Banking Battlegrounds

Banking Battlegrounds

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Lord OberonCharacter
Nov 25, 2015, 10:2111/25/15
01/06/15
Lord Sison, ALL units count. But those you purchase with sapphires contribute less resources to the "BG bank". It's not a good idea to use them for the BG's. 
Nov 26, 2015, 21:1011/26/15
TBoan said:

So I must spend the bank amount on troops? Troops I have won in a BG or  quest or resurected from the infirmary do not count in my bank total?
of course they count on banking ,it is the units you can revive free their recourse value  is going on your banking
Nov 30, 2015, 19:5311/30/15
Nov 30, 2015, 20:00(edited)

hi

i realized today why juglar gave us this picture on the first page at the  last comment .

the prize of every level is specific so the recourse  we spent should nt be more than this we take on every level.

i guess that if i hit a battleground but i lose more  recourses than the current level of bg need  this extra recourse i spent  on this battleground go on the  new banking.

am i right?

any help will be apreciated ! :)

Nov 30, 2015, 20:1611/30/15
04/10/15

sison said:

hi

i realized today why juglar gave us this picture on the first page at the  last comment .

the prize of every level is specific so the recourse  we spent should nt be more than this we take on every level.

i guess that if i hit a battleground but i lose more  recourses than the current level of bg need  this extra recourse i spent  on this battleground go on the  new banking.

am i right?

any help will be apreciated ! :)

you are right. if i havent missunderstood you if you bank for example 33M and receive a payout of 30M...3M still remains in your bank

but i think this 3M remaining does not count in giving back the last payout to balur so i think you have to bank 30M plus tax.

hope this can clarify your doubs

Regards

Nov 30, 2015, 21:0911/30/15

yes i understand you it remain ,

thnx

Dec 2, 2015, 08:1612/02/15
09/04/15

I wish I had joined this forum earlier, some great info on BG tactics and how to get rewards.

Do I understand this correctly. 

Don't used any units you get back from BG's, only use units you create in the sentry house as this is how you pay back the bank?

You need to spend in resources to create units, Gold, Iron and Food the same amount as you last recieved plus 12.5% to get the next reward from a BG?

I will continue to read through the forum topics.

Dec 2, 2015, 08:2112/02/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:11(edited)

Kiwijohn,

You can use any units you wish however only units that are produced with resources count more (example; eldritch units give less to the bank) This does not matter if you get them from battlegrounds or any other means, just as long as they are the unit that costs resources to make.

If you receive barbarians back from battlegrounds, they will contribute the exact amount as if you were to produce them yourself.

Edit; you do not need to make the bank positive again to receive a reward, every battleground you should get something even if it is not huge. The bank for some reason runs into the negatives, it just means you are less likely to get a big payout until you can pull yourself out of the negatives
Dec 12, 2015, 12:1812/12/15

I have a few questions to ask.

1. Theoretically speaking, assuming if I build a super massively large army (just theory) that I can even send them to BG lvl 100 and not even 1 unit dies, does that mean I would get zero reward?

2. This 12.5% tax, does it mean no matter how much I build I would lose 12.5% over time? Meaning to say that, if I build a large enough army that only dies 1 unit per BG attempted (regardless of the BG level, even if it is at lvl 100 BG, and even if my army has a trillion dragons, theoretically), and I no longer continue building this army, that over time I would lose my entire army because of this 12.5% tax?

3. If I am a dumb person and do not consider the resource bank, and I simply build my army and then send them to die (excl. the eldritch and legendary units) like all in one go, and keep doing this like a dumb player, that over time I would still receive my rewards that are more or less comparable to a smart player that considers the resource bank in getting the reward he wants?
Dec 12, 2015, 13:2612/12/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:49(edited)
11/05/14

1- I tested this with below level 10 battlegrounds, and you will eventually get pretty far negative and the game will not reward you until you lose units, so I would assume the same applies to a level 100, you would get units for awhile then be capped and unable to get more.

2- The tax is resource based, typically battlegrounds trade numbers for quality, E.G pikes for dragons. You can gain offense/defense from battlegrounds if played correctly, however you will lose numbers. Just depends how you want your army to develop, and more importantly if you play them correctly.

3- you would still receive rewards for throwing your army at it randomly HOWEVER if you send say 1 dragon at it, and 1 dragon costs 100k resources (theory) to build, that would mean it would only give 87.5k resources back, so that 1 dragon would never be returned equally (if that makes sense?)

It is why when sending units at battlegrounds people prefer to send small units, like infantry-cavalry because they typically are the fastest to make and really good resource wise for battlegrounds. 

Dec 12, 2015, 13:5012/12/15
Dec 12, 2015, 13:51(edited)
04/10/15

gaianeka said:

I have a few questions to ask.

1. Theoretically speaking, assuming if I build a super massively large army (just theory) that I can even send them to BG lvl 100 and not even 1 unit dies, does that mean I would get zero reward?

With the new bg system you always get a reward, the small reward, which consist of the 10% of the big payout of that level. I mean if the big payout for that 100 are 131 milions of resources you are going to be rewarded with 13 milions of resources. Nice trade you lost 0 troops and get 13M but your bank is now in negative of 13M. it could be nice if that theoreticall case could be.

2. This 12.5% tax, does it mean no matter how much I build I would lose 12.5% over time? Meaning to say that, if I build a large enough army that only dies 1 unit per BG attempted (regardless of the BG level, even if it is at lvl 100 BG, and even if my army has a trillion dragons, theoretically), and I no longer continue building this army, that over time I would lose my entire army because of this 12.5% tax?

The tax can vary. The 12.5% is more or less to be sure for the big payout. Some people gets his big payout spending a tax of 1% and some not. 12.5% seems to be a average in most cases people gets his big payout. The more you tax the more sure you are to get a big payout..

