All Categories

Food Vs.  troop count

Food Vs. troop count

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 28, 2018, 16:3001/28/18
06/02/15

Food Vs. troop count

You have killed the game by removing the troop count to the amount of food you can produce or raid for.... your cash cow is drying up 
Views
Comments
Comments
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Jan 29, 2018, 10:5101/29/18
07/02/15

Hello, Lord!

Please provide us with the more detailed information about the issue. Here is an instruction how to report bugs.
Jan 29, 2018, 15:2601/29/18
12/28/14
What he means is that no matter how high your food negative is you can continue to build a bigger army - troops no longer die of starvation & he is right it's ruined the game
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Jan 29, 2018, 16:0101/29/18
07/02/15

The reported case cannot be classified as a bug since this is a part of the regular gameplay. I have moved your topic to Game Discussion thread.

Jan 29, 2018, 22:4601/29/18
12/18/14
Agent Pavel said:

The reported case cannot be classified as a bug since this is a part of the regular gameplay. I have moved your topic to Game Discussion thread.

There is no point in discussing this - it will not be changed because there are too many people who bought big armies that would quit if you changed it back to how it used to be
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 30, 2018, 00:1101/30/18
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

Agent Pavel said:

There is no point in discussing this - it will not be changed because there are too many people who bought big armies that would quit if you changed it back to how it used to be
Yeah, I'd guess some of the really big coiners would lose a few mil offense every time they pulled their troops out of catacombs to hit something lol.  
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 30, 2018, 00:1401/30/18
10/04/13
rosswestfall said:

You have killed the game by removing the troop count to the amount of food you can produce or raid for.... your cash cow is drying up 
I think the lack of a force limit on beacons is a larger problem.  But the food change certainly didn't help.  
Jan 30, 2018, 05:0901/30/18
03/20/14

I can confirm the part about your troops dying as they are built and it was a major problem.

Also it meant you couldn't defend your castle while you were offline without losing troops to starvation. The solution to this was to have 2 people defend each others castle. This worked as there were NO speedups or castle moving and NO fireballs.

as per beacon hits? troops did NOT go straight to cats, That was an update.

And if my memory serves me there was NO cats to put your troops in, You had to have the entire leagues def in a strong castle and put your off in there to keep it safer. (not 100% about that bit)

I thought i would give the younger players info about the olden days LOL
Jan 30, 2018, 09:3101/30/18
08/31/15

I thought the biggest impact to coiners was they could not defend their own castles without troop loss to starvation mechanic.  Defending others' castles instead allowed them to avoid the starvation losses, but if the castle was hit, they didn't get the tiny free troop revive (I believe the buy back option lets you buy back no matter where your troops were lost, so only the free revive was not an option for them).

The biggest illogic I see with the current food system is that food is the only resource you steadily lose from having a high number of troops.  I see this mechanic echoed in other pay to win games though, so I'm assuming its there to force the non coiners to start spending if they want to be able to keep building once army is big enough that they're in the negative.
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 30, 2018, 11:0201/30/18
10/04/13

ThatGuy said:

I thought the biggest impact to coiners was they could not defend their own castles without troop loss to starvation mechanic.  Defending others' castles instead allowed them to avoid the starvation losses, but if the castle was hit, they didn't get the tiny free troop revive (I believe the buy back option lets you buy back no matter where your troops were lost, so only the free revive was not an option for them).

The biggest illogic I see with the current food system is that food is the only resource you steadily lose from having a high number of troops.  I see this mechanic echoed in other pay to win games though, so I'm assuming its there to force the non coiners to start spending if they want to be able to keep building once army is big enough that they're in the negative.

Some type of troop food consumption is built into nearly all city building games.  Having a cost to maintaining a large army helps keep things active by preventing people from just perpetually building bigger and bigger armies (of course this is mostly irrelevant in a game where you can buy 5 years worth of troop builds for a few hundred bucks).  

Jan 30, 2018, 12:5801/30/18
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

ThatGuy said:

Some type of troop food consumption is built into nearly all city building games.  Having a cost to maintaining a large army helps keep things active by preventing people from just perpetually building bigger and bigger armies (of course this is mostly irrelevant in a game where you can buy 5 years worth of troop builds for a few hundred bucks).  

Thats why they should just remove the food upkeep of units all together and just make it just another resource needed to make units. If anything in regards of upkeep goes, gold should been the deciding factor for upkeep costs. Or the most sensible one. 
Jan 30, 2018, 13:2501/30/18
12/18/14

With the updates that have come later troops dying due to negative food would not be a huge issue now because ....

Level 26 catacombs - troops go directly to safety

Boosts & teleports - your troops essentially only stay out of your castle for less than 3 minutes if you are doing a big hit or a league strike this did not exist before and league strikes could take an hour now they are completed and troops returned quickly

Troops returning from beacons go directly to catacombs

Perhaps negative food is not the issue but there should be a limit to how huge an army can be or there should be more balance between offense vs defense also as Biohazard has stated force limits on beacons

But we already know all these things will not happen so what is the point of debating this issue any further - only players who have been playing since 2013/2014 would know the difference to what the game is now - during that time I could imagine the hammers sending a league strike equivalent to 70 million and 45 minutes later hitting with 60 million (just a guess I was not that big back then)

Jan 30, 2018, 13:4501/30/18
07/25/15

Jezebel said:

With the updates that have come later troops dying due to negative food would not be a huge issue now because ....

Level 26 catacombs - troops go directly to safety

Boosts & teleports - your troops essentially only stay out of your castle for less than 3 minutes if you are doing a big hit or a league strike this did not exist before and league strikes could take an hour now they are completed and troops returned quickly

Troops returning from beacons go directly to catacombs

Perhaps negative food is not the issue but there should be a limit to how huge an army can be or there should be more balance between offense vs defense also as Biohazard has stated force limits on beacons

But we already know all these things will not happen so what is the point of debating this issue any further - only players who have been playing since 2013/2014 would know the difference to what the game is now - during that time I could imagine the hammers sending a league strike equivalent to 70 million and 45 minutes later hitting with 60 million (just a guess I was not that big back then)

Should been, or at least would make sense if there was a maximum size or "force strength" your army could max out at. To increase this further would made sense to have it tied to league achievements as bonus's for owning forts. 

Then once your army maxed out, enhancing it with buffs and other means would been the next step up. No country or nation have a "unlimited size" of standing army that can just keep grow and grow.

Plarium is really afraid of doing changes that affect spending. Imho their worst mistake is forcing spending in areas that is very bad for the game. People that spend money will always spend money. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.