All Categories

BEACON's are now the HAMLET's of this game

BEACON's are now the HAMLET's of this game

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 2, 2017, 19:3411/02/17
09/12/15
Oh noooo, I still have 1,5years troops build up queing...
Nov 2, 2017, 20:5911/02/17
Nov 2, 2017, 21:07(edited)
05/30/14

Alina Phoenix said:

DoomieUK said:

Hi Alina,

I know that some accounts have agents attached to them and I don't know why this information is not being fed back to the developers.

But read my previous letter and make your response to the developers...otherwise GAME OVER

Stewart thanks for this friend. let hope there is a response from the developers

DoomieUK

Hello.

This information has been forwarded to devs already. I know that it's difficult to hold Beacon now and one of the reasons is the absence of the attack limit.

The response from developers is that they'll think about adding this limit and they'll let me know once this decision is made.

Hi Alina,

Many Thanks for your response to this issue. I appreciate your time here as usual

I hope the developers now do their bit

DoomieUK

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 3, 2017, 02:5911/03/17
10/04/13
Snowgoon said:

Jaywalker SC said:

CM, what about the issue of sustainable food resources for huge armies that do not seem to need to eat anything?

What is the point of having troop Food Consumption rates that DO NOT APPLY even when you cannot feed your massive armies? 

(or maybe everyone can just move to my location ... plenty food here.)

Removing food limits was what got us into this mess in the first place, combined with a lack of workable force limits it has destroyed the entire game for most 'normal' players

they even removed the attack limits on Hamlets - Hopeless

but the biggest problem is burried within the zero-loss combat algorithm, which drives these massive attacks

Attackers would not be quite so gung-ho if they expected one-for-one losses every time

Defenders behind fortifications using missile weapons should destroy half of the attacking army before they even reached the walls

Remember The Alamo

The time frame for this game is middle ages, so I don't think we'll be getting missiles any time soon :P  Although they would probably be pretty effective against dragons.  
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 3, 2017, 03:0211/03/17
10/04/13
Lord said:

Oh noooo, I still have 1,5years troops build up queing...
Well he did say the servers will be up until the start of 2019, so you should be good even if things go downhill...
Nov 3, 2017, 04:5911/03/17
09/29/16

BiohazarD said:

Snowgoon said:

Jaywalker SC said:

CM, what about the issue of sustainable food resources for huge armies that do not seem to need to eat anything?

What is the point of having troop Food Consumption rates that DO NOT APPLY even when you cannot feed your massive armies? 

Removing food limits was what got us into this mess in the first place, combined with a lack of workable force limits it has destroyed the entire game for most 'normal' players

they even removed the attack limits on Hamlets - Hopeless

but the biggest problem is burried within the zero-loss combat algorithm, which drives these massive attacks

Attackers would not be quite so gung-ho if they expected one-for-one losses every time

Defenders behind fortifications using missile weapons should destroy half of the attacking army before they even reached the walls

Remember The Alamo

The time frame for this game is middle ages, so I don't think we'll be getting missiles any time soon :P  Although they would probably be pretty effective against dragons.  

Aren't Ballistas the missiles of the middle ages? 

But what we have now are a limited few on the walls. 

Would be nice to be able to purchase multiple Ballista batteries as permanent improvements. And I dont mean the troop type that die so easily. But I doubt that would ever happen. 

Nov 3, 2017, 07:3711/03/17
03/01/15

Jaywalker SC said:

Would be nice to be able to purchase multiple Ballista batteries as permanent improvements. And I dont mean the troop type that die so easily. But I doubt that would ever happen. 

We have archers and those specialized infantry troops as well as the handful of catapults on the walls.

Another tech that existed in the middle ages and still exists today is the eye.  Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?  While the mechanic can be useful (since people don't know if an attack is real or fake), its also one of the more illogical mechanics in the game.  

The removal of the food limit makes little sense.  The original announcement tried to make it fit into the fantasy medieval setting by saying our wizards can now turn rocks into bread.  Considering the massive armies some folk have, their castles must float above massive pits that reach to the very core of this fantasy world and expand outwards at an ever increasing rate as every scrap of matter is converted to food by those poor overworked wizards.
Nov 3, 2017, 08:0011/03/17
07/16/16
Alina Phoenix said:

DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

I am aiming my point of view at PLARIUM game developers.

I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s and only those with MASSIVE defence will hold a level 5 beacon.

Obviously this is not good for ALL the other leagues that do not have MASSIVE defence.

So in my eyes the BEACON's will become like HAMLET's a pointless part of the game.

I therefore ask the developers to rethink how BEACON's can be a BIG part of the game once again.

