All Categories

WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF WHEEL OF FORTUNE???

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 3, 2017, 13:4211/03/17
02/20/17

I quiet curious on the function of the what we called WHEEL OF FORTUNE. We know its working mechanism like a wheel whereby you will get a random discount on certain item or segment every 22 hrs. However I am not very certain on what exactly the function to us? What can be offered on this features? Is it helpful for the player?

Everyone are free to give their opinion on this, hopefully my curiosity will be answered. Thanks & Regards.  

Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 4, 2017, 02:1211/04/17
10/04/13
fi3reloaded said:

I quiet curious on the function of the what we called WHEEL OF FORTUNE. We know its working mechanism like a wheel whereby you will get a random discount on certain item or segment every 22 hrs. However I am not very certain on what exactly the function to us? What can be offered on this features? Is it helpful for the player?

Everyone are free to give their opinion on this, hopefully my curiosity will be answered. Thanks & Regards.  

It just gives you discounts on stuff you may or may not want.  Sometimes it's helpful, most of the discounts are for stuff you don't need once you've been playing the game a while (like it gives you discounts on castle skins even after you've already bought one), but occasionally it will give you a discount on buying legendary troops or building fortifications for your castle.  
Nov 4, 2017, 02:2111/04/17
02/20/17

BiohazarD said:

fi3reloaded said:

It just gives you discounts on stuff you may or may not want.  Sometimes it's helpful, most of the discounts are for stuff you don't need once you've been playing the game a while (like it gives you discounts on castle skins even after you've already bought one), but occasionally it will give you a discount on buying legendary troops or building fortifications for your castle.  

So basically you are saying player will get different type of discount and not focus on a single type only right? I give simple example, today you got 60% on castle skins, tomorrow 50% on castle skins, next day you got 60% on legendaries troops then 30% on building fortification, then 40% castle skin, is that how the wheel of fortune working?? 

The mechanism will not working purposely to serve on a single type only isn't it? Correct me if I mistake about it.

Nov 4, 2017, 04:4511/04/17
12/18/14
fi3reloaded said:

BiohazarD said:

fi3reloaded said:

So basically you are saying player will get different type of discount and not focus on a single type only right? I give simple example, today you got 60% on castle skins, tomorrow 50% on castle skins, next day you got 60% on legendaries troops then 30% on building fortification, then 40% castle skin, is that how the wheel of fortune working?? 

The mechanism will not working purposely to serve on a single type only isn't it? Correct me if I mistake about it.

Its supposed to be totally random - so you can use the discounts or not use them - at this point of the game most discounts don't offer much for me personally with the exception of the "all units" discounts - those i take advantage of to build imperial amulet units so my builds of resource troops don't get back logged by amulet troops
Nov 4, 2017, 15:1511/04/17
02/20/17
Jezebel said:

fi3reloaded said:

BiohazarD said:

fi3reloaded said:

Its supposed to be totally random - so you can use the discounts or not use them - at this point of the game most discounts don't offer much for me personally with the exception of the "all units" discounts - those i take advantage of to build imperial amulet units so my builds of resource troops don't get back logged by amulet troops
Being said that, is it possible for the wheel of fortune to regularly and continuously to work on every single reset on one type such as in resources segment we have resources and resources production boost. Basically, can the wheel of fortune just take these two and randomly rotate them every single reset with different percentage of discount? Example: today it shows 40% on resources, next day 30% on resources, then 30% on resources production boost, then 50% on resources, next day 30% on resources production boost, the wheel of fortune only use these two to cycle the wheel. Is it possible the wheel of fortune to work like that?
Nov 4, 2017, 19:0611/04/17
12/18/14
Limad said:

It's pretty obvious that your wheel is busted. But it's pretty flaky for a lot of people. The "all units" discount is always 40% for me. Boosts, spells etc are nearly always 30%. I can't recall ever getting a discount specific to legos, certainly not in recent memory. But hey, maybe my "segment" doesn't like legos. 

I guess you could ask Oberon for his opinion when he's not too busy spamming the Player Gatherings section.
agreed if your  wheel seems stuck and rotating on the same discounts all the time send a ticket to support - it does happen
Nov 4, 2017, 22:3411/04/17
02/20/17

Jezebel said:

Limad said:

It's pretty obvious that your wheel is busted. But it's pretty flaky for a lot of people. The "all units" discount is always 40% for me. Boosts, spells etc are nearly always 30%. I can't recall ever getting a discount specific to legos, certainly not in recent memory. But hey, maybe my "segment" doesn't like legos. 

