NON COINER NEVER SURVIVE FOR THIS GAME

36 Replies
INTO THE DARKNESS
25 November, 2017, 11:59 AM UTC
As it seems VIP and coiner both are vis a vis so non coiner are not anymore in this game thats why the fun gone. As like players reduces and alts more then the actual players and leagues gonna deleted. So whats the point to alive it online game just make it coin game !!!
UTC +6:00
Gadheras
25 November, 2017, 1:16 PM UTC
INTO THE DARKNESS said:

As it seems VIP and coiner both are vis a vis so non coiner are not anymore in this game thats why the fun gone. As like players reduces and alts more then the actual players and leagues gonna deleted. So whats the point to alive it online game just make it coin game !!!
The good thing, we got got a choice if we want to play or not.
UTC +2:00
Keraunos
25 November, 2017, 9:17 PM UTC

i believe the real fun of the game it's not or beacons or big fights

real fun for me was when i stop playing with beacons and playing with castles when you have to double triple check a castle before you hit it 

and then exchange messages

only problem is that you have more losses and need more time to rebuilb

in terms of castles off vs deff is good if you have walls

UTC +7:00
jalusa
26 November, 2017, 10:30 AM UTC

YES you do...Join a league or create your own !!!  Patience -  this game is intense..Do not measure yourself against others "coiners"..

Play for the great go to game...Yes a few years...not kidding..You in or not ??

djmoody
26 November, 2017, 4:19 PM UTC

INTO THE DARKNESS said:

You hit the nail on the head.

The previous management took a short term approach to managing the games. They squeezed every last penny out of the last couple of years. They did this at the detriment to the long term future of the games allowing the coining to completely unbalance the game. The games are pointless. There is no hope of an average player (or even one that spends a modest amount). As a result the the games are now drifting into complete inactivity. Server one looks pretty toasted to me (so I expect the others are done also given 1 had the most activity to begin with).

It wasn't stupidity. They inflated their earnings to the maximum. They just sold the company on a multiple of earnings. So all the short term-ism translated into a $500m payday. The company that bought them will soon find out that those earnings are unsustainable and a lot of the titles are close to collapse.

The old management not only screwed the players and ruined the games. They screwed the people that they sold the company to. I would argue they screwed the staff as well as it can't be that much fun to peddle weak games that are never improved but just have more cash features added. Of course the staff may well pay a steeper price than us, in their long term job security. They won't have improved and learnt anything that improves their long term ability to develop good games / employability.

Ultimately all other stakeholders in the game got screwed apart from a tiny handful with of owners with a stake in the company who got VERY rich.

With regards the games position/value within society. It's worth noting that the game encourages the development of underage gambling. Studies suggest that approx 2.5% of the population are pre-disposed to problem gambling. It's nice to know that we are sucking in the next generation of problem gamblers with the lottery, teaching them early a habit that will destroy their lives. But no worries it adds to Plarium's bottom line (do you remember the outrage across the community when they brought it in - completely ignored us all - they don't care there is absolutely no morality working here - just one of the ultimate examples in capitalist greed)

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
roadstar Pitbull
26 November, 2017, 4:40 PM UTC

While in the same game, coiners VS non-coiners are 2 completely different games.

And when those 2 games collide, there is no equality, the coiner will win over.

Gadheras
26 November, 2017, 5:26 PM UTC

A pay to win model will always fail and collapse on itself. Because the free 2 play, and more modest coiners will always outnumber the heavy coiners, but  without this crowd the heavy coiners got no game to play. And when the former can't compete with the later in form of time and effort invested. There is no effective synergy and we end up on a one way trip to doomsville. 

I could mention a whole range of mmos and online games that got a effective model that work, but doing that would probably just get me banned or post deleted, because mention other games. 

But principle is simple. Pay for vanity items, resources, boosts (basicaly time saving items), is a YES. Items that doesn't make the game a pay to win, items that make people save time vs those that need to work harder and invest time and effort to compete, but can STILL compete putting in the time. In Stormfall or I guess any plarium games, such doesn't exist. Unless you want your kids to inherit your castle to keep play after you dead.

Any game where a swipe of a credit card is all it takes to get on top over someone else, is not a game worth invest money into imho, because you know it will be over sooner than later. 

Now, I'm going back to Cryodill to dish out an arrow to the knee, beause, hey all content and dlc's unlocked for 10 a month. Hard to beat that :p 

isacescu_bogdan
27 November, 2017, 10:21 AM UTC

INTO THE DARKNESS said:

Hi!

