So what next?

58 Replies
djmoody
25 October, 2017, 5:18 PM UTC

Now the beacon game is dead, what next for gameplay / enjoyment?

Comments are from observing server 1 but I expect they hold for quite a few other servers and other versions of the game such as TD.

We warned against the imbalance of pay to win coining (over 2yrs ago) 

We warned against the imbalance between offence and defense (well over a year ago)

We warned against the impact of beacon carnage (before it came out)

Virtually no beacons left. 

All hail to Balur (the fun content we added to highlight/warn of the the coming end of the beacon game).

All in for castle Waring behind level 10 walls?

Maybe we could play BG.... oh they are made to be loss making.

Is there actually anything to do in the game now (apart from ways to spend sapphires)?

Answer can be sent to [email protected], or simply post here.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
25 October, 2017, 6:36 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Comments are from observing server 1 but I expect they hold for quite a few other servers and other versions of the game such as TD.

We warned against the imbalance between offence and defense (well over a year ago)

All hail to Balur (the fun content we added to highlight/warn of the the coming end of the beacon game).

Is there actually anything to do in the game now (apart from ways to spend sapphires)?

TD actually isn't doing too bad on beacons, they aren't all held but any league with decent players that wants a beacon can hold one (or more).  I think the main reason for this is the 100k force limit on beacon attacks.  

But yes, it's starting to look like siding with Balur was a good plan as he owns most of the beacons now :P
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
djmoody
25 October, 2017, 8:47 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:

I think the main reason for this is the 100k force limit on beacon attacks.

Absolutely needed in Stormfall. 

Plarium how long before we can get that? Might just save a server or 2 from death if you are quick enough.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
Gadheras
25 October, 2017, 8:47 PM UTC
BiohazarD said:

djmoody said:

TD actually isn't doing too bad on beacons, they aren't all held but any league with decent players that wants a beacon can hold one (or more).  I think the main reason for this is the 100k force limit on beacon attacks.  

But yes, it's starting to look like siding with Balur was a good plan as he owns most of the beacons now :P
Just make Oberons castle attack'able Im sure Plarium would get the idea.
UTC +2:00
Knightmare
26 October, 2017, 1:06 AM UTC

Well Beacon game will turn into fort game.

But I think plarium is intent on killing off beacons as it is, after all why have two beacon massacres events less than two weeks apart? We had grabbed one after the last event, only to lose it after long handing it to level 5 when the next event hit. for no other reason than two leagues having a pissing match between each other we were not involved in. but hey that is the risk of being little fish and we had fun and learned a few lessons.

Looking at the current line up of "epic" events to hit. I foretell a ton of damage that will go down this month. This thread is about beacons, but trust int he fact that the next to go down is the fort game, since that is peoples main focus now. Where ever people will spend that coin is where the next focus on "epicness" will start.

I would expect a "fort massacre game" coming soon. Where there are no force limits.

UTC +7:00
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
26 October, 2017, 7:56 AM UTC

djmoody said:

BiohazarD said:

I think the main reason for this is the 100k force limit on beacon attacks.

Absolutely needed in Stormfall. 

Plarium how long before we can get that? Might just save a server or 2 from death if you are quick enough.

Hello.

I already forwarded to devs the request to consider adding attack limits for Beacons.

They said that they will think about it and let me know once any decision on this question is made.

I'll keep you updated as well ;)
Community Manager
BiohazarD
26 October, 2017, 9:06 AM UTC
Knightmare said:

But I think plarium is intent on killing off beacons as it is, after all why have two beacon massacres events less than two weeks apart? We had grabbed one after the last event, only to lose it after long handing it to level 5 when the next event hit. for no other reason than two leagues having a pissing match between each other we were not involved in. but hey that is the risk of being little fish and we had fun and learned a few lessons.

Looking at the current line up of "epic" events to hit. I foretell a ton of damage that will go down this month. This thread is about beacons, but trust int he fact that the next to go down is the fort game, since that is peoples main focus now. Where ever people will spend that coin is where the next focus on "epicness" will start.

I would expect a "fort massacre game" coming soon. Where there are no force limits.

Yep, fortresses are currently much more defendable than beacons because you can "only" send about a billion offense at even a level 20 fortress due to the force limit.  I don't see them taking the force limits off fortresses, as it would probably make too many people quit after their leagues fortress got downgraded unexpectedly.  
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
Snowgoon
26 October, 2017, 1:34 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:

Yep, fortresses are currently much more defendable than beacons because you can "only" send about a billion offense at even a level 20 fortress due to the force limit.  I don't see them taking the force limits off fortresses, as it would probably make too many people quit after their leagues fortress got downgraded unexpectedly.  

Level 20 Forts have 500,000 Force Limit, which means they can be attacked by an infinite number of Ice Dragons supported by 250,000 Eldrich Dagons

Is that a billion offense then? LOL

and what difference would Raid v Siege Mechanics and +50% offense booster etc make?