I guess you could ask Oberon for his opinion when he's not too busy spamming the Player Gatherings section.
agreed if your  wheel seems stuck and rotating on the same discounts all the time send a ticket to support - it does happen

I already ask Oberon on that, waiting for the answer, hopefully he is not so busy to answer them.

Well, the reason I made this discussion in the first place is to answer my doubtful on my issue, I already sent a lot of ticket to support but none of them be entertained. I wonder why they not taking my ticket seriously.

The only reason I could thinking is it only me who sent the ticket on this issue, like Limad said there might be some people face the same issue like me but stuck rotating on one type with different discount such as different discount on all unit every single reset or different discount on all boost. Thats very beneficial for the player. Being said that, it is pretty obvious for them to keep silent and just play the game. If I be in that situation, there will be no complaint in the first place right?

Most of moderator on this forum just close their eyes and not helpful. So what else I need to do? 
Nov 5, 2017, 11:5311/05/17
07/14/14

My view is that it is not random. I have no clue if it gets 'stuck'. 

I never get to buy resource at a discount via the wheel anymore.

The reason in my view is that I have bought and still buy plenty of food.
Nov 5, 2017, 12:5911/05/17
02/20/17
mindful said:

Things have change, this feature not useful anymore compared to before. I dont get it why they still put it in the game. I am from KABAM, before migrate, my wheel of fortune working perfectly fine, I got different type of discount every time it reset and yes sometimes they will be same type but then it will change to other type on next reset. I dont get it why the moderator, support and administrator dont see the issue here.
Nov 6, 2017, 12:0811/06/17
02/29/16

fi3reloaded said:

mindful said:

Things have change, this feature not useful anymore compared to before. I dont get it why they still put it in the game. I am from KABAM, before migrate, my wheel of fortune working perfectly fine, I got different type of discount every time it reset and yes sometimes they will be same type but then it will change to other type on next reset. I dont get it why the moderator, support and administrator dont see the issue here.

Hello.

It's normal if you get the discount for Resources ( if the percentage is changing, then the Offers are not stuck). 

Also, as I can see you already have this topic discussed with our Support team representative: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/84801_discrimination--support-who-not-supportive/

Nov 6, 2017, 12:2911/06/17
02/20/17

Alina Phoenix said:

fi3reloaded said:

mindful said:

Hello.

It's normal if you get the discount for Resources ( if the percentage is changing, then the Offers are not stuck). 

Also, as I can see you already have this topic discussed with our Support team representative: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/84801_discrimination--support-who-not-supportive/

It is normal to receive discount for Resources, yes I admit that. But it will be abnormal if the discount only choose two option and cycle them over and over again every single reset within this 7 month.

It is pretty obvious the Plarium doing injustice to me by giving only two option for my discount, I would rather saying it as one option since both in one segment.  I also one of player who spending money for the game but if this how you treating me, you just telling me to stop spending any dollar on the game. I know your role Alina, but you are not customer oriented person, you not putting yourself in my shoes.

That why this thread is for me to get my doubtful clear what the meaning of wheel of fortune, if you not reading the whole message on this thread, better you dont jump by giving some stupid answer and make me more angrier. 

Better you telling me what actually the function of wheel of fortune in the first place since most moderator avoid telling the truth. 

Nov 6, 2017, 22:2011/06/17
11/26/15
wheel is still broken for many players.... i have not gotten a fortification discount in months
Nov 6, 2017, 22:3211/06/17
07/14/14

"It is normal to receive discount for Resources, yes I admit that. But it will be abnormal if the discount only choose two option and cycle them over and over again every single reset within this 7 month."

I seem to get all options that I never have bought in game the last year or so.

I never get discounts via the wheel on stuff I have spent saphs on.

Nov 7, 2017, 05:4811/07/17
02/20/17
mindful said:

"It is normal to receive discount for Resources, yes I admit that. But it will be abnormal if the discount only choose two option and cycle them over and over again every single reset within this 7 month."

I seem to get all options that I never have bought in game the last year or so.

I never get discounts via the wheel on stuff I have spent saphs on.

