beacon influence points

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 6, 2017, 13:0910/06/17
Oct 6, 2017, 13:22(edited)
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

First of all, I would like to remind you that all our games are different games.

Yes, the mechanics can be similar, but they have different features and different limitations.

It's a Stormfall Forum, so let's speak about Stormfall.

The territory doesn't depend on the location of your Beacon. It doesn't matter whether it's located in the middle of the map or on its edge.

What matters is how far away from each other your Beacons are located and their level.

For example, if one League has several Beacons near each other, and your Beacon is located near this concentration of other League Beacons, the Beacons of this League will have more territory than your Beacon.

Oct 6, 2017, 16:0410/06/17
12/18/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

First of all, I would like to remind you that all our games are different games.

Yes, the mechanics can be similar, but they have different features and different limitations.

The territory doesn't depend on the location of your Beacon. It doesn't matter whether it's located in the middle of the map or on its edge.

What matters is how far away from each other your Beacons are located and their level.

For example, if one League has several Beacons near each other, and your Beacon is located near this concentration of other League Beacons, the Beacons of this League will have more territory than your Beacon.

Alina I am sorry but you need to check my response here https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/77227_beacon-influence-points/?post=397570

how do you explain the difference in influence and territory?  At the time of posting all leagues were single beacon leagues and their influence and territory was different for all 3 the only factor that was apparent that could affect these things was the location of the beacons.

Edge beacons also provide more influence and more territory as noted on my response previous to the one posted above.

Some of the information you provide is correct but not all - more specifically the highlighted sentence in your response.

Oct 6, 2017, 16:5110/06/17
Oct 6, 2017, 17:16(edited)
11/04/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Told you so!   hehe

Toggit said

The only reason high ranking league want to capture the new beacons is because they believe that outer beacons control more territory, but this has never been officially confirmed. It is probably an urban myth. If you disagree with this then show us the proof. Show us the screenshots

After all these years I have finally been proved right 

The colors on the map perimeter were only there to fool you so you destroy millions of units making plarium rich
If your beacon is fully surrounded by enemy beacons then your influence may be affected, but that is yet to be proved
Allied beacons may have less effect or none

We had this discussion on facebook community pages a long time ago but could never get plarium to tell us the truth

Soooooooooooo much misinformation on this forum, which is why I have never believed a word of it

VICTORY is mine, and the rest of you owe me a huge debt of gratitude hahaha

Oct 6, 2017, 18:4710/06/17
08/03/14
i think you guys are confusing influence and territory. 
Oct 6, 2017, 19:3510/06/17
12/18/14
IronApex Turok said:

i think you guys are confusing influence and territory. 
I included both influence and territory in my examples with screenshots which proves beacon location DOES have something to do with both the amount of territory and influence you get from them
Oct 6, 2017, 19:3710/06/17
12/18/14
toggit said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Told you so!   hehe

Toggit said

The only reason high ranking league want to capture the new beacons is because they believe that outer beacons control more territory, but this has never been officially confirmed. It is probably an urban myth. If you disagree with this then show us the proof. Show us the screenshots

The colors on the map perimeter were only there to fool you so you destroy millions of units making plarium rich
If your beacon is fully surrounded by enemy beacons then your influence may be affected, but that is yet to be proved

We had this discussion on facebook community pages a long time ago but could never get plarium to tell us the truth

Soooooooooooo much misinformation on this forum, which is why I have never believed a word of it

i beg to differ you can read the response but its not correct IMO - and my opinion has yet to be proven wrong with supporting screenshots as I have provided proof with mine.
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 7, 2017, 00:1110/07/17
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

toggit said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Told you so!   hehe

Toggit said

i beg to differ you can read the response but its not correct IMO - and my opinion has yet to be proven wrong with supporting screenshots as I have provided proof with mine.
It's ok, just let them hold inside beacons instead if that's what they want :)
Oct 9, 2017, 10:3310/09/17
02/29/16

Jezebel said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

Alina I am sorry but you need to check my response here https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/77227_beacon-influence-points/?post=397570

how do you explain the difference in influence and territory?  At the time of posting all leagues were single beacon leagues and their influence and territory was different for all 3 the only factor that was apparent that could affect these things was the location of the beacons.

Edge beacons also provide more influence and more territory as noted on my response previous to the one posted above.

Some of the information you provide is correct but not all - more specifically the highlighted sentence in your response.

Hello.

Yes, there is an advantage of holding a Beacon on the edge of the Map, but the advantage is that in this case your Beacon is not surrounded by Beacons of other Leagues as it could be in the middle of the Map. Correspondingly, the Beacon gives you more territory.

> The territory doesn't depend on the location of your Beacon. It doesn't matter whether it's located in the middle of the map or on its edge.

I meant that graphically it doesn't matter whether your Beacon is in the middle or on the edge. The main factors are how much your Beacon is surrounded by Beacons of other Leagues and what Level od these Beacons are.

Oct 9, 2017, 10:4110/09/17
10/31/14

Some comparison

Lord of the BR hold 2 beacon. They are both next to each other one is a corner beacon.

Both are level 5. They have  527 500 influence pint for a.

The roster shows that BR hold 5.3 K mils, which is a round out of the influence point.

The map also shows that BR control 5.3 mils of territory in the map. Not influence points, but territory. 