Anyone else find it a bit odd that level 2 castles get 250,000 force limit protection? Why is it set so high?
Who needs to send 125,000 Eldrich Dragons against a level 2 castle?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
Knightmare
26 October, 2017, 1:39 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:

Knightmare said:

Well there will be epic battles. and lots of revival coin being spent. That is all that matters.

Not much different than the beacon game, just send in softners.

That's my prediction. Fort Massacres.

UTC +7:00
BiohazarD
26 October, 2017, 9:46 PM UTC

Snowgoon said:

BiohazarD said:

Level 20 Forts have 500,000 Force Limit, which means they can be attacked by an infinite number of Ice Dragons supported by 250,000 Eldrich Dagons

Is that a billion offense then? LOL

and what difference would Raid v Siege Mechanics and +50% offense booster etc make?

Anyone else find it a bit odd that level 2 castles get 250,000 force limit protection? Why is it set so high?
Who needs to send 125,000 Eldrich Dragons against a level 2 castle?

I haven't seen anybody with many ice dragons or that many eldrich, but I suppose it's possible.  

I miss when hqs used raid mechanic though, that was fun.  
roadstar Pitbull
27 October, 2017, 12:09 AM UTC

djmoody said:

Can't really answer, but can add to the frustration.

Tournaments and massacres that are becoming about as exciting as the daily rewards program. (and are appearing almost as frequently.)

How about even just ONCE, run a true tournament,, for ANYTHING...
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
27 October, 2017, 10:06 AM UTC

roadstar Pitbull said:

djmoody said:

Can't really answer, but can add to the frustration.

Tournaments and massacres that are becoming about as exciting as the daily rewards program. (and are appearing almost as frequently.)

How about even just ONCE, run a true tournament,, for ANYTHING...

What are your ideas for a "true tournament"? 

As many details as possible are appreciated ;)
Community Manager
roadstar Pitbull
27 October, 2017, 9:33 PM UTC

Alina Phoenix said:

You don't get out much, huh??

Example based on your current set up. You DO NOT run 4 levels at the same times.

Round 1 = entire server

Round 2 = top 500 from round 1.

Round 3 = top 250 from round 2.

Round 4 = top 50 from round 3.

Each round doubles rewards from previous, and each round must end for the next to start. Also reward reward top 3 in each round but all starting in round 2 are rewarded minimal just for participating. 

Plarium's current set up is very scewed, depending on timing and level of play it is possible to dominate 3 tournaments in one shot.
BiohazarD
27 October, 2017, 10:23 PM UTC
roadstar Pitbull said:

Alina Phoenix said:

You don't get out much, huh??

Example based on your current set up. You DO NOT run 4 levels at the same times.

Round 1 = entire server

Round 2 = top 500 from round 1.

Round 3 = top 250 from round 2.

Round 4 = top 50 from round 3.

Each round doubles rewards from previous, and each round must end for the next to start. Also reward reward top 3 in each round but all starting in round 2 are rewarded minimal just for participating. 

Plarium's current set up is very scewed, depending on timing and level of play it is possible to dominate 3 tournaments in one shot.
I think that's the idea.  The rewards from each tournament aren't very good, so you have to time your activity right in order to get rewards from multiple overlapping tournaments.  
roadstar Pitbull
27 October, 2017, 10:31 PM UTC

Awe, come on rewards with the effort, not happening here, for sure.

But yes, it is the only way currently to make it even worth thinking of trying....
IronApex Turok
28 October, 2017, 5:11 AM UTC
if there is a fortress massacre there will be a mass exodus from the game. most high level fortresses were bought with real money, not in game currency. 
Gadheras
28 October, 2017, 9:28 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

if there is a fortress massacre there will be a mass exodus from the game. most high level fortresses were bought with real money, not in game currency. 
Could be they thinking stupid once, then stupid twice...
IronApex Turok
28 October, 2017, 3:27 PM UTC
Gadheras said:

IronApex Turok said:

Could be they thinking stupid once, then stupid twice...
"We need to kill off stormfall....hmm..whats the best way to drive off all the customer?"
IronApex Turok
28 October, 2017, 8:56 PM UTC

Here is  your fortress killer. 

food consumption versus offensive power is rediculously unbalanced. 

and to top it off, you can only buy them. they cant be built.  So those handful of coiners will be able to buy an army to knock over a fortress. 

tissetass
28 October, 2017, 9:12 PM UTC

The Beacon massacre needs to bee removed or the game will die. With out beacons there will bee no fun in the game for offensive players. Very silly of leagues killing off all beacons in the game during the massacre, my own league is guilty in this as well., not so mush now but in the past. It is a bit up to the big leagues as well to keep this game running the way we want it. So use your brains and dont go crazy on the BMs. 

1756763 users registered; 45889 topics; 279532 posts; our newest member:Little Dredd