MAJOR ACCOUNT HACKED

MAJOR ACCOUNT HACKED

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 22, 2017, 11:1109/22/17
03/01/15

Gadheras said:

Well, I tried to advocate for better vetting process of let players into a league in the suggestion thread, I got gunned down by the CM's that this was not something Plarium was interested in. So I would say what happens is all fine by Plarium and how the game can be played.

There is the game, and there is the "meta" game behind. The meta game can be nasty, spying, plotting, and so forth behind the scenes. If your ultimate goal is to destroy your enemy, then the way you achieve it means nothing if you accomplish the goal. OP success right? I know it make me cynical, but it is what it is.

There is a significant difference between someone placing an alt account in a league to "spy" or create chaos and gaining illicit access to another player's account with malicious intent.  

Meta game can be nasty and some players do take the game way too seriously, but sane people should realize that there are lines one does not cross.  Stealing someone's account and using that stolen account to sabotage a league is crossing the line from meta game to criminal activity.  Its a pity there are so few laws covering digital property.  If it were physical property, the criminal would be looking at jail time if caught.  

Sep 22, 2017, 11:1709/22/17
11/07/15

Solidarity to Frenzy by the "Dragoni"

Sep 22, 2017, 11:1709/22/17
10/31/14

General low lifes taking snipes at the opportunity to attack forum community using alts. Spreading their propaganda while at it, that I am not surprised of. 

Listen to the 1 post alts above. Maybe a mod should run an IP check on them and see whose alts they belong to. 

Sep 22, 2017, 11:2809/22/17
07/25/15

Red said:

Gadheras said:

Well, I tried to advocate for better vetting process of let players into a league in the suggestion thread, I got gunned down by the CM's that this was not something Plarium was interested in. So I would say what happens is all fine by Plarium and how the game can be played.

There is the game, and there is the "meta" game behind. The meta game can be nasty, spying, plotting, and so forth behind the scenes. If your ultimate goal is to destroy your enemy, then the way you achieve it means nothing if you accomplish the goal. OP success right? I know it make me cynical, but it is what it is.

There is a significant difference between someone placing an alt account in a league to "spy" or create chaos and gaining illicit access to another player's account with malicious intent.  

Meta game can be nasty and some players do take the game way too seriously, but sane people should realize that there are lines one does not cross.  Stealing someone's account and using that stolen account to sabotage a league is crossing the line from meta game to criminal activity.  Its a pity there are so few laws covering digital property.  If it were physical property, the criminal would be looking at jail time if caught.  

It comes down to the level of extremes someone is willing to go to accomplish certain things. Like you could join a league, then you start groom a relationship with some higher up. You trust them your account details, to babysit your account while you away, build trust. Then one day you might get asked the same back, and that day you get the key to the city and can do what you intended to set out to do. 

You could be running your leagues forum site. and collect every members email address and logins to possible abuse, there is a lot of things that can happen and is possible.  Bottom line is, we are all responsible for our own account safety and login details to game, to our email and so forth. What most people shout hacking, is at best sociali engineering. 

You could argue that plant spies and create chaos is malicious as well. Regardless of what happens, its the sense of betrayl and abuse of trust that is most hurtfull. The other is just pixels on the screen.
Sep 22, 2017, 11:3309/22/17
07/16/14
No comments from Jezebel...................very suprising given she was involved in the fortress attack and is normally all over these forums.
Sep 22, 2017, 11:4509/22/17
04/10/15

Dear Lords

on my own opinion i think nobdoy has interest to hack a simply game account even more the effort it supposes for the gain u are going to take. i think is simply a fail of confidence in the person the marshall had deposited on that person.

i have seen this a lot on fb server. a lot of people shares  their accounts details to take care for their castles for some periods of time. the marshall goes to hollidays and puts his data on wrong hands or makes marshall for a some days a person who then destroys the league.

please send all data if you want to support to investigate what has happened. the only hands now can handle that are they.

Regards

Sep 22, 2017, 11:4609/22/17
07/30/14
Gadheras said:

Yoloswagans said:

So Red, everything comes down to spending?

You can share accounts and have the benefits but cannot handle the fallout if someone may have miss-handled the responsibilities they undertook? 