All you can do against VIP and coiners are leagues and alliances - alone you can't survive against them but in a league with active members the situation is different - I'm not a coiner, I never was and in 14 of March 2018 I'll make 5 years of playing - the must important thing I found in this game wasn't only the game with its features, was the friendship of all the people I met... together I fought against any enemy and together we always made great things :-)

Best regards!

Bogdan
Open your mind! The fact you aren't thinking at some things doesn't means they don't exist...
Dimitri Molchanov
Community Manager
27 November, 2017, 12:21 PM UTC
The argument seems to be as old as time itself. However, it is worth remembering that many players who do not make in-game purchases or make very few of those are doing very well for themselves in Stormfall and other games. Strategy, playing to their own strength and avoiding their weaknesses, teamwork are all important to ensure success. If you know your opponent is stronger, be it because he/she is a "coiner" or simply an experienced player who has been in the game for a long time, a brute force approach may not work of course. It is worth considering alternatives in this case: diplomacy, teaming up with other players, involving your League and so on. He wins, who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
Gadheras
27 November, 2017, 4:30 PM UTC

Dimitri Molchanov said:

The argument seems to be as old as time itself. However, it is worth remembering that many players who do not make in-game purchases or make very few of those are doing very well for themselves in Stormfall and other games. Strategy, playing to their own strength and avoiding their weaknesses, teamwork are all important to ensure success. If you know your opponent is stronger, be it because he/she is a "coiner" or simply an experienced player who has been in the game for a long time, a brute force approach may not work of course. It is worth considering alternatives in this case: diplomacy, teaming up with other players, involving your League and so on. He wins, who knows when to fight and when not to fight.

Care then to explain the state of beacons and even fortress's ingame? Its all a matter of work together right? The joint effort of a entire league or even several leagues can be wiped out at the swipe of a credit card. (and have been).

What games do you play personaly? Dont be shy now.
BiohazarD
27 November, 2017, 7:58 PM UTC
Gadheras said:

A pay to win model will always fail and collapse on itself. Because the free 2 play, and more modest coiners will always outnumber the heavy coiners, but  without this crowd the heavy coiners got no game to play. And when the former can't compete with the later in form of time and effort invested. There is no effective synergy and we end up on a one way trip to doomsville. 

I could mention a whole range of mmos and online games that got a effective model that work, but doing that would probably just get me banned or post deleted, because mention other games. 

But principle is simple. Pay for vanity items, resources, boosts (basicaly time saving items), is a YES. Items that doesn't make the game a pay to win, items that make people save time vs those that need to work harder and invest time and effort to compete, but can STILL compete putting in the time. In Stormfall or I guess any plarium games, such doesn't exist. Unless you want your kids to inherit your castle to keep play after you dead.

Any game where a swipe of a credit card is all it takes to get on top over someone else, is not a game worth invest money into imho, because you know it will be over sooner than later. 

Now, I'm going back to Cryodill to dish out an arrow to the knee, beause, hey all content and dlc's unlocked for 10 a month. Hard to beat that :p 

You can get most the stuff you can buy from playing the game and winning sapphires from tournaments, it just takes a very long time to do.  
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
Gadheras
27 November, 2017, 9:45 PM UTC
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

You can get most the stuff you can buy from playing the game and winning sapphires from tournaments, it just takes a very long time to do.  
Thats not the main issue though. The joint effort of a entire league can be wiped at the smash of a coined hammer. Thats one of the bigger issues, and no matter how much people hold hands and work together will fix that. 
Dimitri Molchanov
Community Manager
28 November, 2017, 10:28 AM UTC

Gadheras said:

Care then to explain the state of beacons and even fortress's ingame? Its all a matter of work together right? The joint effort of a entire league or even several leagues can be wiped out at the swipe of a credit card. (and have been).

What games do you play personaly? Dont be shy now.

That would have to be a very impressive swipe indeed. On Sparta, a powerful Coalition (League) that had many "coiners" as you put it had been battered by an alliance of weaker Leagues that managed to bring down their League Fortress by at least five levels, if not more. There have also been many cases of people who spend a lot on their Army being caught in a trap and losing most or all of their Offense Troops over the years. It can be difficult, of course, but it is far from impossible.

