All Categories

Plarium dropping the ball.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 1, 2018, 12:2503/01/18
02/20/17

Well in the time i have played this game everything went backwards, now we get challenges that does not matter except if you cheat. 1st we don't have anymore experience exhibitions as before and when they do do an experience exhibition it last for 15 days stupid if you ask me because the winnings are not nearly in line with the overall loses. Now they are starting to do it with the battle ground tournaments, now you might call me a moaning player but where is the gain in losing 10mil offence or defence units and all you get for your troubles are 95 barbarians  really plarium wake the F up. you dont pay for anything we do. Further more with league quests now we only get some shitty sapphires and not much else really we still lose millions as leagues some better form of return would be appreciated. After all its not you that keeps us going it is we us the players that keeps you going. without our money where will you be? can assure you you will not be hosting any games. there will always be new game developers that will gladly take the money players spend here and give them what they need, want and like you aint the only game out there. OR JUST CALL IT QUITS AND DELETE STORMFALL CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE BALUR HAS ALREADY BEATEN OBERON

Thanks Chris out

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 1, 2018, 13:3303/01/18
07/25/15

Well, they want you to spend on revive troops right? Its all about the spending. You spend x to get y, and you end up taking a loss regardless. And whatever you win by spending doesn't have near enough value of what you spent to win it in the first place.... 
Mar 1, 2018, 18:3403/01/18
08/03/14

with plarium its always a loss for the player. 

there is no win in any aspect of this "game"

Plarium wants us to pay for the privilege of losing to them. 
Mar 2, 2018, 12:5303/02/18
02/29/16

Hello.

Thanks for your feedback! Of course, we understand that players keep the games running and we never forget about it.

Taking into account, it's a war game, it's a normal situation when your Units die in a Battle. Still, there are mechanics in the game that can help you to protect them and it's only your decision whether to send your Units to the Battle or not.

As for the Tournaments and other Events, there is a plenty of them. It was done so that every player could choose the Tournament that suits him better and the Reward that he thinks worth taking part in the Event.

Mar 2, 2018, 14:3603/02/18
08/03/14
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Thanks for your feedback! Of course, we understand that players keep the games running and we never forget about it.

Taking into account, it's a war game, it's a normal situation when your Units die in a Battle. Still, there are mechanics in the game that can help you to protect them and it's only your decision whether to send your Units to the Battle or not.

As for the Tournaments and other Events, there is a plenty of them. It was done so that every player could choose the Tournament that suits him better and the Reward that he thinks worth taking part in the Event.

can we stop using the word "reward"   its more like consolation prizes in consideration of our great losses. 
Mar 2, 2018, 15:4503/02/18
Mar 2, 2018, 15:47(edited)
12/18/14

IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

can we stop using the word "reward"   its more like consolation prizes in consideration of our great losses. 

Build times are too slow in the game to replace losses and tournaments do not replace our losses for the most part

I can't even take part in the development race and help my league achieve better rewards I have nothing left to upgrade that doesn't cost sketches which I basically cannot get from game play because I can't play the tournament
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 2, 2018, 16:3003/02/18
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Build times are too slow in the game to replace losses and tournaments do not replace our losses for the most part

I can't even take part in the development race and help my league achieve better rewards I have nothing left to upgrade that doesn't cost sketches which I basically cannot get from game play because I can't play the tournament
Yeah it would be nice if Plarium could decrease unit build times, but unfortunately they decided it would negatively impact game balance. 
Mar 2, 2018, 16:4903/02/18
Mar 2, 2018, 16:50(edited)
12/18/14
BiohazarD said:

Jezebel said:

IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Yeah it would be nice if Plarium could decrease unit build times, but unfortunately they decided it would negatively impact game balance. 
what they should do is if someone completes 10 raid per day they will get a 25% build reduction time for a 24 hr period - we all know coiners don't raid and build :))
Mar 5, 2018, 03:0203/05/18
09/29/16

djmoody said:

It would have been an interesting feature to the game if daily build speed was variable and tied to the amount of sapphire purchased. That way the balance between actually playing the game and coining it could have been maintained without the need to expend much effort or clever thinking.

It's the crux of the death of the game though. Rate of build through playing hasn't changed much but the value of coining is some x30 times greater than 3 years ago. Result - ludicrous game imbalance, people leaving in droves, death of games.

