All Categories

Re-introduce the food requirements for troops

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Dec 4, 2017, 04:0412/04/17

I would love to see the food requirements for the troops a person has re-introduced.  That way, if a player can not feed all their troops they die.  It will give the average player a chance
Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Dec 4, 2017, 04:4812/04/17
10/04/13
amattiuzzo said:

I would love to see the food requirements for the troops a person has re-introduced.  That way, if a player can not feed all their troops they die.  It will give the average player a chance
Would be funny to watch all the big coiners freak out, but I don't see it happening.  
Dec 4, 2017, 06:0512/04/17
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

amattiuzzo said:

Would be funny to watch all the big coiners freak out, but I don't see it happening.  

They would just need to make like unlimited levels to farms, and they could invest into upgrade their farms. Imagine all the sketches Plarium would sell right? :p

Dec 4, 2017, 06:2012/04/17
07/16/16

That would be an interesting turn to the game!  

All the coiners would be throwing their arms in the air saying how unfair they have been treated but logically thinking, if you don't have the food to support your army, wouldn't they normally die?  Seems a logical step for Plarium to take to give the game an equallibrum 
Dec 4, 2017, 06:4612/04/17
07/25/15
bhagya_anne said:

That would be an interesting turn to the game!  

All the coiners would be throwing their arms in the air saying how unfair they have been treated but logically thinking, if you don't have the food to support your army, wouldn't they normally die?  Seems a logical step for Plarium to take to give the game an equallibrum 
Well they removed it back then with the explenation this is a fantasy game and not real. So on that note, why should units have a food upkeep at all?
Dec 4, 2017, 13:0312/04/17
08/30/17

Hi!

Once the limit was off can't be re-introduced would hurt the whole mechanics of the game - for example big lvls of BG's and so on...

Best regards!

Bogdan

Dec 4, 2017, 13:1412/04/17
07/25/15
isacescu_bogdan said:

Hi!

Once the limit was off can't be re-introduced would hurt the whole mechanics of the game - for example big lvls of BG's and so on...

Best regards!

Bogdan

Well they can easy turn OFF food upkeep for units as whole. If they don't need to eat, they DO NOT NEED TO EAT: 
Dec 4, 2017, 14:0412/04/17
Dec 4, 2017, 14:16(edited)
12/13/14

amattiuzzo said:

Defensive armies need to be twice te size of equivalent strength offensive armies so consume twice the amount of food per hour. This is one of the main reasons players decided to switch from defense to offense. This has left us with many undefended castles and beacons and left the game with a massive off/def imbalance

I have always said that the food consumption of defense needed to be halved, but nobody ever listens. I also suggested that all beacon and fort defense should use zero food, and that darkened defense units should receive better consumption bonuses

but killing hungry armies will not help, as this was only designed to affect units in our castle keep, not units sent on raids, or sent as reinforcements to friends, beacons or forts etc, nor any units in catacombs

If the community is genuinely concerned with the unrestricted size of attack armies, then the argument must return to Force Limits, not food consumption ... which is just a red herring

We need workable limits for the 5 different beacon sizes, and also for the 5 or 6 different castle sizes

How does it make sense that beacons get zero protection, or that level 100 castles get the same protection as level 2 castles?
or that this protection is based on food consumption?

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.