All Categories

Congratulations

Congratulations

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 24, 2018, 18:2001/24/18
05/28/16

Congratulations

You have managed to FU all of the scrolling functions in every control in the game. The scrolling "by mouse wheel" is now seriously broken, and, previously, it was almost perfect.

You have also screwed up the "zoom" by mouse wheel for the main view of our castles.

You have not addressed the most serious issue, that being the inherent latency when inputting any kind of textual data (messaging, troop deploy and build numbers, etc. And that after more than two years.

You might also want to rethink your "I.m not a robot" control...like IF you want us to recognize specific image elements, you could at least make them clear, unlike what you currently have.

Just sayin'

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 24, 2018, 20:3901/24/18
08/03/14
i have to click on things about 25 times for before they work. very annoying.   some days i log in and it works, but most of the time its doesnt.   lot of features of the game i just ignore now because it doesnt work. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 26, 2018, 16:5301/26/18
10/04/13
jims said:

You have managed to FU all of the scrolling functions in every control in the game. The scrolling "by mouse wheel" is now seriously broken, and, previously, it was almost perfect.

You have also screwed up the "zoom" by mouse wheel for the main view of our castles.

You have not addressed the most serious issue, that being the inherent latency when inputting any kind of textual data (messaging, troop deploy and build numbers, etc. And that after more than two years.

You might also want to rethink your "I.m not a robot" control...like IF you want us to recognize specific image elements, you could at least make them clear, unlike what you currently have.

Just sayin'

The captcha service is provided by a third party, plarium can't really control what images they use.  I've never had any trouble figuring them out though, it's usually just "click on the pictures of cars" and stuff like that.  
Jan 26, 2018, 17:5101/26/18
05/28/16

BiohazarD said:

The captcha service is provided by a third party, plarium can't really control what images they use.  I've never had any trouble figuring them out though, it's usually just "click on the pictures of cars" and stuff like that.  

While it is true that you can't control a third party, you do have complete control over whether or not they are used in the first place. So, I guess is more a matter of whether you want to actually support your users in an intelligent and logical manner or not.

But, than again, I have not noticed plarium actually addressing real issues with their games. One of the most serious, and frustrating issues has gone unaddressed for at least 2 years.
Jan 28, 2018, 00:3901/28/18
01/11/16

jims said:

BiohazarD said:

While it is true that you can't control a third party, you do have complete control over whether or not they are used in the first place. So, I guess is more a matter of whether you want to actually support your users in an intelligent and logical manner or not.

But, than again, I have not noticed plarium actually addressing real issues with their games. One of the most serious, and frustrating issues has gone unaddressed for at least 2 years.

Not sure what "click on the pictures of cars" is. Sounds like some advertising. If you use ad blocker it should block any source of advertising.

Other note about not being able to click on stuff from Ironapex. Trying using another browser, thats what i do when that starts happening. After awhile it goes away on that browser. Im guessing chrome is the issues with the clicking. I reported it to support but nothing happened about it. My chrome browser been bad for over a month now.
Jan 29, 2018, 09:3401/29/18
Jan 29, 2018, 09:35(edited)
08/31/15

IronApex Turok said:

i have to click on things about 25 times for before they work. very annoying.   some days i log in and it works, but most of the time its doesnt.   lot of features of the game i just ignore now because it doesnt work. 

I switched from Chrome to Opera and that annoying issue with the game ignoring my clicks disappeared.

Every few months I have to swap browsers as some update Plarium makes breaks the game for the browser I use.
Jan 29, 2018, 12:0601/29/18
02/29/16

jims said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

What exactly is not clear for you in the images you need to click to go through the Captcha on the Forum? Also, please give more details regarding this issue that hasn't been addressed for 2 years.
Jan 29, 2018, 12:1601/29/18
02/29/16

ThatGuy said:

IronApex Turok said:

I switched from Chrome to Opera and that annoying issue with the game ignoring my clicks disappeared.

Every few months I have to swap browsers as some update Plarium makes breaks the game for the browser I use.

Hello.

The situations when the game doesn't work well in Chrome can happen from time to time. It's caused by the browser itself and its work with Flash player engine.

That's why our developers are working on the new engine that will improve the performance of the game significantly. 

