The ultimate Battle Ground question

35 Replies
Erwan
24 September, 2017, 8:14 PM UTC

Hello,

As you know, Plarium refuses to precisely explain how BGs work. The only "official" hint we get is the super super mega ultra giga giga old wiki (last update on 20 august 2014) :

https://wiki.plarium.com/index.php?title=Battlegrounds%3A_Tips

So, the ultimate question is : do you trust the wiki, and particularly, do you trust the following part of the wiki ?

Plarium wiki says:

if I do a level 50 battleground, I get 50% of the resources I put into the game, if it was a level 80, I would get 80%, so the higher you go the higher your percentage rewards.

Now, what is your "interpretation" of this ?

if I do a level 150 battleground, I get X % of the resources I put into the game.
X = ?

The second question is : why do people keep saying "keep the BGs low !" ? Are they super mega CRAZY ?!

edit : Lord BiohazarD gets the answer.
https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/74831_the-ultimate-battle-ground-question/?post=392461

UTC +1:00
djmoody
24 September, 2017, 9:53 PM UTC

That is absolute garbage.

You can do your own testing pretty easily to prove it's complete nonsense.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
Erwan
24 September, 2017, 10:06 PM UTC

djmoody said:

Reported for spamming.

Please, no trash talking or you will get your report.
Oracle
25 September, 2017, 8:02 AM UTC

Nonsense, that is absolutely false. 

No way does it even make sense. Trying to explain the inconsistency and fallacy in that theory will do more justice to it that it deserves. 

It even makes me mad reading it. 

On your "mega crazy" question. No in fact those people are very sane, and possibly genius. For reasons I already explained. 

Is better to convert units

Is easy to track your bank ect ect.

Some note

Did you know that Plarium BG engineer adviced low level players ( those below level 50) to play BG below level 11. 

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
25 September, 2017, 8:08 AM UTC

Erwan said:

djmoody said:

Reported for spamming.

lol, I'm sorry I can't report stupid.

He told you the truth, if you don't want to listen that is your problem.
IronApex Turok
25 September, 2017, 8:10 AM UTC
Oracle said:

No way does it even make sense. Trying to explain the inconsistency and fallacy in that theory will do more justice to it that it deserves. 

On your "mega crazy" question. No in fact those people are very sane, and possibly genius. For reasons I already explained. 

Some note

Did you know that Plarium BG engineer adviced low level players ( those below level 50) to play BG below level 11. 

yeah, on BG hot weeks, i can had 100k defense just hitting the low level BGs. i start without about 3k worth of archers, and roll til it gets to 100k or so. 
Erwan
25 September, 2017, 8:20 AM UTC

Oracle said:

Some note

Reported.

Gadheras said:

Erwan said:

djmoody said:

Reported for spamming.

lol, I'm sorry I can't report stupid.

He told you the truth, if you don't want to listen that is your problem.

Reported.

Please, stop spamming my topic as you are wasting my time and you make the topic illegible. I am not stupid, I just did a copy paste of the wiki.

Roftie
25 September, 2017, 8:36 AM UTC

You are spot on!

Keep at it.

You will very soon be the strongest player on the server with that theory.

Have fun and good luck.
Stewart
25 September, 2017, 9:18 AM UTC

it is the official wiki so i believe that it must be correct.

The wiki says how you get bigger pays is to put more res in the bank, AND i have seen Oracle describing and showing pictures about them sending the wrong troops at a battlegrounds on the Russian server to get more into the bank and hence a bigger payout.

Good Luck.
Noodle maker extreme
BiohazarD
25 September, 2017, 9:19 AM UTC

Erwan said:

Hello,

As you know, Plarium refuses to precisely explain how BGs work. The only "official" hint we get is the super super mega ultra giga giga old wiki (last update on 20 august 2014) :

So, the ultimate question is : do you trust the wiki, and particularly, do you trust the following part of the wiki ?

Plarium wiki says:

if I do a level 50 battleground, I get 50% of the resources I put into the game, if it was a level 80, I would get 80%, so the higher you go the higher your percentage rewards.

if I do a level 150 battleground, I get X % of the resources I put into the game.
X = ?

The second question is : why do people keep saying "keep the BGs low !" ? Are they super mega CRAZY ?!

You're kidding right?  I don't know where that idea came from, but it's complete nonsense.  BG level has nothing to do with the % return.  And if it was 1% per level level 180 bgs would give 180% returns and everybody could have a 50 billion army after a few weeks of hitting them...  

The actual return rate is around 95-97% for all battleground levels.  (This doesn't mean you'll always get exactly this amount back on each bg, but over a large number of bgs you will average about this rate).  

The reason people say to keep bgs low is that you start getting class 4 champion items at level 61 bgs.  The chance of getting legendary items doesn't increase with higher levels, but the amount of troops it takes to kill each one does.  So you can farm champion items much more cheaply hitting level 61-80 bgs than you can hitting 160-180s.  

