BEACON's are now the HAMLET's of this game

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Nov 1, 2017, 09:1411/01/17
05/30/14

Hello All,

I am aiming my point of view at PLARIUM game developers.

I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s and only those with MASSIVE defence will hold a level 5 beacon.

Obviously this is not good for ALL the other leagues that do not have MASSIVE defence.

So in my eyes the BEACON's will become like HAMLET's a pointless part of the game.

I therefore ask the developers to rethink how BEACON's can be a BIG part of the game once again.

Over to you PLARIUM developers and make your owners happy in resolving this issue

DoomieUK

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 1, 2017, 10:3511/01/17
02/29/16

DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s and only those with MASSIVE defence will hold a level 5 beacon.

Obviously this is not good for ALL the other leagues that do not have MASSIVE defence.

So in my eyes the BEACON's will become like HAMLET's a pointless part of the game.

I therefore ask the developers to rethink how BEACON's can be a BIG part of the game once again.

Over to you PLARIUM developers and make your owners happy in resolving this issue

DoomieUK

Hello.

> I have been informed that BEACON's will become just level 1s

Where did you get this information?

Nov 1, 2017, 13:2811/01/17
03/20/14

Alina Phoenix said:

DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

DoomieUK

Hello.

Probably from the actual people who play this game, and not the staff who play on a employees server where the reality of real game play cannot be replicated so in their eyes it didnt happen.

Nov 1, 2017, 14:0411/01/17
Nov 1, 2017, 14:07(edited)
05/30/14

Hi Alina,

I know that some accounts have agents attached to them and I don't know why this information is not being fed back to the developers.

But read my previous letter and make your response to the developers...otherwise GAME OVER

Stewart thanks for this friend. let hope there is a response from the developers

DoomieUK

Nov 1, 2017, 15:1911/01/17
Nov 1, 2017, 19:10(edited)
11/27/14

LVL1 :)) I see more Balur on the map !

How can u keep a beacon when are HUGE coiners with 8bil off  ???

Hey , Oberon !

Upgrade your beacons man :))
Nov 1, 2017, 15:5111/01/17
07/25/15

Working as intended, you just have to open your wallets to take part  or you can chose NOT to, its optional... right Plarium?
Nov 1, 2017, 23:0511/01/17
08/03/14

the beacons are optional. you dont have to participate if the coiners are to hard to beat.

The BGs are optional, you dont have to participate if you arent getting your rewards

the hamlets are optional, you dont have to participate if you keep getting killed in them. 

sieges are optional, you dont have to participate if you cant hold them. 

defending a castle is optional, You dont have to participate if the game is unbalanced towards offense.

Thank god we have the dragon battles, or we'd have nothing to do!!!!!
Nov 1, 2017, 23:0711/01/17
Nov 1, 2017, 23:07(edited)
08/03/14

Stewart said:

Probably from the actual people who play this game, and not the staff who play on a employees server where the reality of real game play cannot be replicated so in their eyes it didnt happen.

this right here..... 

is the one thing that no community manager in the history of plarium has been able to grasp.  They think that because they play on a beta server they understand how the game works and what the upgrades are doing to the game. 

I almost wish they played the paid servers so that they could REALLy see whats happening and why we complain about the updates and game changes and not just read about it here and give us canned answers. 
Nov 1, 2017, 23:1111/01/17
08/03/14

Alina Phoenix said:

DoomieUK

Hello.

well... on the server where we play, there are hammers with 8-10billion offensive hammers.   the amount of money it would take to defend against that is INSANE and you'd have to keep buying it over and over and over as there are more than one hammer. 

of course, i doubt theres anything like on the dev servers.  im sure all the mechanics work out in  your evenly numbered armies.    

Nov 2, 2017, 01:0311/02/17
07/11/13

The game is evolving and the next 6 months will be an interesting time here that will either make or break Stormfall..

Plarium needs to let the "turnover" rate happen and work towards putting out updates that are not "coining" updates, but that actually add game features or fix current problems with game features.

The lack of level 5s on the map will help to balance the server within a few months.
Nov 2, 2017, 05:0811/02/17
07/25/15
Skycooldude said:

The game is evolving and the next 6 months will be an interesting time here that will either make or break Stormfall..

Plarium needs to let the "turnover" rate happen and work towards putting out updates that are not "coining" updates, but that actually add game features or fix current problems with game features.

The lack of level 5s on the map will help to balance the server within a few months.

