Noob BG Tips

51 Reply
Nemanja
26 January, 2017, 10:34 PM UTC

My Lords,

so far I've seen hundred presumptions of BG algorithm. From my own experience there are more variables than those ones explained in this topic.
Nemanja
UTC +1:00
Snowgoon
27 January, 2017, 1:41 AM UTC

RandomDrop said:

One thing I have been wondering is do I upgrade items with moon coins or save them.? Right now I have upgraded my class 1 mythical items for using inf in the BGs. I have over 5000 coins and it seem long way off to get bestiary items to upgrade.

I have concentrated on Infantry because I use a lot of archers and pikes etc
I think we can get them to +70% by using 2 rings, and swapping them as needed

http://prntscr.com/e0uowx

It takes forever to get decent equipment for cavalry, occult and bestiary and you would need trillions on mooncoins to upgrade them

I can't be bothered even trying, and would never buy any chests nor keys, and never buy new slots for inventory. That is just a scam

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
Lord Mark
27 January, 2017, 5:51 AM UTC

Ryu said:

Re: Better gear, level 4 gear is awarded from level 61 onwards.

I got a 94.3 million ress payout from a level 90, is there an upper limit on the reward, or only a minimum? (Better question: What is the upper limit, compared to the minimum reward?)

This are my payouts at that lvls. In the main post u can see my biggest one.

At every stage I saved a photo with my biggest win.

Ryu
27 January, 2017, 8:06 AM UTC

For the collection; unless i miscalculated its 94.324.932 ress. Non-quest.
UTC +2:00
brunsonthomas
27 January, 2017, 6:13 PM UTC

Ryu said:

http://prntscr.com/e14x5v

From what I saw in 

http://stormfall.playtamin.com/infestations.html

You had a very good payout. I did not do the calculations but I think they are comp[arable to the estimated max payout.

UTC +5:00
toggit
27 January, 2017, 7:57 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

Ryu said:

From what I saw in 

You had a very good payout. I did not do the calculations but I think they are comp[arable to the estimated max payout.

Brunson, that was a presidio

This is the 'average' payout from level 90 red+green ballegrounds

7125 griffins but 1725 wyverns, so I will leave others to calculate total res values :)

brunsonthomas
27 January, 2017, 8:34 PM UTC
toggit said:

brunsonthomas said:

Ryu said:

From what I saw in 

Brunson, that was a presidio

This is the 'average' payout from level 90 red+green ballegrounds

7125 griffins but 1725 wyverns, so I will leave others to calculate total res values :)

Thank you for pointing out that I missed the word Presidio. I did the math 7125*7500+1425*19000=80512500 average or significantly less than the 94324952 received by RYU. Well done.
UTC +5:00
djmoody
28 January, 2017, 10:24 AM UTC

In the spirit of helping people and continuing your good work.

Lord Mark said:

1. U must have the barns and warehouse full with food, iron and gold.

This is not essential. Don't feel you HAVE to do this. 

You can get resource as part of your payout. There is an urban myth that pays outs in resource drain you bank by a significant multiple of the resource received. IT ISN'T TRUE. Because of the urban myth most players will only do BG's when full of resource, paranoid about losses significant bank.

So getting a bit of resource isn't the end of the world. If you simply want to do a bit of BG'ing but can't max your res don't let it hold you back. 

Clearly if you can raid a bit and fill your warehouses prior to BG'ing you should because all of us want troops not resource so having your troops turned back into resource via BG's is a slightly backward step (but only a very marginal one, given the quantity of resource involved)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
djmoody
28 January, 2017, 10:32 AM UTC

Lord Mark said:

2. Activate Paragon.

3. Activate Dragon Stone Boost.

4. Activate 20% off or def boost.

This would be a waste of limited boosts. 

BG payouts are all about loading resource to the average banking value of the target BG and getting your payout. Loading resource is loading resource - it doesn't matter whether you are efficient in the fights or not. In fact being efficient just delays the number of BG's you have to hit before you get paid out (because it slows down the rate of your resource loading).

Only if you are trying to run one of the BG tricks for free troops should you use boosts. And only then if your army is too small to hit the required lvl BG so you need to boost to make it big enough.

Again if your army is only just capable of killing your high level BG's, you might also run them during a tournament to make killing BG's easier and to progress further in the quest using less troops.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Ryu
28 January, 2017, 10:34 AM UTC

Level 95, non-quest, payout value 97 512 130. Much less than the minimum bank value given, this time. But a net win in strength for the series.
djmoody
28 January, 2017, 10:38 AM UTC

The average banking value of a lvl 95 is 94.8m. 

Payouts are randomised around this value. In the old world to approx + or - 17.5%. The variability seems to have gone up to somewhere in the region of +  or - 25% (in rare cases above this).

As the BG's are now loss making most people are signifciantly over banked when they get a payout. This leads most payouts to be at the upper end of the range (as it always tries to give you a good payout if you are over banked).

So in your case Ryu you got exactly what you should have. And you are right his table is wrong (have seen variants of this floating around for a while and there is the Oracle one that is nearly x2 the real values)
djmoody
28 January, 2017, 10:53 AM UTC

Lord Mark said:

Saga quest can be done with any kind of units...the force is equal no matter the unit (u can verify with the BG calculator)

When u will do the last SAGA (no matter off or def) u will get the Oberon castle skin.