The beta testing of this engine will start very soon on Sparta: War of Empires game and then the engine will be used for Stormfall as well.

Meanwhile, please try to use another browser or follow these recommendations: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000744629-Ultimate-Loading-Troubleshoot

Jan 29, 2018, 20:2201/29/18
08/03/14

ThatGuy said:

IronApex Turok said:

id rather quit playing. tired of browser hopping because plarium cant get stuff right.    everytime they make an update, its up to the customers to figure out how to work around its bugs.  

not the kinda company i wanna be throwing money at. 
Jan 30, 2018, 09:4801/30/18
08/31/15

Alina Phoenix said:

ThatGuy said:

IronApex Turok said:

Hello.

The situations when the game doesn't work well in Chrome can happen from time to time. It's caused by the browser itself and its work with Flash player engine.

That's why our developers are working on the new engine that will improve the performance of the game significantly. 

The beta testing of this engine will start very soon on Sparta: War of Empires game and then the engine will be used for Stormfall as well.

Meanwhile, please try to use another browser or follow these recommendations: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000744629-Ultimate-Loading-Troubleshoot

Not to be rude, but if you'd read what I said:

1) The issues coincide with Plarium updates, not with Chrome updates

2) I change browsers every few months specifically because of these issues

Thanks for the info about the new engine.  I look forward to delightfully crippling issues once its pushed into Stormfall. =)
Jan 30, 2018, 17:2801/30/18
05/28/16

Alina Phoenix said:

jims said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

What exactly is not clear for you in the images you need to click to go through the Captcha on the Forum? Also, please give more details regarding this issue that hasn't been addressed for 2 years.

On the Captcha: many times the images are small, and less than clear, making the identification of objects difficult.

On the old (2 year+) issue: We have been over this several times in other threads...unfortunately y'all continue to ignore it. Anyway...your game engine has some architectural issues that cause the game to seem to "stall". This may occur anytime someone enters any kind of text data into one of the game's many dialog boxes that accept text i.e. troop counts for an attack, or unit counts when building new troops. This lag can be several minutes, or not noticeable, though most often it is at least 10 - 20 seconds for each character. [yesterday I attempted to build 100 archers, it took more than 3 minutes to enter that,,,)

From what I have observed; your system executes a "postback" (round trip to the server) for each textual character entered, an action that is not only unnecessary, but time consuming, and frustrating for the user. It is that unnecessary "postback" that is the architectural issue I've been trying to get you to see. Unfortunately it appears that your developers aren't sharp enough to pick up on what should be obvious.

The overall effect of this bug is that entering any kind of text data into the game (unit counts, messaging to others, etc.)  becomes a frustrating, time consuming operation, one that many will not finish, or perhaps even start.

This has been an issue for as long as I have played the game...around 2 years.

Jan 31, 2018, 02:2001/31/18
08/03/14
jims said:

On the old (2 year+) issue: We have been over this several times in other threads...unfortunately y'all continue to ignore it. Anyway...your game engine has some architectural issues that cause the game to seem to "stall". This may occur anytime someone enters any kind of text data into one of the game's many dialog boxes that accept text i.e. troop counts for an attack, or unit counts when building new troops. This lag can be several minutes, or not noticeable, though most often it is at least 10 - 20 seconds for each character. [yesterday I attempted to build 100 archers, it took more than 3 minutes to enter that,,,)

From what I have observed; your system executes a "postback" (round trip to the server) for each textual character entered, an action that is not only unnecessary, but time consuming, and frustrating for the user. It is that unnecessary "postback" that is the architectural issue I've been trying to get you to see. Unfortunately it appears that your developers aren't sharp enough to pick up on what should be obvious.

The overall effect of this bug is that entering any kind of text data into the game (unit counts, messaging to others, etc.)  becomes a frustrating, time consuming operation, one that many will not finish, or perhaps even start.

and will most likely be carried over the new engine.     
Jan 31, 2018, 11:1201/31/18
02/29/16

IronApex Turok said:

jims said:

and will most likely be carried over the new engine.     

Hello.

The main idea of the new engine is to improve the overall performance of the game starting with the slow entering of the numbers finishing with the logging in issues.

So, no, this issue shouldn't be carried over the new engine :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.