Critical Balance Problematics

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 13, 2017, 14:0712/13/17
01/31/15

Introduction

Hi! My name's Peter, prior Moderator on Stormfall: Age of War and Wiki Author, and I'd like to put something on the table here that's been troubling my mind when I play this game.

Please note, I'm not trying to criticize anything. I'm just trying to give constructive feedback and I'm interested in other's opinions.

The Problem

I've been frankly inactive over the past year. Been playing other games, busy with college et cetera. Now I've got plenty of time as I'm switching college due to the fact I'm not interested in the education they provide. But that's not the only problem here.

I've seen Stormfall change since 31st day of January 2015, which is when I started. Back then, financially everything, from what I remember, was better. I currently see a lot of paid content appear rather than shortcuts (The new units, Vanguard and Valkyrie, and the 50% Offense & Defense boost to name some). I also noticed the VIP program is being imbalanced. I recently asked my VIP agent for a bonus on an offer I was going to pay. He replied by saying that only if I spend at least $100 (€73) on the game, I'd get (9000 Sapphires and 50 Prestige Dragons / 100 Prestige Griffins) for $100. 

In my opinion, this is really bad for the balance (and my wallet). It used to be the case that when you ask for a bonus, you'd get a bonus depending on the basecount of the Sapphires. This is still tweakable, but a whole bunch more fair that how it's now.

So I asked why this was implemented on which he answered that 'They want to treat players equally.' I appreciate the attempt, but it's far from more equal. You see, those who are able to spend at least $100 are fine. But those are usually among the full-time job workers. I'm 18 and I'm dependant on how many 3D design commissions I make and how much they pay me off. Besides, I should save up for my future rather than spending that much on a game! 

Potential Solution?

About the paid content stuff, I'd recommend making them shortcuts rather than having it as exclusive paid content!

As for the VIP situation, honestly, I don't see any potential solutions other than rolling back that idea. Not everyone has VIP and those who do have VIP are expected to pay a bunch to actually gain the bonusses. 

Opinions?

What do you think of those situations? Do you have any ideas that could solve those problems? Let me know in the replies! I'm really interested in seeing your opinions.

Thanks for reading, 
Ichezis (Aka. Peter)

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 13, 2017, 14:1112/13/17
04/10/15

Lord Peter

its really nice and all an honor have u again here

Welcome Again and Regards 
Dec 13, 2017, 14:3812/13/17
Dec 13, 2017, 14:39(edited)
04/10/15

about ur great post

i only want to point in one sentence cause it seems that is superspecial for VIP's

you said

I recently asked my VIP agent for a bonus on an offer I was going to pay. He replied by saying that only if I spend at least $100 (€73) on the game, I'd get (9000 Sapphires and 50 Prestige Dragons / 100 Prestige Griffins) for $100

ok lets see

you spend 100$ and

you get 50 prestige dragons and 100 prestige griffins  or what its the same 50 regular dragons and 100 regular griffins cause it stats are the same as u can build on the queues

it takes to me 7 days to build 55 dragons and 5 days more to get 111 grifins so in 12 days i get even more  troops as the vip offer for almost free (okey have to get the resources)

i have just get this offert

for the same prize almost 100$ or 73 or 75 € i get sure 100 eldrich dragons and 100 eldrich griffins that have more stats and eat less than regular or prestige dragons/griffins, even more i get more troops get more items and get more legendaries, ohh even i get more sapphires.

so people thinks that being VIP gets a super duper great offerts better than regular player but this i think is not true.

so if you want to spend 100$ which one offert do u get ??

regards and hope every body can discuss this thread

Dec 13, 2017, 20:2212/13/17
10/31/14

I will start with the VIP program. I understand why plarium might have made you a VIP. 

The program is UNFAIR, DISCRIMINATORY, and I must add BIASED.  

It's unfair, cause of the previllages, and extra bonuses VIP players receive. Worse VIP players get some kind of special privileges when it comes to customer services. You can simply tell if a person is VIP by just checking at how the CM interact to/around/about a person. 

Discrimination. Well I am sure you remember many instances that happens when a VIP was caught red handed breaking the game policy. And nothing happened to him. DV situation is an example, I was told to not touch DV posts or ban him because he was a VIP, exee was forced to retire because he tried to discipline test, a VIP who was causing discord in the forum, that is just forum examples. VIPs can get away with criminal activity in the game, eg Frenzie hack, and stealing from plarium eg the winterfell master duel archer saga 

Biased. 

