All Categories

Creating your own Battleground Banking Calculator

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 1, 2017, 10:5308/01/17
03/22/16

How to create an effective Battleground spreadsheet.

The first thing to do is realize that all Battleground payouts are based on resources. A level 1 pikeman is worth the same as a level 32 Pikeman in resources. The effective power in battle is different.

Remember like the priestess any troop you buy with Maranian Amulets are still resources.

I used excel but you can use any spreadsheet to do these calculations. Remember I do not intend to predict payouts. However, you should be able to.

Step one set up a format for your spreadshett to include all incoming and outgoing resources.

As you will see I set up in groups of types of troops; Infantry Cavalry, Occult and Beastiary.

First look at your Sentry house or appropriate building for that troop. An example the Pikeman says it costs 90 Gold, 60 food and 150 food per pikeman.

Now calculate the total or 300 for each pikeman. Allow a column to multiply times the number the total resources for that kind of troop.

An example if you send 40 pikeman to a Battleground you are sending 12000 resources into it.

I forgot to note to make a total at the bottom to make sure you have a total that you can document

Next create a place to record of your gains and losses.

First the level and type of BG, next the total killed, paid total was simply added to copy that number for the formulas later, the Battle Gain is the troops and resources gained from the Battleground. I always entered that as a Negative so I knew what was being subtracted from my bank. A running total will be used to guesstimate your payout level.

http://prntscr.com/g2xhhu

Later I started adding notes of payouts because I knew I would forget details.

This example shows that anything under a level 20 will automatically get at least 300 resources.

Also, any troops you receive need to be added.

Do not worry about where your bank is as you start. If you track all BGs you will eventually determine your actual bank.

Once you get used to the spreadsheet,you will recognize patterns.

If you are winning Infantry, your bank is low.

If you are winning Cavalry or Occult you are building your bank.

If you win Beastiary then you bank is very full.

The best way to achieve maximum payouts is to yellow 3 BGs near the top, do not yellow your max BG.

Once you yellow both offense and defense start working your way down the list of your battlegrounds alternating between Offense and Defense. If you score a major win. Do not commit beastiary to any Battleground. That is a wate of good troops. The concept is to use Infantry, Cavalry and Occult to win Beastiary. Do not use legendaries. They do not count for resources. Also, a favorite of many a wraith is not purchased with resources so it does not add to the bank.

Any comments or criticism welcome.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2017, 11:1108/01/17
Aug 1, 2017, 11:15(edited)
10/31/14

Thanks I know many have been waiting for these for a while. 

TIP. 

Its best to use online spreadsheet. Like google spreadsheet or Excel online. These way you'll never lose your values
Add some colors to your columns. Spreadsheets can get boring. 
Make it as comprehensive as possible.

Aug 2, 2017, 07:4008/02/17
02/29/16
Thanks for the great guide 
Aug 15, 2017, 18:1508/15/17
03/24/17
Just a question, Does the bank reset every time your battlegrounds do or does it carry over?
Aug 15, 2017, 18:5608/15/17
03/22/16
Clashfan said:

Just a question, Does the bank reset every time your battlegrounds do or does it carry over?
As far as I have seen your bank never resets. I have updated my constantly for over a month. I did stop and copy mine when I received a major payout because I was 24 Million resources negative. I used that as my new 0. I am trying to see if that is accurate. I have no control over the banks but so far this is the best one I have seen published with explanations. There are many others and some are probably more accurate.
Aug 15, 2017, 23:4908/15/17
03/24/17
Thanks for the response.  I stink at BG's so far and I keep trying to learn to be better but for those of us that are mathematically challenged it's a long haul.
Aug 16, 2017, 14:3008/16/17
Aug 16, 2017, 14:33(edited)
03/22/16

Clashfan said:

Thanks for the response.  I stink at BG's so far and I keep trying to learn to be better but for those of us that are mathematically challenged it's a long haul.

I would recommend using a Battleground calculator. There are several out there that will help you not lose as many troops. 

http://stormfallguide.blogspot.com/p/offensive-battlegrounds.html

http://stormfallbgscalculator.com/login_signup.php

Sep 14, 2017, 14:2809/14/17
12/09/16

Please tell me in very detail, what exactly means "TO YELLOW" 3BGs. what means to yellow?

thanks

brunsonthomas said:

The best way to achieve maximum payouts is to yellow 3 BGs near the top, do not yellow your max BG.

Once you yellow both offense and defense start working your way down the list of your battlegrounds alternating between Offense and Defense. If you score a major win. Do not commit beastiary to any Battleground. That is a wate of good troops. The concept is to use Infantry, Cavalry and Occult to win Beastiary. Do not use legendaries. They do not count for resources. Also, a favorite of many a wraith is not purchased with resources so it does not add to the bank.

Sep 15, 2017, 11:1309/15/17
08/30/17

tatiana said:

Please tell me in very detail, what exactly means "TO YELLOW" 3BGs. what means to yellow?

thanks

brunsonthomas said:

Any bg has a bubble with colors from yellow to red where yellow is the lowest value and red the biggest. When you begin to attack or defend that bg the bubble will begin to decrease from red to yellow. For example look at the picture bellow - the bubble is on the middle 

Best regards!
Bogdan

Sep 17, 2017, 11:2009/17/17
11/27/14
If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))
Sep 18, 2017, 16:2609/18/17
02/29/16

Lord Mark said:

If u want to use only pikermans and paladins....please send me a PM when U will reach lvl180 ...assuming that Plarium still exist at that time :))

Have no doubt... We'll still be with you here ;)

Sep 19, 2017, 11:5909/19/17
10/31/14
Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Lord Mark said:

YAP you'll be here all right. But without us. I will be on EVE,LoL, and WoW. I would rather play farmville than be here after 10 years.
Sep 19, 2017, 12:0009/19/17
10/31/14
Lord Mark said:

Pikes work well, you just have to use them in defense BG
Sep 25, 2017, 10:4009/25/17
02/29/16
Oracle said:

Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Lord Mark said:

YAP you'll be here all right. But without us. I will be on EVE,LoL, and WoW. I would rather play farmville than be here after 10 years.
Will see