Only thing that really would help would to set a force limit on how much you can send to a beacon to even it out vs how much can defend it. So rather than send one giant hammer, they would have to send it in waves. Tearing down the defence, but at same time it would eat into the attacker more too.
BiohazarDModerator
Nov 2, 2017, 05:3611/02/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Skycooldude said:

Only thing that really would help would to set a force limit on how much you can send to a beacon to even it out vs how much can defend it. So rather than send one giant hammer, they would have to send it in waves. Tearing down the defence, but at same time it would eat into the attacker more too.
Agreed, that's the only solution I can see to these massive hammers that can currently pretty much clear off the entire beacon map any time they choose for minimal losses.  
Nov 2, 2017, 07:2411/02/17
12/18/14

there isn't much reason to log in anymore to be honest

a perfectly good game has been ruined with all the changes that have happened in the past 18 months or so
Nov 2, 2017, 09:0411/02/17
08/03/14

playing plarium with hammers is like play chess with a toddler. 

once you have all your pieces in places he takes his arm and wipes everything off the board. 

thats the beacon game in a nutshell at this point. 
Nov 2, 2017, 09:1511/02/17
09/29/16
Alina Phoenix said:

DoomieUK said:

Hello All,

DoomieUK

Hello.

Nov 2, 2017, 09:2411/02/17
09/29/16

My first time to post in a forum (hopefully I got it right), but I could not resist myself. Does CM really see what we do?

In reply; I looked at the map and saw it clear as.....

CM, we need force limits on beacon hits. It has been said, and repeated. I say it one more time.

And this one is going to be HUGELY unpopular. But ..

How the holy Oberron can you sustain an army without adequate food? Zombie armies?

Nov 2, 2017, 09:2511/02/17
09/29/16

jsnjsntw said:

My first time to post in a forum (hopefully I got it right), but I could not resist myself. Does CM really see what we do?

In reply; I looked at the map and saw it clear as.....

CM, we need force limits on beacon hits. It has been said, and repeated. I say it one more time.

And this one is going to be HUGELY unpopular. But ..

How the holy Oberron can you sustain an army without adequate food? Zombie armies?

Obviously, I did not get the forum thing right, but will go figure it out. lol

Jaywalker SC

Nov 2, 2017, 10:3411/02/17
02/29/16

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Skycooldude said:

Agreed, that's the only solution I can see to these massive hammers that can currently pretty much clear off the entire beacon map any time they choose for minimal losses.  

Hello.

I know that adding a force limit to the Beacons will make them easier to keep. That's why I forwarded this suggestion to devs.

They said that they'll think about it and let me know once any decision is taken.

I can't speed up this process, but once I have any news I'll let you know.

Nov 2, 2017, 10:3811/02/17
02/29/16

DoomieUK said:

Hi Alina,

I know that some accounts have agents attached to them and I don't know why this information is not being fed back to the developers.

But read my previous letter and make your response to the developers...otherwise GAME OVER

Stewart thanks for this friend. let hope there is a response from the developers

DoomieUK

Hello.

This information has been forwarded to devs already. I know that it's difficult to hold Beacon now and one of the reasons is the absence of the attack limit.

The response from developers is that they'll think about adding this limit and they'll let me know once this decision is made.

Nov 2, 2017, 11:2511/02/17
09/29/16

CM, what about the issue of sustainable food resources for huge armies that do not seem to need to eat anything?

What is the point of having troop Food Consumption rates that DO NOT APPLY even when you cannot feed your massive armies? 

(or maybe everyone can just move to my location ... plenty food here.)
Nov 2, 2017, 17:1011/02/17
Nov 2, 2017, 17:30(edited)
12/13/14

Jaywalker SC said:

CM, what about the issue of sustainable food resources for huge armies that do not seem to need to eat anything?

What is the point of having troop Food Consumption rates that DO NOT APPLY even when you cannot feed your massive armies? 

(or maybe everyone can just move to my location ... plenty food here.)

Removing food limits was what got us into this mess in the first place, combined with a lack of workable force limits it has destroyed the entire game for most 'normal' players

they even removed the attack limits on Hamlets - Hopeless

but the biggest problem is burried within the zero-loss combat algorithm, which drives these massive attacks

Attackers would not be quite so gung-ho if they expected one-for-one losses every time

Defenders behind fortifications using missile weapons should destroy half of the attacking army before they even reached the walls

Remember The Alamo

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.