It is recomanded to attack with low units and get better ones from the quests...but U will wait a long time.

Also urban myth way to do Saga quests.

Saga quests should be done:

a) with the troops you have the biggest bonus on

b) all done at once with the absolute maximum boost you can achieve/are willing to pay for

Fist up couple of things about Saga quests:

- The rewards of Saga quests are calculated exactly equal to the power defending them.

- The contents of each quest are completely even to beastiary / occult / cavalry / infantry - i.e. 25% power in each

If the defence to kill equals the reward they don't sound that much fun. But it is because the calculation was done by Plarium with no lost arts, no boosts. 

Simply with lost arts at lvl 20 (for 40% boost) you are going to make a tidy profit out of your saga quests.

Now with shards, armour, boosts etc etc etc you can make an enormous profit out of them. Even if with average stats, if you get to BG 100 and kill them all in one go you will make approx 3m off and 3m def profit.

So now your know. Killing saga quests is all about killing them efficiently for the minimum troop loss you can, so you make the most profit.

If you want to go super efficient then add legendaries in a number whose losses will round down to zero in the battle calc (free boost to your troops - but recommended only for those that understand the raid battle mechanics).
djmoody
28 January, 2017, 10:54 AM UTC

Now don't say I don't help you guys out.

Some pro tips above :)

And yes - you should have been in KoK from the start of your game for free access to this kind of info.

Ryu
28 January, 2017, 11:18 AM UTC
Thanks for the tips, DJ. Figuring stuff out is fun, but some experiments are nerve-wrecking expensive.
BiohazarD
30 January, 2017, 4:24 PM UTC

Snowgoon said:

Your info on BG Yellowing seems to be obsolete

Maybe you need to read this (from facebook) - http://prntscr.com/e0agf0

Stormfall: Age of War

18 January at 17:00 ·

Developer tips: Battlegrounds

The system of Battlegrounds is a tough nut to crack, but our developers are ready to shed some light on how they work!

Here you go, my Lords and Ladies!

1. All the Units you send to Battlegrounds count toward your future reward.

2. It is important that you engage new Battlegrounds only after you have defeated the previous ones.

What is your advice on how to win at Battlegrounds, my Lords and Ladies?

Hit (y) and share this post if you want to learn more about Battlegrounds! Leave a comment and share your thoughts!

Raid a Battleground and grab your reward: http://plrm.me/Stormfall_FB

#Stormfal

*********************************************************************************************

Also,

Activating bonuses from Paragon, Dragon Stone etc might allow you to defeat battlegrounds with fewer losses, but this will reduce the total resource value of units sacrificed.

Many would claim it is better to remove all boosts, including those from Hero Avatar etc, which would fill our resource bank more quickly.
This also implies that level 32 units are much too powerful for battlegrounds

It's not better to remove boosts.  Using units with more boosts just means you'll have to kill more bgs before you get a payout, but killing each one will cost fewer troops.  So in the end you load the same amount of units in and get the same size payout, you just get more xp and tournament points along the way if you have more boosts active.  However, it's usually not worth wasting sapphire boosts or dragon stone boosts just to get a few % more points.  

Also, a portion of the resources loaded into a battleground are not transferred into the bank until that battleground is killed.  This seems to be approximately 30% of the total resources loaded.  
Juglar del Viento
30 January, 2017, 5:57 PM UTC

Lord Mark said:

SAGA 

Saga quest can be done with any kind of units...the force is equal no matter the unit (u can verify with the BG calculator)

When u will do the last SAGA (no matter off or def) u will get the Oberon castle skin.

It is recomanded to attack with low units and get better ones from the quests...but U will wait a long time.

This is not a skin, is the defautl type of image u get when u reach level 80 or 81 (dont sure now) and appears if u dont use a skin bought on black market.

Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
Rosconz
30 January, 2017, 6:54 PM UTC

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Mark said:

SAGA 

This is not a skin, is the defautl type of image u get when u reach level 80 or 81 (dont sure now) and appears if u dont use a skin bought on black market.

Just confirming it is L81 when you get that image. I got it just the other day.

UTC +12:00
Lord Mark
31 January, 2017, 2:56 AM UTC
Rosconz said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Mark said:

SAGA 

Just confirming it is L81 when you get that image. I got it just the other day.

I know players of lvl 83 that dont have the skin...
Stewart
31 January, 2017, 5:14 AM UTC
Then they have another skin active, disable ALL skins and it will show as that is not a skin, it is the look of the castle lvl81 and above.
Noodle maker extreme
Ryu
23 February, 2017, 7:19 AM UTC
djmoody said:

Now don't say I don't help you guys out.

Some pro tips above :)

And yes - you should have been in KoK from the start of your game for free access to this kind of info.

Any idea what the minimum distance between two payouts has to be? I certainly hope right now it does not forget balance after payout time (boy would that be a stupid system).
1721199 users registered; 42554 topics; 271152 posts; our newest member:Castle №1243677