All Categories

Let's obtain the Ulrich's Blade, all together

Let's obtain the Ulrich's Blade, all together

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 7, 2017, 09:4711/07/17
01/11/16

I found the best way to get relics is to put defense on hamlet and let it die. I would say about 100 golem or demon works best. After about 20 or more times getting wiped you have a good chance of getting a Urlich's Blade. 

Not sure what the big deal of getting these relics is, its only infantry. Two Poisoned Claws are almost as good for Chimera and are easier to get. 
Nov 7, 2017, 11:0111/07/17
07/25/15
Erwan said:

Yet another common relic from a one defensive unit fight.

Please, stop talking about chance while it's not.

The type of the relic depends on the size of the fight.

no, its by chance, I got some good ones just by have a fife being captured by someone else, at the cost of a single archer. Its random. Its a bit like play the lottery, you dont expect to win every time you play do you?
Nov 7, 2017, 11:1311/07/17
02/29/16

Hello.

Lord Erwan, as many players in this thread mentioned, the Relics are given randomly.

There is no a perfect formula for the number and type of the Units you need to send to get this or that Relic.

Also, while creating a thread with the open discussion on the Forum, you need to understand that players will come to it and share their opinion on the question you asked and not always this opinion will be the same as yours.

That's why I removed your comments where you asked players to stop talking and edited some of your posts.

The main idea of the Forum is discussion and in this thread, players were discussing the question you asked. So, no one was spamming here ;)

Nov 8, 2017, 14:3611/08/17
07/25/15

Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Lord Erwan, as many players in this thread mentioned, the Relics are given randomly.

What does it significate ? This does not mean anything to me. I need to fight to obtain a relic, so it's not one hundred percent random as I need to fight to obtain the relic, right ?

The more fights I do, the more chances I have. So, it's not one hundred percent given randomly, right ? So, what does it significate "the Relics are given randomly" ??

Erwan said:

Is this true, yes or no ?

Of course, if you do 1000 fights your chance to get one is higher than if you do 10, but it still RANDOM. 
Nov 8, 2017, 20:1911/08/17
12/18/14
Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

What does it significate ? This does not mean anything to me. I need to fight to obtain a relic, so it's not one hundred percent random as I need to fight to obtain the relic, right ?

The more fights I do, the more chances I have. So, it's not one hundred percent given randomly, right ? So, what does it significate "the Relics are given randomly" ??

Erwan said:

I don't believe that is true the people I know have obtained relics from small defends and some from huge hits - it is RANDOM
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 9, 2017, 00:3311/09/17
10/04/13

Erwan said:

Gadheras said:

you could always send 1000 attacks with 1 pike in each at someone to test.

Thanks, but I'm not skeptical about my own words.
Probably because I have already done my own tests...

Oh boy...
You could send 1000 attacks with 1 pike in each yourself.
What don't you understand in "Let's obtain the Ulrich's Blade, all together" ??
I already spent a lot of my very own units.
Maybe, you could help me, just a bit.

So by "all together" you mean somebody else figure it out for you? XD

Well here's my 2 cents.  Relic drops probably follow a series of probability distributions, where the probability of getting each type of relic is based on the value of troops lost in the fight (of course with a cap of 1 relic per battle).  So in a battle where you lose 100 pikemen, the chance of getting a "weak" relic might be 1/10, the chance of getting a "medium" relic might be 1/500, and the chance of getting a "strong" relic might be 1/10000.  The probability of each type of relic dropping changes independently based on the troops lost, so in a tiny battle your chances of getting a "strong" relic are non zero, but very small, while in a larger battle your chances of getting the same relic are much higher.  

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that larger battles are always better.  Let's say your chances of getting a "strong" relic are 1/50 in a battle where you lose 50 dragons, but 1/10 in a battle where you lose 500 dragons. On average it would cost you 1250 dragons to get the relic losing them 50 at a time, but 2500 by sending them 500 at a time, so doing more of the smaller battles might be better even though the drop chance on each one is lower.  The opposite is also true, sending single unit attacks doesn't seem to work very well either although there is a non zero chance that you'll get the relic you want.  

So it becomes an optimization problem, where you have to estimate the drop chance for different size attacks, and use that to determine the least costly strategy.  

There's also the question of how Plarium categorizes the relics (hence why I put my assumed classes in quotations).  The ulrichs blade relic is one of the best relics in the game, but because it acts on infantry it may be considered a low level relic.  

Here's a little data:

Last beacon massacre I sent 50 waves of 400-500 demons at stacked beacons.  28 of them got relics, but none were ulrichs blades.  It could be that I just got unlucky, but it seems more likely that my hits were either too large or too small.  
Nov 9, 2017, 04:5411/09/17
07/25/15
djmoody said:

From recollection of fights and drops I would agree with Bio.

Low level fights seem to yield proportionally more low level relics. Big fights don't seem to give out low level relics. It seems random but there are tiers of fights sizes which have different probabilities of dropping each level of relic.

