Does VIP status really exist?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 24, 2017, 22:2409/24/17
03/01/15

Gadheras said:

IronApex Turok said:

No, when they claim they didnt get hacked, but player X did get hacked. How can they know the player got hacked? I just dont want to take that as facevalue without explenation how that was done, because or else it put us all at risk to suffer the same right`?
they can see what IPs have logged into which accounts. 

and what does that differ from two users account share?

If I log in from work and log in from home I would have two different IP address shown too. Just because different IPs log into an account doesnt prove it been hacked. Just accessed from different locations.

It depends on the source of the account compromise.  If the actual compromise happened on a 3rd party linked to the acct, such as Google, Facebook, or the email provider, the illegal entry may very well look to Plarium like a legit access to the account.  Multi-factor authentication could help prevent this since the access from an unfamiliar IP or change to the account would need to be verified via a device or alternate account that may not have been compromised.

If the compromise happens on Plarium's end, they should be able to find evidence of the misconduct.  A security breach on Plarium's end is less likely.  I will not say it is impossible.  I will say that in general, most criminals will go after the weakest link.
Sep 25, 2017, 01:2109/25/17
Sep 25, 2017, 01:21(edited)
08/03/14

Gadheras said:

IronApex Turok said:

No, when they claim they didnt get hacked, but player X did get hacked. How can they know the player got hacked? I just dont want to take that as facevalue without explenation how that was done, because or else it put us all at risk to suffer the same right`?

If I log in from work and log in from home I would have two different IP address shown too. Just because different IPs log into an account doesnt prove it been hacked. Just accessed from different locations.

in teh case of BobtheDog, they could tell that his log ins always came from one  place..... and the "hack, crack, intrustion, what ever"  came from australia.....

and BobtheDog never signed in from australia before. 
Sep 25, 2017, 05:3309/25/17
Sep 25, 2017, 05:33(edited)
07/25/15
IronApex Turok said:

Gadheras said:

IronApex Turok said:

in teh case of BobtheDog, they could tell that his log ins always came from one  place..... and the "hack, crack, intrustion, what ever"  came from australia.....

and BobtheDog never signed in from australia before. 
Doesn't mean he couldn't have shared his login details with someone from Australia, it proves just login from 2 different locations, that is all. It doesn't prove hacking. I'm not going to say it didn't happend, it just isn't enough proff it was hacking. If you wan't to play devils advocate, having someone that login to your account from a whole other time zone, make the account cover a lot more ground as whole. 
Sep 25, 2017, 11:3409/25/17
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

Regarding the initial question of this topic: Does VIP status really exist?

The answer is yes. This program exists. It's still being developed, but, unfortunately, I don’t have any exact timeframes for the program’s expansion.

As for the issue with the hacked account, it is being investigated by our Support Team. There is no sense to discuss this situation on the Forum.

That's why this topic is closed.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.