Due to quitting i gave this account to Frenzie under the pre-tense that she was not allowed to hit my league  (Destiny) with it, but she could have fun and use it up as she wanted.  Within a week i found out that my 50M offense was used to hit Destiny beacon during the carnage event. So i asked for it back and she was a bit reluctant... So i tried to recover the account and Plarium said it was my fault (which i accept) and there was nothing i could do. I guess it was because i didn't spend money on saphires and my 50M O and 25M D are measly to some of these big spenders. Fortunately Frenzie did the right thing (bless her) and later in the day returned me my account with a heart-filled apology, even so this (beacon hit) would have absolutely destroyed my reputation with my former league Destiny. 

Account sharing has its responsibilities and risks. If Plarium acts different based on how much $$$ you spend, that is disgusting. If troops are returned that would also be appalling, i took my losses for what they were, my stupidity. I deserved them, and it looks like they probably did too (the 50 players left in the league by the looks of it). If it was a hack and it's provable, please get Frenzie her account back (unless what Oracle (the noob) said was true then good job), but troops returned would be a step too far from normal game-play.

lol, so you just addmited to account sharing. Which should imho get you both banned for doing this. If Plarium had any balls at all to follow their own rules both accounts should been just closed down. How about it Plarium, do we allow account sharing, multiple accounts and so forth, or do we not?
I have shared my acc in the past with Frenzie and if plarium wants to ban me for it..... it will be their loss
Sep 22, 2017, 11:5309/22/17
07/25/15

Juglar del Viento said:

Dear Lords

on my own opinion i think nobdoy has interest to hack a simply game account even more the effort it supposes for the gain u are going to take. i think is simply a fail of confidence in the person the marshall had deposited on that person.

i have seen this a lot on fb server. a lot of people shares  their accounts details to take care for their castles for some periods of time. the marshall goes to hollidays and puts his data on wrong hands or makes marshall for a some days a person who then destroys the league.

please send all data if you want to support to investigate what has happened. the only hands now can handle that are they.

Regards

I guess sometimes its just easier to shout foul, hacking and what not. I don't even know if Plarium does any IP logging etc when we login to the game. Should been as simple as had a check in place if someone tried to login to the account from a differnet country, the account would get locked until verified. 

Over time I advocated for better ways to login to combat bots, and for ways to have better vetting before accept new members into leagues etc, but Plarium not interested in any of this. They dont care about bots, account sharing, multiple accounts and so forth, it all comes down to sapphires and money. 

Sep 22, 2017, 11:5609/22/17
07/25/15
Roftie said:

m normal game-play.

lol, so you just addmited to account sharing. Which should imho get you both banned for doing this. If Plarium had any balls at all to follow their own rules both accounts should been just closed down. How about it Plarium, do we allow account sharing, multiple accounts and so forth, or do we not?
I have shared my acc in the past with Frenzie and if plarium wants to ban me for it..... it will be their loss
Isn't that addmiting guilt of breaking the rules Plarium have? What does that make you? Breaking the rules is okay as long as no one get caught? Are you special snowflakes that sould be excempt for rules? Or is it okay to break rules because there is no consequnece of doing so?
Sep 22, 2017, 12:0009/22/17
07/30/14

Gadheras said:

Roftie said:

m normal game-play.

Isn't that addmiting guilt of breaking the rules Plarium have? What does that make you? Breaking the rules is okay as long as no one get caught? Are you special snowflakes that sould be excempt for rules? Or is it okay to break rules because there is no consequnece of doing so?

Take it any way you want.

Really couldnt care less what you think it is

Sep 22, 2017, 12:0909/22/17
07/25/15

Roftie said:

Gadheras said:

Roftie said:

m normal game-play.

Take it any way you want.

Really couldnt care less what you think it is

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8nD1E7a0-JqB-4tNkXsU-6QtWBkuYNNyRmypNMW4BnYoiH0RO

Sep 22, 2017, 12:1509/22/17
10/31/14

Gadheras said:

Account sharing is common practice. It doesn't excuse nor does that make it legal or okay. But you've to understand that its common in these game to do so. 

I too did share my account info with Frenzie before. I was largely concerned with helping in building the league. I don't think I will share my account ever in the future.

But if you met/communicated with Frenzie you will understand why players like me are angered by people like DJ moody calling her names like that, and alts taking bites at a condescending situations that we are yet to see Plarium solve. 

Sep 22, 2017, 12:3009/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 12:33(edited)
01/21/15

No Oracle, I am not an alt, this is the only account i have access to... 

