Solutions for an almost dead game?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 19, 2017, 15:5312/19/17
09/19/14

Heya all,

This is Niko. A captain of EMPERORS league. I am writting this post cause i want to find a solution to fix the current situation of the server. The game is clearly dying, every day more n more players are stopping the game , the non coiner cannot even compete with the coiner, the weak league wont survive vs the strong league. I am trying to understand, what exactly went wrong and we are in a unique position to see only 5-8 lvl 5 beacons in the map.

Is this a plarium fault cause they cannot balance the coiner vs the non coiner ?

Is this a fault that the big leagues caused ?(Emperors, Rebels, Anarchy, KT - i am not telling about Dominus cause they are a huge league but not an aggresive one for the most of the time)

Many people are saying Beacon Massacre is the main reason for this, as you can destroy anything with low casualties.

Whatever the reason is, if we want to have fun in this game again, we, the strong leagues need to do something about this. I suggest the following:

a) All the leagues to do a nap from Beacon Hit for 2-3 months. In the duration of this time, everyone can take beacons and upgrade them (a meeting between top leagues should be done to split territory). Every league that thinks can defend a beacon after the nap will be allowed to take a beacon and gain their benefits from this.

b) Plarium need to stop doing Beacon Massacres. Every one with Vip should tell this to his/her agent. Its not something difficult.

c) In the duration of the nap everyone should be allowed to attack castles or fortresses.

d) Maybe a force limit for beacons should be put. I am really interesting to know your thoughts about this.

Best Regards, Niko

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 19, 2017, 20:3312/19/17
07/11/13
Dreadnaut said:

Heya all,

This is Niko. A captain of EMPERORS league. I am writting this post cause i want to find a solution to fix the current situation of the server. The game is clearly dying, every day more n more players are stopping the game , the non coiner cannot even compete with the coiner, the weak league wont survive vs the strong league. I am trying to understand, what exactly went wrong and we are in a unique position to see only 5-8 lvl 5 beacons in the map.

Is this a plarium fault cause they cannot balance the coiner vs the non coiner ?

Is this a fault that the big leagues caused ?(Emperors, Rebels, Anarchy, KT - i am not telling about Dominus cause they are a huge league but not an aggresive one for the most of the time)

Many people are saying Beacon Massacre is the main reason for this, as you can destroy anything with low casualties.

Whatever the reason is, if we want to have fun in this game again, we, the strong leagues need to do something about this. I suggest the following:

a) All the leagues to do a nap from Beacon Hit for 2-3 months. In the duration of this time, everyone can take beacons and upgrade them (a meeting between top leagues should be done to split territory). Every league that thinks can defend a beacon after the nap will be allowed to take a beacon and gain their benefits from this.

b) Plarium need to stop doing Beacon Massacres. Every one with Vip should tell this to his/her agent. Its not something difficult.

c) In the duration of the nap everyone should be allowed to attack castles or fortresses.

d) Maybe a force limit for beacons should be put. I am really interesting to know your thoughts about this.

Best Regards, Niko

Point D needs to happen for future of game.. No offense but I think all major leagues don't trust each other enough to go into beacons until a force limit is in place.
Dec 20, 2017, 01:5012/20/17
04/24/16

Really? I think the game is working as intended :)

Dec 20, 2017, 08:1412/20/17
08/30/17

Dreadnaut said:

Heya all,

Best Regards, Niko

Hi Niko!

Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions. Please post these suggestions in "Suggestion thread" too - from there, they will go to devs and we'll see what will happen: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/59646_your-suggestions---3/ - for b) and d)

For a) and c) you know is very hard to control your own league members sometimes but to control all major leagues, some of them even enemies is very hard thing to do...but you can try and I wish good luck with this :-)

Best regards and enjoy the game!

Bogdan

Dec 20, 2017, 09:2812/20/17
01/11/16

Why would they change anything? They just stuffing the wallets just like there intentions. Greed made this game still exist     

I had my fun, now just a wait and see game. Lies and betrayal are right around the corner. Get the popcorn out cause it should get interesting.

Dec 20, 2017, 11:0912/20/17
08/31/15

Skycooldude said:

Point D needs to happen for future of game.. No offense but I think all major leagues don't trust each other enough to go into beacons until a force limit is in place.