As for the games I play, I am not shy at all. There are quite a few that I play in my free time, but off the top of my head: Total War series, started from the original Medieval and played most of them up until the latest Warhammer, Mass Effect and Dragon Age series (I am a big fan of RPGs), Overwatch, Star Wars Battlefront (the second game now), Stellaris, planning to try out Hearts of Iron IV soon if time allows. There are more older games too, of course, and a number of mobile projects as well such as Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Glory of Generals and so on. 
Jaywalker SC
29 November, 2017, 6:22 AM UTC

Non-coiner here still after 14 months. Haven't spent a penny. (sorry Plarium)

Having a blast though and no regrets. :)
Dimitri Molchanov
Community Manager
29 November, 2017, 10:08 AM UTC
As long as you're having a blast, that is all that matters 
BiohazarD
29 November, 2017, 7:44 PM UTC
Jaywalker SC said:

Non-coiner here still after 14 months. Haven't spent a penny. (sorry Plarium)

Having a blast though and no regrets. :)
Congratulations.  It certainly takes patience and skill to play that way and be successful.  
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
djmoody
29 November, 2017, 8:02 PM UTC

Oracle said:

It seems we forgot why we are in these status quo. 

The ill-treatment that Plarium stuff, particularly members of this forum has bestowed upon Frenzie had resulted in this issue. 

Frenzie was the third most influential player in the game 2016. Plarium basically said we don't care about you, about that hack/cracking/account stealing, piss off. 

This resulted in this issue. Most veterans, players that can plan against bully coiners left. Veterans were the only players keeping coiners in bay. Their leaving, coupled with Plarium's aggressive behaviour towards small league pushed coiners game play to a brink. Coiners like roftie, DV, and Bob had policy of hitting beacons and forts, when Plarium killed that part of the game. They turned to fighting veterans, when veterans left, they either left, or are now targeting smaller players and leagues. 

Plarium has now advanced it's game and is practically making it impossible to play without ever spending. 

Erm ..... that account was the original coined bully account and a prime leading example of the reason the server is dead. What planet are you on?

Roanne spent as much but at a time when there wasn't the same degree of pay to win features. The account you mentioned was the first spending on that level, at a time when the bang for buck yielded accounts that were on a level with entire leagues.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
BiohazarD
29 November, 2017, 10:14 PM UTC
djmoody said:

Oracle said:

It seems we forgot why we are in these status quo. 

The ill-treatment that Plarium stuff, particularly members of this forum has bestowed upon Frenzie had resulted in this issue. 

Frenzie was the third most influential player in the game 2016. Plarium basically said we don't care about you, about that hack/cracking/account stealing, piss off. 

This resulted in this issue. Most veterans, players that can plan against bully coiners left. Veterans were the only players keeping coiners in bay. Their leaving, coupled with Plarium's aggressive behaviour towards small league pushed coiners game play to a brink. Coiners like roftie, DV, and Bob had policy of hitting beacons and forts, when Plarium killed that part of the game. They turned to fighting veterans, when veterans left, they either left, or are now targeting smaller players and leagues. 

Plarium has now advanced it's game and is practically making it impossible to play without ever spending. 

Erm ..... that account was the original coined bully account and a prime leading example of the reason the server is dead. What planet are you on?

Roanne spent as much but at a time when there wasn't the same degree of pay to win features. The account you mentioned was the first spending on that level, at a time when the bang for buck yielded accounts that were on a level with entire leagues.

Nah Roanne could have had the same power except that he spent his money extremely un-intelligently (buying 20-50mil offense, sending it at a castle to die, then buying it back).  
Grud
30 November, 2017, 8:13 PM UTC
You are correct. stormfall is not a "strategy game" as Plarium try`s to claim. Stormfall is a Major money game where players have Many alts and share their accounts with multiple other players. Plarium has not listened to the players in the past and Probably never will. They refuse to do anything about the massive multi accounting going on in this game. They prefer to turn the "Blind Eye" to the cheating as long as they are raking in our money.
Jaywalker SC
1 December, 2017, 6:57 AM UTC

I find it interesting that Plarium seems to always get the blame for the actions of those persons in real power in the game.

I blame Plarium for one thing only: massive zombie armies that do not eat a thing yet can kill, and do not die of hunger. It goes against the natural way of life and war that this game is based on. 

This is not "Walking Dead" season 205.

Yet the decision to engage in a server war to destroy everyone's beacons and fortresses - no matter the level - was not of Plarium's doing but that of a very small number of people who threw old friendships, diplomacy &  common sense out the window without a miniscule thought to tomorrow.

And that with just with the total self-serving aim of being in top 10 at all costs. Sad really.

1780425 users registered; 48368 topics; 287237 posts; our newest member:MackCheese