All Categories

Create a list of the RULES, please

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 23, 2017, 11:2410/23/17
11/04/16

In Stormfall : Age of war, there is one ultimate truth.

In Stormfall, THERE ARE NO RULES, AND THEY ARE CHANGING ANYTIME.

What do I mean "there are no rules" ?

- no explications : in the developement race, we are supposed to earn 1 point for each 10 minutes spent but... does it work for every building and for every lost arts ? Nobody knows.

- how much points are needed to get a noble, royal or divine relic ? Nobody knows. Is there any daily or weekly limit ? I hope there isn't, but... how can I be sure ?

- how do BGs work ? Nobody knows.

- how are fights calculated ? Nobody knows. There is one simulator, very imprecise, which make me lose a lot of legendary units in BGs, and nothing more.

What do I mean "they are changing anytime" ?

- brutal changes : "From now on, when you have less Food than your Units require, they shall no longer die or desert you". I came back on Stormfall one year ago, and I just found out that huge update.

My suggestion is : please, create a list of the rules. And stick it, and apply the updates to it.

I am so sad that I spent one year thinking units could be dismissed while they couldn't.

Please, prevent people from being as sad as me. Please, prevent that kind of problems.

In conclusion, playing Stormfall is such a hard work ! After playing Stormfall, I am so exhausted and so out of print. Woaw ! That's awesome. Plarium uses to say "the most you play, the most it's normal you pay". But... hey... after playing this game I am tired for a week.

Give us the rules of this game. And we will play more, and we will play with more fun, and we will pay more. Seriously, the game is good. I like this game. But I want precise rules which are not changing regularly.

Thanks for reading.

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 23, 2017, 11:4310/23/17
Oct 23, 2017, 11:43(edited)
08/30/17

Erwan said:

In Stormfall : Age of war, there is one ultimate truth.

In Stormfall, THERE ARE NO RULES, AND THEY ARE CHANGING ANYTIME.

What do I mean "there are no rules" ?

- no explications : in the developement race, we are supposed to earn 1 point for each 10 minutes spent but... does it work for every building and for every lost arts ? Nobody knows.

- how much points are needed to get a noble, royal or divine relic ? Nobody knows. Is there any daily or weekly limit ? I hope there isn't, but... how can I be sure ?

- how do BGs work ? Nobody knows.

- how are fights calculated ? Nobody knows. There is one simulator, very imprecise, which make me lose a lot of legendary units in BGs, and nothing more.

What do I mean "they are changing anytime" ?

- brutal changes : "From now on, when you have less Food than your Units require, they shall no longer die or desert you". I came back on Stormfall one year ago, and I just found out that huge update.

My suggestion is : please, create a list of the rules. And stick it, and apply the updates to it.

I am so sad that I spent one year thinking units could be dismissed while they couldn't.

Please, prevent people from being as sad as me. Please, prevent that kind of problems.

In conclusion, playing Stormfall is such a hard work ! After playing Stormfall, I am so exhausted and so out of print. Woaw ! That's awesome.

Thanks for reading.

Hi lord Erwan!

Everytime a rule is changed is updated automatically in "Guide"...

There you'll find the rules and help you to make an idea about what you have to do with that item or operation in the game. But as you already know any game have many mechanics and what you are asking for is about these mechanics... These can be known only with gaining experience in the game and playing it. Any developer will give you a solution but won't say the mechanic which is in the back of that solution. In a game this make it more interesting, player must play it, must gain experience and will begin to know about how is working. Also, in the last time many updated came in the game from the feedback of the players to make it more nice to play.

Hope you'll understand what I wanted to say and you'll enjoy the game further...

Best regards!

Bogdan
Oct 23, 2017, 11:4610/23/17
11/04/16

I know there is a guide.

All I want is a topic with major changes.

Oct 23, 2017, 12:0510/23/17
Oct 23, 2017, 12:10(edited)
04/10/15

Lord Erwan

i will try to answer your doubts as far as i know

in the developement race, we are supposed to earn 1 point for each 10 minutes spent but... does it work for every building and for every lost arts ? 

