All Categories

Does VIP status really exist?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 22, 2017, 19:0809/22/17
12/12/14

Someone brought this up some time ago and I was just slapped in the face (through my computer screen).  Is there a real thing called "VIP" for some players in the game.  Well... I was reading through a Bug report and looked at the guys posted printscreen and right there was a magenta VIP icon on his chat bar.  It looked like he was chatting directly with support. WTF?

Here's the thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/74102_my-in-game-screen-look-like-glitch/

and the prtscr:https://prnt.sc/go87f1

would love a peek behind the curtain...

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 22, 2017, 19:2209/22/17
12/12/14
Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Crow

yes, the vip program exist and there are some members into it, but not sure if they are still trying to grow it or has been stopped by now.

this program, as far i know, exist in fb  and plarium servers. you can read some about it in some old threads.

you can take a look on this : https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/28120_vip-club/

Regards

Thank you sir for prompt reply.
Sep 22, 2017, 19:2309/22/17
04/10/15
Crow said:

Thank you sir for prompt reply.
You are the most welcome, my Lord
Sep 22, 2017, 19:2909/22/17
08/30/17

Hi!

VIP accounts really exist :-)

VIP accounts are chosen by Plarium after some criterias, one of the benefits of this status is direct access with a Plarium agent...

Another benefits are skins castles and this is how you can indentify them in the game, for example:

Best regards!

Bogdan

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 23, 2017, 01:1209/23/17
10/04/13

Crow said:

Someone brought this up some time ago and I was just slapped in the face (through my computer screen).  Is there a real thing called "VIP" for some players in the game.  Well... I was reading through a Bug report and looked at the guys posted printscreen and right there was a magenta VIP icon on his chat bar.  It looked like he was chatting directly with support. WTF?

Here's the thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/74102_my-in-game-screen-look-like-glitch/

and the prtscr:https://prnt.sc/go87f1

would love a peek behind the curtain...

Yes VIP status exists, and plarium has a special group of support workers that they get to talk to and ask questions about the game.  Yes, they get some free stuff (a few troops, some items, etc.)   Are these benefits significant to people who are already spending hundreds of dollars a month on the game?  Probably not.  

Sep 23, 2017, 01:3409/23/17
03/01/15
Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Crow

yes, the vip program exist and there are some members into it, but not sure if they are still trying to grow it or has been stopped by now.

this program, as far i know, exist in fb  and plarium servers. you can read some about it in some old threads.

you can take a look on this : https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/28120_vip-club/

Regards

I believe they are still growing it.  Frenzie just recently gained VIP status...and then a few days later, her account was hacked.  An interesting coincidence considering that VIP reps are able to access player accounts (back when I was first pulled into the program, I was unable to claim the gift pack they were offering, so the VIP rep logged my account to claim it for me).  I hope it is just a coincidence and not someone with inside access abusing it to sabotage player's accounts.
Sep 23, 2017, 03:3609/23/17
03/20/14
Red said:

An interesting coincidence considering that VIP reps are able to access player accounts (back when I was first pulled into the program, I was unable to claim the gift pack they were offering, so the VIP rep logged my account to claim it for me).  I hope it is just a coincidence and not someone with inside access abusing it to sabotage player's accounts.

That is terrifying when you think of it.
Sep 23, 2017, 09:0309/23/17
08/03/14

Red said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Crow

Regards

I believe they are still growing it.  Frenzie just recently gained VIP status...and then a few days later, her account was hacked.  An interesting coincidence considering that VIP reps are able to access player accounts (back when I was first pulled into the program, I was unable to claim the gift pack they were offering, so the VIP rep logged my account to claim it for me).  I hope it is just a coincidence and not someone with inside access abusing it to sabotage player's accounts.

remember when i was banned for proving plarium employees were playing on the game server?   that makes this coincidence even more scarier to think this employees might still be out there...........  *ahem* that is... theoretically, if there were players working for plarium, say.... in tech support....

who might have access to players logins and passwords. 
Sep 23, 2017, 10:4109/23/17
Sep 23, 2017, 10:43(edited)
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:

remember when i was banned for proving plarium employees were playing on the game server?   that makes this coincidence even more scarier to think this employees might still be out there...........  *ahem* that is... theoretically, if there were players working for plarium, say.... in tech support....

who might have access to players logins and passwords. 

Admins have certain privileges, not limited to giving units and sapphires, but also login into accounts. But they don't use log in screen. But backdoor channels. 

That should surprise anyone cause Jumy once said something about VIP's knowing how much units are inside forts and castle. At the time I thought he was joking. But now I think he was telling the truth. VIP agents must have told a certain VIP these. 

''VIP

As the program is a new endeavor of Plarium, thusfar very few players have been chosen to become the first participants of the program. It’s still being developed, but unfortunately I don’t have any exact time frames for the program’s expansion.

When it came to selecting the participants of the program, multiple factors were taken into consideration, such as the amount of time spent playing the game, how long ago players joined, and their levels of activity in the game.

At the moment we cannot include all the players that meet these requirements as we are still developing this program.