Over to you PLARIUM developers and make your owners happy in resolving this issue

DoomieUK

Hello.

> I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s

Where did you get this information?

Take a look at the game!!!  It doesn't take a genus to work it out 
Nov 3, 2017, 08:0211/03/17
07/16/16

Jezebel said:

there isn't much reason to log in anymore to be honest

a perfectly good game has been ruined with all the changes that have happened in the past 18 months or so

And who caused that!!!

Look in the mirror
Nov 3, 2017, 09:2211/03/17
07/25/15

bhagya_anne said:

Jezebel said:

a perfectly good game has been ruined with all the changes that have happened in the past 18 months or so

And who caused that!!!

Look in the mirror

You can't blame the players for playing the game in a way made possible by Plarium. If you want players to "hold back" for the best of the game, then you are playing the wrong game. You make an artificial boundry. Like a floodgate that will just burst eventually. It's crap game mechanics that lead the game spirral down on the path it is. 

The state of the game now feels like a football game where no one left on the rafters to cheer, and the home team (Plarium) refuse to take the field. So the away team (the players) take their ball and going home.

Nov 3, 2017, 10:4511/03/17
02/29/16

Jaywalker SC said:

Hello.

Many players asked us to remove the Food limits to be able to build stronger armies. Our developers have decided to implement this idea into the game. 

This was done to give you an opportunity to have more Units and participate in more epic battles. 

Your troops still consume Food and you won't be able to train new troops if your Food storages are empty. 

Nov 3, 2017, 12:0011/03/17
02/29/16

djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

I know that adding a force limit to the Beacons will make them easier to keep. That's why I forwarded this suggestion to devs.

They said that they'll think about it and let me know once any decision is taken.

I can't speed up this process, but once I have any news I'll let you know.

I can help you speed it up. If it isn't done soon I will quit. Not as a grand gesture or a big threat but out of simple boredom and lack of content.

You guys won't notice because you don't really understand much about the games or who the players are within them but yet another well known player quit this week. A player that has galvanised others, run leagues and has helped create and drive content for the game well in excess of anything your own dev team have contributed over the last three years.

2016 was the year the casuals all left the game. It is hopelessly unbalanced and they simply left to go play other better games where they had some kind of chance to compete.

2017 is the year you are losing you long term loyal players. The ones that have played the game hard, been in senior league positions are significantly emotionally invested in the game. They have stayed due to that investment and their communities.

2018 will be the year you lose all the whales (major coiners). Because the activity will become so low that is there is no one left worth lording it over, spending tens of thousands of dollars to dominate an empty map isn't going to pass even their irrational thought processes.

end of 2018, start of 2019 the servers shut.

I predicted how the unbalanced coining would impact the game end of 2015. Predicted how the imbalance of off and def would have major impacts 1.5yrs ago and we ran the Balur ropeplay to highlight the coming end of the beacon game. I have a lot of credibility in predicting tomorrows problems today - I don't pick those dates out of a hat they come from a very deep understanding of the games and the player base.

I am as sure as day follows night that you will ignore this warning as well and leave us with the hollow pleasure of saying "we told you so".

Hello, my Lord.

No one can predict what the future will hold.

You shared your thoughts as the feedback and opinion of the experienced player, thank you for it.

Our devs regularly analyze the numbers and statistics on the servers. They don't rely on the feelings or predictions, but on numbers, they're receiving. And now there are no any plans on quitting the game or shutting the servers.

Thanks for your feedback once again.

Nov 3, 2017, 12:3811/03/17
02/29/16

Red said:

Jaywalker SC said:

We have archers and those specialized infantry troops as well as the handful of catapults on the walls.

Another tech that existed in the middle ages and still exists today is the eye.  Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?  While the mechanic can be useful (since people don't know if an attack is real or fake), its also one of the more illogical mechanics in the game.  

The removal of the food limit makes little sense.  The original announcement tried to make it fit into the fantasy medieval setting by saying our wizards can now turn rocks into bread.  Considering the massive armies some folk have, their castles must float above massive pits that reach to the very core of this fantasy world and expand outwards at an ever increasing rate as every scrap of matter is converted to food by those poor overworked wizards.

Hello.

> Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?

Notifying a player about the upcoming attack is already an advantage. 

Nov 3, 2017, 12:5711/03/17
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

I know that adding a force limit to the Beacons will make them easier to keep. That's why I forwarded this suggestion to devs.

They said that they'll think about it and let me know once any decision is taken.

I can help you speed it up. If it isn't done soon I will quit. Not as a grand gesture or a big threat but out of simple boredom and lack of content.