With diplo status (at peace, if I recall right), it is possible to use game mechanics to enforce a nap, but doing so would probably create bigger problems than it solves.  I agree that force limits are needed to keep beacons a relevant part of the game.  Beacons were intended as end game content rather than something to which every league is automatically entitled, but with the current state of the game, even the strong, endgame leagues would have a very hard time holding a beacon for any significant amount of time.

I think the game is working as intended:  lots of money flowing into Plarium's coffers.  Of course, if they do not keep long term health of the game in mind, that flow of cash will dry up as players leave.  

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 20, 2017, 11:1412/20/17
10/04/13
Skycooldude said:

Dreadnaut said:

Heya all,

Best Regards, Niko

Agreed, I think a force limit would significantly improve the beacon situation.  
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 20, 2017, 11:1912/20/17
10/04/13

Dreadnaut said:

Heya all,

Best Regards, Niko

Good luck enforcing A.  There will always be some coiner who goes and smashes any beacons they can.  

For B, I think the beacon massacre is a cool tournament, it just needs to be much rarer.  Like once every 6 months at most.  (And combined with point D, so that the attacker can't just overwhelm the beacon and instead takes significant losses).  
Dec 20, 2017, 13:5412/20/17
07/25/15

The state of the game is not a player issue to fix. Players play the game as the game mechanics allow them to. PVP in any game is its own beast and it need to feed. 

Players trying to enforce naps and agreements to allow recovery and so forth, is an illusion. Its like try put a bandage on a gashing wound. Imho the best thing you can do, is to go out there and lay waste to everything and anything, let it all burn. If you got massive armies, slaughter, pillage, burn everything, leave nothing. 

Sometimes for things to change they need to become worse, MUCH WORSE. But won't that lead to people leave the game? Possible, but people are already leaving the game. We watch friends and fellow players fade out into oblivion as it is leaving us feeling hopeless. Plarium is out of touch with their own game and the community (or what is left of it). 

Burn everything, kick everyone and anyone you can to the curb, maybe when the dust settles they possible get an eye opener, maybe to late, but I don't really see anything else players can do atm to hope for changes. 

TABULA RASA.....

Dec 20, 2017, 17:4512/20/17
12/18/14

At this point I am sad to say I can barely be bothered to log in anymore & only do so for the members to see an active Marshall

My defense sits on the Fortress and my offense sits in my catacombs

We have a level 14 fortress with no hopes of getting to level 20 as we would not be able to hold 5 level 5 beacons let alone one at this point in the game - those big hammers are hungry without anything to hit these days

I can't be bothered with castle wars - why would i risk my offense to hit level 6+ walls? All it takes is one bad hit and you can lose it all

Dec 20, 2017, 17:5312/20/17
Dec 20, 2017, 17:55(edited)
12/18/14

Dreadnaut said:

Heya all,

Best Regards, Niko

lol that's fresh coming from the league that hit everyone and everything for as long as they could & even dropped alliances so they could hit them for PVP

and if history repeated itself Emps would never keep their word on a NAP agreement
Dec 22, 2017, 11:1812/22/17
02/29/16

Hello all!

Thanks for your feedback and thoughts you shared in this topic. 

I know that Beacons is a very discussed topic right now, and I agree that adding an attack limit is the thing we should have on plarium.com as well as it's already present on FB and some other our games.

The thing is that from my end all I can do regarding this question is to forward your feedback to devs.

I did it a few weeks ago and reminded them of it this week. They said they don't come up with the decision on this question yet, but will do it soon.

So, once I have any news about this attack limits question, I'll let you know.

As for Massacre, I know that in the near future devs don't plan to change it or remove. When this Tournament was added, it was run more often, but now its frequency already reduced. No other changes are planned for now.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:2112/22/17
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

There is only one way to get the attention and actions you are all seeking from Plarium, but you will not see the change.

Follow me, off to other worlds, new experiences, new friends.

As the funds dry up from one, they will shift focus to the next and the next. (Reminder they have another new mobile coming out)....So Plarium is not going anywhere or going to do any drastic changes. just lure in the next round of cash cows....