It is truely frustrating as there are loads of ways Plarium could have continued to make good money out of these games without killing their long term.

Just had a really cool member of my lil league inform me he is quitting the game. On 3 servers. I might be mistaken but he has his own league on S3. 

Another one bites the dust because P hardly listens.
Mar 5, 2018, 12:5203/05/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

I discussed the question of speeding up Units training time with devs for several times. They said they don't have plans to decrease it as even if it's done, it will be done for all players meaning your Enemies also will be able to build Units faster.

Plus, as in real life, to build big and strong Army you need some time. 

Mar 5, 2018, 17:2003/05/18
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

I discussed the question of speeding up Units training time with devs for several times. They said they don't have plans to decrease it as even if it's done, it will be done for all players meaning your Enemies also will be able to build Units faster.

I don't care if my enemies can train faster as well. The game need faster build times period. Because there is no balance between coiners and non coiners. If you willing to spend, you can buy yourself as much troops you want instant. So, if a coiner get his troop training time decreased as well, we dont really care about that. 

Also when we pointed to real world and life in the past... You said "this is a fantasy game"..... don't even go there.

Mar 5, 2018, 22:2603/05/18
08/03/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

the majority of the players feel the game is dead. have you asked the dev's what they plan on doing about that?   other than deny requests from customers to make the product better?

its so frustrating.  This used to be a great game in the beginning and the devs starting making all these changes and players started quitting in droves. 

now, there is no point in playing the game.  all actions lead to losses.  there is nothing to gain in this game.  there is no strategy in everything operating at a loss. 

On server 2, those that were able to get their fortresses to level 19 and 20 are permanently installed in the top ranks.   There is almost nothing the other leagues can do to get into the top ranks. Beacons are indefensible with the way plarium has allowed coining.    fortresses are at level 15 with no way of getting to the next level because there arent fortresses to downgrade.   the level 19 and 20 forts have so much defense in them they are invincible under current rules. 

the game is stagnant.  no way to move forward on server 2.  sure, you can go and capture a few level 1 beacons and rank up for a few hours, but you just face massive losses if you try to hold your rank.  all the game is anymore is losses.  no wins.  no rewards.
Mar 7, 2018, 00:4003/07/18
11/27/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

I dont need time! I need just few clicks from VISA ...take few boosts...and the army is in my catacomb.

Mar 7, 2018, 01:4403/07/18
09/29/16

djmoody said:

Read the post?

What you said totally missed the point. Very frustrating.

What he said ^^
Mar 9, 2018, 15:2103/09/18
02/29/16

IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

the majority of the players feel the game is dead. have you asked the dev's what they plan on doing about that?   other than deny requests from customers to make the product better?

its so frustrating.  This used to be a great game in the beginning and the devs starting making all these changes and players started quitting in droves. 

now, there is no point in playing the game.  all actions lead to losses.  there is nothing to gain in this game.  there is no strategy in everything operating at a loss. 

On server 2, those that were able to get their fortresses to level 19 and 20 are permanently installed in the top ranks.   There is almost nothing the other leagues can do to get into the top ranks. Beacons are indefensible with the way plarium has allowed coining.    fortresses are at level 15 with no way of getting to the next level because there arent fortresses to downgrade.   the level 19 and 20 forts have so much defense in them they are invincible under current rules. 

the game is stagnant.  no way to move forward on server 2.  sure, you can go and capture a few level 1 beacons and rank up for a few hours, but you just face massive losses if you try to hold your rank.  all the game is anymore is losses.  no wins.  no rewards.

Hello!

Devs have a lot of plans for the new features that can be added to the game. At the moment, there are two tasks they're focused on:

- the new game engine that will improve the game performance and will help us to get rid of Flash (yes, we know it will be dead until 2020);

- make updates to Beacons feature that will make it more interesting and beneficial for players.

As for the suggestions, devs don't refuse all of them. I understand that as experienced players you have a lot of suggestions on how to make the game better, but devs can't just add everything suggested by the players. That's why this informative topic about the suggestions we do not accept was created: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/31546_which-suggestions-we--do-not--accept/

Mar 11, 2018, 08:4303/11/18
08/31/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

As others have pointed out, the fact that big armies take time only for those who don't buy them is the issue.  The balance has gotten so out of whack that even top leagues would be hard pressed to hold a beacon under the current rules.  