We hope that the VIP Program will be seen as a nice game addition for an experienced player. "

Sep 23, 2017, 11:1409/23/17
04/10/15

Red said:

Lord Red

too many indirects accusations here. its true that support team has access to players accounts mostly to check them when some problems appears with players but also its true that what u are saying its impossible cause that is out of that person duties. 

please all you to refrain about spreading false rumors and if you continue saying such words please apport the oportunes proofs to substain such accusations.

Regards
Sep 23, 2017, 15:0709/23/17
07/30/14

It exists 

But what I have seen of it so far is a farce.

My agent Olga is constantly MIA.

Even after giving me the hours that she is on.

Silly really.

The there is Reds theory

"I believe they are still growing it. Frenzie just recently gained VIP status...and then a few days later, her account was hacked. An interesting coincidence considering that VIP reps are able to access player accounts (back when I was first pulled into the program, I was unable to claim the gift pack they were offering, so the VIP rep logged my account to claim it for me). I hope it is just a coincidence and not someone with inside access abusing it to sabotage player's accounts."

Which makes me wonder If VIP is worth anything really.

Sep 23, 2017, 20:5709/23/17
03/01/15

Roftie said:

It exists 

But what I have seen of it so far is a farce.

My agent Olga is constantly MIA.

Even after giving me the hours that she is on.

Silly really.

The there is Reds theory

"I believe they are still growing it. Frenzie just recently gained VIP status...and then a few days later, her account was hacked. An interesting coincidence considering that VIP reps are able to access player accounts (back when I was first pulled into the program, I was unable to claim the gift pack they were offering, so the VIP rep logged my account to claim it for me). I hope it is just a coincidence and not someone with inside access abusing it to sabotage player's accounts."

Which makes me wonder If VIP is worth anything really.

It is not a theory.  There is no proof.  Merely pointing out a coincidence. I was hoping that bringing it up would prompt Plarium to verify that this is not what happened.  On the positive side, they did say its impossible since this would be outside the rep's duties.  I do not need them to detail their security measures; if they have safeguards to ensure this kind of abuse can not happen, that's good enough for me.

Sep 23, 2017, 20:5809/23/17
03/01/15

Juglar del Viento said:

Red said:

Lord Red

too many indirects accusations here. its true that support team has access to players accounts mostly to check them when some problems appears with players but also its true that what u are saying its impossible cause that is out of that person duties. 

please all you to refrain about spreading false rumors and if you continue saying such words please apport the oportunes proofs to substain such accusations.

Regards

In light of what happened, it is a disturbing coincidence and a legitimate concern. Plarium says that cannot happen, so the concern is resolved.  Thank you for your response =)

Sep 23, 2017, 21:0409/23/17
07/25/15
Red said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Red said:

Lord Red

Regards

In light of what happened, it is a disturbing coincidence and a legitimate concern. Plarium says that cannot happen, so the concern is resolved.  Thank you for your response =)

Just because someone say it can not happen doesnt mean it didn't happen. Would you take anything Plarium say by facevalue? Lets just look at the whole hacking thing. If Plarium said "we got hacked" imagine the outcry of the users and blacklash. Now they saying, "we didnt get hacked" but one of our players did. Why should we take that as facevalue, and not just a means for them to do damage control? Unless they can do full disclosure and transparacy in what happened. We can't just take their words for it. 
Sep 23, 2017, 21:5109/23/17
01/31/16

Red i have same thoughts with you, this was an inside job.And what if someone pay someone inside plarium to do this ?Or they did it to reduce the huge armys so game is competitive again ?

all are possible who knows
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 24, 2017, 10:5209/24/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Red said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Red said:

Lord Red

Regards

Just because someone say it can not happen doesnt mean it didn't happen. Would you take anything Plarium say by facevalue? Lets just look at the whole hacking thing. If Plarium said "we got hacked" imagine the outcry of the users and blacklash. Now they saying, "we didnt get hacked" but one of our players did. Why should we take that as facevalue, and not just a means for them to do damage control? Unless they can do full disclosure and transparacy in what happened. We can't just take their words for it. 
What do you mean by "full disclosure and transparency"?  Do you want them to show everyone their entire server and all its security systems?  That seems like just begging to get hacked in the future if everyone can see exactly how your system is set up.  
Sep 24, 2017, 11:4209/24/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Red said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Red said:

Lord Red

Regards

What do you mean by "full disclosure and transparency"?  Do you want them to show everyone their entire server and all its security systems?  That seems like just begging to get hacked in the future if everyone can see exactly how your system is set up.  
No, when they claim they didnt get hacked, but player X did get hacked. How can they know the player got hacked? I just dont want to take that as facevalue without explenation how that was done, because or else it put us all at risk to suffer the same right`?
Sep 24, 2017, 17:0509/24/17
08/03/14
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Red said:

Juglar del Viento said:

Red said:

Lord Red

Regards

No, when they claim they didnt get hacked, but player X did get hacked. How can they know the player got hacked? I just dont want to take that as facevalue without explenation how that was done, because or else it put us all at risk to suffer the same right`?
they can see what IPs have logged into which accounts. 
Sep 24, 2017, 18:0109/24/17
Sep 24, 2017, 18:10(edited)
07/25/15

IronApex Turok said:

they can see what IPs have logged into which accounts. 

and what does that differ from two users account share?

If I log in from work and log in from home I would have two different IP address shown too. Just because different IPs log into an account doesnt prove it been hacked. Just accessed from different locations.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.