In the fact you present, if every time you hit a 100 with one troop loose, the banking system loose his efect…. Why banking if i hit a high level and only loose one troop?? In fact you dont receive a big payout, but you receive the 10% …then why i have to take care of my bank if i only loose one troop and receive 13M in troops ¿? …lol i wish i were able to do that, i will forget my tracking sheet .

3. If I am a dumb person and do not consider the resource bank, and I simply build my army and then send them to die (excl. the eldritch and legendary units) like all in one go, and keep doing this like a dumb player, that over time I would still receive my rewards that are more or less comparable to a smart player that considers the resource bank in getting the reward he wants?

If you send your troops to finish the bg in one hit you have to income in your bank your looses and gains from your bank the troops you receive. The difference remains in your bank…after a lot lot lot of hits you sure will be able to receive a big payout if in this way you increase your bank…i mean every hit your looses should be higher than your winnings. If the opposite happens…then your bank decreases so it could be harder to get a big payout.

If you send your troops to yellow bgs, you are sure your bank increases so then you only have to finish one to receive the big payout when you have spent the required amount.

hope this can help you

Regards

Dec 12, 2015, 14:0612/12/15

Okay, I got another question to ask, the most important one.

This BG stuff, touted as a form of investment (resource-wise), so is this investment arrangement a positive one, or negative?

Say I need to bank in 1 mil resources + 12.5% tax to get the big payout. Will this big payout (or in combination with subsequent payouts) be worth more than the investment of 1 mil resources + 12.5% tax? If so, then may I know what is the average compounded rate of return of such investment?

Say I bank in 1 mil resources, then 0.8 mil resources, then 1.2 mil resources, etc (totaling 3 mil, inclusive of tax), will I get something like 0.8 mil worth of reward, then 1.2 mil worth of reward, then 0.9 mil worth of reward, then 0.6 mil worth of reward (totaling 3.5 mil worth of resource-wise rewards, so I get a return on investment of 16.67%, hypothetically)? Something like that?

Dec 12, 2015, 17:3612/12/15
Dec 12, 2015, 17:41(edited)
04/10/15

gaianeka said:

Okay, I got another question to ask, the most important one.

This BG stuff, touted as a form of investment (resource-wise), so is this investment arrangement a positive one, or negative?

Say I need to bank in 1 mil resources + 12.5% tax to get the big payout. Will this big payout (or in combination with subsequent payouts) be worth more than the investment of 1 mil resources + 12.5% tax? If so, then may I know what is the average compounded rate of return of such investment?

Say I bank in 1 mil resources, then 0.8 mil resources, then 1.2 mil resources, etc (totaling 3 mil, inclusive of tax), will I get something like 0.8 mil worth of reward, then 1.2 mil worth of reward, then 0.9 mil worth of reward, then 0.6 mil worth of reward (totaling 3.5 mil worth of resource-wise rewards, so I get a return on investment of 16.67%, hypothetically)? Something like that?

It depends on which level you want your next big payout.

an example, you received your last big payout in a level 50 and payed u 14.5M. Now you have to spend that amount + tax (total 16.3M) to get your nex big payout. well you have done it and if you hit another 50 it will payyou another 14.5M (more or less) so you have loose the tax. but if you continue banking to have 17.4M you can hit a level 53 which pays that amount.

hope this can solve ur doubts

Regards
Dec 13, 2015, 01:2512/13/15
Juglar del Viento said:

It depends on which level you want your next big payout.

an example, you received your last big payout in a level 50 and payed u 14.5M. Now you have to spend that amount + tax (total 16.3M) to get your nex big payout. well you have done it and if you hit another 50 it will payyou another 14.5M (more or less) so you have loose the tax. but if you continue banking to have 17.4M you can hit a level 53 which pays that amount.

hope this can solve ur doubts

Regards
Do you have a chart that shows how much I need to bank and how much its big payout will be for each of the level?
Dec 16, 2015, 03:2312/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
Question, I read the bank expires. Any idea how long that is?
Dec 16, 2015, 12:2212/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14
KillSpree said:

Question, I read the bank expires. Any idea how long that is?
Are you referring to the reset time of the battleground bank rewards?
Dec 16, 2015, 14:5312/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:04(edited)
11/05/14

from the time I put resources in the bank till I use them, will the expire. or is there something else that would cause the amount in the bank to go down?

I am still a noob LOL
Dec 16, 2015, 18:0912/16/15
04/10/15

Lord KillSpree

The resources banked never expire. the only thing that decreases your bank are the payouts you receive.

Regards
Dec 17, 2015, 20:3612/17/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14

hay thank you,

But I am still not sure how this works.

Lets say I have 1000 in bank

I kill off 50 in troops, now I have 1050 in bank

get a pay out of 100

would I have 950 or 900 in bank

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 18, 2015, 10:5612/18/15
10/04/13
KillSpree said:

hay thank you,

But I am still not sure how this works.

Lets say I have 1000 in bank

I kill off 50 in troops, now I have 1050 in bank

get a pay out of 100

would I have 950 or 900 in bank

Everything you lose adds to the bank, and everything you win subtracts from the bank, plus a small tax (figure 3%).  So you'd have 947. 
Dec 19, 2015, 22:5412/19/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:42(edited)
11/05/14

This post, along with the Battleground section in the "New players and Starting a league advice" post have a lot of great information on BG's. Both of these posts should be cross-linked together with shortcuts in each.....for currious newbs like me.

I was wondering though.....does a table or chart exist which lists all of the various units & their resource costs??

A newb question, sorry..........What is a CC Player????

Thanx for all the great info guys.....keep up the good work.