All Categories

New players and Starting a league advice.

New players and Starting a league advice.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 8, 2015, 05:0312/08/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14
Im a newbie and still learning, will come here often to learn more
Dec 9, 2015, 21:1912/09/15
08/12/14

Well said.

Try to save up your offense and and don't fight everyone if your new. if your in a league make sure you's are not fighting everyone and you's are only getting stronger to make a strong alliance or join one for beacon protection. This is because if you're not in a top league your league might never be unless they do this and it will help attract players who do pay to play the game if you're free to play read this even if your not you could use the head start before you start spending saphires. If your a old player and you're in a dead end league or one with a really low amount of league achievements then you should read the guide and train every person who joins personally and ask your league to help. develop a lone term plan to pass leagues that older than you. If you're a old player and know most of everything don't get complacent be the example finish what you started fight and never lose your conviction. If your not playing to be the #1 league then you're killing the game we need new warriors and new leagues who will become the best with new players who became a lord today leading them now and forever. Everyones just going with the flow not many new challengers they get snatched up quick and recruited nothing wrong with that but you're just a 3rd man you need to be the first and the third.

http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-tutorials/topics/new-players-and-starting-a-league-advice--/

Dec 10, 2015, 20:0612/10/15
06/24/15

Gawdamit! I wish I had this to help me out when starting the game. LoL. Would have been really helpful :D Especially the BG part! Thanks Bro.

#AH Ally
Dec 13, 2015, 00:1812/13/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14
Does the strategy of using multiple weak unit attacks to receive better rewards still apply with all of the recent rule changes for battlegrounds????
Dec 13, 2015, 21:0312/13/15
08/12/14
Yes the force needed to complete bgs is the same still.
Dec 13, 2015, 21:5312/13/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:51(edited)
11/05/14

Thank you Anbu. Now I have another question. You mentioned using infantry & calvary units for low lvl BG's. At what level would you recommend starting to use stronger units and what type of units??

Also, I want to make sure I'm reading the chart you provided the link for correctly. First, I assume the level column refers to the BG level. But, does the force column show the number of units or their strenght?? And, does it represent the TOTAL number of units or strength needed to COMPLETE the BG??

Lastly, how do tell the difference between units that I have built vs rewarded units???
Dec 14, 2015, 00:3712/14/15
11/15/15

play with fun be prepared too take sacrifice over honor forming allinces will make adiffernt leuage if ever to START one.Make sure you have active players each day asking would be a privillidge to do so. Get inactive players out of yours as they can fullfillled with false intent to play. Power up level 20 townhall power house of scroll level 20 powering level 20 embassy as well as resources are not a essiantial to start as a evenly done playinstrumnet of your to be team. Start diplomacy with the ones whoom are trustwourthy to do their bit as players while stick with the highest placed one for getting their extra`s out of your league. Only give one teammember embassodor priveledge as he is fiot to do so bringing in teamplayers. You do not have to big to beat a team but knowing them all is a heavy burding to bear....

follow these guidelines and we should have fun playing getting oberon seek for the king to come......

Dec 14, 2015, 10:3012/14/15

Regarding the BG, beside doing it for quality and food management, i.e. exchanging low level units for higher level units consuming less food (which I don't know at what level would start to become an issue for the player, I only know food wastage due to surplus is an issue to me despite having fairly large infantry units, I can't imagine if all my infantry units turn into bestiary I would have to start giving out food to my enemies as well), can I be sure doing the BG gives out a net positive outcome? In other words, the reward I get will always be more than the investment + tax I put in?

From my own experience, I found out sometimes the BG can give out enough reward that will boost my army offensive power considerably, but as I continue to do it like for 2 days, it becomes costly to me as it reduces my offensive power lower, although I am not sure if lower than initially because I keep building and getting new units.

If doing BG is touted as a type of investment, then the reward from doing normal BGs over time should help to grow the army much stronger, excluding the quest rewards. Or else, it can't be touted as an investment, but merely an exchange like forex turning a currency into another currency minus some broker's commission.

Dec 14, 2015, 12:3712/14/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14
I can't give you any specifics or examples, because I dont have amazing BG mechanics but I do know that you can gain offense/defense if you play them correctly and use the right units, it comes down to how the payout system works... Some units are better for battlegrounds than others and can contribute more to the final payout, I have found that barbarians and dwarfs are pretty good units for defense, but it comes down to what you need
Dec 14, 2015, 12:5412/14/15
Oct 12, 2020, 12:02(edited)
here to pick up some free diamonds/coins or whatever they be.  Pardon the intrusion  :)
Dec 14, 2015, 22:5112/14/15
Jan 25, 2016, 22:28(edited)
08/12/14

BG's start off really easy it you can do them all day until you get around level 10-15 then they get harder. And you won't have to worry about using stronger units than infantry or cavalry infantry will pay out in cavalry units if used to complete the bg. Cavalry units will payout in occult or beastiary units. The link with the BG's and force required to complete is simple to use just use two waves of units you trained in your barracks it's not hard to keep track since the units you trained will be used only for bg's or raiding and attacking castles or defending. In wave one you want to send half the amount need to complete the bg then in wave 2 you want to send 100% of force needed to complete the reward wlll only be given if you have a quest that says complete a a bg and what level it is. What happens is new players build up a army and run at BG's hoping for pay out but you need to put up units to build a reserve and make sure is always increased after bg pay outs and build up waves of infantry and cavalry to send at bg's and raid for resources so you can train more units and upgrade buildings and then use the link with bg's lvk1-100 force limit and use the two wave method 50% wave 1and 100% wave 2. then track your increases and get ready for the next level when you get a quest for it.