99% of From Australia. I know 2 VIPs from Africa. 

VIP get some special protection in the forum, so you're more likely to get banned in VIP related topics. 

With the first issue. Plarium is not in any way invested to making this game fun. 

BiohazarDModerator
Dec 14, 2017, 10:2112/14/17
Dec 14, 2017, 10:21(edited)
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Plarium could have perused a strategy or running the games for a large user base, high activity and make a little bit of money from many people.

They chose the low/no effort, little support or investment,small user base catch whales, exploitation business model i.e. ultra extreme pay to win. It works due to the flaws in human nature (for a short time).

Now their games are nearly dead as a result.The company that bought them will lose most of the 0.5bn investment. Everyone but a handful of management/owners lost out big time.

I invested and entrusted 3 years of my gaming life with Plarium. To say I feel robbed is an understatement. Would never touch another Plarium product with a barge pole. Greedy and utterly without morals or a care for any other stakeholders.
If nothing else hopefully it was at least a learning experience, so you can tell what type of games you prefer in the future.  
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 14, 2017, 10:2712/14/17
10/04/13

Ichezis said:

Introduction

Hi! My name's Peter, prior Moderator on Stormfall: Age of War and Wiki Author, and I'd like to put something on the table here that's been troubling my mind when I play this game.

Please note, I'm not trying to criticize anything. I'm just trying to give constructive feedback and I'm interested in other's opinions.

The Problem

I've been frankly inactive over the past year. Been playing other games, busy with college et cetera. Now I've got plenty of time as I'm switching college due to the fact I'm not interested in the education they provide. But that's not the only problem here.

I've seen Stormfall change since 31st day of January 2015, which is when I started. Back then, financially everything, from what I remember, was better. I currently see a lot of paid content appear rather than shortcuts (The new units, Vanguard and Valkyrie, and the 50% Offense & Defense boost to name some). I also noticed the VIP program is being imbalanced. I recently asked my VIP agent for a bonus on an offer I was going to pay. He replied by saying that only if I spend at least $100 (€73) on the game, I'd get (9000 Sapphires and 50 Prestige Dragons / 100 Prestige Griffins) for $100. 

In my opinion, this is really bad for the balance (and my wallet). It used to be the case that when you ask for a bonus, you'd get a bonus depending on the basecount of the Sapphires. This is still tweakable, but a whole bunch more fair that how it's now.

So I asked why this was implemented on which he answered that 'They want to treat players equally.' I appreciate the attempt, but it's far from more equal. You see, those who are able to spend at least $100 are fine. But those are usually among the full-time job workers. I'm 18 and I'm dependant on how many 3D design commissions I make and how much they pay me off. Besides, I should save up for my future rather than spending that much on a game! 

Potential Solution?

About the paid content stuff, I'd recommend making them shortcuts rather than having it as exclusive paid content!

As for the VIP situation, honestly, I don't see any potential solutions other than rolling back that idea. Not everyone has VIP and those who do have VIP are expected to pay a bunch to actually gain the bonusses. 

Opinions?

What do you think of those situations? Do you have any ideas that could solve those problems? Let me know in the replies! I'm really interested in seeing your opinions.

Thanks for reading, 
Ichezis (Aka. Peter)

The offer the vip agent gave you was actually a terrible deal.  You would probably have gotten a better one just waiting for the ones they give out to all players every few days (the $100 packs we all get have like 5x as much free stuff as the special one he offered you).  

The VIP program mostly seems to be extra customer service contact for the high spending players, for the most part they don't seem to actually get any better deals than the rest of us.  

Good luck finding a school that teaches what you need, I hope your search goes well.  

Dec 14, 2017, 12:1612/14/17
03/20/14

Oh yeah, VIP get better offers, RIGHT!

Dec 14, 2017, 12:2512/14/17
Dec 14, 2017, 12:43(edited)
01/31/15

BiohazarD said:

The offer the vip agent gave you was actually a terrible deal.  You would probably have gotten a better one just waiting for the ones they give out to all players every few days (the $100 packs we all get have like 5x as much free stuff as the special one he offered you).  