Juglar del Viento
25 September, 2017, 9:47 AM UTC

Lord Erwan

that article of wiki is too obsolete to take care of it. the rest of lords are right when they say is a nosense even more with the last part of that article and the % returned.

you should follow the advices given by these lords cause some of them are very good bg players so they will help you to understand how bgs works.

about the level, my advise is also not to high too much the level and arround level 70 could be nice. the payouts of that levels are nice and not so difficult to return them and as Lord Biohazard said at that levels u can get class 4 for hero items.

so, forgot all u have seen about bgs in that article and catch only the methods u can find on internet as banking. also be adviced that yellowing now is not a so good method as used to be in old times.

hope u can solve all ur doubts

regards
Resistance Is Futile
Oracle
25 September, 2017, 10:04 AM UTC

Stewart said:

The wiki says how you get bigger pays is to put more res in the bank, AND i have seen Oracle describing and showing pictures about them sending the wrong troops at a battlegrounds on the Russian server to get more into the bank and hence a bigger payout.

Good Luck.

She doesn't know. But let me tell her

The person who wrote the wiki has retired, He is gone. The wiki were wrote based on Stormfall that was not even released, e.g meta stormfall age of war. The wiki have not been edited in a very long time, and because they were written by one person with no one moderating what he wrote, they are out of date and false mostly. 

The only thing you should trust in the wiki is how to do a 50K raid. 
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
25 September, 2017, 11:12 AM UTC

Erwan said:

Hello,

Plarium wiki says:

X = ?

Hello.

As you stated in your post, the information in wiki is outdated. It would be better to trust on your own experience in playing BGs and follow the recommendations of some experienced BG players :)
Community Manager
Stewart
25 September, 2017, 11:50 AM UTC
Oracle said:

Stewart said:

Good Luck.

She doesn't know. But let me tell her

The person who wrote the wiki has retired, He is gone. The wiki were wrote based on Stormfall that was not even released, e.g meta stormfall age of war. The wiki have not been edited in a very long time, and because they were written by one person with no one moderating what he wrote, they are out of date and false mostly. 

The only thing you should trust in the wiki is how to do a 50K raid. 
I know for certain that she is wrong, but anyone who disagrees with her gets reported for spam, so i thought that such a delightfull specimin   deserved to mess up bad.
Noodle maker extreme
Erwan
25 September, 2017, 12:04 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:

The actual return rate is around 95-97% for all battleground levels.  (This doesn't mean you'll always get exactly this amount back on each bg, but over a large number of bgs you will average about this rate). 

Hello lord BiohazarD,

Thanks for this very complete answer ! I am sorry for my "nosense", but I was just reading the wiki. You should correct the wiki so that nobody else makes the same mistake as me

I take note of that the actual return rate is around 95-97% for all battleground levels.

Thanks again.

Juglar del Viento said:

that article of wiki is too obsolete to take care of it

Okay, I get it, thanks !

Juglar del Viento said:

you should follow the advices given by these lords cause some of them are very good bg players so they will help you to understand how bgs works.

Sadly, sometimes the advice is bad. Most people have advised me to keep BGs under level 30 as you can see there : https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/74002_questions-about-bg/

djmoody said:

No4. Keep your BG levels low so you can convert troops in them. Lvl 30 will be fine.

Alina Phoenix said:

As you stated in your post, the information in wiki is outdated

I didn't state this, but thanks anyway.

IronApex Turok
25 September, 2017, 4:59 PM UTC

Lord Erwan, 

since you posted outdated info onto the forum, i had to report you for posting outdated info. 

i also had to report you for fasley reporting on other players who denied your outdated info. 

if there is any more of this activity from you ill have to escalate the situation and make a FORMAL report to Lord Oberon. 
Erwan
25 September, 2017, 10:40 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

Lord Erwan, 

since you posted outdated info onto the forum, i had to report you for posting outdated info. 

i also had to report you for fasley reporting on other players who denied your outdated info. 

if there is any more of this activity from you ill have to escalate the situation and make a FORMAL report to Lord Oberon. 
Reported.
Gadheras
26 September, 2017, 1:05 AM UTC

Erwan said:

IronApex Turok said:

Lord Erwan, 

Reported.

I reported you for abusing reporting and wasting peoples time!

You are not really working hard on get friends here are you?

zapelo
26 September, 2017, 1:30 AM UTC
Oracle said:

Some note

This possibly the only post i agree with you. You see you can make a comment that makes sense
BiohazarD
26 September, 2017, 3:47 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

Erwan said:

IronApex Turok said:

Lord Erwan, 

Reported.

I reported you for abusing reporting and wasting peoples time!

You are not really working hard on get friends here are you?

Lol if you're submitting tickets to support to report people you're wasting your time, as far as I know they don't go on the forums or monitor anything that happens here.  You could message Oberon or one of the moderators, but unless somebody violated the forum rules they're not likely to do anything.  
1720110 users registered; 42263 topics; 270446 posts; our newest member:ciprianogardiola