All Categories

Facebook taking over this game?

Facebook taking over this game?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 28, 2017, 18:1912/28/17
08/03/14

IronApex Turok, I'm always shocked at how aware you're of our internal processes. I would be shocked even more if the facts about them you're sharing here were the correct ones because I've never seen any of our devs playing overwatch in the working time :)

insulting the player base again. not acceptable from a communuty manager.  you are a big part of the reason there is no loyalty to plarium.  you  have a horrible attitude toward us forum users.   

MariusAdmin
Dec 29, 2017, 10:0312/29/17
09/04/17

Gadheras said:

I'm not mixing up the two games,, all I ask for is same level of transparency. And this is not something unique, you can look at just about any game company out there, there is dev blongs, behind the scenes videos, showing work in progress and so on. Why should it be so for Plarium to do something similar. And no, have some people talk in some youtube video is not the same, as actually SHOW US, give a teaser, a little insight etc.

These are two completely different teams and completely different games. Developing something from scratch is far more interesting to observe than the process of porting a game from one engine to another. The updates would literally be along the lines of "We worked on some code this week" and "The code we made last week is giving us some issues when we fit it into the overall game, so now are going through it to find a bug and remove it". Writing developer blogs takes up work resources as well, and at the moment highlighting the process of engine adjustment is simply not worth those resources.

There will be other features coming to Stormfall in the meanwhile, and closer to the time you will see teaser sand highlights for them.
Dec 29, 2017, 10:3012/29/17
07/25/15

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Gadheras said:

I'm not mixing up the two games,, all I ask for is same level of transparency. And this is not something unique, you can look at just about any game company out there, there is dev blongs, behind the scenes videos, showing work in progress and so on. Why should it be so for Plarium to do something similar. And no, have some people talk in some youtube video is not the same, as actually SHOW US, give a teaser, a little insight etc.

These are two completely different teams and completely different games. Developing something from scratch is far more interesting to observe than the process of porting a game from one engine to another. The updates would literally be along the lines of "We worked on some code this week" and "The code we made last week is giving us some issues when we fit it into the overall game, so now are going through it to find a bug and remove it". Writing developer blogs takes up work resources as well, and at the moment highlighting the process of engine adjustment is simply not worth those resources.

There will be other features coming to Stormfall in the meanwhile, and closer to the time you will see teaser sand highlights for them.

Actually no, the work to port like a flash game over to something else is just not press of a button. It would be of interest for us the players to observe the process or at least get a glimpse of what going on behind the scene, because it give us the players as an actual stake holder in this game (you know the people funding the damn thing), a way to see actual things being worked on, other than some guy saying it is. 

Also, (smug face). EXILE is not from scratch, it make use of the unity engine and by own addmission they use off the shelf art assets obtained through the Unity store. (although, modified for their use). 

Any indy dev on patreon working on his own got more credability than Plarium at this stage. 
MariusAdmin
Dec 29, 2017, 10:3712/29/17
Dec 29, 2017, 10:38(edited)
09/04/17
Gadheras said:

Also, (smug face). EXILE is not from scratch, it make use of the unity engine and by own addmission they use off the shelf art assets obtained through the Unity store. (although, modified for their use). 

If you want to argue semantics, sure. The point is - Exile is a new game, Stormfall already exists and while it will be ported over to a new engine, the base assets remain the same. So far we have no reason to believe similar dev blogs on Stormfall engine port process will be interesting enough to the wide player audience to warrant their creation.
Dec 29, 2017, 11:2512/29/17
07/25/15

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Gadheras said:

If you want to argue semantics, sure. The point is - Exile is a new game, Stormfall already exists and while it will be ported over to a new engine, the base assets remain the same. So far we have no reason to believe similar dev blogs on Stormfall engine port process will be interesting enough to the wide player audience to warrant their creation.

Okay example, do you think such a game as "star citizen" which been in works forever, but managed to crate a huge community and people throwing money at them even before it released, manged to do this without show what they working on and progress? 

In my honest view, what Stormfall need, is for the players to be excited about the future. Look at it as rally the players. You would be surprised what is interesting for players and not. At current time just knowing and seeing devs actually working on the process would be a big boost. (believe it or not). And there is enough of tech nerds (and similar) playing that would be greatly interested in what the game get ported onto/as and so forth. 

I know this clip a bit cheesy, but this is something that is needed, and the only one able to give us this is Plarium.

MariusAdmin
Dec 29, 2017, 11:4012/29/17
Dec 29, 2017, 11:41(edited)
09/04/17

Cheesy is fine, I did enjoy the Hobbit for what it was 

And sure, I understand that there will be players who'd be interested in seeing the process and adding their feedback "directly" during it. But as it stands right now, that exact thing will not be happening in Stormfall for the reasons outlined above. What I can confirm, is that there will be new features introduced to the game. And as far as I know, the amount of media content to inform our players about what's coming is also going to increase.
Dec 29, 2017, 18:0212/29/17
08/03/14
Dimitri Molchanov said:

Cheesy is fine, I did enjoy the Hobbit for what it was 

And sure, I understand that there will be players who'd be interested in seeing the process and adding their feedback "directly" during it. But as it stands right now, that exact thing will not be happening in Stormfall for the reasons outlined above. What I can confirm, is that there will be new features introduced to the game. And as far as I know, the amount of media content to inform our players about what's coming is also going to increase.
quit saying players.  we are investors.   and if you folks continue to not show us evidence of you holding up your end our transaction, we, the investors will simply stop investing.  we will quit the game and go somewhere that shows a bit more respect to the player/investors. 
MariusAdmin
Jan 2, 2018, 12:2401/02/18
09/04/17
I am afraid there is not much else I can add on this matter. At the moment developer blogs for Stormfall are not happening, that might change in the future but I give no guarantee. All that we can do at the moment is wait and see.
Jan 2, 2018, 12:5501/02/18
Jan 2, 2018, 12:58(edited)
07/25/15

Dimitri Molchanov said:

I am afraid there is not much else I can add on this matter. At the moment developer blogs for Stormfall are not happening, that might change in the future but I give no guarantee. All that we can do at the moment is wait and see.

The best part of gaming communities, is when you the player, get the feeling you part of the community, a stakeholder in it. I support several projects on Patreon, indy devs making games (and other things). I bought into many early access games on steam, and been active helping testing, giving feedback and tbh, its fun when the creators interact with the players. It gives a somewhat good impression when the creators just as excited about their work/game as the player/consumer is. The difference when it come to Plarium, there is a wall called management... (or at least the impression).

As Dj said above, just a bit of commitment would go a long way. And the sad thing is, the time and effort to give us a glimpse of that is such a minor thing. I guess as a working bee in the hive, its not much you can do. Unless you willing to kick the door to the management wide open and slam your fist in their desk, but doubt that would happen anytime soon :p If they had been attached the same way to the players as they to their wallets, maybe things been different :p

Can we even get told what kind of engine/architechture the game will migrate too?
BiohazarDModerator
Jan 3, 2018, 02:0801/03/18
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

The best part of gaming communities, is when you the player, get the feeling you part of the community, a stakeholder in it. I support several projects on Patreon, indy devs making games (and other things). I bought into many early access games on steam, and been active helping testing, giving feedback and tbh, its fun when the creators interact with the players. It gives a somewhat good impression when the creators just as excited about their work/game as the player/consumer is. The difference when it come to Plarium, there is a wall called management... (or at least the impression).

As Dj said above, just a bit of commitment would go a long way. And the sad thing is, the time and effort to give us a glimpse of that is such a minor thing. I guess as a working bee in the hive, its not much you can do. Unless you willing to kick the door to the management wide open and slam your fist in their desk, but doubt that would happen anytime soon :p If they had been attached the same way to the players as they to their wallets, maybe things been different :p

Can we even get told what kind of engine/architechture the game will migrate too?
I heard HTML5, I'm not sure if that was the official answer though.  
Jan 3, 2018, 05:0201/03/18
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

I heard HTML5, I'm not sure if that was the official answer though.  
We the players, or at least I recall Oracle was going on about HTML5, but from what I read about HTML5, its not just to transfer flash to that and get the same results, so could be other options that would be better suited. There is a lot of cross-platform languages/engines out there. It also come down to what Plarium want, to run the game straight in a browser, or run it as an application (which would be prefered tbh)
Jan 3, 2018, 14:1101/03/18
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

If you're so interested in the new engine, you're welcome to check this article: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003023792-Wanted-Beta-Testers-

The first game that will be moved to the new engine is Sparta: War of Empires. You can start playing it and join beta-testers team.

There is no requirements on Level of the City you should have.

Jan 3, 2018, 14:3101/03/18
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

If you're so interested in the new engine, you're welcome to check this article: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003023792-Wanted-Beta-Testers-

The first game that will be moved to the new engine is Sparta: War of Empires. You can start playing it and join beta-testers team.

Well apparently to sign up for the beta, you already need to be a player of Sparta, which I'm not. 
Jan 3, 2018, 18:4201/03/18
06/09/16

Oracle said:

Facebook is certainly better than hosting your own game. Plarium make more money on Facebook compared to on plarium.com. 

And no plarium is not planning on migrating on to Facebook. They already have games there, including Stormfall. 

Facebook has screwed games and players in the past. 

Banning accounts for putting to much on the account page. marking as spam and banning accounts for it.  

I came here to get away from facebook and its foolish ways it does things.. 

not to mention most of the games on facebook can or are being hacked with unlimited resources.  facebook has more holes in its secuity then microsoft. 

Facebook the Social web site that bans you for being social.  what a crock.  

Jan 4, 2018, 12:4701/04/18
02/29/16

Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Well apparently to sign up for the beta, you already need to be a player of Sparta, which I'm not. 

You can start playing and upgrade your City at least to Level 15-20.

At the moment it's the only opportunity to become a part of beta- testers team. 

Jan 7, 2018, 13:5801/07/18
04/10/15

Alina Phoenix said:

i have one sparta city somewhere over that realm...really is abandom cause hadnt time to play both sf and sp

may be its time to recover it ... though the time i have now is less that i had when i left it

poor spartans they sure are raided all days :_(

Jan 9, 2018, 13:0301/09/18
02/29/16

Juglar del Viento said:

Alina Phoenix said:

i have one sparta city somewhere over that realm...really is abandom cause hadnt time to play both sf and sp

may be its time to recover it ... though the time i have now is less that i had when i left it

poor spartans they sure are raided all days :_(

Poor, poor Spartans :(

I'm sure they'll be happy to see you're back!
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.