Even Roftie knows me and i have chatted with him before on facebook. Just voicing my account support experience on what happened to me and i expect plarium to be consistent. Frenzie is very trustworthy and i agree, she does the right thing with my encounter with her, but that doesn't mean Plarium can go around giving troops back because if that suddenly is the case, I'm sure there will be a whole line of people wanting theirs back from years of Plarium saying "no way".
Sep 22, 2017, 12:3709/22/17
07/25/15

Oracle said:

Gadheras said:

Account sharing is common practice. It doesn't excuse nor does that make it legal or okay. But you've to understand that its common in these game to do so. 

I too did share my account info with Frenzie before. I was largely concerned with helping in building the league. I don't think I will share my account ever in the future.

But if you met/communicated with Frenzie you will understand why players like me are angered by people like DJ moody calling her names like that, and alts taking bites at a condescending situations that we are yet to see Plarium solve. 

Just because something is common practice doesnt make it okay to do so. If you break rules you know is there. You still break the rules. Name calling and such is bad, but I get annoyed at what I call is special snowflakes that excempt themselfs from rules. The excuse of everyone does it, DOES NOT FLY, or make it okay. And it doesn't matter how nice a person is. Wrong, is wrong period. Account sharing, multiple accounts, 

If you got the slightest insight in what actual hacking is, you know that for someone to "hack" your email account to gain access to your plarium account. Is... ridicilous claim. Its like to ask someone to hack gmail to retrieve the access of a particular users account. You have to look at what is plausible and most likely possible of happened. 

You can't or shouldn't reinburse stupid, which account sharing is.

A level playing field for every player should be the goal imho.
Sep 22, 2017, 12:4609/22/17
Sep 26, 2017, 11:20(edited)
02/29/16

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

First of all, please pay attention that from company side we do our best to secure the game from hackers' attacks as we have a strong protection against outside interference. That means no-one can hack your account without knowing the password/login combination. But still, the security of your social network account and Plarium.com account is the sole responsibility of you as the account holder. Please, don't share your login or password with anyone, don't follow suspicious links and don't use third-party services, which require your account details.

Let me share some quotes from our Terms of Use and Security Policy.

TERMS OF USE, 3.Use of the Service (d):

"You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (A) notify Plarium immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (B) exit from your Account at the end of each session."

Security Policy: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002370429-Security-Policy

And as for the situation that has arisen. Unfortunately, MAD FRENZIE was really hacked.

UPDATE

Our Support Team investigated the issue in more details, and it came out that my conclusion regarding this situation was made too fast.

Support team representative discussed this case with the owner of the account once again and informed her about our Support Team's decision. 

We won't announce either the results of investigation or decision made by Support team as it's against our Privacy policy.

Sep 22, 2017, 12:5609/22/17
07/25/15
Sergey Kryvorotchenko said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies!

First of all, please pay attention that from company side we do our best to secure the game from hackers' attacks as we have a strong protection against outside interference. That means no-one can hack your account without knowing the password/login combination. But still, the security of your social network account and Plarium.com account is the sole responsibility of you as the account holder. Please, don't share your login or password with anyone, don't follow suspicious links and don't use third-party services, which require your account details.

Let me share some quotes from our Terms of Use and Security Policy.

TERMS OF USE, 3.Use of the Service (d):

"You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (A) notify Plarium immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (B) exit from your Account at the end of each session."

Security Policy: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002370429-Security-Policy

And as for the situation that has arisen. Unfortunately, MAD FRENZIE was really hacked.

There's an investigation going on. I’ll keep you informed. 

So, in this thread, several examples of account sharing been revealed. What stance does Plarium have on this and what consequence will this have for the involved parties? Is there an actual consequene of breaking the rules? Or is it just a fake illusion? If there is no conseuqnce of breaking rules, then you just tell us all its okay to break them as no one care?
Sep 22, 2017, 13:0609/22/17
10/31/14

Gadheras said:

Just because something is common practice doesnt make it okay to do so. If you break rules you know is there. You still break the rules. Name calling and such is bad, but I get annoyed at what I call is special snowflakes that excempt themselfs from rules. The excuse of everyone does it, DOES NOT FLY, or make it okay. And it doesn't matter how nice a person is. Wrong, is wrong period. Account sharing, multiple accounts, 

If you got the slightest insight in what actual hacking is, you know that for someone to "hack" your email account to gain access to your plarium account. Is... ridicilous claim. Its like to ask someone to hack gmail to retrieve the access of a particular users account. You have to look at what is plausible and most likely possible of happened. 

You can't or shouldn't reinburse stupid, which account sharing is.