As a player who stopped spending long ago, I have watched the gameplay go way downhill.  It used to be a smart player could do fairly well, get some good wins, and have a good time.  Now, just about everything you do in the game operates at a loss.  The game has functionally become pay to play because to do virtually anything in the game, you lose troops and the production times are so long that if you do not want to opt out of virtually everything, you gotta pony up hundreds of dollars.  

This "pay to play" mentality is not unique to Stormfall.  I have seen a good many other "pay optional" games take that direction.  I assume there must be good short term profits in it, but I doubt that such a model has much of a future.  How long can you keep even the whales paying thousands just to fight each other as the rest bail out in droves?  

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 11, 2018, 08:5503/11/18
10/04/13
ThatGuy said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

As others have pointed out, the fact that big armies take time only for those who don't buy them is the issue.  The balance has gotten so out of whack that even top leagues would be hard pressed to hold a beacon under the current rules.  

As a player who stopped spending long ago, I have watched the gameplay go way downhill.  It used to be a smart player could do fairly well, get some good wins, and have a good time.  Now, just about everything you do in the game operates at a loss.  The game has functionally become pay to play because to do virtually anything in the game, you lose troops and the production times are so long that if you do not want to opt out of virtually everything, you gotta pony up hundreds of dollars.  

This "pay to play" mentality is not unique to Stormfall.  I have seen a good many other "pay optional" games take that direction.  I assume there must be good short term profits in it, but I doubt that such a model has much of a future.  How long can you keep even the whales paying thousands just to fight each other as the rest bail out in droves?  

Some games introduce an enemy npc faction, I suppose plarium could do something like that to supplement lower player counts.  It could be "viking castles" that warp into various points on the map, attack and defend with the same mechanics players use, and we have to kick them out.  Players could get rewards for killing their troops, raiding them for resources etc. 
Mar 11, 2018, 09:5103/11/18
08/03/14
BiohazarD said:

ThatGuy said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

Some games introduce an enemy npc faction, I suppose plarium could do something like that to supplement lower player counts.  It could be "viking castles" that warp into various points on the map, attack and defend with the same mechanics players use, and we have to kick them out.  Players could get rewards for killing their troops, raiding them for resources etc. 
why...just go hunt beacons.  they are full of balurs units.  same thing as what you are talking about. 
Mar 12, 2018, 13:0303/12/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

Devs have a lot of plans for the new features that can be added to the game. At the moment, there are two tasks they're focused on:

- the new game engine that will improve the game performance and will help us to get rid of Flash (yes, we know it will be dead until 2020);

- make updates to Beacons feature that will make it more interesting and beneficial for players.

As for the suggestions, devs don't refuse all of them. I understand that as experienced players you have a lot of suggestions on how to make the game better, but devs can't just add everything suggested by the players. That's why this informative topic about the suggestions we do not accept was created: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/31546_which-suggestions-we--do-not--accept/

This topic has been brought up many times, and yet it always gets the run around. {Pertaining to suggestions/implementation in game.

In the meanwhile, while waiting for the 2 topic you brought up, how many other "improvements/additions" will we see implemented? Most of which one cares for or about...

Bugs fixes,, oh yes, please fix some. But the rest can wait until the game is stable... Enough Bg level increases, troops one can only purchase, the list goes on....

The suggestion given by players are implemented gradually. For example, in this update devs added a feature that allows to turn back defensive Units of League members from Fortresses or Beacons. It's a feature we received a lot of requests for.

As for other features added to the game, they don't interfere with the bug fix or work on the game improvements in any way. We have two different teams working on them.
Mar 12, 2018, 13:2203/12/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

With all the issues with the unity platform, it will not be ready (100%) for another year, at the pace Plarium has progressed. It has in fact lowered your Sparta player base even more.

It was so bad, not enough would play it as a 'test' version, so Plarium moved active players to it forcefully without notice,,,, way to treat your customers.

Hello.

The work on the new engine is the task with the highest priority for the team which is working on it.

Taking into account we know Flash will become unsupported till 2020, the deadlines were set quite precisely.

Mar 12, 2018, 17:3903/12/18
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

The suggestion given by players are implemented gradually. For example, in this update devs added a feature that allows to turn back defensive Units of League members from Fortresses or Beacons. It's a feature we received a lot of requests for.

Yes. That should be added to the list of best upgrades. Thank you.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.