You guys won't notice because you don't really understand much about the games or who the players are within them but yet another well known player quit this week. A player that has galvanised others, run leagues and has helped create and drive content for the game well in excess of anything your own dev team have contributed over the last three years.

2016 was the year the casuals all left the game. It is hopelessly unbalanced and they simply left to go play other better games where they had some kind of chance to compete.

2017 is the year you are losing you long term loyal players. The ones that have played the game hard, been in senior league positions are significantly emotionally invested in the game. They have stayed due to that investment and their communities.

2018 will be the year you lose all the whales (major coiners). Because the activity will become so low that is there is no one left worth lording it over, spending tens of thousands of dollars to dominate an empty map isn't going to pass even their irrational thought processes.

I predicted how the unbalanced coining would impact the game end of 2015. Predicted how the imbalance of off and def would have major impacts 1.5yrs ago and we ran the Balur ropeplay to highlight the coming end of the beacon game. I have a lot of credibility in predicting tomorrows problems today - I don't pick those dates out of a hat they come from a very deep understanding of the games and the player base.

I am as sure as day follows night that you will ignore this warning as well and leave us with the hollow pleasure of saying "we told you so".

Hello, my Lord.

You shared your thoughts as the feedback and opinion of the experienced player, thank you for it.

Our devs regularly analyze the numbers and statistics on the servers. They don't rely on the feelings or predictions, but on numbers, they're receiving. And now there are no any plans on quitting the game or shutting the servers.

Yet he did such a good job of it, predict the future that is.... Btw, you know yourself that if Plarium had released any plans of end the game, or given a date for a shut down, it would be like give yourself a groin kick in the regards of how much more players would spend on this, so that would never happen. 
Nov 3, 2017, 13:1011/03/17
12/18/14
bhagya_anne said:

Jezebel said:

And who caused that!!!

Look in the mirror
lol not me I am not a major coiner causing major inbalance in the game
Nov 3, 2017, 19:4111/03/17
04/10/15

Dear Lords

only one personal thought reading this post. really i would like u all could read Stormfall Rage Page on FB and see the battles for beacons between Asgard leagues and rejects leagues. and nobody are leaving beacons for that attacks. 

maybe im missunderstanding you about what u want to comunicate in this post, but would like u will see all the massacre along this last month

Regards

BiohazarDModerator
Nov 4, 2017, 02:1711/04/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Alina Phoenix said:

djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Hello, my Lord.

Yet he did such a good job of it, predict the future that is.... Btw, you know yourself that if Plarium had released any plans of end the game, or given a date for a shut down, it would be like give yourself a groin kick in the regards of how much more players would spend on this, so that would never happen. 
There was a server that got shut down a few years ago (can't remember if it was stormfall or total domination), and they gave the players like a month warning.  So I doubt we're going to just log on one day and find our stuff gone, Plarium will let us know well in advance if they plan on shutting things down.  
Nov 4, 2017, 06:2411/04/17
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

There was a server that got shut down a few years ago (can't remember if it was stormfall or total domination), and they gave the players like a month warning.  So I doubt we're going to just log on one day and find our stuff gone, Plarium will let us know well in advance if they plan on shutting things down.  

A month warning is not very long time though. If they keep tell us for over a year or more that they got plans to do this and that with the game. and then suddenly give up a months warning before they shut down the server. yeah well. BURN!

Nov 4, 2017, 07:3911/04/17
03/01/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

Jaywalker SC said:

Hello.

> Why is it that you cannot see what troops are in an incoming attack, even when they are minutes away?

Notifying a player about the upcoming attack is already an advantage. 

I was talking about the lack of logic.  Its odd that in this fantasy world, our sentries are unable to tell the difference between a single pathfinder and an army of over 30k dragons, even when they are only seconds away.  In real life, if sentries were that incompetent, they'd be fired.

Knowing an attack is coming isn't that big of an advantage, in fact, attackers can exploit it to their advantage.  This game favors offense units and attackers so much it isn't even funny.
Nov 4, 2017, 11:2311/04/17
09/12/15
agree. best defense is no defense.
Nov 5, 2017, 23:5011/05/17
Nov 6, 2017, 00:08(edited)
12/13/14

BiohazarD said:

It was on Kongregate, and plarium DID shut it down with no warning

3 days before shutdown we were told they had 'no plans' to pull the plug

Kong forced them to re-open for 30 days otherwise they would be in breach of contract

They did the same thing to Google+ and Yahoo players on the facebook servers

and many Kabam players were unable to transfer their castles to plarium Farwol server, so many accounts were lost forever, after CM told us they were not shutting down too - https://prnt.sc/4kzyzj

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/12-kongregate-multiplayer-games/topics/436413-pirates-tides-of-fortune-shutdown

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.