Your bg's should always give out a increase in offense sometimes it might be a little less but it will still be a trade for better units you can't train yet like dragons for units you can train like killing of knights you've trained to get rewarded in dragons even if you went down offense a little your food consum also went down to yuo can have more units in your army possible make sure you always get a reward for bg's if you don't then you didn't have a quest for it and should have waited until tomorrow when the bg quests refresh. mistakes can happen and you have to be careful.

Edit: make sure you always have a  quest for the bg you want to do other wise you have to use the investment scheme some guy made a post about it with more views i do think that ways good but takes lots of going over numbers and still haven't ran a test to see which way works out better the banking system or the bg quest only system the reason why is use my system is i assume one day the bgs will be so high that it will take a month just to save up to do one imagine if all of your bg's required that much saving up for. i can see the increase in points earned from bg's and there might be some cross over buff from using the banking system and then using my method of doing your bg's that you have a quest for because it's a guarantee pay out if use units you trained  and did a cross between units you trained a example is getting a payout in all dragons and a few griffons from a high level bg from using knights and some infantry to knock out the first 3 bars then for the last yellow bar send a large wave of occult necromancers and boom you got a ton of dragons i know knights being used only payout in more offense in wyvern being rewarded but a cross over mix can lead to a large payout. using units you trained only it's hard to lose. having all bg's yellow barred i heard helps at increases and my method of 50% of the force at this link for the level and in wave 2 it's 100% because it can help with losses and I heard there was a buff to increase rewards by sending twice as much as what ever is left at the bg also having all your wear houses and barns full can increase gains as well.
Dec 15, 2015, 00:3412/15/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14
Thank you
Jan 22, 2016, 09:3701/22/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
This will be a very low level question but I am a newbie to these games so be gentle!  I have started to build up my fortifications and despite having built a wall around the castle there are gaps (of 1 square on grid) that I can't seem to plug?!! I have towers on all four corners and a couple of gates .  How do I fill in these spaces? Thanks in advance...
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 22, 2016, 09:4701/22/16
01/06/15
By moving around the sections you should be able to arrange so there are no gaps. It all is supposed to fit. 
Jan 25, 2016, 22:3501/25/16
Jan 25, 2016, 22:36(edited)
08/12/14
If you notice a gap take care of it early i had 1 small gap when i started my wall did a little moving around made it smaller it turned into another gap i went in a different direction and it turned into a even larger gap all the way on the other side where i ended my wall. I can fix it but that will take a lot of time so that's for a day when I'm not to busy or tired of looking at them. my castles pretty nice either way x:1496 y: 1836 drop me a line if you want to join my league be serious if you show up.
Mar 4, 2016, 09:4603/04/16
Mar 4, 2016, 09:48(edited)
Just wanted to say thank you, ANBU, for your detailed explanation about the sequencing of two attack strategy to overcome BGs and get rewarded with higher level units than you used for that quest. I was not even aware of how that worked until I read your explanation previously. I'm a level 50 player, but just started a few months ago and haven't reached any level 15 Bgs yet. i think I'm at 13 now, and the losses seem very excessive for the payouts, unless I get over 1000 points during the time they are available, then I get some higher numbers and better units; if lower it seems not worth it to even participate in them. I do already know about the keeping units stored in catacombs, and building up the spies in the keep to deter others from spying on you. Most only send less than 10, and with my 25 I win, and they find out nothing; but my real motive is to protect the ones I train over night that I pick up the next day, and put in the catacombs as soon as I log on, first thing. I only have about 125, but am buying more all the time. OnceI get to the higher level you mentioned I'll have lots of questions. Thanks again. Later bro'
Mar 10, 2016, 04:2903/10/16
08/20/15
Your post is very well written, and full of very helpful advice. Thank You!
Mar 11, 2016, 19:0803/11/16
Mar 11, 2016, 19:13(edited)
08/12/14
Thank you, it means a lot to me. I'm glad it has helped so many and for all the support it has received. This makes me proud and feel responsible to help out more. Very early on i saw the direction the game was headed and knew that all new players need a guide. After working with countless new players and seeing how it helped them i put a huge effort into working with new players and creating a guide and making it available on the forum, This game needs to be understood and broken down on many levels to create a lasting effect on new players and be enjoyable to them. It was all thanks to my own dedication and handful of good players in the game that i've met who helped me out when i started and wanted to learn.
Mar 15, 2016, 10:1003/15/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14
nice job !
Mar 23, 2016, 17:1803/23/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:44(edited)
11/05/14

This is very helpful. Just started a day ago and still learning concept.

Thanks