I dont think that saphs has nothing to do with WoF, I have spent much on everything whether in unit, resources, fortification, castle expansion, boost and so on. But why the system only pick for me these two type that very useless.
Nov 7, 2017, 09:5911/07/17
01/11/16
There are mechanics on how wheel of fortune will give you discounts. There has to be involvement in game play in certain ways. The mechanics of the discounts are against you. Hope my hints help you
Nov 7, 2017, 10:0311/07/17
02/20/17
cat in the hat said:

There are mechanics on how wheel of fortune will give you discounts. There has to be involvement in game play in certain ways. The mechanics of the discounts are against you. Hope my hints help you
Give me some clue how to stop WoF from giving me only two option whether resources or resources production boost over and over again. I want to have other option of discount too. It has been 7 month for the same thing these two cycle randomly. Seriously svcks a lot.
Nov 7, 2017, 10:2211/07/17
07/14/14

"I dont think that saphs has nothing to do with WoF, I have spent much on everything whether in unit, resources, fortification, castle expansion, boost and so on. But why the system only pick for me these two type that very useless."

I still think it does. If you do buy everything steadily and in a balanced way and at the same time frames you are unique. What I saw when I started buying food resources regularly was a steady decline of the chance for a discount on resources to come up in the wheel and then the chance was left out in the spin. By then I was dedicated to buying food several times every week. I am pretty sure if I stop buying food I will after a while get a chance to buy it at a discount via the wheel.

Nov 7, 2017, 11:2811/07/17
02/29/16

fi3reloaded said:

Alina Phoenix said:

fi3reloaded said:

mindful said:

Hello.

It is normal to receive discount for Resources, yes I admit that. But it will be abnormal if the discount only choose two option and cycle them over and over again every single reset within this 7 month.

It is pretty obvious the Plarium doing injustice to me by giving only two option for my discount, I would rather saying it as one option since both in one segment.  I also one of player who spending money for the game but if this how you treating me, you just telling me to stop spending any dollar on the game. I know your role Alina, but you are not customer oriented person, you not putting yourself in my shoes.

That why this thread is for me to get my doubtful clear what the meaning of wheel of fortune, if you not reading the whole message on this thread, better you dont jump by giving some stupid answer and make me more angrier. 

Better you telling me what actually the function of wheel of fortune in the first place since most moderator avoid telling the truth. 

Hello.

Purpose of the Wheel of Fortune as well as of any other discount is actually to give a discount for some kind of Items, Resources, etc.

WoF has a certain number of Items you can get a discount for. As it was already told in ticket and by our Support Team representative,  the number of offers is limited, and each of them has own priority, you are getting the most popular offers. 

Also, please take into account that the variety of the offers depends on your Castle's development and in-game progress. If your Castle is well-developed and you have a high Level in the game, it's logical that your chance to receive one type of Offer for several times is much higher than for a player on Level 15.

The feature is working in this way for all players, and it's not only for your account. So, there is no any bug here and it's my final reply on this question.

Nov 7, 2017, 11:3011/07/17
02/29/16

nix said:

wheel is still broken for many players.... i have not gotten a fortification discount in months

Hello.

It's not broken, and it was fixed already.

If you're not getting any specific kind of discount, it doesn't mean that WoF doesn't work as expected.
Nov 7, 2017, 14:3611/07/17
11/26/15

hi alina,

so nobody is getting fortifications discounts? or just me?   

if only me, why?
Nov 7, 2017, 14:4011/07/17
Nov 7, 2017, 14:43(edited)
11/26/15

Alina Phoenix said:

fi3reloaded said:

Alina Phoenix said:

fi3reloaded said:

mindful said:

Hello.

Hello.

Purpose of the Wheel of Fortune as well as of any other discount is actually to give a discount for some kind of Items, Resources, etc.

WoF has a certain number of Items you can get a discount for. As it was already told in ticket and by our Support Team representative,  the number of offers is limited, and each of them has own priority, you are getting the most popular offers. 

Also, please take into account that the variety of the offers depends on your Castle's development and in-game progress. If your Castle is well-developed and you have a high Level in the game, it's logical that your chance to receive one type of Offer for several times is much higher than for a player on Level 15.

The feature is working in this way for all players, and it's not only for your account. So, there is no any bug here and it's my final reply on this question.

i am level 81 and have hardly any walls, i would like to get some but with a discount..... so now you are saying i will most likely dont get a usefull discount because of my level?  

not trying to troll alina just trying to understand!
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.