All Categories

Duel is a complete waste.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 27, 2017, 23:4812/27/17
09/04/17

Why even have the duel between 2 leagues when  allies from other leagues are going to but there big nose bullies in to it tgo protect there ally. Who ever thought of this needs help.
Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 27, 2017, 23:5412/27/17
08/03/14

the duels will also be less effective going into the second iteration as a majority of points were from knocking over beacons. 

i dont see the scores being as large next time.... no more beacons. 
Dec 27, 2017, 23:5912/27/17
Dec 27, 2017, 23:59(edited)
09/04/17

Well in case no one noticed, a duel is between two persons or parties. So in this case, 2 leagues. Not 2 or 3 leagues against one league. And that is what allies of some of these leagues are making it. We are getting hit by allies of the opposing league we are in a duel with. This is crap. Just another way for plarium to make money.

Just do away with the stupidity.
Dec 28, 2017, 01:5112/28/17
08/03/14

pepper01854 said:

Well in case no one noticed, a duel is between two persons or parties. So in this case, 2 leagues. Not 2 or 3 leagues against one league. And that is what allies of some of these leagues are making it. We are getting hit by allies of the opposing league we are in a duel with. This is crap. Just another way for plarium to make money.

Just do away with the stupidity.

well thats just dumb.  

if you get hit, you get the points, your opponent doesnt.    so they are not helping their allies. 
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 28, 2017, 07:0412/28/17
10/04/13

IronApex Turok said:

the duels will also be less effective going into the second iteration as a majority of points were from knocking over beacons. 

i dont see the scores being as large next time.... no more beacons. 

I suppose you can always just spam the other league with fireballs for points.  But yeah, it's not going to produce as many as smashing their beacons. 

It looks like quite a few leagues are still leaving defense on level 1 beacons though, so you could probably get some decent points from those if you end up in a duel against one of them.  

Dec 28, 2017, 11:4912/28/17
02/29/16

pepper01854 said:

Why even have the duel between 2 leagues when  allies from other leagues are going to but there big nose bullies in to it tgo protect there ally. Who ever thought of this needs help.

Hello.

The Duel is between two players and by attacking you Allies of your opponent League don't get any points.

Dec 28, 2017, 13:0912/28/17
04/17/16
Alina Phoenix said:

pepper01854 said:

Hello.

The Duel is between two players and by attacking you Allies of your opponent League don't get any points.

Am i playng another game? Hello! Wake up! Hiting another league then you are in duel, it also give points, true, les then from duel partner, but counted for score. You have 3 direction for scoring: pvp with duel partner, pvp with others , and BG. So pls dont give out wrong information. 
Dec 28, 2017, 15:4712/28/17
09/20/14
OCTAVIAN said:

Am i playng another game? Hello! Wake up! Hiting another league then you are in duel, it also give points, true, les then from duel partner, but counted for score. You have 3 direction for scoring: pvp with duel partner, pvp with others , and BG. So pls dont give out wrong information. 
Yes, but if your opponents allies attack you, you get points and the allies get point, but your duel opponent does not. They're helping you to win the duel this way.
Dec 28, 2017, 18:4312/28/17
02/02/17

The League Duel is just another excuse for a Solo PvP Tournament

The League rewards are hopeless, unless you can win 3 or 4 Duels, so don't worry about winning or losing

and there is no reason to attack your duel opponent either, unless you can overwhelm them and score offense points without giving away defense points
We have exactly the same problems with League Challenges. It is much easier to win by defending and never attack

Jan 1, 2018, 10:0501/01/18
08/31/15

Marcus said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Yes, but if your opponents allies attack you, you get points and the allies get point, but your duel opponent does not. They're helping you to win the duel this way.

It depends on how they are doing it, to be honest.  The mechanics are similar to league challenges and wars for scoring.  Basically, defender has big advantage.  So, you want to crush something heavily defended, but you don't have the offense to crush with minimal losses.  If you throw your offense at it to crush it, you'll eventually win the attack, but you'll give away a ton of points and lose the duel, especially with the bonus they'd get for your offense dying.  

So, instead of throwing your troops at it, you get your allies to weaken if for you.  The defenders still get points, yes, but they are now weakened to the point where you can crush them without giving away a lot of points.  Since the weakening blows came from outsiders, the defenders don't get any bonus points while the attack that finally crushes their defense does.  Attacker gets more points for the win.  

Alternatively, some of those allies may be using diplo to get that league to basically hand over points.  Sure, by giving the points to allies, they're making it harder to win their own duel, but they're probably hoping that favor will get them something more important down the road.  

Also, considering how many alts there are, it would hardly be shocking to find out many of these leagues are alt leagues or have alts in their leagues telling the mains:  easy points here, come in for a big score!

BiohazarDModerator
Jan 1, 2018, 11:3101/01/18
10/04/13
Marcus said:

OCTAVIAN said:

I suppose you could always have allies suicide troops at your castle to get you points without giving your opponent any.  
Jan 1, 2018, 14:1701/01/18
Jan 1, 2018, 14:19(edited)
09/20/14

ThatGuy said:

It depends on how they are doing it, to be honest.  The mechanics are similar to league challenges and wars for scoring.  Basically, defender has big advantage.  So, you want to crush something heavily defended, but you don't have the offense to crush with minimal losses.  If you throw your offense at it to crush it, you'll eventually win the attack, but you'll give away a ton of points and lose the duel, especially with the bonus they'd get for your offense dying.  

So, instead of throwing your troops at it, you get your allies to weaken if for you.  The defenders still get points, yes, but they are now weakened to the point where you can crush them without giving away a lot of points.  Since the weakening blows came from outsiders, the defenders don't get any bonus points while the attack that finally crushes their defense does.  Attacker gets more points for the win.  

Alternatively, some of those allies may be using diplo to get that league to basically hand over points.  Sure, by giving the points to allies, they're making it harder to win their own duel, but they're probably hoping that favor will get them something more important down the road.  

Also, considering how many alts there are, it would hardly be shocking to find out many of these leagues are alt leagues or have alts in their leagues telling the mains:  easy points here, come in for a big score!

Maybe, but I doubt that will work in most cases. You only get a 1.25 modifier for pvp against your tournament opponent, compared to the 1 modifier for pvp against everyone else. So if you have your allies or alts soften up a defense, the defender collects so many points, that even if you make more points than the defender in the final battle, you still lose over all. And if the defender realizes what you're doing, he can pull away his troops after a few defenses and then the whole ploy works against you.

Jan 1, 2018, 14:1901/01/18
09/20/14

BiohazarD said:

I suppose you could always have allies suicide troops at your castle to get you points without giving your opponent any.  

Sure. But that was not the point of the OP, now was it?

Jan 2, 2018, 08:0901/02/18
11/27/14

The duel is a nice contest :)

At first ....i was reticent ...but now I like it :)
Jan 3, 2018, 12:0301/03/18
02/29/16

OCTAVIAN said:

Alina Phoenix said:

pepper01854 said:

Hello.

It not always gives points. In the Tournament there are several kinds of activities:

1. PvP with your opponent League;

2. PvP with any player from any other League than your opponent one;

3. DEV activities;

4. PvE activity.

During one Tournament you receive a random combination of these activities and it changes during the next one.

If among your activities you have a task to Destry Units belonging to other players (excluding your opponent League), then yes, you'll receive points for attacking non-opponent League.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:0501/03/18
02/29/16
Lord Mark said:

The duel is a nice contest :)

At first ....i was reticent ...but now I like it :)
Happy to hear it 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.