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/89577_the-world-of-stormfall-is-expanding--and-we-need-you--2/

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 23, 2017, 07:2712/23/17
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

At this point I am sad to say I can barely be bothered to log in anymore & only do so for the members to see an active Marshall

My defense sits on the Fortress and my offense sits in my catacombs

We have a level 14 fortress with no hopes of getting to level 20 as we would not be able to hold 5 level 5 beacons let alone one at this point in the game - those big hammers are hungry without anything to hit these days

I can't be bothered with castle wars - why would i risk my offense to hit level 6+ walls? All it takes is one bad hit and you can lose it all

Yep those high level walls are rough.  Especially since offense gets such a big boost from level 30+ lost arts, so even catching offense on a castle with high walls you can still lose more than the other guy.  
Dec 23, 2017, 08:1412/23/17
09/19/14

Jezebel said:

lol that's fresh coming from the league that hit everyone and everything for as long as they could & even dropped alliances so they could hit them for PVP

and if history repeated itself Emps would never keep their word on a NAP Agreement

Dunno what was happening with Shin, if he kept his words or not and i dont care about this. In the last 10 beacon massacres Emps didnt participate as it is a worthless tourney, One of the few times we did it, it was a very Smart move to weaken your beacon and then kill it off massacre. Yeah i know that destiny was clearly and still is upset about being outplayed so hard, but try to be real and realise that KT, Anarchy and Rebels did the same exact thing or even worse than us cause at least Emperors were killing things without any revival for free option that beacon massacre provide

Dec 23, 2017, 08:2412/23/17
07/25/15

Dreadnaut said:

Jezebel said:

and if history repeated itself Emps would never keep their word on a NAP Agreement

Dunno what was happening with Shin, if he kept his words or not and i dont care about this. In the last 10 beacon massacres Emps didnt participate as it is a worthless tourney, One of the few times we did it, it was a very Smart move to weaken your beacon and then kill it off massacre. Yeah i know that destiny was clearly and still is upset about being outplayed so hard, but try to be real and realise that KT, Anarchy and Rebels did the same exact thing or even worse than us cause at least Emperors were killing things without any revival for free option that beacon massacre provide

Players doing PVP in a pvp game.. Terrible! :p

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 24, 2017, 04:4612/24/17
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Dreadnaut said:

Yeah i know that destiny was clearly and still is upset about being outplayed so hard

I think the words you were looking for were "outspent so hard". Just to sprinkle some reality on the discussion.
I guess swiping your credit card could be considered sort of a mini-game, in which case they out played very well :P
Dec 24, 2017, 05:5712/24/17
Dec 24, 2017, 06:43(edited)
12/18/14

Dreadnaut said:

Jezebel said:

The Destiny that was is not the Destiny that is - 95% of the leadership that was existent then is not in Destiny anymore they foreseen the future of the game or had better things to do and quit or have left for other leagues (2 other Destiny Captains moved to my league shortly after I created it).  So no I don't think "Destiny" really cares since current leadership won't let their members poke at  Emps.  Not to mention that Emps takes too much credit for taking the one Destiny beacon since Ratcoms softened it for you and took MOST of the losses even with the 90% revival they lost way more than you did.  Ratcoms had good reason so I can't blame them for doing it.

As for KT, Anarchy and Rebels are Emps upset that someone else beat them to it?  Also some of the beacons dropped were to prevent Emps hammers and alts that were in other leagues from using DE for their accounts.  Strategy which is something Emps really does not know anything about.
Dec 24, 2017, 16:2612/24/17
04/24/16

@OP, I think the responses are pretty clear:

You're not an honest broker for a nap in the opinion of several leagues.  The other changes you propose have more to do with Plarium than the players.  If it happens, fine.  If not, our strategy doesn't change.

I think you'll need to find some other devious way to crawl out of the hole you currently find yourself.
Dec 26, 2017, 11:5412/26/17
02/29/16
roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

There is only one way to get the attention and actions you are all seeking from Plarium, but you will not see the change.

Follow me, off to other worlds, new experiences, new friends.

As the funds dry up from one, they will shift focus to the next and the next. (Reminder they have another new mobile coming out)....So Plarium is not going anywhere or going to do any drastic changes. just lure in the next round of cash cows....

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/89577_the-world-of-stormfall-is-expanding--and-we-need-you--2/

The "other worlds", refers to other games....

And again, i will never play another plarium game,,, of any sort.
As you wish :) It's absolutely up to you.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.