The VIP program mostly seems to be extra customer service contact for the high spending players, for the most part they don't seem to actually get any better deals than the rest of us.  

Good luck finding a school that teaches what you need, I hope your search goes well.  

That offer would be on top of the $100 I'd need to spend. It's a bonus, but it's way too expensive to be able to get this bonus for me and so many others! Besides, many of us don't even have those offers.

The bonusses are basically milestones as opposed to what they were before, where you'd just ask for a bonus for any kind of price.

My VIP agent mentioned the following milestones:

Price Bonus
$100 9000 Sapphires & 50 Prestige Dragons OR 100 Prestige Griffins
$200 20000 Sapphires & 110 Prestige Dragons OR 220 Prestige Griffins
$330 35000 Sapphires & 200 Prestige Dragons OR 400 Prestige Griffins

Remember that anything that's below $100 is not eligible for a bonus!

Thank you for the sweet wishes! I've already found what I wanted and have been accepted after the intake. So I'm happy! Haha 

Dec 14, 2017, 13:0012/14/17
02/29/16

Ichezis said:

Introduction

The Problem

Potential Solution?

Opinions?

Thanks for reading, 
Ichezis (Aka. Peter)

Hello, Peter!

Nice to see you on the Forum :) 

Let's start with the features that you mention as available only for the players who are using in-game purchases.

When the new feature is added, it can be available in the Special Offers only for some period of time, but then its usually added as a Reward to the Tournaments so even those who don't use the in-game purchases can use it.

The same situation with the features you mentioned (the new units, Vanguard and Valkyrie, and the 50% Offense & Defense boosts). The first ones will be added to some Tournaments soon, the second ones have been added already as a reward to some Tournaments.

As for the VIP program, the main benefit of it is a dedicated support service you receive from your VIP agent and any VIP Offers you receive are like bonuses, but not the main goal of the program. 

Dec 14, 2017, 13:0212/14/17
02/29/16
Ichezis said:

BiohazarD said:

That offer would be on top of the $100 I'd need to spend. It's a bonus, but it's way too expensive to be able to get this bonus for me and so many others! Besides, many of us don't even have those offers.

The bonusses are basically milestones as opposed to what they were before, where you'd just ask for a bonus for any kind of price.

My VIP agent mentioned the following milestones:

Price Bonus
$100 9000 Sapphires & 50 Prestige Dragons OR 100 Prestige Griffins
$200 20000 Sapphires & 110 Prestige Dragons OR 220 Prestige Griffins
$330 35000 Sapphires & 200 Prestige Dragons OR 400 Prestige Griffins

Remember that anything that's below $100 is not eligible for a bonus!

Thank you for the sweet wishes! I've already found what I wanted and have been accepted after the intake. So I'm happy! Haha 

Great to know you've found a school you were looking for :) Hope it will fulfil your expectations :)
Dec 15, 2017, 11:5412/15/17
02/29/16

Oracle said:

I will start with the VIP program. I understand why plarium might have made you a VIP. 

The program is UNFAIR, DISCRIMINATORY, and I must add BIASED.  

It's unfair, cause of the previllages, and extra bonuses VIP players receive. Worse VIP players get some kind of special privileges when it comes to customer services. You can simply tell if a person is VIP by just checking at how the CM interact to/around/about a person. 

Discrimination. Well I am sure you remember many instances that happens when a VIP was caught red handed breaking the game policy. And nothing happened to him. DV situation is an example, I was told to not touch DV posts or ban him because he was a VIP, exee was forced to retire because he tried to discipline test, a VIP who was causing discord in the forum, that is just forum examples. VIPs can get away with criminal activity in the game, eg Frenzie hack, and stealing from plarium eg the winterfell master duel archer saga 

Biased. 

99% of From Australia. I know 2 VIPs from Africa. 

VIP get some special protection in the forum, so you're more likely to get banned in VIP related topics. 

With the first issue. Plarium is not in any way invested to making this game fun. 

Hello Oracle!

The only advantage that VIP players receive in terms of Customer service is a dedicated VIP agent to whom they can address their questions.

There are no any privileges to VIP players on Forum as replying here to players' comments, I even don't know whether they're added to the VIP program or not. 

On Forum there is no any sign that this or that player is a VIP member.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.