I am sorry I don't have hard facts or evidence though, just the memory of what I have seen.
I found that if you send a unit at a league members castle, and they get hit hard, I gotten good relics that way too. I think its all random, but deppends on your activity and how much you do. Relics wont drop in your lap by just stare at the screen. 
Nov 9, 2017, 09:5011/09/17
02/29/16

Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Hello.

>  I need to fight to obtain a relic

The fight is a thing you need to do to get a Relic, but after which fight you receive the Relic is determined randomly.

Of course, the more fights you do, the higher your chances to get a Relic is. 

> The type of the relic depends on the size of the fight.

As the Relics are given randomly, then it's logic that size of the fight doesn't influence the type of the Relic you get as it's random.

Nov 9, 2017, 12:5111/09/17
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Hello.

The fight is a thing you need to do to get a Relic, but after which fight you receive the Relic is determined randomly.

As the Relics are given randomly, then it's logic that size of the fight doesn't influence the type of the Relic you get as it's random.

You are using the word RANDOM to many times, you better watch out he report you too! :p
Nov 10, 2017, 09:0011/10/17
02/29/16
Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Hello.

You are using the word RANDOM to many times, you better watch out he report you too! :p
I think I'll be able to deal with it 
Nov 10, 2017, 18:4611/10/17
12/18/14
Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. I don't believe you, because 100% of the relics I obtained from little fights (I mean one defensive unit, or one offensive unit) are common relic.

Do you, please, have any proof that rare relics can be obtained from fights in which the troupe is one only unit ?
its not likely to get  a rare relic from single unit "fights" but again one of my commanders obtained both of hers from defending with a couple hundred demons
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 10, 2017, 22:4511/10/17
10/04/13
Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Hello.

We already know it's not random though, there's definitely some correlation between fight size and type of relic.  We're just trying to figure out what the categories are. 
Nov 16, 2017, 06:5711/16/17
01/11/16

Offense attacks, raids on castles give the most relic drops.  Defense actions easy way is hamlet. And want to get wiped. 100 occult units is plenty for relics. Sure you will get commons but gotten up to royal for relics. You wont get divines this way but best way to go at with getting the pathfinder relic. 

Losing defense has better relic drop from what I have found.  At least 60% drop rate on relics if not higher.
Nov 16, 2017, 08:4211/16/17
08/31/15
For what its worth, 30 golems at a hamlet has a very, very low relic drop rate (or my luck is very bad). 
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 17, 2017, 09:4211/17/17
10/04/13
ThatGuy said:

For what its worth, 30 golems at a hamlet has a very, very low relic drop rate (or my luck is very bad). 
Yeah think you'd want to use a bit more, like 100-200.  
Nov 20, 2017, 20:5111/20/17
12/13/14

I found the GENUINE Royal Pathfinder Relic

Killed 4,542 friendly archers to get the 10 Valkyra from XP Tourney

Bella Morte was designed for Pathfinders, not Ulrich's Blade

May 25, 2018, 01:0705/25/18
May 25, 2018, 01:15(edited)
05/22/14

I may have some new/different perspective: a tiny league member got 2 UB's within few months of starting game

1st was obtained @ level 50 raiding a lvl 65 or 66 player nearby successfully

2nd was @ level 65 being spied upon by a player level 80 or 81 and losing nothing but 1 spy

So perhaps level-difference of your opponent could be a trigger?

Size of battle and troop losses certainly didn't do it for both cases

Looking forward to comments, and perhaps some UB-owners recognise some common grounds in that experience

Knowing now that it could happen this way, I'm certainly going to invite some players from friendly league of around level 107 or higher to send some dozen or so spy raids/day until those babies come home ;)

Plenty

May 31, 2018, 22:4505/31/18
10/29/15

Ulrich's Blade is the most prized of relics.  Yet the relic seems to escape some and pour like manna from heaven on other players.  I don't pretend to have the answer for that statistical anomaly.  For myself, I've never gotten a UB from a settlement.  And settlements are so tiring.  The one UB I do have came from eating a 10pak of FB's.  Imagine my surprise.  

What I am certain of is that you cannot plot a strategy to ensure you gain a UB,   You are more likely to discover the fountain of youth by scouring topo maps than come up with a formula that will lead you to a UB.
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 2, 2018, 18:5106/02/18
10/04/13

I_Claudio1 said:

Ulrich's Blade is the most prized of relics.  Yet the relic seems to escape some and pour like manna from heaven on other players.  I don't pretend to have the answer for that statistical anomaly.  For myself, I've never gotten a UB from a settlement.  And settlements are so tiring.  The one UB I do have came from eating a 10pak of FB's.  Imagine my surprise.  

What I am certain of is that you cannot plot a strategy to ensure you gain a UB,   You are more likely to discover the fountain of youth by scouring topo maps than come up with a formula that will lead you to a UB.

If you'd like, we can drop some more FBs on you.  Because we love you.  :P

I think the best way to farm for relics is sending waves of like 500k off at a stacked beacon during the beacon massacre tournament (if plarium ever does that tourney again, not sure they will). 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.