A level playing field for every player should be the goal imho.

I agree with you. Sharing your email account is wrong, illegal and not OK. 

It doesn't excuse no make it OK even if the practice is common,largely because of vulnerabilities and privacy policies bridged. But we are human, and we tend to do silly and stupid things. Its wrong, but that doesn't make us stupid, or warrant calling players that do such stupid. The action itself might be stupid, or redundant atleast. But you've to filter human factor in deciding that the action is stupid. We also have personal problem in RL that we can't control. Health problem for example forced Roftie to share his info, loyalty and the need to help caused mine. Its wrong for you to place these circumstances in one boat. An action that is very wrong might a good one, but that doesn't make it right. 

Hacking is possible. in your scenario with email account it depend. hacking takes time and lots of resources. Its also illegal. but possible. Hacking email giants like Gmail, is possible, but will be a lot easy when compared with hacking email account of local servers. Hacking is an act of finding vulnerability in a system to access part of data in the system, or manipulate the system. That is why I ruled hacking out. Why would anyone want to hack plarium.com only to kill troops in a game that even its players hate. 

Cracking is what many say was done. I find it unlikely. As it could happen when someone know Frenzies email account and used a tool or complex debugging codes to get into his account normally by login. Why I find it unlikely, it will mean someone in Emps did it. It will mean Frenzie was betrayed, so much that someone was willing to coax and act lovey dovey to her in pretence only to one day do these deeds. 

These will require time, and planning that will make it impossible for 1 player to do it. It will mean that a certain league was somehow involved and not one individual. These league will expose itselft to a complex situation. IP checks will be run, they will be investigated and their accounts and league will likely be banished. 

Maybe a league of individual with hordes of alts did it. and didn't care about the fingerprints they were leaving in the net much. and their possibility of being banned, because they knew that Plarium doesn't care and won't even investigate these.

Sep 22, 2017, 13:1809/22/17
06/13/14

Gadheras said:

You guys would never surive in a game such as EVE-Online :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEO-Gc-VKV4

To claim you been hacked is ridicilous. To claim someone hacked your email account with the purpose to gain access to your Plarium account is even more so. 

The definition of hacking used is just laughable. 

The person exposed their login details one way or the other. Registered on some forum, site, ts, ventrilo, WHATEVER using same psw as his/hers Plarium account, mail account etc. The number of people that use the same password all over the place is baffeling.

Looking at Stormfall and Plarium as whole. The likelyhood as this is a side effect of account sharing, allow someone to babysit your account etc, is much more likely. At most, maybe someone managed to plant a keylogger on your computer, but that would have required for you to accept and run a file of sorts.

In the words of Lemmy, its time to play the game. A part of the higher end meta game is to screw over everyone, and there is no secret this happen. Planting spies, try to create mayhem and destruction on your enemies. See someone manage, I applaude.... Does that make me a bad person? Shrugs. Its what happens afterwards that measure up to what is good players or not. 

This is very true ..... They would be owned in minutes in a game like EVE

Good old days of the BOB Corp "old EVE players will know what i'm talking about"
Sep 22, 2017, 13:3509/22/17
07/25/15

zapelo said:

This is very true ..... They would be owned in minutes in a game like EVE

Good old days of the BOB Corp "old EVE players will know what i'm talking about"

Well, BOB (band of brothers) was more an alliance than a stand alone Corp. And the demise and collapse of came down to a single person "Haargoth Agamar". What happens when enough power land on the hands of someone disgruntled and betrayl is within reach. The Mittani and his Goonswarm got most of the credit but Haargroth disbanding the alliance was the deal breaker when it came down to damage done. BOB tried to reform as  KenZoku but didn't really fare very well. Sir Molle faded out in history and Goonswarm still here today the cancer of EVE :p

Sep 22, 2017, 13:3709/22/17
12/18/14

Crusher said:

No comments from Jezebel...................very suprising given she was involved in the fortress attack and is normally all over these forums.

i actually quit visiting the forums a while ago but here is a comment just for you

I was not personally involved in the attack but offense from my league was - I was asked if I wanted to hit with softeners so we did - has Emps ever hit a league I have been in ... the answer is yes

Have Emps broken rules to gain access to sensitive league information in order to take down other leagues? the answer to that again is yes - so is it okay for Emps to break TOS and the rules and not okay for others to do the same thing?  Emps would say yes lol

I have no first hand knowledge as to what transpired within Emps when it did so I have no comments to make on that subject
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.