Its so, ususally development tournaments requires to finish inside the time given the updating of a build or discovering a lost arts. sometimes last days there is other type of tournaments that also give u points upgrading taks at obelisk but the usual is the first. So this mean if u inside the tournament finish an upgrade of a building that requires 1 hour you get 6 tournaments points. also about discovering lost arts. this works for all the upgrading buildings and lost arts u finish inside the tournament time.

how much points are needed to get a noble, royal or divine relic ? Nobody knows. Is there any daily or weekly limit ?

you dont need points to get any relic....relics are given in 2 different ways. as first way u can get ramdonly a relic, attacking castles, beacons and setts and hamlets and killing troops, but is ramdonly. in this same way u also can get a relic, sieging castles and raiding castles or spying them.

the second way u can is taking a relic settlement and keep it as log as possible. every kind of relic settlements can give you a different relic type depending of its kind. so for this u have to keep it during a long time as the moment it works by probabilities. you have to keep it at least 1 hour and then u are able to try to find a relic, in this first hour u receive a 4% of probabilitie to find one relic and this percentage is increased every x mins. so what lords do is to try to keep it without clicking on find relic till this percentage reaches the 100% or near it.

how are fights calculated ?

the exacts formulas used to calculated it are confindential and are not revelated. so the clues we have are from people observation and we can use a couple of formulas that can help us to guess the looses in a fight pretty near of as really they work. you can find a lot of post on tutorials section about this calculations.

how do BGs work

the same. real formulas and real algorithm about bg working are confidentials and are not revelated. so we the users try to find some similar to work. you can find a lot of post on tutorials section about this, and also reading bg post on game discussions.

hope this all can solve ur doubts, we all try to answer the best we can to all user doubts so feel fre to continue asking whatever u dont understand

good haunting and regards

Ps: the real point of this game is to try to find all the esence of it, this takes a lot of work about creating spread sheets and programs to keep tracing the raidings and the bgs mechanism. i consider this sometimes even an extra entertaiment of this game

Oct 23, 2017, 12:4610/23/17
11/04/16

Juglar del Viento said:

you dont need points to get any relic....relics are given in 2 different ways. as first way u can get ramdonly a relic, attacking castles, beacons and setts and hamlets and killing troops, but is ramdonly. in this same way u also can get a relic, sieging castles and raiding castles or spying them.

Woaw... ok.

So... if I send a lot of siege with one only archers, I could get the Ulrich's blade relic ??

Never heard of such a thing.
Oct 23, 2017, 13:0210/23/17
04/10/15

Erwan said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Woaw... ok.

So... if I send a lot of siege with one only archers, I could get the Ulrich's blade relic ??

Lord Erwan

its supposed you can but the probabilty of getting such relic in such way is pretty remote. in fact for example me, sending arround 10.000 sieges in a week for the weekly siege tournament  i got only 2 or 3 common relics and totally unusefull.

hope u can get better luck if you try 

Regards
Oct 24, 2017, 00:3210/24/17
08/03/14
also... everything you have learned in this thread will be outdated by next month. 
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 24, 2017, 01:2310/24/17
10/04/13
Erwan said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Woaw... ok.

It's theoretically possible, but not very likely.  
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 24, 2017, 01:2710/24/17
10/04/13
Erwan said:

I know there is a guide.

All I want is a topic with major changes.

Some games publish a change log whenever they do any updates.  Plarium doesn't, they'd rather players work to figure it out themselves.  There are benefits and drawbacks to that approach I suppose. 
Oct 24, 2017, 10:1310/24/17
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

The reply on this post was given here
Oct 24, 2017, 10:1810/24/17
02/29/16

djmoody said:

Back onto your main point......

There are events and elements of game play that simply should have more explanation. New stuff gets launched without half the info that should come with it.

They should fix this but they won't because it takes time and effort and they have limited resources and so don't have the time and definitely don't have the motivation to put effort into making this a good or well run game.

On the other some of what you ask for, BG mechanics, fight mechanics, these are hidden and intentionally hidden. If you watch fights, collect data you will be able to work out how fights work. There are limited areas where player skill can still effect this Pay to Win travesty of a game, putting those out there is just a charter for the dumb to prosper and this is supposed to be a strategy game, with some element of player skill. 

Hello.

When the new features are added to the game, we give the description of them and all basic information that is required for a player to understand the general principles of the work of these features.

All nuances players should get on their own from their experience. You're welcome to discuss the questions you have regarding this or that feature with other players on Forum.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.