PM UTC
Just a question, Does the bank reset every time your battlegrounds do or does it carry over?
UTC +6:00
brunsonthomas
15 August, 2017, 6:56 PM UTC
Clashfan said:

Just a question, Does the bank reset every time your battlegrounds do or does it carry over?
As far as I have seen your bank never resets. I have updated my constantly for over a month. I did stop and copy mine when I received a major payout because I was 24 Million resources negative. I used that as my new 0. I am trying to see if that is accurate. I have no control over the banks but so far this is the best one I have seen published with explanations. There are many others and some are probably more accurate.
UTC +5:00
Clashfan
15 August, 2017, 11:49 PM UTC
Thanks for the response.  I stink at BG's so far and I keep trying to learn to be better but for those of us that are mathematically challenged it's a long haul.
UTC +6:00
brunsonthomas
16 August, 2017, 2:30 PM UTC

Clashfan said:


Thanks for the response.  I stink at BG's so far and I keep trying to learn to be better but for those of us that are mathematically challenged it's a long haul.

I would recommend using a Battleground calculator. There are several out there that will help you not lose as many troops. 


http://stormfallguide.blogspot.com/p/offensive-battlegrounds.html

http://stormfallbgscalculator.com/login_signup.php

UTC +5:00
tatiana
14 September, 2017, 2:28 PM UTC

Please tell me in very detail, what exactly means "TO YELLOW" 3BGs. what means to yellow?


thanks


brunsonthomas said:






Once you get used to the spreadsheet,you will recognize patterns.


If you are winning Infantry, your bank is low.


If you are winning Cavalry or Occult you are building your bank.


If you win Beastiary then you bank is very full.


The best way to achieve maximum payouts is to yellow 3 BGs near the top, do not yellow your max BG.


Once you yellow both offense and defense start working your way down the list of your battlegrounds alternating between Offense and Defense. If you score a major win. Do not commit beastiary to any Battleground. That is a wate of good troops. The concept is to use Infantry, Cavalry and Occult to win Beastiary. Do not use legendaries. They do not count for resources. Also, a favorite of many a wraith is not purchased with resources so it does not add to the bank.


Any comments or criticism welcome.







UTC +8:00
isacescu_bogdan
Moderator
15 September, 2017, 11:13 AM UTC

tatiana said:






Please tell me in very detail, what exactly means "TO YELLOW" 3BGs. what means to yellow?







thanks










brunsonthomas said:






Once you get used to the spreadsheet,you will recognize patterns.


If you are winning Infantry, your bank is low.


If you are winning Cavalry or Occult you are building your bank.


If you win Beastiary then you bank is very full.


The best way to achieve maximum payouts is to yellow 3 BGs near the top, do not yellow your max BG.


Once you yellow both offense and defense start working your way down the list of your battlegrounds alternating between Offense and Defense. If you score a major win. Do not commit beastiary to any Battleground. That is a wate of good troops. The concept is to use Infantry, Cavalry and Occult to win Beastiary. Do not use legendaries. They do not count for resources. Also, a favorite of many a wraith is not purchased with resources so it does not add to the bank.


Any comments or criticism welcome.






Any bg has a bubble with colors from yellow to red where yellow is the lowest value and red the biggest. When you begin to attack or defend that bg the bubble will begin to decrease from red to yellow. For example look at the picture bellow - the bubble is on the middle 

Best regards!
Bogdan


Open your mind! The fact you aren't thinking at some things doesn't means they don't exist...
UTC +2:00
Lord Mark
17 September, 2017, 11:20 AM UTC
If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))
UTC +0:00
Sergey Kryvorotchenko
Community Manager
18 September, 2017, 4:26 PM UTC

Lord Mark said:


If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))

Have no doubt... We'll still be with you here ;)

Plarium Community Manager Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Plarium_Support
UTC +2:00
Oracle
19 September, 2017, 11:59 AM UTC
Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Lord Mark said:


If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))

Have no doubt... We'll still be with you here ;)

YAP you'll be here all right. But without us. I will be on EVE,LoL, and WoW. I would rather play farmville than be here after 10 years.
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Oracle
19 September, 2017, 12:00 PM UTC
Lord Mark said:

If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))
Pikes work well, you just have to use them in defense BG
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
25 September, 2017, 10:40 AM UTC
Oracle said:

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Lord Mark said:


If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))

Have no doubt... We'll still be with you here ;)

YAP you'll be here all right. But without us. I will be on EVE,LoL, and WoW. I would rather play farmville than be here after 10 years.
Will see 
Community Manager
UTC +2:00
1725047 users registered; 43548 topics; 271593 posts; our newest member:rocket2733