So we can assume that the amount of influenced points for help territory is equal to the amount of controlled territory. 

IF that is the case

it will mean that every beacon that BR control contribute 50% of the influence point. Which will be 263 750 per beacon. 

as we can see  GH control more beacon than BR. their beacon are next to each other.

So they should control 8 X 263 750 approximately 2 mil. But they only control 3.7 mills. 

But they don't, why. 

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 10, 2017, 07:1210/10/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Some comparison

Lord of the BR hold 2 beacon. They are both next to each other one is a corner beacon.

Both are level 5. They have  527 500 influence pint for a.

The roster shows that BR hold 5.3 K mils, which is a round out of the influence point.

The map also shows that BR control 5.3 mils of territory in the map. Not influence points, but territory. 

So we can assume that the amount of influenced points for help territory is equal to the amount of controlled territory. 

IF that is the case

it will mean that every beacon that BR control contribute 50% of the influence point. Which will be 263 750 per beacon. 

as we can see  GH control more beacon than BR. their beacon are next to each other.

So they should control 8 X 263 750 approximately 2 mil. But they only control 3.7 mills. 

But they don't, why. 

Their beacons are right next to the beacons of other leagues, so their area is compressed.  That's kind of the point of this thread I thought....
Oct 10, 2017, 15:4710/10/17
10/31/14

BiohazarD said

Their beacons are right next to the beacons of other leagues, so their area is compressed.  That's kind of the point of this thread I thought....

The post was not finished. I pasted some maths for calculating each beacon influence points per interaction in the sorrounding. It must have not been recognized text. 

but is easy maths and any 160 member league could independently find the formula. So I am no longer pasting it

Oct 10, 2017, 16:3210/10/17
Oct 10, 2017, 16:42(edited)
11/04/15

Oracle said:

BiohazarD said

The post was not finished. I pasted some maths for calculating each beacon influence points per interaction in the sorrounding. It must have not been recognized text. 

"IF that is the case

it will mean that every beacon that BR control contribute 50% of the influence point. Which will be 263 750 per beacon. "

BR Beacons do not contribute 50% each because one of them has a level 5 beacon as a neighbor which reduces its influence and range

http://prntscr.com/gvpece

Any level 5 beacons will have reduced influence unless they have either no neigbors or balur as neighbors
It makes no difference where these beacons are on the map

Oct 10, 2017, 16:5610/10/17
Oct 10, 2017, 16:58(edited)
10/31/14

toggit said:

"IF that is the case

it will mean that every beacon that BR control contribute 50% of the influence point. Which will be 263 750 per beacon. "

BR Beacons do not contribute 50% each because one of them has a level 5 beacon as a neighbor which reduces its influence and range

http://prntscr.com/gvpece

Any level 5 beacons will have reduced influence unless they have either no neigbors or balur as neighbors
It makes no difference where these beacons are on the map

You're very correct. The surroundings  that a beacon is in affect its overall territory. Its not necessary location of a beacon that count more but the surrounding. 

There more ''negative'" interaction a beacon have, like being next to enemy league, the less its overall territory and thus influence points. But each beacon level contribute the exact amount of points, is just that when calculating territory points gets reduced when the surrounding gets accounted for. 

With so many factors taken into account I understand why people think a corner beacon contribute more initial influence points than an inner beacon of the same level. 

The initial influence points for each level is the same, but the territory that each beacon earn is not the same as is dependent on the surrounding. 

Location and surrounding each have an effect. But the surrounding largely effect the beacon overall territory and not location. 

If there was to be 1 league holding 1 beacon out of 100, while the others are held by bular. That league will have 100% territory. No matter what location the beacon is in or what level it it. Their terrotory will increase when they level up their beacon. And decrease when another league hold a beacon arround theirs. 

Oct 10, 2017, 17:2310/10/17
Oct 10, 2017, 17:35(edited)
11/04/15

It seems utterly pointless attempting to hold beacons like this one

Only 1250 influence ( 13 square miles) simply because it is surrounded by other level 5 beacons

Plarium need to rethink this, small leages are wasting time and units holding garbage
Even the highly prized edge beacons will be reduced to this after new beacon drops
I submit that no level 5 beacon should ever have less influence than a level 5 fortress

Adding the fortress to the game has made beacons more obsolete than ever

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 10, 2017, 18:3510/10/17
10/04/13
toggit said:

Only 1250 influence ( 13 square miles) simply because it is surrounded by other level 5 beacons

Plarium need to rethink this, small leages are wasting time and units holding garbage
Even the highly prized edge beacons will be reduced to this after new beacon drops
I submit that no level 5 beacon should ever have less influence than a level 5 fortress

Yep, holding a level 20 fortress is equivalent to holding several beacons, and is much easier to defend because of the force limit on attacking it.  
Oct 11, 2017, 09:2410/11/17
02/29/16

toggit said:

Hello.

> Plarium need to rethink this, small leages are wasting time and units holding garbage

Small Leagues can upgrade their Beacons. Also, they can try to capture Beacons of other Leagues that are located near their Beacon extending in such way their territory.

Beacons and League Fortresses complement each other and increase the number of Influence Points you League has.

Taking into account all pros and cons your League gets from holding a Beacon, you can always decide for yourself whether it's worth it or not :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.